Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 27, 2015 8:51 AM

Oct 2010

Hello, and welcome to the Slice of Life Club! We strive to be a friendly and active community where fans of the Slice of Life genre can meet users with similar interests and discuss the genre we all love. Before you dive into our community and all we have to offer, perhaps you would care to introduce yourself?

You are free to come up with your own format for your introduction post, but if you're having trouble thinking of what to say, please feel free to use this:
Username:
Favorite Slice of Life anime:
Favorite Slice of Life manga:
Favorite Slice of Life characters:
A little bit more about yourself:

After you introduce yourself, feel free to stop by the club comments and chat with other members of the club, or browse what threads and/or events we currently have to offer at this time. I ask that all new members take a moment to read our Rules Thread.

Thank you very much for joining the Slice of Life Club! We look forward to getting to know you!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
I wasn't planning on posting here, but being the first reply would be cool...

Hihi ^^
I'm Sparkles; feel free to call me whatever you'd like. For some reason a lot of people like to butcher my name. ಠ_ಠ
Some SOL anime I like are Toradora!, Squid Girl, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I like yogurt and cute stuffles, strongly dislike milk and bugs, and slightly dislike mayo.
I guess that's it C:
Jan 27, 2015 4:59 PM

Mar 2014
I never introduced myself at the old club, but I intend to become a new regular here.

The name is Zurel, but I also answer to Zu or Zuu.
Fav SoL Anime: Hands down, the whole Aria franchise. But I also like Working!, Gin no Saji, and Natsume Yuujinchou.
Fav SoL Manga: Emma Bangaihen, Otoyomegatari, and Yotsubato!
Fav SoL characters: Madara.

I frequent MAL Book Club and Mafia Society, and sometimes poke my nose at Light Novel Alliance.
Jan 27, 2015 7:20 PM

Oct 2014
Hai, I'm Znrgy. Introducing myself because I've been just loitering around for awhile, and so I really want to interact with others now, haha.

Favorite SoL Anime: Anohana, Sakamichi no Apollon, Toradora!, Usagi Drop, & Wolf Children
Favorite SoL Manga: Oyasumi Punpun & Koe no Katachi
Favorite SoL Characters: Punpun, Taiga, & Ohana

I love tofu, but that's because I'm a vegetarian :b. Hope to make new friends, plus accepting recommendations of any anime/manga since I just got into anime/manga pretty recently. Bai :3
Jan 27, 2015 7:44 PM

Oct 2014
Hello.. I'm HawkEye6591, nice to meet you guys...

Favorite Slice of Life anime: I like Clannad, Acchi Kocchi, and Nichijou
Favorite Slice of Life manga: I don't usually read manga, but i will pick K-ON
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Otonashi Io, Tsumiki Miniwa, Ritsu K-ON, and Shinonome Nano

I like slice of life anime with cute girls x things, and Loli.. I prefer watching Finished Airing anime than Airing anime. I easily bored if not doing something, I'm also visual novel reader.. Feel free to visit my profile and comment, thank you... ´ ▽ ` )ノ

read from right to left
Jan 27, 2015 8:35 PM

May 2014
Hello! I'm belxfran-tsu. Most call me belx or bel. Nice to meet you.

Favourite SoL Anime: I don't know if I can choose one so; Sakamichi no Apollon, Aria, Kuragehime, Gosick, Zetsubou Sensei, Clannad
Favourite SoL Manga: Oyasumi Punpun, Genishiken, Natsume Yuujinchou
Characters Sentarou Kawabuchi <3 Jinta Yadomi, Kurashita Yukimi, Natsume Takashi, Tanaka Aiko, Saki Kasukabe, Glory Athena, yep!

I love slice of lice, supernatural, suspense anime's. I do like shounen but I'm not drawn into it as well as other genre's, like I loveee mecha. I also love J-Idols like AKB, SKE<333 and I'm a hardcore Love Live, Idolm@ster, Kancolle, Touhou fan. I love lolis myself.. I'm not too big on newer animes, I really enjoy the older animes, they've got me so far and I feel they are not so generic. I've only dropped 3 shows, and there has to b e a moment in logic to do so. uvu I'm shy, I love visual kei, and I love xbox. I read a lot of manga despite how often I rarely update mine. uvu That's about it.
Jan 28, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Username : Silent_Stridah
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Lucky Star, Nichijou, A-Channel and Hyakko
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Hyakko
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Tooru from A-Channel, Yutaka and Kagami from Lucky Star, Mio from Nichijou and Suzu from Hyakko
A little bit more about yourself: I am short, i like being short, and i like SOL xD

I mean i really do, and one of the reasons i joined the club was to find more recommendations and make friends with the surprisingly few fans of the genre.
Jan 28, 2015 5:17 PM

Aug 2014
Doing it for the sake of it. Name's Vaenny, if you didn't already know (but I doubt that because it's already on the left side of this message).

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Lucky Star, Nichijou, Acchi kocchi, every KyoAni anime, Clannad, Sakurasou, Kokoro connect, Hanasaku Iroha, Oregairu and a lot more...
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Baka ga zenra, School rumble, Sket dance, and a lot more...
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Mashiro Shiina, Yui (k-on), Yui (kokoro), Yui (oregairu), and Oreki (Hyouka).

A little bit more about yourself: I love SoL anime because it teaches me life lessons. I especially like those with romance because it gets your heart beating, anticipating the next episode.

Oh, and I'm addicted to pink-haired characters. That's pretty much it.
Jan 29, 2015 11:00 AM
Feb 2014
Meh. Why not.
Username: Ryoza
Favorite Slice of Life Anime: Easily the Aria and Mushishi series.
Favorite Slive of Life Manga: Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
Favorite Slice of Life Characters: Ginko (Mushishi) and Akira E. Ferrari (Aria).

My favorite type of SoL and Anime overall is the relaxing ones, the types you could unwind to. I am however slowly moving my way up to the more traditional cute girls doing cute things type of SoL Anime. Nice meeting everybody.
Jan 29, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Username : rmadillah

My Top Favorite SoL anime : Minami-ke, K-On! and Kimi to Boku

Favorite Slice of Life manga : -

My Top Favorite SoL characters : Minami Kanna, Akiyama Mio, Onizuka Eikichi and Ujimatsu Chiya

My hobbies are watching heartwarming-drama-comedy-romance-SoL anime and singing anime songs. (lol)
I like anime music, sweets and cute stuff :3

Jan 29, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
Aight
Username: HazukashiiDesu (Kyouraku-san pre-November)
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Aria, Usagi Drop, Wolf Children
Favorite Slice of Life manga: I don't read
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Alice, Akira, Nyanko-sensei
A little bit more about yourself: I'm 19, Polish, I love listening to and making music
よろしくね
Jan 29, 2015 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Hey, Im Zoul

Favorite Sol anime: Nichijou, Anohana
Favorite character: Professor

I haven't watched anime for 14 years and just recently last month started again heh. I as well am new to internet forums and what not...well except for a pokemon battle/trade forum...nice to meet you all!
"The real nightmare continues in reality." - Carach Angren
"If I turn into 9 giant tentacles would you still love me?" -John H.
Feb 24, 2015 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
Hello I'm Gelai~ Nice to meet you all! This club seems so fun so I'll try to be active here!
Hmm my favourite SoL anime would be..: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou because it's so cute >///< (+some other animes I cba to type down XD.)
Hmm my favourite SoL manga would be... //orz. too many manga to note down~
My favourite SoL character.. I would favourite a lot but Nagase Iori (Kokoro Connect) would be my favourite character 'rn' (because thats the only one I remember 'rn' >.<)!

About me...: err, I also don't like mayonnaise!
Feb 24, 2015 12:45 PM

Oct 2010
Welcome to the club, xGelai.
I hope you enjoy your stay, and I hope we get to know you some more. :)
Feb 24, 2015 12:49 PM
Feb 2014
Welcome, xGelai.
Feb 24, 2015 12:59 PM
Nov 2014
Hi frands, I'm Milklait~

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Anohana
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Horimiya <333
Favorite Slice of Life characters: a;skdjlkf I can't choose. too much love

A little bit more about myself: eto... I'm currently in high school annd I watch anime anytime in between studying, eating, and sleeping :P I like anime graphics a lot ; o ; so much eye-candy on the internet <3
Feb 24, 2015 1:10 PM
Feb 2014
Hi milklait. Welcome to the club, I hope you have a time here.
Horimiya is such a cute Manga. ^^
Feb 26, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2014
Username: nioiri
Favorite Slice of Life anime: anohana
Favorite Slice of Life manga: hirunaka no ryuusei
Favorite Slice of Life characters: this is way too general i can't possibly choose
A little bit more about yourself: my hobbies are offering up my soul to my anime husbands and little else really
Mar 1, 2015 6:21 PM

Oct 2014
Hey everyone, I'm Alt!
Favorite SoL anime: It's pretty tough but if I had to choose a top 3 then I'd go with White Album 2, Oregairu and more recently, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Favorite SoL characters: 8-man (Oregairu), Nanami (Sakurasou) and Oreki (Hyouka).

I've got a fairly varied taste in anime but SoL is definitely one of my favorite genres. I have a thing for romance and also love shows with deep themes and intricate characters. Yoroshiku!
Mar 7, 2015 6:36 PM

Jul 2014
Username: harukanox
Favorite Slice of Life Anime: k-on series
Mar 9, 2015 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
Hi guys, my name's raiko

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Oregairu, Oreshura, oreimu and Grisaia(if it counts)

Favorite Slice of Life manga: Nisekoi!!

Favorite Slice of Life characters: Kirino kyosuke(oreimo) and Yukino Yukinoshita (oregairu)

A little bit more about yourself: Yeah well, pretty much I'm obsessed about anime. i sleep, eat and drink anime. I also egest(poop) anime as well. Im in high school, i love romance animes.(I'm ashamed, cux I'm a guy), like studying and playing basketball.

BTW: have i stressed how much i love anime?
i look forward to having a great time here!
:D
Mar 9, 2015 2:29 AM

Jul 2012
ooh i haven't done this yet

mayuka-desuuuu :>
favourite SOL anime/mangos: uchuu kyoudai, kimi to boku, shirokuma cafe, gin no saji, usagi drop and honey&clover. meganebu if that counts too. in the manga department, probably my girl. i'm a josei gal c:
characters: i love mutta from space bros, panda/mei mei from shirocafe, everyone from usagi drop, hayato from meganebu, nomiya and ayu from honey and clover.

im a first year uni student who likes animayy :') i study compsci.
Mar 9, 2015 3:37 AM

Sep 2013
Hello raiputz and mayukachan, welcome ^_^

Meganebu is even SoL tagged, so of course it counts.
Hmm, I should give Shirokuma Cafe a try soon, seeing how more and more people are talking about this show.
Mar 9, 2015 9:26 AM
Jan 2012
name's xheat :D nice to meet ya. i like very much k-on , oreimo and toradora. For manga my absolute slice of lice is genshiken. Theres not much to know about myself. i like making friends , i think...
Mar 9, 2015 9:43 AM
Jan 2015
HELLO!
Username: madharka
Favorite Slice of Life anime: NHK ni Youkoso!
Favorite Slice of Life manga: i don't read manga
Favorite Slice of Life characters: GTO
A little bit more about yourself: im 19 y/o i like anime , especially SOL with mystery or psychological elements , comedies are also alrtight
Mar 9, 2015 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
So many new people. Welcome, xheat and madharka ~

xheat15 said:
For manga my absolute slice of lice is genshiken.

You just reminded me that I want to watch the next anime seasons of this anime...

madharka said:
especially SOL with mystery or psychological elements

Yup, SoL with or without psychological elements, awesome stuff!
Mar 9, 2015 7:30 PM
Jan 2012
Thanks guys :D
Mar 10, 2015 5:15 AM
Jan 2015
Username: Solty here, and nice to meet you all.

Favorite SOL: Probably going to go with the first slice of life I watched, Kanon (2006)

A little bit more about yourself: A college student who lived as a solo otaku but decided to try and reach out to meet other people with similar interests. Forgive my cynical views.
Mar 10, 2015 12:11 PM

Mar 2015
I'm on a mission to stay active on MAL, so I'm going to do what I usually don't-- And that's posting introductions. This will be my third today, aha.

First of all, a couple of my favourite slice of life anime would be Lucky Star, Haruhi Suzumiya, and even higher on my list of favourites is Kids on the Slope/Sakamichi no Apollon. As for my favourite characters, I actually don't have any that stand out beyond Jun from Kids on the Slope.

My name is Amadeo, I'm 20 years old, and I currently live in England and have done since the age of 4. My interests include reading, writing, roleplaying, music, and drawing. I hope we all get along.
Mar 10, 2015 10:18 PM

Jan 2014
Hey, I was invited here recently, so I figured I might as well introduce myself.

• Username: VouichecWeegee
• Favorite Slice of Life anime: K-On!, Nichijou, Lucky Star
• Favorite Slice of Life manga: K-On!, Neko Kissa
• Favorite Slice of Life characters: Saitou Sumire (K-On! manga), Hakase (Nichijou), Miyuki Takara (Lucky Star), Cream Foulu (Neko Kissa)
• A little bit more about myself: I'm known in other places on the Internet as Vouivre Critique ("critical wyvern" in French). I have been limiting the amount of Slice of Life anime that I watch due to educational purposes, but I still enjoy the genre. Other interests include video games and Conceptis puzzles.
Vouichec = vwee-shek (portmanteau of vouivre and échec). You're welcome.

I write crud on https://vouivreview.wordpress.com/
Mar 10, 2015 10:51 PM

Sep 2013
It's good to see you here, VouichecWeegee (:

Conceptis puzzles, that's awesome. Please continue doing all sorts of puzzles in your free time, as they are such a nice way to keep your mind alive ~
Mar 13, 2015 4:53 AM

Mar 2014
hey! my name is rin:]
im 16 years old, my favorite slice of life anime is shigatsu wa kimi no uso <3
^waiting for the last episode^

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mar 15, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2014
Eyo Ohayou! Magical Mahou here!
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Oregairu (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Orange
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Hikigaya Hachiman, Takamiya Naho
A little bit more about yourself: I'm into indie rock and vaporwave. I hate Casual Discussion (not as a whole) and I'm on search for the PERFECT slice of life show.
Yoshino (DAL) is my waifu. Eli is my Love Live waifu. (So back away from them)

I'm in your care, SoL club :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2015 7:32 AM

May 2014
Hi, my name's Mamichou and I like watching SoL animes~

Username: Mamichou
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Natsume Yuujinchou
Favorite Slice of Life manga: I don't really read SoL mangas..
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Takashi Natsume(Natsume Yuujinchou), Hachiken(Gin no Saji)
A little bit more about yourself: I'm really quiet, and I don't know how to start a chat, I'm chubby and I'm starting to like watching animu with long episodes. c:
Mar 15, 2015 9:30 AM
Dec 2014
Hi I´m Pivvalo

I´m 21 years old and I live in Finland. I started watching anime 1 year ago and can´t stop watching.
SoL is one of my fav genres and I´v really enjoyed series like Clannad,toradora,K-on,Littlebusters etc.
At the moment I´m doing my conscription and after that I´m going to university to study psychology and becoming a teacher. I´m very athletic and I played soccer for 14 years.I´v played tons of videogames in my life (mobas,mmo´s,shooters. You name it) and even few visual novels and can´t wait to start playing the new high rated vn called Eden.Feel free to add me on Steam. I hope I´ll get to know other people here and of course have fun :)

PS. Can´t wait for second season of Nisekoi and Oregairu.
Mar 15, 2015 10:49 AM

Oct 2014
Hello hello, Pivvalo. Videogames are boss.
Mar 19, 2015 8:10 PM
Jul 2013
Hi! I'm Clanny.
I'm 17 and I like playing League of Legends and watching anime
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Clannad
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Don't really read manga so probably Usagi Drop
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Too many
Mar 20, 2015 7:32 AM
Dec 2014
Clanny said:
Hi! I'm Clanny.
I'm 17 and I like playing League of Legends and watching anime
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Clannad
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Don't really read manga so probably Usagi Drop
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Too many
LoL is awesome :)
Mar 20, 2015 3:05 PM

Oct 2014
My very first post here at MAL after like ~5 months I first joined :D

Favourite SoL anime: Gochiusa
Favourite SoL manga: Haven't read much (yet)
Favourite SoL Character: Chiya Ujimatsu

Obviously, I joined this club because Slice of Life is the best and generally gets the best ratings from me. Also, it seems quite well managed, unlike some clubs, unfortunately.

However, I spend most of my time with osu! rather than watching/reading.

PS: Please be gentle with me :'D
Mar 21, 2015 6:57 AM
Feb 2014
Welcome Clanny and Cookiemaid. Hopefully you guys have a good time here.
Mar 23, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 2015
Hey I'm new here. Sup people? :DD
[/center] [/center]
Mar 23, 2015 1:05 PM
Feb 2014
Hey, Catchthefox. Welcome.
Mar 25, 2015 11:51 AM
Nov 2014
Username: HowieCat

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Barakamon, Lucky Star

Favorite Slice of Life characters: Seishuu Handa, Konata Izumi & her cousins Yui and Yutaka
Mar 25, 2015 1:15 PM
Feb 2014
Welcome HowieCat. Barakamon is a good one. I recommend Usagi Drop if you want to watch another similar SoL.
Mar 31, 2015 7:41 PM

Aug 2013
Hello everyone, my name is Victoria/Shun. I joined this club a while ago, but didn't use the forums until today. It's nice to meet all of you, and I hope to stay interacted ^^

Favorite Slice of Life anime: Hanasaku Iroha
Favorite Slice of Life manga: N/A (I'm more of a shoujo manga type of girl.)
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Ohana (Hanasaku Iroha), Naru (Barakamon), Natsume (Natsume Yuujinchou), Nagisa (Clannad)
A little bit more about yourself: I'm a high school student that enjoys the little things in life. I prefer staying inside while watching anime, playing video games, or chatting with friends. I cry easily when it comes to emotional scenes in anime, but I love anime with serious scenes like those.
Mar 31, 2015 11:41 PM

Feb 2015
Hi guys, my name is Lucas, I'm new in this site and I'm here to meet some people and talk about anime. I'll try to be active here. D:
Username: kzo_
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Toradora!, Nichijou, Barakamon.
Favorite Slice of Life manga: -
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Tsumugi, Taiga, Nano.
A little bit more about yourself: I'm 18yo, first year univeristy student. I like playing lol and some fps and I love watching anime in my free time.
Apr 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Oct 2014
Welcome ShunKawazaki and kzo_ :D

Offtopic: Eww cats.
Apr 3, 2015 11:37 AM
Sep 2013
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I joined here since I liked SOL anime. Well to be exact I began liking them since I hate them in the past, i thought that "why watch realistic anime if I use it to quench my thirst of excitement?" But I realized that they were not like that. The were far from boring, except they reflect real life situations and shows raw emotions. Well they are not necessarily realistic at all. Some incude fantasy elements like Natsuiro Kiseki. Wait, enough of my blabb sorry.

Favorite SOL Anim: Hanasaku Iroha, Toradora, Welcome to NHK, K-on, Love Live!, Hyoukaand Your Lie in April. (They're the ones that is so memorable for me but I liked all SOL animes in my list since I complete Animes that I think can relieve my boredom and make my feels stir up.

Favorite SOL Manga: i don't read mangas sorry. But y'know "Fault in Amigara Mountain" right?

Favorite SOL Character: Minori Kushieda, Ami Kashiwara(am I right?), Oreki Houtarou, the rich girl in Hanasaku Iroha.

Little bit about myself: I like jpop, classical music (Bach and Chopin :3) , country and indie (lana, birdy, the killers).
Apr 3, 2015 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
Welcome. Glad you changed your opinion :)
Apr 4, 2015 4:23 AM

Apr 2015
Hey guys. i recently joined mal and only just started anime so i'm a bit of a n00b lol. but ye...um i enjoyed sakurasou no pet na kanojo. idk if that fits the slice of life genre but eh watevs, i liked it.
um some more info about me-I guess i didn't know i was such a sucker for romance until being exposed to anime lol :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by shiro-seishun »»
6 hours ago

» Hyouka

HIPPOcat - Dec 25, 2023

1 by shiro-seishun »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.