Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Singer HIMEKA Apologizes For Her Runaway from a Live Stage

New
Nov 28, 2009 5:37 AM

Feb 2008
In the official blog, anime song singer HIMEKA apologized to the fans and the staff for her behavior at ANIMAX live concert held on November 22nd in Osaka. While she was singing "Asu eno Kizuna" (the OP song of Valkyria Chronicles), she forgot the lyrics and quit the stage in the middle of the show. She promised that she won't run away from the stage anymore.

Source: HIMEKA's official blog
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2009 5:39 AM

Nov 2008
It could happen to anyone, so, forgiven?
And probably because she's still new to the business and not even native,
they (the fans) won't be too hard on her.
desolatoNov 28, 2009 7:58 AM
Nov 28, 2009 5:39 AM

Feb 2008
cf.
As far as I googled around, the reactions of Japanese fans to HIMEKA are generally tolerant and supportive.
Nov 28, 2009 5:50 AM

Mar 2007
Ah, must have been an embarrassing situation.
I would run away, too.
Nov 28, 2009 5:54 AM

Jan 2008
Sorry, it was my fault. I flashed her to get a reaction. I didnt realise she would run away and ruin everyone's night.

Sorry guys. :(
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Nov 28, 2009 5:54 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yes, it could happen onstage. A blunder is a blunder, but everyone makes mistakes.

Sometimes, too much pressure can cause bad things. Next time, I hope she can simply laugh away and restart the song one more time.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 28, 2009 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
Not, it should not be tolerated.

A stage is not a place for cowards. Make a mistake, solve it.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 28, 2009 6:13 AM

Sep 2008
Well, at least she wasn't lip-synching...
Nov 28, 2009 6:32 AM

Jul 2008
Want video.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Nov 28, 2009 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
Aeiou said:
Want video.

yeah..me too..
btw, a singer forgot her lyrics?
just quit then for god sake!!!

Nov 28, 2009 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
She forgot her own lyrics...? Whoa, that's kind of... not heard of. At least, she apologized and hopefully she'll do better.
Nov 28, 2009 7:32 AM

Aug 2008
SNSD said:
She forgot her own lyrics...? Whoa, that's kind of... not heard of. At least, she apologized and hopefully she'll do better.

She could have probably been nervous. Anyways, singers do tend to make mistakes so it's no big deal.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Nov 28, 2009 8:06 AM

May 2009
This is what happens when you get a Gaijin in to do a Japanese job!
Nov 28, 2009 8:08 AM

Oct 2009
Come on it's not that unheard.No one born as pro..

Nov 28, 2009 8:18 AM
Jun 2009
it's understandable.. :) and.. i like her voice... i never knew that she is a non-asian singer..
Nov 28, 2009 8:22 AM
Nov 28, 2009 9:30 AM
Jan 2008
shes only human, give her a break.....and who cares if she is asian or not? its still the same music....people these days are far too judgmental
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Nov 28, 2009 10:01 AM

Jul 2008
Aww, poor girl. I would of ran away from stage too if that happened to me. Didn't the same thing happen to Ayumi Hamasaki? Except I think she didn't run off the stage.
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Nov 28, 2009 10:11 AM

Apr 2008
It's not that weird a singer forgetting lyrics.. It happens, we're all humans.
I just think running away wasn't a good idea.. Hum the song and make the audience sing, say you forgot, apologize and ask to start over.. It's better than running off.
Nov 28, 2009 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
Lumi-chan said:
It's not that weird a singer forgetting lyrics.. It happens, we're all humans.
I just think running away wasn't a good idea.. Hum the song and make the audience sing, say you forgot, apologize and ask to start over.. It's better than running off.

Yeah, it think this is the most rational thing to do. She must have been really nervous or embarrassed. Poor her.
Nov 28, 2009 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
It's even harder for her, as she is foreign.

I still support her~ Her covers in the NHK anisong specials was awesome.

SOUSEI NO AQUARION \o/
Nov 28, 2009 11:44 AM

Aug 2008
She's still my favorite French Canadian j-artist.
Nov 28, 2009 12:55 PM
Dec 2008
maybe it was stage fright
Nov 28, 2009 1:08 PM

Nov 2006
Aww, that's gotta be tough. I hope she can overcome it and do better next time. Good luck HIMEKA!!
Nov 28, 2009 1:42 PM

Dec 2008
She's very talented and shows promise, since she's new it shouldn't be looked at as too big of a deal. Running off may be odd but it's understandable if she was nervous and/or embarrassed. Like others said, everybody makes mistakes and it's better to make them early on so you can learn from them and apply what you learned to the future.

I really like Himeka already and I've only listened to a couple of songs and covers of hers. Like I said, she's very talented. I wish her the best of luck in the future. ^^
Nov 28, 2009 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
For the very few people who don't accept her apology: Ayumi Hamasaki has forgotten her lyrics more than once and adlibs, and apologices right then. Hyde from L'Arc~en~Ciel must have a mental block on remembering the lyrics of Blurry Eyes cause various times forgets parts and just shrugs it off. On the Animelo concert of 2007, Nana Mizuki and Arika Takarano (Ali Project's singer) sang a duet of Nana's Eternal Blaze, Takarano got her lyrics wrong several times (it really pissed me off) and said nothing about it, maybe she didn't realize or whatever.
The thing is even experienced pros make mistakes once in a while, why not forgive HIMEKA?
Nov 28, 2009 2:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
metfan149 said:
Nana Mizuki and Arika Takarano (Ali Project's singer) sang a duet of Nana's Eternal Blaze, Takarano got her lyrics wrong several times (it really pissed me off) and said nothing about it, maybe she didn't realize or whatever.

That was actually very hilarious. Nana Mizuki was teasing Arika a lot....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 28, 2009 2:55 PM

Jul 2007
It's really good to see most of the MALians are being more accepting than the people on the other forum where I was reading about this.

As metfan149 suggested, it really isn't that big of a deal. We all make mistakes. Now let's move past them.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Nov 28, 2009 2:59 PM
Aug 2007
Meh. It's okay, Himeka. Everyone makes mistakes, although usually not as noticeable as this. You'll learn from it and move on, yeah? ♥
Nov 28, 2009 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
WuT RUNNING AWAY DURING THE CONCERT LOL COWAR...

jksjks

Nah, it's all good. I've seen worse. For example, suddenly start fighting with director during the concert.

Yeah, I was there... and it was even more entertaining than the entire show.

Concert mistake is trivial thing. It can always happen. So, she needs no apology; it is totally acceptable.
Nov 28, 2009 3:19 PM

Mar 2008
Oooh how embarrassing but it happens. Frankly I do find it refreshing she wasn't just lipsyncing and well I don't know how many performances before live audiences she's given. Add all that to the fact Japanese isn't her first language yeah I think I would forget my lyrics.

I'm a writer and half the time I can't remember every word I ever wrote in a big story, so no surprise even singers would have this trouble from time to time.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Nov 28, 2009 4:26 PM

May 2008
We're all humans and we aren't prefect, so she said that she'll do the best next time.

It's hard sing in foreign language! But she at least take that challenge ^_^
Nov 28, 2009 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Hahaaa!! that really must be puzzling lol ... Well I think I'd probably do the same thing if I was in her shoes ... Anyway I really want to see the video >.<
Nov 28, 2009 5:09 PM

May 2008
Wow. Some people here need to seriously stfu. She made a mistake, okay? As far as I know, she's the only singer in Japan who doesn't have a trace of Japanese blood. She's Canadian (as am I) and made her dream come true by becoming a Japanese Singing artist.

It's the spur of the moment. She probably didn't know what else to do and got so nervous that she had to run from it. I doubt anyone on stage would simply say "I'm sorry. I forgot the lyrics just now." Don't you think that would be a tad more embarrassing than just running?

She's forgiven if anything, and hopefully forgiven by the Japanese public. It's a lot of stress when you're someone who sings Japanese in Japan when you're not of that race. She's accomplished something superb that I doubt just anyone can do.

Everyone forgets things. It's normal. At least she said sorry and plans on working even harder in the future.

Nov 28, 2009 5:33 PM

Mar 2009
i hope that thing won't happen again to her
Nov 28, 2009 6:21 PM

Mar 2005
Aeiou said:
Want video.

Yes.

Well it happened to a local singer here too as well, and that's during an award show lol.
Nov 28, 2009 7:00 PM

Nov 2007
Mio not there to help
Nov 28, 2009 9:06 PM

Aug 2007
Haha that's exactly what came to my mind
Nov 28, 2009 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
Well, it's definitely a learning curve for HIMEKA. No doubt Japanese isn't her first language and to make matters worse, she probably was nervous about performing live. But something like forgetting lyrics could and have happened to seasoned singers/performers. So it's nothing new and she should bounce back from this experience.
Nov 28, 2009 9:47 PM

Oct 2008
This sort of thing happens.. Valkyria Chronicles, its still in my on-hold list. I am sure her fans aren't angry or anything. Actually, her fans would probably feel more worried. After all, Himeka-san had most likely spent a lot of time preparing for the live performance, not mentioning that her producers must had been really angry as that they probably put lots of money into it. She probably got a very long lecture of some sort afterwards, poor lady..

If I am a fan of HIMEKA, I would support her. This sounds somewhat like one of those White Album episodes.
Nov 28, 2009 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
lol...
forgetting the lyrics is no problem...
we arent perfect, and for singers to forget lyrics is not a surprise though..
i'm not japanese, and a famous from our country sang our national anthem and forgot the lyrics(mark it! everyone should know your own national anthem like the back of your palm)...

dont be to hard on her...
we never know, her situation might happen to you....
though maybe in an another way...
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Nov 28, 2009 11:22 PM
Sep 2009
Well, can't be helped, she ain't native to japan.
Nov 29, 2009 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
Most people seem to be missing the point here. The problem isn't that she forgot the lyrics. It's pretty much normal and could happen to anyone. The problem is that she ran away from the stage after that, which is definitely disrespectful to the fans that came to see her. Good for her that most of the fans turned to be quite tolerant.
Nov 29, 2009 1:40 AM

May 2008
Poor Himeka! I think she wasn't in the mood also performing live must have been really frustrating. I understand her for running away, I would also do the same after all, I'm not the type of bearing the stress well. Just keep do your best and everything will be fine. You still have my respect.
sayamiNov 29, 2009 1:52 AM
Nov 29, 2009 7:12 AM

Dec 2007
I really do not understand the tolerance here. It obviously comes from people that look at the sage from the front. From the back running away it's the easiest thing to do when you make a mistake. I hope this really shames her forever. She does not deserve any compassion.

She is a professional, a childish attitude like this should not be tolerated. Even for us, amateurs, it's not, so why should it be for her? "Oh, she ran away poor thing" is something that does not fit my mind. Everyone makes mistakes? Indeed, and people much better than her. But this is what distinguishes good artists from average artists: good artists have the courage to face their mistakes.

She may have fullfilled her dream, but she's not good enough to keep going. She's just one more weekly superstar. People like this fade away in an instant.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 29, 2009 7:39 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
ladyxzeus said:
I really do not understand the tolerance here. It obviously comes from people that look at the sage from the front. From the back running away it's the easiest thing to do when you make a mistake. I hope this really shames her forever. She does not deserve any compassion.

It's clearly shameful enough for her to remember it forever. To me at least, running away is the hardest thing to do. But that's because I'm used to speak and present in public after years of experience doing so. You have to factor in the pressure and stress level.

ladyxzeus said:
She is a professional, a childish attitude like this should not be tolerated. Even for us, amateurs, it's not, so why should it be for her? "Oh, she ran away poor thing" is something that does not fit my mind. Everyone makes mistakes? Indeed, and people much better than her. But this is what distinguishes good artists from average artists: good artists have the courage to face their mistakes.

We all agree that it was a bad mistake to run away. The best option was to apologize right away and restart. I'm sure she regrets not doing that.

ladyxzeus said:
She may have fullfilled her dream, but she's not good enough to keep going. She's just one more weekly superstar. People like this fade away in an instant.

Well, we will have to wait and see how this affects her career. Some of us are disappointed, but unlike you, we give second chances.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Nov 29, 2009 9:09 AM

May 2008
ladyxzeus said:

Well, you must be perfect to say things like this.
Nov 29, 2009 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
1.) Yay Canada!

2.) First time's a charm, nervous, understandable, feel better the next time. (concerts...*shudders*)

3.) She's an otaku turned singer/J-pop artist...?
Nov 29, 2009 11:10 AM
Oct 2009
Beatnik said:
Sorry, it was my fault. I flashed her to get a reaction. I didnt realise she would run away and ruin everyone's night.

Sorry guys. :(

What the hell? O_o

xD
Nov 29, 2009 3:38 PM

Apr 2008
I remembered that a singer messed up with our national anthem during Manny Pacquiao's boxing match XD

So I guess that's just forgivable.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.