Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2008 3:00 PM

Oct 2007
Hey Tomoya , I could of helped you eat all that food. All you had to do is ask me. But no, instead you have heartburn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2008 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
wow a star shaped Baumkuchen would be hard to make! Fuko is amazing!
Feb 15, 2008 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
It's not that I dislike Kotomi (though she is a bit whiny and annoying) nor that I hate her existing in the show. But rather that her appearances only seem to be for the effect of "hey, there's one more girl over here who's sad that she doesn't get Tomoya."
Feb 15, 2008 3:54 PM

Mar 2007
Yay for some Nagisa/Tomoya action, but I feel so sorry for the other girls. ;___;

Tomoyo is so full of win.
Feb 15, 2008 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
lolikitsune said:
It's not that I dislike Kotomi (though she is a bit whiny and annoying) nor that I hate her existing in the show. But rather that her appearances only seem to be for the effect of "hey, there's one more girl over here who's sad that she doesn't get Tomoya."

Hmm... I don't think that Kotomi is really in love with Tomoya.
For her, he is just her best and first friend she ever had, so she is concerned about him..

Feb 15, 2008 4:37 PM

Oct 2007
That went from funny to sad episode pretty fast.

Feb 15, 2008 4:56 PM

Sep 2007
I really don't like Nagisa at all but the whole thing Tomoya knocking that guy's hand away was awesome. And I felt pretty bad for Kyou/Ryou =(

Sunohara with the pink hearted boxer shorts on his head was just fantastic. I love Sunohara <3

And Tomoyo...now I really want to read Tomoyo After :D
Feb 15, 2008 4:58 PM

Jan 2008
I'm going to absolutely hate having to go without this show for a week ;_;

That being said, this was a good episode, mainly because tomoyo got a good amount of screen time!

Yeah, by now it's pretty obvious that Nagisa and Tomoya are going to get together by the end of this series (well arguably that's been obvious since the beginning..but you get what I'm saying). I was kinda hoping they'd swerve us and put him together with maybe Kotomi, but it's looking less and less likely.

That being said, I want to make it clear that I think that keeping Kotomi around after the story left focus from her was a good decision, but I'm annoyed at how she ends up having less dialog than any of the other girls; even Fuko has at least 3-4 notable lines per episode, and she's in a freaking coma!
Feb 15, 2008 5:03 PM

May 2007
Once Nagisa returned from her absence, Tomoya unconsciously discover how much he longed for her. Even after Kyou's effort of making foods for the suspended Tomoya he still don't show any love interest. They were too slow to approach Tomoya who is a delinquent bum and actually have no desire for love relationship. The sign of defeat was when they broke down in tears. Pitiful, pitiful sight. :<

Winning matches in several kind of psychical competitions is so like Tomoyo. It's also a development to hear some of Tomoyo's background. Next episode looks very promising. Tomoyo's reign as student council begin. The Theater Club finally reestablished. I wonder where how they'll go from there on. My guesses are: Fujibayashi remain as "good friends", Nagisa and Tomoya getting closer to each other, Tomoyo fighting to preserve the sakura trees.

As for the Kotomi hate, Fuko hate, etc. whatever! Bah.
Feb 15, 2008 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
I really wished it would of been either Kyou and Tomoya, or Tomoyo and Tomoya. Sad to see that Tomoya is finally realizing he likes Nagisa... T-T
Feb 15, 2008 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
Wasn't the most interesting episode, but it was still very good.
Feb 15, 2008 5:25 PM
Feb 2008
It was pretty good. I was glad to see Nagisa back. :D
Feb 15, 2008 5:31 PM

Aug 2007
Wow kyoani copped out of that one...guess you call that killing two birds with one stone...

Both Kyou and Tomoyo arcs in total received around 4 episodes, with two dedicated episodes and two random snippets scattered throughout the series.

I guess that I have to applaud the way they avoided the other couplings and solidified the route they planned on using, but my fanboy side says death to kyoani! =P

We don't even get to see a confession or nothing, just your typical male harem lead oblivious to the other girls while he pines over the chosen one. Sure we have some Ryou/Tomoya, but Kyou is the more important sister of the two. The previews somewhat hint to a Kyou confession but the lack of the leg socks? adds more to the mystery of it.

Has to be my least favourite Clannad episode by far. Not against the Nagisa route, but bringing the hammer down at the expense of the other girls makes me sad. Kyou and Tomoyo didn't even get a chance to become love interests to Tomoya, just calmly stepping aside (or breaking into sad tears) once they find the situation utterly hopeless...

Feb 15, 2008 5:42 PM

Feb 2008
OMg , the las minutes it wass great , finaly okasaky think in nagisa!

But with this haren , i hope no end like school days (?)

Feb 15, 2008 6:01 PM

Dec 2007
OH MY LORD

most annoying cliffhanger ever,so at the moment all im getting is Tomoyo likes Tomoya, but Kyou's sister also likes Tomoya BUT Kyou likes him to but would rather see her sister happy... that is until she breaks down in tears at the end when she finally realizes Tomoya has the eyes for Nagisa?

I cant believe i have to wait another week for the next episode T____T
Feb 15, 2008 6:08 PM

Sep 2007
Apart from the usual fantasticness of Clannad (such as the overfeeding of okazaki and Fuko's "help") the ending was absolutely epic, when Okazaki's arm just shot out and the twins realized that Okazaki had already made his choice. Absolutely beautiful!
Feb 15, 2008 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
I think the lunch scene was the first time we had all the charicters in one room. Looks like it's time for the final stetch.

Boo....no Clannad for two weeks. *goes emo*
Feb 15, 2008 7:35 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode once again, but I hate to admit it...Fuko was really annoying and I usually love her. I love how it ended and the preview opens up a lot of new possibilities
Feb 15, 2008 7:37 PM

Nov 2007
1. Kyou > Nagisa
2. Kyou cried
3. Kyou> Nagisa

AHHHHHH I'M GOING NUTS.

KyoAni is a wonderful studio but they need to learn to STEP AWAY FROM BEING SO FAITHFUL TO THE ORIGINAL CONTENT ONCE IN A WHILE ;_;

Seriously, I would've loved to have seen Kanon end with Mai or Nayuki. Just as I would love to see this show end with Kyou or Tomoyo.
Feb 15, 2008 7:46 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
Anyways, this was a spectacular episode. The food scene was hilarious. I loved seeing everyone, especially Ryou, trying to get Tomoya to eat. But the highlight was defintely the second half with trying to get Tomoyo more support. The tennis match was really well done in the sense of pretty much putting the knockout on the competition for Tomoya.

It really is the best, Tomoya blushing, his feelnigs for Nagisa are all there, etc...
Loving it... Sad to see Kyou like that though at the end :(
Feb 15, 2008 8:15 PM

Jan 2008
The beginning 3/4 of the episode were forgettable; stupid harem moments, a few laughs, and Tomoyo's uninteresting backstory (nothing against her, she is very entertaining but I don't particularly care about her past just the present). I was glad to see Nagisa come back in the episode instead of waiting until the next. The sisters annoy me, seriously with all those guys in that school, twin sisters fall for the same one. Only in a harem anime.
Feb 15, 2008 8:50 PM

Aug 2007
Omg rigged, rigged!!! Kotomi is win >.<
Feb 15, 2008 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
As everyone else I am not surprised about the Tomoya and Nagisa development, and I am actually happy about it. The slow development through the series is much more believable then having him being completely undecided until the end.

I also don't think that characters should just vanish after their arcs are over. They are all friends after all, even if they are interested in the same guy.

Note that I am a Kotomi supporter but I still think that Nagisa is the best match for Tomoya.
Feb 15, 2008 9:48 PM

Jul 2007
Well i loved it...
Pos
-Food Scene was awesome-At last we saw Kotomi again-Tomoyo was awesome-The sisters had an amazing reaction when they finally realized that Tomoya likes Nagisa-The Ending song was soooooooo amazing i loved it.
Neg
Fukkos- appearance once again fucked my mood- I always found Tomoya overreacting what regards hes father... Theres no fucking way that her foot could be so hardly hit that she couldnt walk after lol...
To sum up this ep was AMAZING I LOVED IT AND I CANT W8 FOR MORE!
Feb 15, 2008 9:54 PM

Jul 2007
lolikitsune said:
... Kyou wasn't crying because she'd lost to Nagisa but because Ryou apologized, and Ryou apologized because she'd known all along, and Kyou suddenly knows that she's wronged Ryou as much as Ryou wronged her and now they've both lost...

nice!that's what i thought so too. tomoyo maybe just showing her gratitude to tomoya though, so maybe its just ryou and kyou who got pwned in the end. oh well...kyou might have been thinking about the gym scene all along "but we..almost made out! you almost raped me and i almost let you! :-O" XD lol
corrodedFeb 15, 2008 10:00 PM
Feb 15, 2008 9:55 PM

Jul 2007
The whole episode was awesome, but that last scene was by far the best. It is sad to see him make 'the choice' though. Maybe people (including myself) will like Nagisa more once her arc starts.
Feb 15, 2008 9:56 PM

Sep 2007
Cloud1234 said:
I always found Tomoya overreacting what regards hes father...

How can he be seen as overreacting if we don't even know what's up between him and his dad? =/
Feb 16, 2008 4:30 AM

Feb 2008
Vive Kyou!!!

what a pity...tomoya, kneel to Kyou sama!!!
Feb 16, 2008 5:57 AM

Dec 2007
Well it was OK I guess... I think this is one of the rare series where I'd rather see the protagonist with someone else than female lead. i.e. Tomoyo or Kotomi in this situation...

But Seriously, they need to give Fuuko a rest... this isn't funny anymore, it's just annoying.

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Feb 16, 2008 6:25 AM

Aug 2007
i want more tomoyo :<
Feb 16, 2008 6:36 AM

Oct 2007
I guess I didn't enjoy the episode as much as everyone else did...Lunch was great but its funny that the reintroduction of Nagisa to the group just breaks everything down.

I personally think that Nagisa has been the least interestng character on the show and the fact that the last two episodes were so good were because she wasnt actually in them. For a show that's main appeal is the secondary characters its just reality that I feel this way about the supposed main female lead.

I loved the crying exchange between the girls but it looked amazingly awkward and slighty off on the sidelines of the tennis match and not in that two girls are crying on the side of a tennis court kinda way.
Feb 16, 2008 7:02 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome, awesome eouside. Great development for pretty much everyone. Very emotional and everyone's starting to understand their own feelings. This is what Clannad is all about. Fuko's appearance was very well placed this time. I really loved this.

Ryou really is the brightest of the twins. Not that Kyou is stupid or anything, but she understood things way before her sister did. Kyou lets her emotions speak for herself and that got her hurt a lot.

I totally cheered when I saw Tomoyo won. Her story was so very touching, I wish they had given her more screentime, I really do.

Man, I hope the other episodes are as good as this one.

I loved the crying exchange between the girls but it looked amazingly awkward and slighty off on the sidelines of the tennis match and not in that two girls are crying on the side of a tennis court kinda way.

I agree. For everyone else, that was extremely awkward.
MaxwellLilyFeb 16, 2008 7:11 AM
Feb 16, 2008 7:50 AM

Nov 2007
A touching episode; looks like reality checks are coming. I was expecting Tomoya to block the ball, but I guess it still ended good.
Feb 16, 2008 9:17 AM

Dec 2007
Man why Nagisa had to appear and ruin everything. I liked her from the begining but now. Mou. I hope there will be more Tomoyo in the next episode.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Feb 16, 2008 9:20 AM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed this episode. The whole lunch scene was done really well. I also like learning more about Tomoyo, and her reasons of becoming Student Council President. I can't wait for the next episode, since I wonder what is going to happen next.
Feb 16, 2008 11:07 AM
Dec 2007
And the Nagisa hate plows on. Yes, she gets the hot guy, now all of the fanboys can go cry in a corner. Also, I think Nagisa hasn't fully recovered from her illness, so more Nagisa drama coming soon. Next episode seems to be more about Tomoya's relationship with his father (which was touched in this episode). I want to know whether my feeling that he's overreacting is correct or if he really is entitled to be so cold.

As for why Kotomi hardly ever talks...well, she's always been that way. Though I agree they need to give her a few more lines. Maybe have her interject in the conversations in some form.

Feb 16, 2008 11:58 AM

Apr 2007
Leon-Gun said:
And the Nagisa hate plows on. Yes, she gets the hot guy, now all of the fanboys can go cry in a corner.

lol I love the way you put it.

I think Tomoya must have a valid reason. Once someone breaks your trust, it's hard regaining it.
Feb 16, 2008 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
Leon-Gun said:
And the Nagisa hate plows on. Yes, she gets the hot guy, now all of the fanboys can go cry in a corner. Also, I think Nagisa hasn't fully recovered from her illness, so more Nagisa drama coming soon.

I guess I would be one of the afformentioned haters. The reason I "hate" Nagisa is because I honestly feel that if we removed her from the anime, it would not hurt the story or the pacing in the slightest. I honestly believe that. The fact is that she as a character is boring as hell. Her mom and dad are hilarious while she is just the kinda quiet kinda defenseless hot chick who hasn't done anything but make the lead character jump through hoops. She is a waste and its shown by how much attachment people have to every other character in the anime.

also good theory. I think there is going to be a sick Nagisa arc now that you mention it.
Feb 16, 2008 3:13 PM
Dec 2007
manasteel88 said:
Leon-Gun said:
And the Nagisa hate plows on. Yes, she gets the hot guy, now all of the fanboys can go cry in a corner. Also, I think Nagisa hasn't fully recovered from her illness, so more Nagisa drama coming soon.

I guess I would be one of the afformentioned haters. The reason I "hate" Nagisa is because I honestly feel that if we removed her from the anime, it would not hurt the story or the pacing in the slightest. I honestly believe that. The fact is that she as a character is boring as hell. Her mom and dad are hilarious while she is just the kinda quiet kinda defenseless hot chick who hasn't done anything but make the lead character jump through hoops. She is a waste and its shown by how much attachment people have to every other character in the anime.

also good theory. I think there is going to be a sick Nagisa arc now that you mention it.
Aye aye, I understand your reasoning. I always find her to be a good foil for Tomoya though. And even if you dislike the character, you gotta agree that it is a good decision to seal the deal fairly early rather than do a late and badly developed pairing.

And the main reason I think Nagisa is still sick is mainly her look. Ever since coming back she's had an ill look about her, and in the preview you can see she looks red, almost kinda feverish (and not in the blushing kind of way).

Feb 16, 2008 3:53 PM

Nov 2007
I loved very much this episod !! *__*

Excellent and interesting !!
And i'm very happy to see Tomoya and Nagisa together at the end !! ^_^

The story of the Tomoyo's brother is very good ... and sad ... and explain a lot of things !
And i'm ask me what Kyou'll do after that ....

Feb 16, 2008 4:27 PM

Jun 2007
i loved this ep!!!!!!!!!
>0< kyaaaaaaaaaa! <3
I got so squirmy and happy and jolly when Nagisa came back and Tomoya was all "lurve's"
*dies*
It was such an excelent episode, loved the food scene very funny, Kotomi is so cute! But she seems to be the only one thats like PFF wutever! :D about the Nagisa/Tomoya thing... but thats probably because shes pretty dense. I love her.
Tomoyo's story was pretty meh... sad i guess but didn't move me a bit.

Feb 16, 2008 7:47 PM

Sep 2007
Am I the only one who get annoyed by Fuko's appearances?
They really ruined the character by making her a mere comic relief character...
I hate her as much as I hate Nagisa now.
Just feeling for Tomoyo and the twins now, Nagisa ruins all!!! DX
Feb 16, 2008 7:49 PM

Jun 2007
I love this series even though I hate that it isnt going the way I want it...
I dont want nagisa x tomoya to end up together *is against it* its anoying me that he keeps thinking about her xD
Kyou x Tomoya <33
I always new kyou liked him from the begining and iif its not kyo, then tomoyo... anyone but nagisa Dx
fuko's appearance in this ep. was ok (since it was comedy) but I really dislike that she keeps popping up, either they make it so she is in the story or dont, because in the last few eps, that ruined the mood Dx
speaking of her, the food part was funny xD
and I tear a little when kyou cried.... awww kyou ;-;

Sakinho said:
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!1!!1! T_T

And the grand finale: a Kyou pic

!<3333333
Feb 16, 2008 8:58 PM

Dec 2007
manasteel88 said:

Completely agree, it was as if they didn't have time to draw enough frames or know how to show people cringe/crying at the same time. I was too busy laughing at the animation to really feel for them.

The first half of this episode was awesome and then it went downhill fast. All I ask is for the last few episodes to be awesome. Strangely I thought Fuko was really funny this time around (sorry guys from the Anti-Starfish Association).
playconnFeb 16, 2008 9:19 PM
Feb 16, 2008 9:39 PM

Jun 2007
Did I miss something? After the part of the episode where all the girls bring Tomoya food; it goes black and he magically appears in school again lol. I take it he was only suspended for a few days and not the whole school year right? lol that part was just so random it kind of killed the mood for me.

Other then that this ep was pretty good.
Feb 16, 2008 10:42 PM
Nov 2007
manasteel88 said:
Leon-Gun said:

TRUTH. Go Kyou.
Feb 16, 2008 11:47 PM

Jun 2007
"Her mom and dad are hilarious while she is just the kinda quiet kinda defenseless hot chick who hasn't done anything but make the lead character jump through hoops. "

well put, Im already bored of her way on handling things
I really hope that rest of the episodes wont be about her or her conforting tomoya in his sad moments.
I want kyou to have her time now <33
xxjanismFeb 19, 2008 6:40 PM
Feb 17, 2008 3:12 AM

Oct 2007
Kyou is still FTW, no matter what Tomoya does.
Feb 17, 2008 4:23 AM

Jul 2007
best arc of the show: tomoyo and kyou are pure win!

but they've got a rly short arc, compared to others ;_;

Feb 17, 2008 5:12 AM

Feb 2008
It's just a reflex to do something like that if you are in love with someone, when the tennis ball hit Nagisa. It's a great anime, love this one. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

158 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 4, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.