Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 24, 2015 8:56 PM

Jan 2015
I just finished watching Accel World today, and I was wondering if it's ever going to get a second season. I heard that Reki Kawahara said he was interested in making another one back in 2013, but Sunrise was too busy.
"It wasn't me who was wrong, it was the world."
Jan 24, 2015 8:57 PM

Jul 2011
Probably no because everyone cried about the MC's design being too realistic
Jan 24, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2009
ashbringer8 said:
I heard that Reki Kawahara said he was interested in making another one back in 2013, but Sunrise was too busy.

this is what i heard too, accel world averages 8000+ disc sales - http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view so ye a season 2 is not impossible, lets just wait for Sunrise to not get busy i guess, they still have no plans too for the sequel of Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere which sold 20,000+ on average disc per volume

but fans are waiting for both series
Jan 24, 2015 9:34 PM

Jul 2013
ashbringer8 said:
I heard that Reki Kawahara said he was interested in making another one back in 2013, but Sunrise was too busy.

He was very interested in getting it through (he's trying to get a lot of his works animated), especially because he's written 17 volumes and counting for Accel World while only 4 are animated.

It really depends. If Sunrise doesn't announce anything new and save Gintama', they seem to have roughly 1 or 2 24-25 episode airing blocks unaccounted for in 2015, and once they're done with the Love Live movie in Spring, keep your fingers crossed. Accel World Season 1 aired in April 2012 until September 2012 - there seems to be the same amount of time open for Sunrise in 2015.
Jan 25, 2015 9:02 AM

Jan 2015
Sounds good, hopefully they'll announce something in April. Hopefully they will because there are already a ton of light novels.
Jan 26, 2015 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
If they do i hope they remove the MC, or atleast put Luffy in instead. Luffy would fit better in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
Hopefully not
Jan 26, 2015 9:13 PM
Sep 2014
i hope so, sao 2 was such a letdown, let its smarter brother AW 2 restore the VR animes reputation, people hate the MC in Accel World, but guess what, i prefer Haro over that fa**** Kirito lmao what a lame pu***
Jan 26, 2015 9:34 PM

Jan 2014
Probably not. It doesn't serve as wish-fulfilment for the typical otaku. They don't like the mirror that reflects their soul, then crushes it with the impossible.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 27, 2015 7:36 AM
Sep 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Probably not. It doesn't serve as wish-fulfilment for the typical otaku. They don't like the mirror that reflects their soul, then crushes it with the impossible.

yet, there are some anime there that had lower sales than AW and they got a second season or more, Reki said that he wants to make a second season and i believe that he'll do it when the opportunity is there
Jan 27, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2015
That's true, a lot of other anime didn't have the best sales but we're continued anyway.
Since Reki is interested in animating it, I'm sure he is going to try his best to make it happen.
Hopefully we'll see it around April or later this year.
Jan 28, 2015 11:36 PM

Aug 2013
So judging from what everyone is saying on here, and from the discussions from Reki said himself, it's not a matter of if, but when.

I mean, it'll be 3 years old this spring. But there are sales, demand, and interest from both the creator and the studio, just no time to spend on the project.

There was a solid 2 years between SAO seasons. Shit, look at Durarara. Though I will say if it does happen, I think it would have to happen soon. I would have to guess sometime in 2015.

3 years is kind of the limit for long stretches between seasons. Durarara is basically the exception. Attack on Titan season 2 will be in 2016 so that's another show with a solid 3 year gap.

Basically f we don't even get an announcement in 2015, then I wouldn't expect a second season to happen.
Feb 11, 2015 6:53 PM
Jan 2015
We really need more Silver crow upgrades and a fight with the freaking Blue King
#AWS2HYPE
Feb 15, 2015 12:51 PM

Oct 2007
KYPRIME said:
RedRoseFring said:

yet, there are some anime there that had lower sales than AW and they got a second season or more, Reki said that he wants to make a second season and i believe that he'll do it when the opportunity is there

It's not a matter of sales, it's a matter of studio M.O. Accel World was actually a pretty solid seller by anime standards and pretty close to the 10K mark if I recall and caused the LN to become the second best selling one next to SAO in the year it was released. I don't know where people keep getting this idea that it was a horrible seller or unpopular or something.

It's literally just the fact that Sunrise Studio 8 has it's own mammoth franchise in Love Live that is several magnitudes more popular than just about anything else out there right now in the Japanese anime scene and that they don't like doing adaptations anyway if they can avoid it. They were even approached by Dengeki Bunko to do a second season and turned it down so not much that can be done about it. I mean what's the point of doing jobs that primarily benefit someone else's popular IPs when you have your own that you can be pursuing or trying to generate new ones.
Mar 17, 2015 5:54 PM
Jan 2014
Personally I don't get why everyone complains about Haru, Accel World was my first anime and one of my favorites to this day. I find Haru a very good MC, i hated SAO because the main character is so OP i got bored almost instantly.

then again i have not read the LN/Manga so i guess i cant really judge.
I hope Accel World gets a season 2 though.
Apr 5, 2015 9:14 PM
Dec 2014
no your actually right kirito is OP and it very boring they only reason people love is because is a dirty face bishoune and there are idiots out there that love that they can,t tell quality form there ass and its very sad the last place I thought people would have shallow minds is in the anime community ...guess not
Apr 5, 2015 11:01 PM
Aug 2012
Accel world characters are so more interesting and realistic than SAO. Does anyone know if the first season sellings were good enough for a second season?
Apr 6, 2015 12:05 AM
Dec 2014
jirico said:
Accel world characters are so more interesting and realistic than SAO. Does anyone know if the first season sellings were good enough for a second season?
it sold 8k which i think sold more then high school dxd new but i hop some else can clear that one up
Apr 6, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
lord23 said:
jirico said:
it sold 8k which i think sold more then high school dxd new but i hop some else can clear that one up

i posted a source for the disc sales numbers in my previous reply on this thread
Apr 6, 2015 4:30 AM
Dec 2014
j0x said:
lord23 said:

i posted a source for the disc sales numbers in my previous reply on this thread
oh good so season 2 is possible i guess we will find out this summer ?then since the only have love live the movie to work on right ?
Apr 6, 2015 4:42 AM
Dec 2014
wait so the first season of jormungand only made 3,947 ? how did it still get a second season ? i love the show still but how ? Kakumeiki Valvrave was another anime by sunrise and the first season only did 6,039 UH HOW IN THE HELL DID IT GET A SECOND SEASON ? ps it was a 2013 anime
Apr 9, 2015 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
The main reason Accel World season 2 isn't here yet is because the production studio, Sunrise 7, is apparently currently busy with Love Live (the film of which is coming out this June, I think). That was confirmed at Anime Expo 2014. I'd look forward to any announcements after the Love Live film is released.

Also, Love Live makes truckloads more money than anything, so don't get your hopes too high. However, Reki Kawahara (author of AW) did say he'll try to get S2 through, as he really wants another season.
Apr 9, 2015 9:54 PM

Jan 2009
lord23 said:
wait so the first season of jormungand only made 3,947 ? how did it still get a second season ? i love the show still but how ? Kakumeiki Valvrave was another anime by sunrise and the first season only did 6,039 UH HOW IN THE HELL DID IT GET A SECOND SEASON ? ps it was a 2013 anime

Jormungand and Valvrave are what they call split-cours, meaning they intentionally divided the series to 2 seasons, so they already have a budget for 2 seasons in the first place unlike Accel World
Apr 10, 2015 11:43 PM
Dec 2014
j0x said:
lord23 said:

Jormungand and Valvrave are what they call split-cours, meaning they intentionally divided the series to 2 seasons, so they already have a budget for 2 seasons in the first place unlike Accel World
okay i found it strange the sold less then accel world and got a second part plus i am wondering Reki Kawahara has not released volume 18 of accel world and volume 16 of SAO do think at this moment he is trying the push a season 2 of accel world ps I have not been following him lately so am wondering if has been silent this whole year 0f 2015 just to surprises us at the end of summer dose that make any sense ?
Apr 10, 2015 11:52 PM
Dec 2014
wait
j0x said:
lord23 said:

wait what about Log Horizon it only made 4,013 and it was two cours right ? yet it some how got another season not form the same studio tho but another season nonetheless it did less then Accel world form what I am looking at
Apr 24, 2015 8:13 AM
Dec 2014
I really hope we hear something on fall of 2015 since that the last chance we have to hear about the second season form reki since he and hes producer kinda give us unofficial YES
Apr 24, 2015 11:47 PM
Sep 2014
lord23 said:
I really hope we hear something on fall of 2015 since that the last chance we have to hear about the second season form reki since he and hes producer kinda give us unofficial YES

the english translation from yenpress for the light novels/manga will reach the anime in july so at least we'll have those to see how the story continues
Apr 24, 2015 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
A man can dream.
Apr 24, 2015 11:50 PM

Feb 2013
hopefully, though it's been a while

Apr 25, 2015 1:51 PM
Dec 2014
KYPRIME said:
lord23 said:

the english translation from yenpress for the light novels/manga will reach the anime in july so at least we'll have those to see how the story continues
has anyone asked reki in his twitter if there has bean any progress on the status of the Accel world anime ?
May 4, 2015 6:10 AM

Nov 2014
lord23 said:
KYPRIME said:

has anyone asked reki in his twitter if there has bean any progress on the status of the Accel world anime ?
I would definitely want to know too, I really want season 2...
May 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2015
still hoping for a season 2
Jun 10, 2015 12:36 AM
Aug 2014
Accel world is actually better than SAO .-.
Jun 13, 2015 1:35 PM
Jun 2015
1Conan said:
Accel world is actually better than SAO .-.

Yup..!!
Jun 25, 2015 7:07 AM

Jun 2015
defan752 said:
The main reason Accel World season 2 isn't here yet is because the production studio, Sunrise 7, is apparently currently busy with Love Live (the film of which is coming out this June, I think). That was confirmed at Anime Expo 2014. I'd look forward to any announcements after the Love Live film is released.

Also, Love Live makes truckloads more money than anything, so don't get your hopes too high. However, Reki Kawahara (author of AW) did say he'll try to get S2 through, as he really wants another season.

Yeah, you're right... what about Anime EXPO 2015? News?
The movie of Love Live has been released on the 13th June, but we have no announcements so far...
I'm afraid they're releasing a spin-off of Love Live and we'll have to wait longer (and longer...) But I don't lose hope because as you said Reki wants another season and at the end of the first season they introduced new characters... they can't abandon the project :P
Jun 25, 2015 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
HaruAritaDDR99 said:
defan752 said:

Yeah, you're right... what about Anime EXPO 2015? News?
The movie of Love Live has been released on the 13th June, but we have no announcements so far...
I'm afraid they're releasing a spin-off of Love Live and we'll have to wait longer (and longer...) But I don't lose hope because as you said Reki wants another season and at the end of the first season they introduced new characters... they can't abandon the project :P

Unfortunately, it's not too much about Reki wants, and more about whether the anime will make money or not. It's harder to market something when it gets further into the storyline, which is why you don't see S3 often, even for highly popular series like Haruhi and Index.

Now, S2 is slightly different, but it does require a very high popularity. Accel World was far overshadowed by Sword Art Online, which happened to be airing at the same time (unfortunately for Accel World). SAO blasted AW out of the water in terms of viewership.

As for Sunrise, they will continue to milk Love Live for as long as they can, and you can pry it out of their cold, dead hands. Love Live has been the biggest money-spinner for them in a while and they're likely not going to "waste time" making S2 of an averagely-appreciated anime.
Aug 9, 2016 1:29 AM
Aug 2016
I want season 2 so bad!
Sep 26, 2016 10:35 AM
May 2016
Tried to watch 1st episode....No second season...ploxxxx!!!
Nov 26, 2016 6:56 AM
失礼、噛みました

Oct 2016
Any news about season 2? I know it has been 4 years so I'm losing hope, but it's not gone yet :)
Dec 31, 2016 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
I'm almost halfway in this show is so much better than SAO, I want to see a season 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.