Forum Settings
Forums

8-year-old boy detained by French police for saying he supported Charlie attacks

New
Jan 29, 2015 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
An eight-year-old boy in France was detained and questioned by police for half an hour Wednesday after he allegedly made comments in school in praise of terrorists, police said.

The child’s teacher said the child expressed “solidarity” with the gunmen. The principal of the school decided to report to police what had happened.

The boy’s lawyer wrote that the child admitted to police saying the words: “I am with the terrorists.”

However, when police asked him what the word “terrorism” meant, he replied: “I don’t know”.

Sources
OkiuraJan 29, 2015 8:16 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2015 8:17 AM

Feb 2014
lol

Jan 29, 2015 8:19 AM

Aug 2010

However, when police asked him what the word “terrorism” meant, he replied: “I don’t know”.

[/quote]

Exactly what I would say if I were a terrorist.
Jan 29, 2015 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
Another future terrorist caught
Jan 29, 2015 8:22 AM

Mar 2012
A troll in the making.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 29, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2008
A traitor in the making, better get them while they are young and can be saved.

Jan 29, 2015 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
Hoppy said:
A traitor in the making, better get them while they are young and can be saved.

no they got trolled BIG TIME
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 29, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Another future terrorist caught

celebration time
Jan 29, 2015 10:07 AM

Oct 2009
He was a sleeping cell, better take him to nearby propaganda office. We could use a double agent.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 29, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2014
Where's freedom of speech now?
What defines 'right' and 'wrong' for you now?
The child merely supported the terrorists with words just like Charlie Hebdo merely offended Muslims through words, where is freedom of speech now?
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
He is believed to be the mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai attacks too. (he was then a sperm trying to reach his mother's Fallopian tubes in a city hotel).
Jan 29, 2015 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
Abul-Blasphemy said:

I know right, where is the freedom of speech to go around been racist? we should all be free to spread whatever racism we want same with terrorism. I totally support terrorism and will spread its word just like I think people should have the right to say the N word in public to black people.

Jan 29, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2013
take him to the electric chair gentlemen
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 29, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Abul-Blasphemy said:

I know right, where is the freedom of speech to go around been racist? we should all be free to spread whatever racism we want same with terrorism. I totally support terrorism and will spread its word just like I think people should have the right to say the N word in public to black people.

That exactly is the type of freedom of speech people have been preaching after the Charlie Hebdo attack.

I want the word "Nigger" to be legal for everyone to use!
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 29, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
Emnay said:
take him to the electric chair gentlemen

No. More information on his terrorist compatriots must be gathered first!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 29, 2015 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
Abul-Blasphemy said:
The child merely supported the terrorists with words just like Charlie Hebdo merely offended Muslims through words, where is freedom of speech now?

I agree that what the magazine did was wrong but there is a difference between offending someone and killing them. If instead of a terrorist attack people held peaceful protests against Charlie Hebdo I don't think this whole freedom of speech thing would have happened however there was a terrorist attack and people got killed for publishing the cartoon and so this became associated with freedom of speech. The entire reason these protests are being held in my opinion is because the people are concerned that if they say something like this they will be killed by terrorists. This boy on the other hand is supporting the act of terrorism instead of saying that he did not approve of what was published in the magazine instead he is supporting the act of killing other people and that is the difference.
Jan 29, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2011
Cops are so funny
Jan 29, 2015 12:26 PM
Feb 2014
This guy's MAL's hero, no surprise there.
Jan 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
The kid deserves it for being a fucking idiot.
Jan 29, 2015 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
Teacher probably told him to write it so they could feel like a big hero instead of a teacher.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 2:08 PM

May 2014
this is what happens when you don't have freedom of speech

'MURICA!

*sings US national anthem, but is terribly off pitch*
Jan 29, 2015 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
"I don't know"

*Shines interrogation light* We can be here all night buddy
Jan 29, 2015 3:19 PM

Mar 2012
^haha
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 30, 2015 8:09 AM

Mar 2014
omeg4 said:
Abul-Blasphemy said:

I agree that what the magazine did was wrong but there is a difference between offending someone and killing them. If instead of a terrorist attack people held peaceful protests against Charlie Hebdo I don't think this whole freedom of speech thing would have happened however there was a terrorist attack and people got killed for publishing the cartoon and so this became associated with freedom of speech. The entire reason these protests are being held in my opinion is because the people are concerned that if they say something like this they will be killed by terrorists. This boy on the other hand is supporting the act of terrorism instead of saying that he did not approve of what was published in the magazine instead he is supporting the act of killing other people and that is the difference.

I was just pointing out to the fact how hypocritical Freedom of Speech can really be.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 8:44 AM

Apr 2012
You say that but it's exactly because of people like you that it is hypocritical.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 30, 2015 8:48 AM
Jun 2014
Parting done wrong.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 30, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:
You say that but it's exactly because of people like you that it is hypocritical.

Explain this bullshit.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 9:40 AM

Jan 2009

"GI Joe should win, alright ?"
Jan 30, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Immahnoob said:

Explain this bullshit.
"Oh, they offended muh religion, pls ban et."
Is what we're having right now and you're only making it go further.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 9:47 AM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:
Abul-Blasphemy said:

Explain this bullshit.
"Oh, they offended muh religion, pls ban et."
Is what we're having right now and you're only making it go further.

I never said that. But ok, tell me, why did they kick out that guy who was blamed to be "Anti-Semitic"? shouldn't offending Jews fall under Freedom of Speech too?

Bruh, stop trying so hard. Freedom of Speech is full of holes. You can't fill them all with your penis at the same time.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 9:49 AM

Apr 2012
Are you retarded? Where the hell am I supporting the current broken freedom of speech?

I always supported how it should be, not how it is. And you did claim in the thread about Charlie that what he did was not "freedom of speech/expression", mostly because he offended your little Islam.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 10:11 AM
Jul 2014
Muslims need to learn the concept of free speech. They seriously need to do it
Jan 30, 2015 10:25 AM
Jan 2014
ElPysCongroo said:
do you claim that he was conscious about what he said, being proactive? Idiocy still requires proactivity, and from what I know he yields none of that. When it comes to forming even slightly complicated political opinions, children of that age don't act on their own, they just react.
You wouldn't call a calculator stupid or smart, would you? They just react to the input that you give, you determine the result based on what you choose to feed it with.
Jan 30, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
Abul-Blasphemy said:
omeg4 said:

I was just pointing out to the fact how hypocritical Freedom of Speech can really be.

True freedom of speech is about expressing your opinion but by doing so if someone shows that they might become a terrorist in the future it is common sense to stop them before they have the chance to hurt or kill anyone.
Jan 30, 2015 10:29 AM

Apr 2012
An 8 year old becoming a terrorist in a first world country.

That's some nice thinking omeg4.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 10:33 AM

Nov 2014
cabacc2 said:
ElPysCongroo said:
do you claim that he was conscious about what he said, being proactive? Idiocy still requires proactivity, and from what I know he yields none of that. When it comes to forming even slightly complicated political opinions, children of that age don't act on their own, they just react.
You wouldn't call a calculator stupid or smart, would you? They just react to the input that you give, you determine the result based on what you choose to feed it with.

I agree. He is just a kid. The ones who raised him are to be blamed. The people who are affected the most because of extremists are other ordinary muslims. because of incidents like this there is going to be so much more discrimination
against muslims its ironic how the extremists think they are fighting for islam but actually make life worse for everybody who practices it
Jan 30, 2015 10:34 AM

Nov 2014
Immahnoob said:
An 8 year old becoming a terrorist in a first world country.

That's some nice thinking omeg4.

Not talking about the 8 year old. I'm just talking in general about people who support terrorism
Jan 30, 2015 10:52 AM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:
Are you retarded? Where the hell am I supporting the current broken freedom of speech?

I always supported how it should be, not how it is. And you did claim in the thread about Charlie that what he did was not "freedom of speech/expression", mostly because he offended your little Islam.

WOAAAHHH!!! how it should be then? color me surprised this is the first time I've seen you going back on your words.

My stand is still clear. Hate speech does not equate Freedom of Speech but if the World dictates to me that Freedom of Speech does allow you Hate speech, then so be it. I'll just point out the flaws here and there.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
WOAAAHHH!!! how it should be then? color me surprised this is the first time I've seen you going back on your words.
I never went back on my words, and I already told you how it should be, freedom of speech should be able to offend.
My stand is still clear. Hate speech does not equate Freedom of Speech but if the World dictates to me that Freedom of Speech does allow you Hate speech, then so be it. I'll just point out the flaws here and there.
Hate speech is freedom of speech, and arguing against hate speech is freedom of speech, you're not pointing out flaws, you're pointing out your inability to:
1. Read.
2. Argue.
3. Being rational.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:
I never went back on my words, and I already told you how it should be, freedom of speech should be able to offend.
Hate speech is freedom of speech, and arguing against hate speech is freedom of speech, you're not pointing out flaws, you're pointing out your inability to:
1. Read.
2. Argue.
3. Being rational.

ok, then explain to me why this boy was detained?
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
Immahnoob said:
1. Read.
2. Argue.
3. Being rational.

ok, then explain to me why this boy was detained?
1. Inability to read.

Should I add a 4?
4. Unable to be relevant.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 11:21 AM

Mar 2014
try harder. You're losing your edge.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
try harder. You're losing your edge.
Try harder. You never had edge in the first place, especially when you were and are talking to me.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2014
You are just gonna fall even more now. Your abilities are rusting. Go take a break. It should heal you.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
You are just gonna fall even more now. Your abilities are rusting. Go take a break. It should heal you.
"I have no argument and I'm falling back on my words, now I will flatter copy Immahnoob." - geniobastardo

Why aren't you properly arguing with me? I think it's because:

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2014
now that's more like it.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
now that's more like it.
This isn't helping you cause.

Autocrat said:
Jan 30, 2015 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
That's because you've already lost this debate.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jan 30, 2015 11:50 AM

May 2014
I doubt the child knows what he's talking about, either someone tricked him into saying it as a prank of sorts which I think is unlikely or he is in contact with someone who is telling him this kind of stuff.
If they interoggated the father instead, probably would've got more info.
I've been here way too long...
Jan 30, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
Abul-Blasphemy said:
That's because you've already lost this debate.
Implying your words are of any relevancy.

Trying to act like an idiot when you know you can't win an argument is pathetic, genio. And you also can't win at this contest either. Battles of attrition are easy to win.

Autocrat said:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.