Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2010
Albion9601 said:
Hi, everyone!

My name is Michał and I cover my identity with this old Albion 9601. I am an amateurish manga artist. I have a DeviantArt page - feel free to check it out if you wish, although I haven't uploaded new stuff for a while.
I wanted to join this club because I love the balance between entertainment and taking things easy which slice of life series provide.

- Favourite SoL anime: Nichijou

- Favourite SoL manga: well... Nichijou...

- Favourite SoL character: Tsuyuri Kumin or Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (I can never decide...)

Anyway, I hope I'll learn something from you, guys, and get to know some good slice of life manga and anime thanks to you ;)

"Nichijou" is my second most favorite series of all time. Third most favorite is "Toradora!" (which was second most favorite before).

You should try watching "Azumanga Daioh", it's like old-school Nichijou atmosphere, you may like it. Also if you haven't seen "Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou" then try that too, I think that was in response to "Nichijou" as it aired nearly less than a year after :P There's a lot more going on which makes it hilarious in most parts.

Nice to meet you all :)
fshahidJul 8, 2015 10:46 PM
Jul 9, 2015 1:49 PM

Oct 2014
*ahem* After my short absent, here I am again.
Welcome everyone to those I didn't welcome yet ^_^/

Hope you enjoy it here :3
Jul 14, 2015 12:56 PM
Jun 2015
Hello, I'm Dee. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou and Kino no Tabi.
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Haven't read any yet. I just recently got into manga.
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Ginko (Mushishi), Yaichi (Saraiya Goyou), Madara (Natsume Yuujinchou).

I was looking for a new club to join, and I stumbled upon this one. Seems pretty laid back, from what I can seen so far. I'm tend to be shy and kinda quiet at times, but I'm usually up for discussions regarding anime/manga, or anything really.
Jul 14, 2015 3:47 PM

Sep 2013
Nice Ginko avatar ~
No need to be shy. The club is kind of slow these days, but don't be afraid to ask anything on the club comment section. There will always be someone who talks to you eventually.
Jul 15, 2015 12:38 AM
Feb 2015
Hello everyone.

Favorite Slice of Life Anime: Clannad (both seasons), Anohana, and Mushishi
Manga: Koe no Katachi I guess. I'm super new to manga so recommendations would be awesome.
Characters: Nagisa (Clannad), Holo (Spice and Wolf) and Ginko (Mushishi)

I don't like talking about myself very much since I'm insecure but I'm happy to talk about anything else.
Jul 17, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2012
hey everyone! my name is audrey and i'm almost 20 (10/aug!). my favourite slice of life anime is shirokuma cafe, it's so funny and endearing. nice to meet you all~
Aug 1, 2015 9:56 AM

Feb 2012
Hello! Tamae28 here.
My favorite SoL anime is Hanasaku Iroha and favorite SoL manga is Koko ni Iru yo!.
Taichi from Chihayafuru is one of my favorite characters and the reason why I like that series so much.
I seem to prefer to read SoL manga more than to watch SoL anime, but nevertheless SoL is still one of my favorite genres. So that's why I finally joined to the club after lurking around quite a bit.
Aug 2, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2014
Time that i introduce myself or like i just saw this "Introduction Thread" today. Therefore i was thinking hey you should introduce yourself now!

Hello everyone i'm Ryoushi or for short Ryo
I don't know so many Slice of life Anime/Manga. Well or i know them but i didn't know they have this genre haha

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Minami-ke, Barakamon, Bokura ga Ita
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Koe no Katachi,
Favorite Slice of Life Characters: Chiaki (Minami-ke), Akihito (Kyoukai no Kanata) Shiina (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)

Hope that we can get along and talk a lot about Anime or other stuff haha!
Aug 17, 2015 6:08 PM
Jul 2015
Hi my name is Santy.
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Toradora and then lucky star
Favorite Slice of Life manga: I don't really read manga that much... sorry D:
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Konata definitely, and of course (my waifu) Taiga
A little bit more about yourself: I was a shounen/psycologycal man, but I turned to slice of life, idk why, it just got to me
Aug 19, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2015
Hi! Ron here.

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Kokoro Connect
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Inaba Himeko, Shiina Mashiro

A little bit more about yourself: I'm more of a romance guy, so no matter what kind of genre it is, if the romance fits or i just simply ship _ and _, I end up finishing shows and forgetting what the plot actually was

Sep 2, 2015 1:09 AM

May 2015
Username: mim408
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Horimiya
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Kyouko(Horimiya)
A little bit more about yourself:I really like shoujo and comedy too!!
I started reading manga 3 months ago and it's one of my new loves.
I think thats all!! Nice to meet you all!!! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
Sep 4, 2015 9:44 AM

Nov 2009
I don't normally post in threads around clubs or in the general forums..
buut.. i thought why not!
I've been enjoying Slice of Life anime much more recently and they're great to watch when relaxing. You can have a little chuckle here 'n there and there are cute moments that make you go "Gah, omg so adorable! eeep!"

But anyway! I'm LadyBovine, but i just go by the name of Stripes. So you can call me that! ...or anything else you'd like to call me! I'm not one to fuss over nicknames.

K-On! & Hyouka are my 2 favourite Slice of Life anime. They are also my top Favourite anime in general.
I'll name some others i personally enjoyed..

I haven't read much manga to have a favourite and i haven't actually read that many slice of Life..but Fruits Basket is my only Favourite manga really.. ^-^'

There's not much else to really put, i guess if you wanna know me speak to me c:
I'm friendly enough.. i promise c:
Sep 4, 2015 10:35 PM

Aug 2015
Hey, I'm DJ from Canada.
My favourite SoL anime would have to be clannad (both seasons), barakamon. And Hyouka.

Check out my anime list, if you notice I'm missing any really good slice of life anime. Then feel free to recommend me some ^^. Thanks!
Sep 7, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2015
I thought that I should join a club to better my MAL xp, other than using this site to just keep track of list. This one being more meaningful than the casual animes /clubs. And after seeing Cersei's avatar and signature of Vegeta, made me feel welcome. Feel free to take a look at my list and or add me. We can play some cs or whatever; chat anime. :)
Sep 7, 2015 7:04 PM

Aug 2015
Hello y'all of SOL Club!

I've just recently got into this genre and my top three so far are Barakamon, Silver Spoon, and Usagi Drop.

I'm always looking out for more, and the majority of the SOL manga are not finished so they're all on hold for me. T_T

Anyways, just dropping by to say hi.

Cheers!
Sep 9, 2015 6:28 AM

Aug 2015
Username: My name is fredchickens, a combination of my real name+one of my favorite fried foods
Favorite Slice of Life anime:Non Non Biyori,Yuru Yuri, Kiniro Mosaic
Favorite Slice of Life manga:Sakamoto desu Ga
Favorite Slice of Life characters:Renge from Non Non, Alice from Kiniro, and Akarin from Yuru
A little bit more about yourself:
I'm a big fan of SOL genre, moe is a bonus.
Oct 30, 2015 6:28 AM

Sep 2014
Hi guys! I was planning to introduce earlier when i joined this club but i was so busy with my sixth form life (2 years to study for A-Levels) >< but now i have free time so i could finally introduce myself (̂ ˃̥̥̥ ˑ̫ ˂̥̥̥ )̂

Username: malikkkk27_
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Himouto! Umaru-chan, Gochumon Wa usagi desu ka?/??, K-On!, Yuru Yuri[all 3 seasons]
Favorite Slice of Life manga: WataMote/ Gakkou Gurashi! [it has slice of life genre too :b]
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Akari Akaza, Azusa Nakano, Ebina Nana, Doma Umaru, Ebisuzawa Kurumi

I'm glad that i watch Slice of life series, since it's genre, i find it relaxing and enjoyable to watch, [well some can be depressing ones] but i enjoy slice of life series. ^^

Do check out my list on anime if you want to see my list of SoL animes, the manga list is not that much [insert sweat emoji with akward smile] so don't bother looking it, hahaha.

That's all for my introduction, have a great day! ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
_lynxy_Oct 30, 2015 6:32 AM
Nov 7, 2015 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
Hello everyone ^^ thought I would introduce myself since I'm pretty new to this website and to this club!
I haven't watched too many slice of life animes, but sof animes are one of my favourite genres because they are just so relaxing to watch!! Some of the animes I've watched are K-ON, Ouran High School Host Club, Working!!, Super Sonico (regrettably lol), etc.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Fruits Basket is a good anime to watch? :o Lots of people tell me to watch it ^^
Feel free to reccomend me any great slice of life anime!! I'm always on the lookout for something new to watch and to add to my list~
Nov 8, 2015 7:44 AM

Nov 2014
Welcome newcomers! O/
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Nov 9, 2015 7:56 PM

Dec 2014
Yo,noobsoldier here.Haven't watch a lot, but i enjoy SoL anime.
Fav SoL anime:Anohana,Barakamon,Danshi Koukousei
I haven't read SoL manga yet.
Fav SoL characters:Naru,Hidenori
Also, i enjoy anime with comedy.

Join reddit r/anime community!
Nov 11, 2015 5:33 PM

May 2015
Ohayogozaimasu^^~ I only say that I loving the genre, but I join the club because I saw the banner of my waifu.
Yoroshiku onegaishimazu
~Maki is love, Maki is life.~

PD: I am a LoveLiver (fan of Love Live).
Nov 29, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
Hi everyone! Been lurking around the club for quite some time, so I figured I should probably introduce myself!

I'm Jared and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

I am fairly new to the SOL genre, but I have been watching anime on and off for as long as I can remember. Once I discovered SOL I was hooked though. Something about the genre really speaks to me. That is what brought me to MAL actually, I am using it as a resource to find more to watch! Still working on my profile

I consider myself part of two major fandoms, SOL anime and Star Wars. Strange combination right? I also enjoy reading, video game, collecting random Star Wars stuff (junk) and also Table Top RPGs.

Up until this year, I was an incredibly introverted person. While I still consider myself quite the introvert, I am using my passions for SOL and Star Wars to try and come out of my shell a little bit, and possibly make some friends in the process!

I am terribly at writing about myself, but if you would like to know more feel free to send me a message. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you more in the future!
When not on MAL, here is where you can find me:
Check out my blog
Follow me on Twitter
Nov 30, 2015 12:07 AM

Nov 2014
Hi Chibi!

O/
What is wrong with loving someone who doesn't exist ? Absolutely nothing. As long as you make peace with it.
Nov 30, 2015 5:01 PM

Nov 2015
Hi, to every1 in this club
New member here and nice to meet you all
i always been busy with real life stuff and maybe will be not really active in this club

fav sol anime: k-on & nonbiyo
fav sol chara : Nakano Azusa & Miyauchi Renge
Dec 10, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2013
Hello, I'm Caty. Mine favorite Slice of Life anime are Ao Haru Ride and Clannad: After Story.

Feel free to visit my profile. ツ
Dec 19, 2015 4:22 PM

Jun 2014
Hello, you can call me Violet, let me start with this:
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Clannad: After Story (T^T), Kimi no todoke.
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Kaichou wa Maid-sama, D-Frag (ongoing)
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Onodera Kosaki, Shibasaki Roka, Okazaki Tomoya.

Im college student studying Office Management System (this is my last year :D),
I really anime, manga, playing video games, more..!!

Hope to get along with everybody, and also sorry for grammars or synthesis errors since my English is not fluent..
^_^

Dec 23, 2015 7:35 AM

Oct 2015
Ohayo gozaimasu.
Minnasan konnichiwa.
oniikai desu.
Glad to be here with everyone and hope to enjoy this club with everyone.
See ya soon.

始めまして, oniikaiです.よろしく お願い します.イタリア語です.

anime | manga

{badges~cards showrrom}
{leave your badges~cards here}
Dec 24, 2015 1:59 AM

Nov 2014
\(^u^)/ Welcome people!
Dec 26, 2015 2:07 AM

Sep 2015
Hello everyone,
Im Waffy/Waffles/Pancake with Abs etc etc
Favorite SOL Anime : Gin no Saji, Barakamon, Non Non Biyori, K-On
Favorite SOL Manga: None as i haven't touch any SOL manga yet
Favorite SOL Character: Umaru Doma
About Myself: Well... I like cupcakes
The End
Dec 28, 2015 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Hi, Selfhood here.
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Working!!, Non Non Biyori
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Kanna Makino, Shirafuji, Kyouko

Yoroshiku!
Dec 30, 2015 2:10 PM

Nov 2015
Hi, SoL Club! I'm Anaïs, an anime fan like all of you!

Favorite SoL Anime: K-On!, Clannad and Clannad AS
Favorite SoL Manga: Nisekoi, WataMote, Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Favorite SoL Characters: Nakano Azusa (Azu-nyaaaaaaan), Mashiro Shiina, and Onodera Kosaki.

I hope to get along with you well! :D
Forum Set and Profile Picture by aikopotz~
Jan 6, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2015
Hi!
Just joined this club my favourite SoL anime are Barakamon and Working!! My favourite characthers are Yamada Aoi from Working!! and Akari Muzanashi from Aria.
:)
Jan 6, 2016 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
Greetings! I joined the club a long time ago but I've only recently poked around. I've always enjoyed Slice of Life anime and manga. I find them lighthearted, funny, and relaxing - great for when you want to unwind! I hope we get along!

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Chihayafuru, Nodame Cantabile, Gin no Saji
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Uchuu Kyoudai/Space Brothers, Horimiya
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Chihaya, Mutta Namba, Megumi Noda
Jan 7, 2016 7:18 AM

Aug 2012
Username: aa-dono
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Favorite Slice of Life manga: currently Love So Life
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Yamaguchi Kumiko

I like Slice of Life genre and it'd be nice to know other who also like them. ⊂((・▽・))⊃

Jan 7, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
Welcome peeps! (^u^)/
Jan 7, 2016 10:27 PM

Dec 2012
I'd like to give an extended welcome to everyone in this club. I will do my best to be more active on here for this 2016 year ^.^
Jan 11, 2016 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Hi!! I'm Thtaonechillgirl or chillgirl.
Favorite slice of like anime: Free!
Favorite Slice of Life manga: dont really read any manga
Slice of life character: Rei Ryuugazaki
About me: i just got into this club because i like slice of life anime and it seems interesting. i like pizza,video games and anime of course!
Jan 13, 2016 2:10 AM
Dec 2015
Hi my name is BakaMasuta
Favorite slice of life anime: I really can't pick one. But some favorites off the top of my head are Toradora, Kimi ni Todoke, and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.
Favorite Character: Currently Sawako
So I'm not just new here but new to MAL communities as a whole, so I hope to get along with you all! My taste in anime is pretty widespread but I have to say that slice of life is the one kind of anime I can always find another good one of whenever I go looking. I'm a light gamer, I love it when characters break the fourth wall, I'm a college student, and I occasionally make electronic music (its been a while since I finished anything though).
I'm not saying your taste in anime is bad, I'm merely implying it.
Jan 13, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2016
Hey, just joined the club.

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Hyouka.
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Haven't really read any sol manga yet
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Hachiman Hikigaya and Oreki Houtarou.
Jan 24, 2016 5:56 AM
Jan 2016
Hi everyone! New in this club, hope to meet new people here :)

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Right now, Tamako Market
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Tamako of course.

I'm from Portugal, i'm 24 years old.

Can anyone recommend some new slice of life anime? Thanks!
Jan 25, 2016 12:56 AM

Dec 2015
Haro~! I'm OtakuOne (or Zachy or Ota-kun) I love SoL anime so much! So..

My favorite SoL anime is gotta be "Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?" or "Gochiusa"!

My favorite SoL manga.. Is.. Well, I don't read much manga. But I'll choose one, Himouto! Umaru-chan

Welp, it comes to the point where I have to choose some fav. SoL characters.
Kokoa/Cocoa (Gochiusa), Hakase (Nichijou), Alice (Kin-iro Mosaic), Yui (K-On!), Azuza (K-On!) and much more.

Well, I'm also into eroges/visual novels. Meh, that's all I can say, bye!
Jan 26, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2015
Hello my name is.... You already know

SOL is one of my Favorite Genre's

Favorite SOL Anime: Mushishi, Aria, Great teacher Onizuka(GTO) and Furiko.

Least favorite SOL and anime: Toradora
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2016 8:50 AM
Jan 2016
Hi guys,

I'm Daniele from Italy, 26 years old.

I'm not good at writing in English, so I will be synthetic. I like anime and manga, but lately it's becoming difficult to find something interesting.

Favorite Slice of Life anime: BECK Mongolian Chop Squad
Jan 28, 2016 4:02 PM

Aug 2015
Hey!
My username is Neechi, my real name... err we will stay with Neechi for now. ^^'
I'm 16 and I'm a french guy.

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Shigatsu wa kimi no uso, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Favorite Slice of Life manga: Horimiya

Favorite Slice of Life characters: Hori and Miyamura from Horimiya, Kaori and Kousei from Shigatsu
NeechiJan 28, 2016 4:05 PM
Jan 28, 2016 10:58 PM

Nov 2014
Your favorite is Sakurasou?

I think we'll be getting along...

Welcome (^u^)/
Jan 29, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2015
Thanks!
And... Eheh yeah, Sakurasou is such a great anime. :P
Feb 22, 2016 3:40 PM
Apr 2013
Hello, i've been joined MAL for almost 3 years, but only for keep track of my anime. Now, i want to join some clubs. SOL is my favorite genre. So, i choose this club. Nice to meet you all.

Favorite Slice of Life anime: The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, Nichijou, Kiniro Mosaic and Yuru Yuri.

Favorite Slice of Life manga: Yotsuba, Yuru Yuri, and Kiniro Mosaic

Favorite Slice of Life characters: Yotsuba, Suzumiya Haruhi, Sugiura Ayano, Komichi Aya (I'm a sucker for tsundere girls)
Mar 26, 2016 6:30 PM

Mar 2016
hi hi! you can call me Livi! my favorite slice of life animes are lucky star and azumanga daioh. i'm planning on reading some slice of life manga sometime soon... some of my favorite slice of life characters are Izumi Konata, Hiyori Tamura, and Chiyo-chan. besides anime, i also enjoy video games, playing the clarinet, and making perler art. bye!~
*ponders*
Apr 4, 2016 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
Hi everyone! I like Comedy and SOL (without romance) out of all anime genre (4 of my top 5 anime being Comedy/SOL). Strange, as i never imagined this when i first set out watching anime.

Romance anime seem unrealistic (exception - Maison Ikkoku, quite possibly Rumiko's masterpiece) and Action anime just don't seem genuine enough (again, one exception being Cowboy Bebop).

And so i have settled on Comedy/Slice of life. But i don't blindly watch everything. If the characters seem boring, i will straight away drop the anime.

I look forward to being more active here.
Apr 4, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2014
Welcome guys! (^u^)/ Enjoy your stay!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM

» An SoL anime about worklife?

Spi_ne - Jan 28, 2021

4 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:40 AM

» SPECIFIC ANIME RECOMENDATION!!!

supertitao - Apr 7, 2021

2 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.