Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 30, 2015 3:57 PM

Apr 2013
KawaiiWeeabz said:
Pxi2 said:

The problem with Islamic extremists is that they follow the Koran.

Can't they just adapt to modern society ? :(

Yeah, it's about time they get a New Testament like the Christians did.
Jan 30, 2015 4:34 PM

Oct 2012
Battlechili1 said:
This is not because of practitioners of Islam. Pls stop assuming violent Islamic people = Islam

Just because not all practitioners of Islam are violent doesn't mean that those who are violent aren't practitioners of Islam. It just means some people are a bit more sensitive than others.
Sadly, they'll exist as long as religion does.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jan 30, 2015 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
Europe is going to reach a boiling point soon. All it needs is an inciting incident.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 30, 2015 6:37 PM

May 2013
Sloth_ said:

Yeah, it's about time they get a New Testament like the Christians did.

The New testament still has alot of messed up stuff in it. I'd rather see an enlightenment.
Jan 30, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
The responses to my post are precisely why I must post that in every thread.
Jan 30, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2014
Blackout0219 said:
Abul-Blasphemy said:

I know. It's getting old now. How many times do we have to reiterate that stop blaming Islam for anyone's shit? people should understand it by now. If they can't, it's their fault. I don't feel the need to repeat myself over and over again.

It's Islam's fault if someone commits a crime and blames the Quran and Allah. I don't have a problem with Muslims if they are peaceful, but these attacks on freedom of speech say otherwise. I can't burn a Quran that I'll go to jail, but if I burn a bible it's fine

In case of Islam, things are the direct opposite. It's the Muslims who are doing things based on their own consent. Islam doesn't tell them to do that. It's kinda like, Muslims are bullying Islam. Geddit?
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 31, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Yzeelb said:
Karin-Covenant said:

koran or quran didn't force us to do this or this so don't bring the holy quran in all of this shit , the new generation is ruining the islam

Well than the old generation should do something to fix it and not leave this to people who don't want to be bothered by these things.

Getting offended by putting shoes on piece of carpet... A lot of people in Europe I know have these prayer mats they brought back from some Arabic country as souvenir lying in the hallway and walk on them on a daily basis... Maybe the police should intervene and control homes to prevent this!

if you watch news , you will see that every country is fighting them specially in libya (they are islamic people who are overreacting on everything) for me i think they should stop all of this because it's not gonna work anyway they are people like me who are normal believe in god , beilieve in mohammed and pray 5 times in the day so wat big deal i don't kill and all of that , so i Just don't like it when people thinks that this IS islam , while it's NOT
Jan 31, 2015 2:11 AM

May 2013
Karin-Covenant said:
beilieve in mohammed and pray 5 times in the day so wat big deal i don't kill and all of that , so i Just don't like it when people thinks that this IS islam , while it's NOT

Well to be fair...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests
Jan 31, 2015 2:14 AM

Aug 2014
Pxi2 said:
Karin-Covenant said:
beilieve in mohammed and pray 5 times in the day so wat big deal i don't kill and all of that , so i Just don't like it when people thinks that this IS islam , while it's NOT

Well to be fair...

That doesn't mean much, though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence
Jan 31, 2015 2:19 AM

Aug 2007
Battlechili1 said:
The responses to my post are precisely why I must post that in every thread.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1349300&show=0#msg37889663
Jan 31, 2015 3:21 AM

Mar 2014
Pxi2 said:

Well to be fair...

what is this?
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 31, 2015 3:46 AM

Jul 2014
Pxi2 said:
Karin-Covenant said:

Well to be fair...

i don't understand your point here
Jan 31, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2008
Battlechili1 said:
This is not because of practitioners of Islam. Pls stop assuming violent Islamic people = Islam
When was the last time someone shot up a magazine publication or school for educating girls without screaming "allahu akbar!"? There is not a single religion in the world that thrives more off intimidation and oppression as Islam. Look no further than how the vast majority of modern Muslims believe apostates should be punished, a crime in their eyes that deserves nothing less than death. Or that stoning is an appropriate punishment for a female adulterer.

Islam is not a religion of peace, anyone who says otherwise is either a coward and afraid of speaking the truth or a liar trying to hide that very truth of the violent nature of the religion.

I for one do not subscribe to any religion, but the picture is as clear as crystal that Islam is the most repressive religion in the world today and nothing pisses me off more than seeing these apologists say "these people do not represent Islam" every day when a new shooting or bombing happens while the perpetrator triumphantly shouts "allahu akbar".
Jan 31, 2015 3:52 AM

Mar 2014
Defiance said:
Battlechili1 said:
When was the last time someone shot up a magazine publication or school for educating girls without screaming "allahu akbar!"? There is not a single religion in the world that thrives more off intimidation and oppression as Islam. Look no further than how the vast majority of modern Muslims believe apostates should be punished, a crime in their eyes that deserves nothing less than death. Or that stoning is an appropriate punishment for a female adulterer.

Islam is not a religion of peace, anyone who says otherwise is either a coward and afraid of speaking the truth or a liar trying to hide that very truth of the violent nature of the religion.

I for one do not subscribe to any religion, but the picture is as clear as crystal that Islam is the most repressive religion in the world today and nothing pisses me off more than seeing these apologists say "these people do not represent Islam" every day when a new shooting or bombing happens while the perpetrator triumphantly shouts "allahu akbar".

Yeah I totally blew up all the girls in my class.

Stay salty.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 31, 2015 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
Defiance said:
Battlechili1 said:

well there are people who are (OVVERREACTING) sensitive in many ways about islam and all but they are poepl who aren't so please don't mix normal civilans who are muslim with people who are ruining islam
Jan 31, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2008
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Defiance said:

Stay salty.
The fact that you are Pakistani(at least your profile says so) makes this sound even more ignorant. Especially considering only a month ago over 130 children were shot down like dogs by the Taliban in Peshawar.
Jan 31, 2015 4:32 AM

Jun 2011
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Pxi2 said:

Well to be fair...

what is this?

Karin-Covenant said:
Pxi2 said:

Well to be fair...

That's what the Greedy ppl are scared from.. "Islam spread by sword"..
The sword argument against Islam is a fallacy, and had no logic to support it.
the True Caliphate (not ISIS's):
- It started with Muhammad (peace be upon him) -> Uniting the arabs in Arabia under Islam
- Rashidun Caliphate -> Uniting Middle east under Islam
- Umayyad Caliphate -> Uniting 4 regions (Middle east, North africa, Mid asia, Europe (Spain)) under Islam
Umayyads established the foundation. after that, muslims started to fight among themselves because of the Greedy ones & kept on breaking up into small cakes like we see it today on the maps (drawn by the Greedy ppl).
funny thing, they're trying as hard as they can to prevent the Caliphate but they are failing miserably, the longer they take the sooner it will become a thing again.

Compare Islamic Caliphate to Mongols Empire - the first one established faith, knowledge, culture & a way of life & the second one established Nothing.
Fighting Islam is like fighting in a chain of continuous losing battles :p

it's a matter of time..
Jan 31, 2015 4:45 AM

Jan 2015
All we need is this man to "remove" our problems

SRBJA STRONK!!!!!
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jan 31, 2015 5:04 AM

Apr 2014
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Defiance said:

Stay salty.
Genio always eating dat pussy.

#GoodGuyGenio
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jan 31, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
OnePieceQ8 said:

Compare Islamic Caliphate to Mongols Empire - the first one established faith, knowledge, culture & a way of life & the second one established Nothing.

False.
Jan 31, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2008
OnePieceQ8 said:
Fighting Islam is like fighting in a chain of continuous losing battles :p

it's a matter of time..
You realize that the US has a GDP over 17 trillion, right? That's roughly 6 or 7 times greater than the entirety of the Middle East lol. I'm not a huge fan of the the current American economic/government system but for you to just selectively talk about how greedy the West is by merely mentioning external debt in dollar amount just shows your lack of economic knowledge and religious idiocy.
Jan 31, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2008
rmadillah said:
Please don't discuss about religion in anime forum ^^
Just ruined my mood :)
If you don't like it, don't read it and move along. You add nothing to the discussion with your shit post complaining about what kind of mood you are in.
Jan 31, 2015 5:38 AM

Mar 2014
Defiance said:
The fact that you are Pakistani(at least your profile says so) makes this sound even more ignorant. Especially considering only a month ago over 130 children were shot down like dogs by the Taliban in Peshawar.

And? are you really trying to say that Taliban are actually 'more Muslim' than say, me or those 130 children that died? or what exactly is your point here?

Look, I know I cannot defend Islam. Not under these circumstances where these 'Muzlems" have done so many so things so horribly wrong that I can't even begin to teach my own 'bratherz' what is Islam and what is not. So at this point, I'm only going to defend my own faith. What I believe is sacred to me.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 31, 2015 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
Masked_Mantis said:

#GoodGuyGenio

are you trying to take advantage of my 'virgin' status?
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 31, 2015 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Masked_Mantis said:

#GoodGuyGenio

Just shedding some needed humour on terrorism. I've always found you more open minded than most Muslims, so it's always good to see you in the forums.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jan 31, 2015 5:53 AM

Mar 2014
Masked_Mantis said:
Abul-Blasphemy said:

Just shedding some needed humour on terrorism. I've always found you more open minded than most Muslims, so it's always good to see you in the forums.

I'm always in the forums.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 31, 2015 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
We just have to accept that the Islam has different morals, which is normal because every religion has different morals.
Jan 31, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:
Pxi2 said:

Well to be fair...

- It started with Muhammad (peace be upon him) -> Uniting the arabs in Arabia under Islam
- Umayyad Caliphate -> Uniting 4 regions (Middle east, North africa, Mid asia, Europe (Spain)) under Islam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_al-Q%C4%81disiyyah

Lots of battles.
Jan 31, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Defiance said:
Battlechili1 said:
When was the last time someone shot up a magazine publication or school for educating girls without screaming "allahu akbar!"?

From what I know the last time a guy didn't scream "allahu akbar!" while shooting people in a cinema, he wasn't diagnosed with a mental illness, not atheism or Christianity.

There is not a single religion in the world that thrives more off intimidation and oppression as Islam.

Here's a hadith : “Beware of the supplication of the oppressed, for there is no barrier between it and Allaah.”
Look no further than how the vast majority of modern Muslims believe apostates should be punished, a crime in their eyes that deserves nothing less than death. Or that stoning is an appropriate punishment for a female adulterer.

You might as well inform me about the conditions that make this punishment virtually impossible. Or Can I safely assume that you didn't hear about them ...

Islam is a religion of peace, anyone who says otherwise is either dumb and afraid of seeking the truth or a liar trying to hate on the very truth of the peaceful nature of the religion.

Sorry to piss you off but they do not represent Islam. A good muslim is a knowledgeable person. And you, while embodying the islamophobic ignorant CNN-fed douchebag, are probably not better than those terrorists in the middle east, as chances are high that you'd have been one of them were you to be born there.
HazankaJan 31, 2015 12:46 PM
Jan 31, 2015 1:07 PM

Mar 2010
Why can't islam stop its own shit from making them look bad? If they can't stop the extremist then it shows how much they care.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 31, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
Rasco said:
Why can't islam stop its own shit from making them look bad? If they can't stop the extremist then it shows how much they care.

Christianity has its fair share of extremists. In fact, every religion has extremists. It's a natural phenomenon and you don't really have the power to change it.
your waifu is shit
Jan 31, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
Hazanka said:
Sorry to piss you off but they do not represent Islam. A good muslim is a knowledgeable person.

To be honest, even moderate Muslims have some Issues with how Things are in the Western World.
But the main Problem is, that there are a lot of Extremists tainting the Religion and thus, Western People tend to give in even to harmless, moderate Muslims as to not escalate the Situation, instead of forcing them to adapt their Values to the ones they're living in. Else, we wouldn't hear about anyone removing an Artwork with Pairs of Shoes on Prayer's Mats or a Soap Product with a Museum depicted on its Package.
Jan 31, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2010
SzJ said:
Rasco said:

Christianity has its fair share of extremists. In fact, every religion has extremists. It's a natural phenomenon and you don't really have the power to change it.
I think the consequences for apostasy in islam should be extracted. This is one of the things that makes Islam look ridiculous, even normal "knowledgeable" Muslims can't deny this crap. I can't take this particular religion seriously.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 31, 2015 2:06 PM
Feb 2014
Well done to them.
Jan 31, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
Anyone want to try defend the recent ISIS beheading? It was a Japanese man, no less.
Feb 1, 2015 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
Rasco said:

Sorry not to have the balls to found an army and wage war on people making my religion look bad.

Rasco said:
I think the consequences for apostasy in islam should be extracted. This is one of the things that makes Islam look ridiculous, even normal "knowledgeable" Muslims can't deny this crap. I can't take this particular religion seriously.

Well I think there's a fair share of "knowledgeable" Muslims who doesn't quite agree

Feb 1, 2015 1:59 AM

Jun 2011
Pxi2 said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

- Umayyad Caliphate -> Uniting 4 regions (Middle east, North africa, Mid asia, Europe (Spain)) under Islam.

Lots of battles.

Nice of you that you choose that specific battle out of all the others.
Muslims didn't invade the Sassanid Empire for blood or destruction.. they went for the Arabs who were under the Sassanids first.. then the Arabs under the Byzantines.. when the two Empires fought, Muslims fought back.. the more the Empires fought the more they lost.. the Sassanid didn't stop until it's collapse.. the Byzantines (Roman) they stopped after being weakend.. & Collapsed after that.
you can look at the route that Khalid ibn Alwalid (RA) went through in your link. plus, this map:

More info here:
Feb 1, 2015 3:01 AM

May 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:

Lots of battles.
Muslims didn't invade the Sassanid Empire for blood or destruction.. they went for the Arabs who were under the Sassanids first.. then the Arabs under the Byzantines.. when the two Empires fought, Muslims fought back.. the more the Empires fought the more they lost.. the Sassanid didn't stop until it's collapse.. the Byzantines (Roman) they stopped after being weakend.. & Collapsed after that.

Just an example to point out that battles did in fact happen. So how did the Caliphate end invading Hispania and southern Gaul/France?

For most of these invasions the Caliphate usually struck first.

Obviously the religion didn't just spread by the sword (Jizya, trade deals, etc) but ignoring the use of violence in how it spread is silly.
Feb 1, 2015 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
Pxi2 said:
OnePieceQ8 said:

Lots of battles.

Just an example to point out that battles did in fact happen. So how did the Caliphate end invading Hispania and southern Gaul/France?

For most of these invasions the Caliphate usually struck first.

Obviously the religion didn't just spread by the sword (Jizya, trade deals, etc) but ignoring the use of violence in how it spread is silly.

The battles did happen that's a fact.. but look at the reasons [defending or invited] & motives [spreading Islam without forcing anyone, ruling with justice & uniting under sharia (Islam)]..
Again, Caliphate didn't invade Spain for blood or destruction..
Umayyads were invited to Spain, they went there to establish justice for the ppl & the made it in a short time, lol!
Umayyads turned Spain into heaven in Europe (at that time).. & they never went to France, only conquered what was under the Visgoth. [check about "Visgoth kingdom"]
it was "One culture with three religions" in one land, living equally.. can you imagine it nowadays?!.. that's enough for me:

now, why Caliphate didn't conquer Spain again? because they slacked out, got kicked out & they're not welcome/invited anymore.. that's it.

list of the Deadliest wars in history: Here, why didn't the Caliphate make it there if the muslims were really violance & spread Islam by sword & cutting heads? if that fallacy was true, you'll see Caliphate up there with WWs & Mongols.. after all, Caliphate conquered one of the biggest lands in human history.. in battles, Caliphate followed these rules to the teeth

Also, Jizya isn't as bad as Taxes on everything.. it's very minimum & the main goal for it to establish a protection contract between the Caliphate & the non-muslim ppl of the lands..
Muslims too, have to pay Zakah which is a much heavier Taxes than the Jizya if you look at it as a matter..

Islam spread because it's the truth & the ppl who carried it, carried it with justice & care, no other reasons to it..
it doesn't matter how much greedy ppl/media mock it, hate it, insult it.. it only kept on spreading more & more..
Satou0KunFeb 1, 2015 4:49 AM
Feb 1, 2015 8:06 AM

Feb 2012
Ppl just caring about their religion, nothing wrong there.

Salute to the artist who pulled back his work, wanting no more trouble.
Feb 1, 2015 8:28 AM
Oct 2011
Karin-Covenant said:
Pxi2 said:

Well to be fair...

Point is that violence is part of Islam, "modern" muslims are getting rid of that part, in addition to other parts and rules, because it doesn't fit with modern society, even though it's written in Islam that you shouldn't change the context of Islam (but sheikhs and normal muslims are trying to find routes to avoid some of the extreme islam things, e.g. fornication rules or killing the nonmuslims..etc), and extremists and ignorant people (and there are a lot of those in Muslim countries) are still following it. In the new definition of Islam you have in mind violence is a nono, but if you read the Quran carefully you'd see a lot of violence in it.

Of course this "modern" islam is a good thing, since we don't have to go back 1500 years ago where you'd die (or get hit/"jald" 1000 times or something like that) if you went out with a girl you love or drank some alcohol..etc, but saying there's no violence in islam is kinda ignorant on your part.
Feb 1, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2011
^
There's no such thing as "modern Islam"..
i remember another thread where someone posted a report, in it majority of the muslims (more than a billion) want the sharia law (Caliphate) to rule. Islam is Islam.
it's the greedy ppl who're trying to mix empty democracy with muslims nations -> look at Palestine, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria & Libya after the greedy ppl meddled with them.
again, there's no such thing as hit/jald 1000 times for going out with a girl.. but there's 40 lashes only for the muslims who drank alcohol in sharia law (Muhammad (Peace be upon him) & [1st Caliph Abu bakr (RA)] did 40) (some may say 80 because [2nd Caliph - Umar (RA)] did that) but Umar (RA) is known for his strictness when it comes to justice & seperating the right & wrong.
Correct me if i'm wrong, driving under the influence of alcohol is punishable in US & many western countries? 1 year in jail? or maybe more.. Islam cut that problem from its roots by 40 lashes (less than 10 mins.).
breaking the law lead to punishment to keep security & justice in the community. there's not a single country/empire/religion without punishments in its "law".
Justice & Security ≠ Violence
Feb 1, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Candor said:
Point is that violence is part of Islam, "modern" muslims are getting rid of that part, in addition to other parts and rules, because it doesn't fit with modern society, even though it's written in Islam that you shouldn't change the context of Islam (but sheikhs and normal muslims are trying to find routes to avoid some of the extreme islam things, e.g. fornication rules or killing the nonmuslims..etc), and extremists and ignorant people (and there are a lot of those in Muslim countries) are still following it. In the new definition of Islam you have in mind violence is a nono, but if you read the Quran carefully you'd see a lot of violence in it.

Tell me of one occasion Muhammad(pbuh) slaughtered a non-Muslim for being a non-Muslim. Tell me of one verse of the Quran that straight out tells Muslims to go kill all the non-Muslims because they don't accept your faith (?). I don't know how you people have read the Quran but there's one thing for sure, you guys can't be serious about it. By your definition, Muhammad (pbuh) who was according to Ayesha (R.A) (his wife) a living Quran, did everything against the Quran. His whole life then would have been a straight contradiction of the Quran.

At this point, I ask you a question, whose interpretation of the Quran is more viable? Muhammad's (pbuh) or yours?
~Oscar
[/i]
Feb 1, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:

list of the Deadliest wars in history: Here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours

The whole point of this is to point out that Islam, since its founding has used violence to spread. Not trying to say that they massacred their enemies if they didn't convert, etc. You can point out the politics but the fact is that manufactured excuse or not, Islamic leaders were justified by the religion in their massive invasions.

In a might makes right world of course a conquering religion is going to win people over. Of course an extra tax on non-muslims will win converts , etc. Its this whole founding principle of might makes right that cripples the middle-east. Not to say that it obviously isn't present in the rest of the world.
Feb 1, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
First of all, I am not Muslim. But I hate it when ignorant people think they're stating an ancient truth when they don't know anything. In Italy we call them "Quaqquaraqquà" (like the ducks' verse). Muslim is not a synonim of violent people or terrorists. It makes me mad to hear this stuff!!
Feb 1, 2015 11:01 AM
Oct 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Tell me of one occasion Muhammad(pbuh) slaughtered a non-Muslim for being a non-Muslim. Tell me of one verse of the Quran that straight out tells Muslims to go kill all the non-Muslims because they don't accept your faith (?).

How about two?

And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Quran9:5)

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah." (Quran 2:191)

And please save me from the "context" argument, doesn't matter what the context when people have used them to raid, kill and plunder.
Feb 1, 2015 11:04 AM
Oct 2012
Posted this on another thread, but it is more appropriate here

Are all terrorists Islamic? No. Are all Islamists terrorists? Again no. But does Islam have a serious issue in that a large minority of their members support such acts? Yep. And it is either on them to fix their internal problem or they are part of the external problem. One cannot claim that this is an isolated incident caused by social-economic/geopolitical factors like we can with the Buddhist in Burma, or the act of individuals (like the rare Christian terrorist are), Islamic terrorist is trans geographic, trans ethnicity, and growing in barbarity. It is rapidly becoming an existential problem. So again, either Islam fixes their problem, or it is a simple matter of us (secular liberalism) vs. them.

Speaking of which, as an agnostic I don't qualify as a "people of the book" no matter how generous the definition one wants to give it. If I ever find myself living under Islamic law I am a dead man.
Feb 1, 2015 11:05 AM

Mar 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

How about two?

And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Quran9:5)

"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter... and fight them until fitnah is no more, and religion is for Allah." (Quran 2:191)

And please save me from the "context" argument, doesn't matter what the context when people have used them to raid, kill and plunder.

Okay, I'l save you the context 'crap' here. During the time of Muhammad (pbuh) and during the time of Rashidun because that's what we consider was the 'true' Islamic period, tell me of one occasion where Muslims slaughtered Non-Muslims based solely on your insinuation that Quran wants all the non-believers killed. Okay, let's tone it down a bit, tell me of one non-Muslim who was killed solely because he was a non-Muslim, just that. Remember, only during the time of Rashidun or the time of Muhammad (pbuh).
~Oscar
[/i]
Feb 1, 2015 11:32 AM
Oct 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Okay, I'l save you the context 'crap' here. During the time of Muhammad (pbuh) and during the time of Rashidun because that's what we consider was the 'true' Islamic period, tell me of one occasion where Muslims slaughtered Non-Muslims based solely on your insinuation that Quran wants all the non-believers killed. Okay, let's tone it down a bit, tell me of one non-Muslim who was killed solely because he was a non-Muslim, just that. Remember, only during the time of Rashidun or the time of Muhammad (pbuh).

I never said that Islam wants "all non-believers" killed. Islam is fine with allowing "people of the book" their lives, as long as the Islam is in charge, the people of the book follow Islamic law, that those people do not try to convert anyone (but Islam is free to), and they pay a special tax.

If you obey all of these mandates, then Islam will grant you the right to live. Otherwise you get killed. But if you want a modern example about the freedom to butcher idolatry: Northern Sudan vs. Southern Sudan.
Takuan_SohoFeb 1, 2015 11:40 AM
Feb 1, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
Point is that violence is part of Islam

Violence is part of the human nature. And human history is violent.
Humans created Civilizations to control this part of the human nature by making violence a monopole of the State.

Throughout history, All Civilizations disputed territories and influence. Adjacent civilisations of equivalent power fought each other for ages. And the bigger ones picked up the weaker ones with varying levels of violence (from pure intimidation and proselytism to mass genocides (Native Americans and Aborigens)).

The moral code that govern violence in Islam (during a situation of expansion or resistance) is that of a sophisticated civilisation. Some Ignorant uneducated muslims don't have access to that, and some islamophobes prefer to ignore it.

A reality without violence does not exist outside of Utopia and Heaven. And Making a fixation on one group of humans or one civilisation prevents you from seeing the bigger picture, it's called racism, and it's stupid.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.