Forum Settings
Forums

Makoto Shinkai Working on New Movie in 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2015 1:55 PM
Mar 2010
Terrible..?
Then mold a story and draw a better one than it...
That way we can compare which one is the terrible one...

Shinkai usually draws alone if I'm not mistaken. The reason his works are rare because he seldom works with other people... >.<

As for people's argument about his stories... Yeah, his stories seems hazy to some but the art is just too frigging beautiful...
Jan 30, 2015 2:28 PM

Jul 2011
Well even if the story falls through, hopefully we get something as gorgeous as Kotonoha no Niwa. That was incredibly stunning in terms of scenery.
Jan 30, 2015 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
More eyecandy is always welcome. Kotonoha no Niwa is easily the prettiest piece of japanese animation even if lacking in the substance department.
Let´s see what happens with this one.
Jan 30, 2015 3:02 PM

Oct 2010
It will be More fun, more beautiful, surpass his other works…. and be about a a bittersweet romance that cannot be consummated between two mismatched young adults?
Jan 30, 2015 5:34 PM

Nov 2012
nanyatimz said:
Terrible..?
Then mold a story and draw a better one than it...
That way we can compare which one is the terrible one...

Shinkai usually draws alone if I'm not mistaken. The reason his works are rare because he seldom works with other people... >.<

As for people's argument about his stories... Yeah, his stories seems hazy to some but the art is just too frigging beautiful...
I dont need to be anime director give off my opinion of his movie, that's the stupidest argument people can use "hurr can you even direct an anime??? If not then dont talk hurr"
Jan 30, 2015 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
5 centimeters per second was meh...

But Hoshi no Koe and Kotonoha no Niwa were impressive! I hope he continues with this amazingness
Jan 30, 2015 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
I'm excited for the art. It can only get better as technology advances!
Jan 30, 2015 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to it ^^,
Jan 30, 2015 7:20 PM
Dec 2013
I am super excited for this, Kotonoha no Niwa is one of my favourite films so I hope he does something similar but this time a happy ending instead of his usual bittersweet.
Jan 30, 2015 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
Awesome stuff, looking forward to it.
Jan 30, 2015 9:05 PM
Jul 2014
I remembered that I liked the art for Kotonoha no Niwa. Will watch this when it comes out I guess.
Jan 30, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2014
Not a big fan of garden of words, it feels like a student film with Makoto Shinkai art direction sprinkled in. It is still the best looking anime for now. But I feel it's a pretty shallow love story, not very memorable or powerful message was conveyed like his previous films. If it wasn't made by Shinkai I would have called it mediocere.

I like Shinkai so I'll wait and see
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Jan 31, 2015 2:17 AM
Mar 2010
@Rx
Yeah, and your opinion is just like any other crap... If you want to voice an opinion, you better try to differentiate your talents first, dolt...

People here often gives an opinion a definition like it's a free thing. Yeah, it's a free thing but look at yourself first... Saying something like terrible and the likes etc about this amazing dude, is something only oafs can offer...
Jan 31, 2015 2:40 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The visuals alone are worth witnessing. I'll be interested in more information later about the plot.
Jan 31, 2015 10:10 AM

Feb 2013
Yes! Finally, Can't wait :) Love his movies!!
Feb 1, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2014
can't wait for that, getting really exited xD
ささやかれし ひそやかなる二つの心
愛の舞、神聖なる旋律
嵐と太陽を超え、永遠の真実
ふたつの魂、輝かしい色彩
永遠の炎、すべての夜を通じて
愛の交響曲、永遠の飛翔。

Feb 2, 2015 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
Bah, I want to hype this, but I already hype this news greatly a month ago in ANN. Well, still a good news though.

Shinkai's pretty good at portraying relationship and relaying messages not only by story telling, but also visual. I like his 5 cm/s and Garden of Words, but not so much for Hoshi Kodomo. It doesn't look like something that... suits him. Like I said, I said he is quite an excel about story relating human relationship as it is, without any magic or whatever. And IMO his potential flow out better in short-timed movies.

Wonder what kind of idea he came up this time. A parent-children relationship story like Dareka no Manazashi but in a feature movie. His usual male-female relationship story is good, but he should do a lot of variation or he'll no more than a one trick pony. Many kind of relationship can be explored, I think.

That being said, if he wanna make a movie out of Cross Road, I don't think it'll be too much of a bad idea ^_^
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Feb 8, 2015 8:34 PM

Dec 2012
Looking forward.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 10, 2015 9:46 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Ooh, nice. Expecting a lot from this new Shinkai project.

MetalxSoldier said:
uggh hopefully not another romance film but then again thats all he knows how to do unless he proves me wrong at some point.

Hoshi wo ou kodomo?
Feb 16, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
Loved his last two movies, especially ''The Garden of Words'', can't wait to see what's next in store.

Feb 19, 2015 10:32 PM

Dec 2014
eplipswich said:
I actually don't want a prettier movie from him. I want a movie with more concrete storyline from him!

Basically this. He's pretty decent at what he does but I feel like I'm watching the same stuff over and over again.
Feb 20, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2012
BatoKusanagi said:

MetalxSoldier said:
uggh hopefully not another romance film but then again thats all he knows how to do unless he proves me wrong at some point.

Hoshi wo ou kodomo?

Well I guess but it wasn't a good movie but I guess that somewhat dispels my statement a little bit. Just meant that romance films are his best works and he should venture into other areas like that movie.
you sound poor
Feb 22, 2015 6:24 AM

May 2014
surpassing his previous works ?
now that's taking it up to eleven....
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 4 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
39 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
6 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.