Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2015 7:47 PM

Nov 2010
Monstrum said:
Bostonblows said:

Which leaderboard? Highest payroll in the game, one of the best farm systems in the game...so nah, I think you have to expect quite a bit out of them at this point.

Well I'm not really a Dodgers fan. But I respect Kershaw.

He's ridiculous, definitely the best pitcher in the MLB right now.
Feb 27, 2015 8:47 PM
Feb 2014
Monstrum said:
Dodgers dominating the leaderboard, isn't it unexpected?

What leaderboard do you mean? lol

Kershaw might be the best pitcher in the game, but Corey Kluber is the most underrated pitcher in the game for sure who deserves a possibility of being the best.

Alex, the Dodgers don't fuck up, the Cardinals always eat their dreams alive. Pretty sure all of my relatives who are Dodgers fans know this.
AqutanFeb 27, 2015 8:52 PM
Feb 28, 2015 9:53 AM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Monstrum said:
Dodgers dominating the leaderboard, isn't it unexpected?

Kershaw might be the best pitcher in the game, but Corey Kluber is the most underrated pitcher in the game for sure who deserves a possibility of being the best.

Alex, the Dodgers don't fuck up, the Cardinals always eat their dreams alive. Pretty sure all of my relatives who are Dodgers fans know this.

Kluber had a great year, i'd probably give "most underrated" to Doug Fister though. If you think there's any conversation to the best pitcher in the game debate, please go look at the last 4 years or so Kershaw has had, it's a historic performance at this point.
Feb 28, 2015 2:27 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

Kluber had a great year, i'd probably give "most underrated" to Doug Fister though. If you think there's any conversation to the best pitcher in the game debate, please go look at the last 4 years or so Kershaw has had, it's a historic performance at this point.

I'm still salty my team traded Fister for Charlie Furbush and zilch like Casper Wells who's probably fighting for his life to make a team atm, lmfao. I think Kershaw's the best today, of course I do, but I was just throwing in a pitcher that people don't seem to really keep their eyes on because Kershaw shouldn't have the spotlight entirely to himsel lol.
Mar 2, 2015 2:31 AM
Feb 2014
Rate my Fantasy Baseball Team

C: Jonathan Lucroy
1B: Brandon Belt
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Jean Segura
OF: Yasiel Puig
OF: Kole Calhoun
OF: Marcell Ozuna
UTIL: Chris Carter

BN: Salvador Perez
BN: Lorenzo Cain
BN: JJ Hardy
BN: Dalton Pompey
BN: Michael Morse
BN: Jung-ho Kang

SP: Stephen Strasburg
SP: Hisashi Iwakuma
SP: Mat Latos
SP: Phil Hughes
SP: Matt Shoemaker
SP: James Paxton

RP: David Robertson
RP: Joaquin Benoit
RP: Aaron Sanchez
RP: Sergio Romo
AqutanMar 2, 2015 2:38 AM
Mar 2, 2015 2:43 AM

Sep 2011
I'll be rooting for Toronto Blue Jays like always... Just to see them do really well at the start of the season and then to fall off near the mid Season.
Mar 2, 2015 8:58 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:

C+, hard to predict though. Where did Hector Olivera go in your draft?
Mar 2, 2015 9:15 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

C+, hard to predict though. Where did Hector Olivera go in your draft?

I don't think he got drafted.
Mar 2, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2010
Keep an eye out for when he gets picked up IRL, I have a gut feeling he's going to perform very well.
Mar 2, 2015 9:46 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
Keep an eye out for when he gets picked up IRL, I have a gut feeling he's going to perform very well.

Where do you think he'll sign? Have no idea tbh.
Mar 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

Where do you think he'll sign? Have no idea tbh.

If I was placing bets i'd say LA, other than that idk.
Mar 4, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2012
Jung ho kang will be interesting to follow
He was hitting around .356 with 40 bombs in Korean league. Wonder what that will translate to in the MLB. He did hit a homer in his debut. Always fun to watch overseas Asian players come and play

Mar 4, 2015 3:07 PM

Nov 2010
Zeally said:
He was hitting around .356 with 40 bombs in Korean league. Wonder what that will translate to in the MLB. He did hit a homer in his debut. Always fun to watch overseas Asian players come and play

Pitching over there is really not very good, I remember reading an article somewhere that 38 year old CJ Nitkowski was a playoff teams ace, people say that the level of competition is lower than triple A. That said, if he sticks at SS and produces .260/20/80 he'd be one of the better SS's in the NL.
Mar 4, 2015 3:40 PM
Feb 2014
Zeally said:

He's going to rock it. Saw a Fangraphs article that said he's more MLB-ready than 90 of the Top 10 MLB prospects a few months ago. If he can get line drives in PNC and hit the long ball on the road, perennial All-Star in the works. OBP will be his best friend if he does. Maybe even better than what Choo has ever done. Drafted him for reasons.

Another Fangraphs article said he might be the only Korean hitting prospect that might be better than most pitchers save the ones that are consistent on a game-basis. KBO pitchers aren't really strong as they are save Ryu, so I'm banking on him to do what he can do assuming he'll be up against plenty of pitchers that aren't very good right here as those might be the same level of the top in the KBO.
AqutanMar 4, 2015 3:43 PM
Mar 4, 2015 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
Successfully bandwagoned, and enjoyed, the NFL last season. Time to give this a go.

Might as well pick the Oakland A's to go with my yellow and green colour scheme.
Mar 4, 2015 4:04 PM
Feb 2014
MuhRin said:
Successfully bandwagoned, and enjoyed, the NFL last season. Time to give this a go.

Might as well pick the Oakland A's to go with my yellow and green colour scheme.

Not a bad team to bandwagon although I hate the A's but not as much as the Angels ._.
Mar 7, 2015 10:21 AM
Feb 2014
Ouch, Yu Darvish may get Tommy John surgery...

Don't like Texas, I do like him. Would suck to see him out.
Mar 7, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
damn that sucks for Darvish

i thought he just tweaked his triceps. I'm scared for Tanaka too lol

Mar 7, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
TheRealNico said:

:(

As a Texas fan last year watching him pitch was like the only fun part about the season. His ridiculous array of swooping breaking balls is a lot more entertaining than your typical pitcher. Crap, I was ready for baseball season to finally come around too!
Mar 7, 2015 2:57 PM
Feb 2014
Any arm/elbow injury is something to worry about in your throwing arm if you're a pitcher. It's for the best if he gets it, he'll either be worse on the mound or having even worse injuries. I believe it's his innings count he got in the first two years in Texas that might have been hard on him.

Rangers rotation looks thin without him, they're going to need tons of offense this year if they want to be competitive.
Mar 7, 2015 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
Been a Braves fan since I was a kid. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a worse year than the last and can't see us breaking .500

I can accept rebuilding though, especially after last year. I still have trouble believing that a good team in 2013, brought back majority of it's players and somehow ended up as one of the worst offensive teams in 2014.
Mar 7, 2015 6:10 PM

Nov 2010
bigguy37 said:
TheRealNico said:

:(

As a Texas fan last year watching him pitch was like the only fun part about the season. His ridiculous array of swooping breaking balls is a lot more entertaining than your typical pitcher. Crap, I was ready for baseball season to finally come around too!

Well at least you'll get Joey Gallo to look forward to. I wouldn't be too worried, the success rate of TJ surgery of late has been through the roof. Matt Harvey was hitting 99 in his first Spring game coming off surgery.

Edit: And speaking of prospects with crazy raw power, i'm glad to see Aaron Judge getting a lot of love, he's a good dude and I hope the Giancarlo comparisons go further than just his size..
Mar 7, 2015 6:18 PM
Nov 2013
I'm excited to watch my Mets this year. They could possibly contend for a playoff appearance with the incredible rotation they have. I was hoping that they would make a little bit more noise in free agency though, in regards to a big bat. I don't think Michael Cuddyer is the answer.
Mar 7, 2015 7:49 PM

Nov 2010
BTAG said:
I'm excited to watch my Mets this year. They could possibly contend for a playoff appearance with the incredible rotation they have. I was hoping that they would make a little bit more noise in free agency though, in regards to a big bat. I don't think Michael Cuddyer is the answer.

The future looks pretty bright for them, they had a whopping 7 prospects on the BA top 100 list, good for 2nd place behind Boston's 8 prospects. I don't really understand the Cuddyer signing. He'll be 36 years old before this season starts, and IMO signing him to a big $ deal and forfeiting the 15th overall pick in the draft should be part of a "win now" strategy, which was certainly possible when they went in on him..but then they did nothing..and that offense was definitely more than 1 bat away from being good. Not to mention, the Nationals and Marlins are looking pretty good.
Mar 7, 2015 8:23 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:

Lucas Duda's a guy I really like on that team. I think he'll repeat his performance again. And yes, this team could sneak into the playoffs provided Washington/Miami aren't hogging the NL East.

Arizona's a decent surprise so far this spring...
Mar 29, 2015 3:39 AM

Jun 2008
Opening Day just a little over a week away!!!

And YES, I'm ready to shock the world.....the FISH will make the playoffs as a wild card seed.

Furthermore, I think Fernandez wins 16+ and Stanton gets 40+ HRS.

This is happening folks, the FISH are finally back!
Mar 29, 2015 3:41 AM

Feb 2015
I'm rooting for the fish this season, just like last season.
and also my idol Ichiro is there, and many new C:
Mar 30, 2015 4:10 PM
Feb 2014
Damn, I wanted Kris Bryant to make the jump to the majors. Luckily it'll be just like the coming of Bryce Harper when he does make his MLB debut, somewhat.
Mar 30, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
It's almost "KLUBERIN' TIME"!!
Apr 5, 2015 2:52 PM
Feb 2014
In less than 3 hours Opening Night will go under way, I guess it should be time for me to make my current predictions as to how I think the season will go out.

Regular Season Standings

AL East
1. Red Sox
2. Blue Jays
3. Orioles
4. Yankees
5. Rays

AL Central
1. Indians
2. Royals
3. Tigers
4. White Sox
5. Twins

AL West
1. Mariners
2. Angels
3. Athletics
4. Rangers
5. Astros

NL East
1. Nationals
2. Marlins
3. Mets
4. Braves
5. Phillies

NL Central
1. Pirates
2. Cardinals
3. Brewers
4. Cubs
5. Reds

NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Padres
3. Giants
4. Diamondbacks
5. Rockies

AL Wild Cards: Angels and Royals
NL Wild Cards: Cardinals and Marlins

Playoffs

ALWC: Angels over Royals
NLWC: Marlins over Cardinals

ALDS: Mariners over Angels, Indians over Red Sox
NLDS: Dodgers over Marlins, Pirates over Nationals

ALCS: Mariners over Indians
NLCS: Dodgers over Pirates

World Series: Dodgers over Mariners

Awards

MVP: Mike Trout (AL), Andrew McCutchen (NL)
Cy Young: Felix Hernandez (AL), Clayton Kershaw (NL)
Rookie of the Year: Aaron Sanchez (AL), Kris Bryant (NL)
Manager of the Year: Lloyd McClendon (AL), Mike Redmond (NL)
Comeback Player of the Year: Shin-Soo Choo (AL), Matt Harvey (NL)
HR Champ: Jose Abreu (AL), Giancarlo Stanton (NL)
Surprise Player: Mike Zunino (AL), Jung-Ho Kang (NL)
Disappointment Player: Stephen Souza (AL), Casey McGehee (NL)
Apr 5, 2015 4:40 PM
Feb 2014
The Padres just finished their all in mantra by getting Craig Kimbrel from the Braves. I still think the Dodgers are better and I'm in the minority when I think the Marlins are just a bit better than the Padres at the moment.
Apr 5, 2015 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
Chicago is buzzin right now for the Cubs vs Cardinals!

Btw your standings for the White Sox and Cubs seem a little low :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2015 4:46 PM
Feb 2014
SharifEbeefE said:
Chicago is buzzin right now for the Cubs vs Cardinals!

Btw your standings for the White Sox and Cubs seem a little low :)

Watching it right now. I want the Cubs to win tonight since the Cardinals are a stale team to me.

The Centrals are stacked to be honest. All of what I said is subjective :D
Apr 5, 2015 5:04 PM

Mar 2015
Yay new season :-)

Gonna root for the Cubbies tonight. If they win they probably have a winning record the first time since 1432 or so

I´m excited about my Nats this year! We should be able to make a deep run this time :-)
Apr 5, 2015 5:16 PM
Nov 2013
Lets go Cubs! I'm a Mets fan, but I always want to see the Cubs do well, since their fans have had such a hard time over the last century.
Apr 5, 2015 6:36 PM

Feb 2015
Where can I watch baseball on the internet? I mean live stream? Its hard not to live in States
Apr 5, 2015 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
Monstrum said:
Where can I watch baseball on the internet? I mean live stream? Its hard not to live in States

i'm using sports box eu

it has a lot of sketchy advertisements

just make sure you have some type of anti-virus / addon blocker

Apr 5, 2015 6:53 PM

Feb 2015
Zeally said:
Monstrum said:

i'm using sports box eu

it has a lot of sketchy advertisements

just make sure you have some type of anti-virus / addon blocker

Can you link it please? It could be at help.
Apr 5, 2015 7:00 PM

Apr 2012
http://www.vipbox.eu/

again i highly recommend you have some anti-virus / ad on blocker to navigate through the sketchy advertisements

Apr 5, 2015 7:10 PM

Feb 2015
I'm currently watching the game, but it gets laggy when the batter hits. I couldn't see.

Damn livestream.

Well atm Cardinals lead 3-0
Apr 5, 2015 7:11 PM

Apr 2012
Monstrum said:
I'm currently watching the game, but it gets laggy when the batter hits. I couldn't see.

Damn livestream.

Well atm Cardinals lead 3-0

yea it's a pretty boring game

the cubs are 0-11 with RISP ayyy

Apr 5, 2015 7:38 PM
Feb 2014
Ernie Banks's relatives with the worst 7th inning stretch humanly possible.

>shitcago cucks
>0-11 with RISP
>1908

Apr 6, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
Happy Opening Day everyone!
Apr 6, 2015 2:25 PM
Nov 2013
I'm so glad that I get to watch my Mets be completely incapable of getting a hit.......

Another year of great pitching, and atrocious batting is upon us.

EDIT: Thank you for your terrible fielding, Nationals
BTAGApr 6, 2015 3:01 PM
Apr 6, 2015 6:00 PM
Feb 2014
Long Live The King!!! #VivaFelix #KluberWho #MyOhMy #RefuseToLose #InLloydMacWeTrust #LetsGoM's
Apr 6, 2015 9:24 PM
Feb 2014
Sonny Gray 2 innings away from an Opening Day no-no.

Edit: 7 hitless innings after a leadoff single to start the 8th.
AqutanApr 6, 2015 9:32 PM
Apr 6, 2015 9:32 PM

Aug 2014
Shitposta said:
Sonny Gray 2 innings away from an Opening Day no-no.

Edit: 7 hitless innings after a leadoff single to start the 8th.

Hell yeah! Nobody's no hitting us today! ...small victories?
Apr 7, 2015 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
"2015 MLB Season!!! (Felix was fucking robbed off the 2014 Cy, Kluber Who?)"

Fuck that title. I've just realized that Shitposta/Nico started this thread. We're going to be in for a loooooooooooong season...
Apr 7, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2008
I'm sorry but I GOTTA Chime in on this...

^The KC Royals got their rings yesterday.....their AMERICAN LEAGUE Championship rings....

Yes, I know this isn't anything new, that AL and NL teams do this but.....WHY?!?!

You FUCKING LOST THE WORLD SERIES!

YOU LOST!!!!!

I'm sorry but this is like fucking little league mentality where everyone gets a fucking trophy.

There should only be ONE team getting a ring!!

The Miami Heat did NOT get a ring for winning the 2014 Eastern Conference....because who the fuck wants a ring for that?!?!

And that is a DAMN NICE RING!

But you shouldn't be rewarded for LOSING the Championship!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.