MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime Singer HIMEKA Apologizes For Her Runaway from a Live Stage
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Anime Singer HIMEKA Apologizes For Her Runaway from a Live Stage

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
11-28-09, 10:44 AM

It's even harder for her, as she is foreign.

I still support her~ Her covers in the NHK anisong specials was awesome.

SOUSEI NO AQUARION \o/

11-28-09, 11:44 AM

She's still my favorite French Canadian j-artist.

11-28-09, 12:55 PM

maybe it was stage fright

11-28-09, 1:08 PM

Aww, that's gotta be tough. I hope she can overcome it and do better next time. Good luck HIMEKA!!

11-28-09, 1:42 PM

She's very talented and shows promise, since she's new it shouldn't be looked at as too big of a deal. Running off may be odd but it's understandable if she was nervous and/or embarrassed. Like others said, everybody makes mistakes and it's better to make them early on so you can learn from them and apply what you learned to the future.

I really like Himeka already and I've only listened to a couple of songs and covers of hers. Like I said, she's very talented. I wish her the best of luck in the future. ^^

11-28-09, 1:57 PM

For the very few people who don't accept her apology: Ayumi Hamasaki has forgotten her lyrics more than once and adlibs, and apologices right then. Hyde from L'Arc~en~Ciel must have a mental block on remembering the lyrics of Blurry Eyes cause various times forgets parts and just shrugs it off. On the Animelo concert of 2007, Nana Mizuki and Arika Takarano (Ali Project's singer) sang a duet of Nana's Eternal Blaze, Takarano got her lyrics wrong several times (it really pissed me off) and said nothing about it, maybe she didn't realize or whatever.
The thing is even experienced pros make mistakes once in a while, why not forgive HIMEKA?

11-28-09, 2:00 PM

metfan149 said:
Nana Mizuki and Arika Takarano (Ali Project's singer) sang a duet of Nana's Eternal Blaze, Takarano got her lyrics wrong several times (it really pissed me off) and said nothing about it, maybe she didn't realize or whatever.

That was actually very hilarious. Nana Mizuki was teasing Arika a lot....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

11-28-09, 2:55 PM

It's really good to see most of the MALians are being more accepting than the people on the other forum where I was reading about this.

As metfan149 suggested, it really isn't that big of a deal. We all make mistakes. Now let's move past them.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3

11-28-09, 2:59 PM

Meh. It's okay, Himeka. Everyone makes mistakes, although usually not as noticeable as this. You'll learn from it and move on, yeah? ♥

11-28-09, 3:16 PM

WuT RUNNING AWAY DURING THE CONCERT LOL COWAR...

jksjks

Nah, it's all good. I've seen worse. For example, suddenly start fighting with director during the concert.

Yeah, I was there... and it was even more entertaining than the entire show.

Concert mistake is trivial thing. It can always happen. So, she needs no apology; it is totally acceptable.

11-28-09, 3:19 PM

Oooh how embarrassing but it happens. Frankly I do find it refreshing she wasn't just lipsyncing and well I don't know how many performances before live audiences she's given. Add all that to the fact Japanese isn't her first language yeah I think I would forget my lyrics.

I'm a writer and half the time I can't remember every word I ever wrote in a big story, so no surprise even singers would have this trouble from time to time.

11-28-09, 4:26 PM

We're all humans and we aren't prefect, so she said that she'll do the best next time.

It's hard sing in foreign language! But she at least take that challenge ^_^

11-28-09, 5:02 PM

Hahaaa!! that really must be puzzling lol ... Well I think I'd probably do the same thing if I was in her shoes ... Anyway I really want to see the video >.<

11-28-09, 5:09 PM

Wow. Some people here need to seriously stfu. She made a mistake, okay? As far as I know, she's the only singer in Japan who doesn't have a trace of Japanese blood. She's Canadian (as am I) and made her dream come true by becoming a Japanese Singing artist.

It's the spur of the moment. She probably didn't know what else to do and got so nervous that she had to run from it. I doubt anyone on stage would simply say "I'm sorry. I forgot the lyrics just now." Don't you think that would be a tad more embarrassing than just running?

She's forgiven if anything, and hopefully forgiven by the Japanese public. It's a lot of stress when you're someone who sings Japanese in Japan when you're not of that race. She's accomplished something superb that I doubt just anyone can do.

Everyone forgets things. It's normal. At least she said sorry and plans on working even harder in the future.

11-28-09, 5:33 PM

i hope that thing won't happen again to her

11-28-09, 6:21 PM

Aeiou said:
Want video.

Yes.

Well it happened to a local singer here too as well, and that's during an award show lol.

11-28-09, 7:00 PM

Mio not there to help

11-28-09, 9:06 PM

Haha that's exactly what came to my mind

11-28-09, 9:46 PM

Well, it's definitely a learning curve for HIMEKA. No doubt Japanese isn't her first language and to make matters worse, she probably was nervous about performing live. But something like forgetting lyrics could and have happened to seasoned singers/performers. So it's nothing new and she should bounce back from this experience.

11-28-09, 9:47 PM

This sort of thing happens.. Valkyria Chronicles, its still in my on-hold list. I am sure her fans aren't angry or anything. Actually, her fans would probably feel more worried. After all, Himeka-san had most likely spent a lot of time preparing for the live performance, not mentioning that her producers must had been really angry as that they probably put lots of money into it. She probably got a very long lecture of some sort afterwards, poor lady..

If I am a fan of HIMEKA, I would support her. This sounds somewhat like one of those White Album episodes.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices