Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 16, 2015 8:55 AM
Jul 2013
Wow the end made me cry a bit :'(
Now for real ... T.T

R.I.P Kisaragi <3
Apr 1, 2015 1:56 PM

May 2012
That ending :/ Good episode though.
Apr 10, 2015 5:22 AM

Jan 2014
LOL at "Seductive Kongou Photo Album", I want that book too. for research purposes.
May 5, 2015 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
What just happened.....
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 1, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
LunyRed said:
Kongou sisters!! Zekamashi Shimakaze!!

The Kongou sisters are awesome and so full of energy! I loved it when they introduced themselves. <3

I thought it was badass when Kongou blocked an Abyssal Fleet's attack with her bare hands. And I'm glad I finally got to see Zekamashi Shimakaze in action! Such a free-spirited Fleet Girl~

Mutsuki finally recovers and moves on... Nice feels with the hug there...

This.

The Kongou sisters may look clumsy and silly, but they become badass and useful when needed.
Zekam... eerrr Shimakaze was funny, too. (I like how hard it is to find her since she's an extremely rare destroyer in game.)

So many feels at the end. Poor Mutsuki. ;_;

At least Bucky survived!

P.S: Burning Love!
Jul 19, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
the feels!
I'm a jazz number with no beat, tune, or direction.

Nov 1, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2010
Ah, so this is where the show attempts to shoehorn as many characters as it can. In part, it's trying to appease fans by giving screen time to popular and well-known characters, but it doesn't give much respect to the Kisaragi bit. Granted, it's not easy to write death, or sinking in this case, especially within a 12 episode show. In the case of Kancolle though, trying to do both within the span of two episodes comes across as haphazardly rushed. I can tell the anime is trying its best, but it's just not working.

With regards to the battle, it's still so awkward to watch. Realistically, the girls' equipment make no sense. The game could ignore this detail since it had no animation to speak off, so everything was left to our imagination. I just can't get used to watching the girls fire at stationary enemies while spouting off in-game lines. In previous episodes, I was glad to have played Kancolle since I could recognize the game's mechanics. Now, I'm wondering how it would be if I came in knowing nothing, as I wouldn't be distracted by obvious nods towards the fanbase. It wouldn't save the show from being clumsy as hell, but at least I would be able to enjoy the anime as a standalone product.

But, my gripes aside, the show isn't doing anything bad outright, it just missed a lot of opportunities. I suppose that's a better alternative, but it still leaves the show lacking in many areas.
Mar 11, 2016 11:59 AM

Aug 2013
It's that stupid that I can't watch more than 1 episode per day. Even serious moments not recompenses it. And that awful CG.
And only Poi-chan is keeping me from dropping this.
rsc-plMar 11, 2016 12:24 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 23, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2010
Finally an episode i really liked! Kongou sisters are alreasy my favorite and shimakaze is next in line

The end felt a bit too forced after all the comedy tho
Mar 20, 2017 12:14 AM

Dec 2016
Kongou's fleet is really good on the battlefield.

Don't know how to explain them for the first part of the episode though lol.
Jun 3, 2017 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
This was a bit better than the previous episodes, I guess.
Jun 8, 2017 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
As much as I liked the goofy shenanigans of Kongou and her fleet of merry ships, having two emotionally extreme plots playing side by side in an episode was quite jarring.
Although, the ending scene wasn't half bad, especially because it didn't have characters shouting consolatory platitudes at each other. That's unexpectedly subtle from a show about anthropomorphic navel ships that look like cute anime girls, who do cute (and occasionally violent) things.
Dec 16, 2017 2:46 PM

Feb 2012
Re-watching this anime years later has convinced me this anime is much better than I originally thought it was, and this episode is easily one of the best. It also helps that I've become a huge fan of the franchise so I recognize significantly more things that I did the first time.

What I'm most impressed with in this episode is how it dealt with Kisaragi's death. The honest truth is not that many people really cared that much about Kisaragi, and most of the shipgirls got over it really quickly. The fact that Mutsuki was going through a severe case of denial, while the Kongo sisters may not have been able to point Kisaragi out from a crowd rings true to me. What I was impressed with the most is that through Fubuki's forced interaction with others who didn't know Kisaragi, that Fubuki was able to give the support that Mutsuki desperately needed. It's the serendipity of life.

Shocked said:
With regards to the battle, it's still so awkward to watch. Realistically, the girls' equipment make no sense. The game could ignore this detail since it had no animation to speak off, so everything was left to our imagination.

What I find interesting is that I would have agreed with this comment years ago, however it is no longer the case. KanColle Arcade used the anime style fights to make a game and it is easily one of the most fun video games I have ever played. The anime fights make significantly more sense now than they did years ago. I can't think of another situation like this in anime.
Sep 14, 2019 3:52 PM
Jun 2016
I actually watched this episode yesterday on my lunch break which in hindsight was not the best idea.

Coworkers: You ok?
Me: The Feels 😭😭😭
Nov 23, 2019 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
Fubuki's dignified image of Kongou quickly crumbled. But she's a reliable senior still.

The comedy this episode was a bit hit and miss.

How Kongou embraced Fubuki and she was able to do the same for Mutsuki was great and heartwarming.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 2, 2020 2:01 PM
Apr 2016
Well, I've definitely seen worse CGI, so I guess props for that? Everyone's quite emotional, but that's nothing weird for a show like this..
Jun 21, 2021 9:28 AM

Apr 2013
Kongou Sister Squad is amazing!
Having observed how much attention Shimakaze pays for lessons or mission briefing i think it's less she's forgetting about missions but more of a problem she's not aware she's got instructed with a mission that she got to do right now

The Honey trap with seductive Kongou photos to catch Shimakaze. If Hiei didn't fall for it first i'm sure they would have catched Shimakaze with it.
Zekamashi finally got some action, sweet! some nice action shots too
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jun 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Feb 2020
The last minutes were pretty emotional.

SerafosApr 10, 5:47 AM
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM
Feb 2016
La lluvia fue más fuerte cuando regreso al puerto. Como qu eno llovia, claro que llovia.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 27, 2014

345 by daddy7860 »»
Feb 12, 2023 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.