Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2009
This version of the underworld gave out some Berserk vibes.
Feb 22, 2016 5:53 PM

Apr 2015
Meh, if the anime were called Sasshomaru, I'd rate it as 8/10 minimum. Not the case, not the case.

"Nothing I could have gained, was worth loosing her" -Sesshiniromarurururu
I really liked that one. The first and probably the only powerful phrase in the series.
Mar 25, 2016 3:05 PM

Jun 2015
I love Rin and Sesshomaru moments. It makes my heart melt.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 13, 2016 5:24 PM
Apr 2016
What I found even more depressing is that they are not even close to defeating Naraku despite how much effort Kikyou put in after her death. I mean I know she had to die sometime later, but seeing her tears before her soul gets carried by the soul collectors was very sad. T

he moment where she was happy was so brief and Inuyasha couldn't do anything about it. Also the moment no one in the group condemns the relationship. I know Inuyasha loves Kagome too, but he is so torn by the two of them, that it just sad. Watching this when I"m older, I could understand Kikyou's tragedy and why she was so misunderstood.

In a way, I wish she had a better solace for her life instead of that brief moment with Inuyasha.
Aug 24, 2016 9:13 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode ever :( Ah oh my god Sesshomaru is such a sweetie inside, and the way he truly will do anything for for Rin gets me every time D: God damn that tugs on the heart strings.
Feb 11, 2017 12:53 AM

May 2013
Great episode, it does not top last weeks but it was great to see Sesshomaru have some amazing character development, he cares so much for Rin. It's a strange relationship but still, great episode.

Feb 15, 2017 8:05 PM

Dec 2016
I honestly rewatched this episode three times because it slapped me right in the feels (but in a good way) and it is the most precious thing to see how much Sesshy actually cares awwwww and I though his relationship with Rin couldn't get any sweeter oh boi was I wrong <3 I love his character development so much, he's come such a long way <3333
Feb 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
I would have been pretty pissed off if Rin died just like that :(

Sesshomaru's mother is quite an interesting woman :D Kind of what I would have expected.

Damn, I knew Sesshomaru cared about Rin, but to hear him say such a thing like "nothing could ever be worth the cost of her life"... :'D Wow man, I really like Sesshomaru's development.
Aug 29, 2019 6:08 AM

Jul 2015
Almost had a heart attack when they said Rin died and couldn't be brought back with the tenseiga again.

Sesshomaru has finally learned compassion

I can see where he got his personality from.

Jul 31, 2020 3:37 PM

May 2020
God damn, that fucking sesshoumaru is a pedo, holy mother of god
Aug 25, 2020 7:49 AM
Aug 2020
Loved Sesshomaru's mom, I never thought about what she might be like, but when you see her and when she talks, it's obvious that's his mom! lol ... very nice character development with him caring about Rin too. I really thought she died.

The best part however was the speech Sesshomaru's mom gave him after Rin came back to life. Everything about how Tenseiga can only revive someone one time, life isn't something to be trifled with, it's meant to be limited, he's not a god and he can't go around not fearing death, acting like he can just bring people back to life whenever he wants. That insight, those moments of revelation were always the best parts of Inuyasha. imo.

Second best episode in Final Act, right after the previous one. Seems like this stretch of episodes was the high point of the entire series.

Sep 15, 2020 8:09 AM
Sep 2020
Seiteki-San said:
Seiteki-San said:

Finally someone said it! 😂 My pedo boi
Nov 11, 2020 6:25 AM

Dec 2007
i couldn't shed a single tear or be sad even a little about rin since sesshomaru's mother said every second she would die.

the important thing we get though is sesshomaru's love for rin.

really love how the pace stabilised with every episode, the anime just getting better with each episode.
Apr 2, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2016
Sesshomaru development, couldn't ask for more.
Jun 28, 2021 10:25 AM

May 2019
The first time Sesshomaru shows human emotion because of how much precious Rin to him. He also got a great mother as well. Through this trial Sesshomaru learns the value of life and at the same time his Tenseiga also improve its ability. Two swordmen brothers must learn new lesson to improve their swords.
VivaceRexJun 28, 2021 10:28 AM

Nov 16, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Huh, Sesshomaru's mother isn't even that heartless, who would've thought?
Dec 24, 2022 6:55 AM

Jan 2018
Why is the anime suddenly wasting time with recaps lately? Shouldn't they dedicate as much time to the actual content of the episode since there's so much to adapt? Oh well, since these episodes are adapting the manga in a more straightforward manner now, the pacing feels more consistent at least. 

I love Sesshomaru's mother. She's hot. 
Mar 7, 2023 8:19 PM

Feb 2020
It is interesting to see Sesshomaru's character development go from :| to :| (but this time he secretly wants to protect Rin)
gunk.
Sep 13, 2023 12:55 AM

Jun 2020
So Sesshomaru's mother finally makes an appearance. I like her sarcastic yet caring personality. I would've just assumed she was cold and heartless just like Sesshomaru once was, given how his father is the more compassionate one.

But like always, it's nice to see Sesshomaru displaying the human side of him despite being a full demon. His affection for Rin was always apparent but this episode makes it crystal clear. I'm honestly not a fan of them as a couple though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.