Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 27, 2009 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
When Hei meant everything could be used as a weapon, he wasn't kidding!
He is like McGyver, only with weapons.
Nov 27, 2009 1:42 PM

Oct 2008
Really good ep I think

I laughed (Hei's huge free meal), I cried (Tanya's death), I got down wit my bad self (good music lol)!
Nov 27, 2009 1:42 PM

Oct 2008
WhyGodWhy said:
Anyone slow down the video to the proper speed to catch who Misaki heard on the tape at the end of the episode?

I didn't. Was it Amber?

ALSO LMFAO, WHAT IS WITH THE ART IN THIS SCENE. Kirihara looks so deformed.
arisudollNov 27, 2009 2:21 PM
Nov 27, 2009 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
bakuramariks said:
I think i saw the old Hei 0_0. No beard, no long hair.
Don't mind his S02 look (except for the beard), but i'll be glad if my eyes didn't fail me and the old Hei's look is back ^_^.
Totally, his ponytail looks so good on him it is criminal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2009 2:41 PM

Jan 2008
Nov 27, 2009 2:54 PM
Jun 2008
=(
It was so sad Tanya's death
But I guess it was unavoidable.
Even though I wish they would make up and be friends again! XD

And like always: Can't wait for the next one!
Nov 27, 2009 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
bakuramariks said:
I think i saw the old Hei 0_0. No beard, no long hair.
Don't mind his S02 look (except for the beard), but i'll be glad if my eyes didn't fail me and the old Hei's look is back ^_^.
Totally, his ponytail looks so good on him it is criminal.
Same feelings here, just wished with all these hints Hei's power was to come back! Guess not but once again the eating, the look on the power lines and his looks point out old Hei coming back so I can't wait!
Cebola92 said:
=(
It was so sad Tanya's death
But I guess it was unavoidable.
Even though I wish they would make up and be friends again! XD

And like always: Can't wait for the next one!

Same wish here, that hug was the best proof I could give with the time she had her eyes here
until that (insert the worst insult here) guy called her on the ear phone and she came back to being brainwashed. At least she is with Nika somewhere in the afterworld...
francismeunierNov 27, 2009 3:35 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 27, 2009 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
poor Tanya... she almost had a little emotion back. so the professor and Shion are manipulating everything behind the scenes there. I was hoping we wouldn't get that crappy detective back oh well.
Nov 27, 2009 3:43 PM
Jan 2009
Aaaaah darn it, the plot's getting crazy.
Nov 27, 2009 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
Gai is coming back! YES! XD
Nov 27, 2009 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
mystik said:
poor Tanya... she almost had a little emotion back. so the professor and Shion are manipulating everything behind the scenes there. I was hoping we wouldn't get that crappy detective back oh well.
What's wrong with the crappy detective? It was nice little part....

Nov 27, 2009 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
OMG. Pinky and weird detective dude is in the next episode!
...that was the first thing that made me drop my jaw.

But Tanya dying also made me go "OMG." (^^;)
It made me kinda sad that Tanya could only remember her feelings...
"she likes to eat mp3 players."
-it's an inside joke-
Nov 27, 2009 5:10 PM

Apr 2007
wtf?
This ep was feeling all cheesy until BOOM kill main cheesy character?
Now what?
4 eps left and we get "Retarded police officer" next ep -_-"
It'd better be worth it!

Nov 27, 2009 5:15 PM
Jun 2009
Decent episode I guess. Good to finally see some references to the story from the first season (Misaki with that recorder) and they're bringing back that detective, meaning that there'll probably be some more pointless time wasting comic relief, but since there's only 4 episodes left... I wish the story was more fast-paced... it feels slow compared to the first season.. and I hope thats the old Hei with short hair that I saw in the preview.
0neocNov 27, 2009 5:18 PM
Nov 27, 2009 5:28 PM

Sep 2008
I have quite a few mixed feelings about this episode. On one hand Hei went back to his ultra eating of food =D haha, but on the other hand... The whole Tanya thing I didn't really like >_<

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew where Misaki's recorder was from? It sounded sooooooo familiar but I just can't pin it to anything atm! Also who's voice was that at the end when she sped through it??
Nov 27, 2009 5:33 PM

Feb 2009
Does Tanya control roaches or does she create them from thin air? If it's the former case, then that's one dirty city and train.

Anyway Suou proves again that she's useless in this show beside giving us sailor moon transformation sequences. Good to see Hei's appetite back though. I almost felt compassion for that Russian dude too when he got killed, at least he died without regrets.

With only 4 episodes left I have no idea how they're gonna wrap this up. And I still want to see Yin for real. -.- (But I guess I'll have to wait for the OVAs instead)

Max-Power said:
Also, I was wondering if anyone knew where Misaki's recorder was from? It sounded sooooooo familiar but I just can't pin it to anything atm!
I think it was in DtB's last episode, when her director was revealing everything to her (about the Syndicate and all) after failing to destroy all contractors with that canon (or whatever it is).
AlexstratzNov 27, 2009 5:36 PM
Nov 27, 2009 5:39 PM

Oct 2008
Alexstratz said:
Anyway Suou proves again that she's useless in this show beside giving us sailor moon transformation sequences. Good to see Hei's appetite back though. I almost felt compassion for that Russian dude too when he got killed, at least he died without regrets.

FINALLY, somebody who understands how I feel regarding Suou. B| I even agree about the Russian dude. 8( I was more sad about his death than Tanya's lmao.
Nov 27, 2009 5:40 PM

Nov 2007
Wonder what Misaki found out at the end there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 27, 2009 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
Why the hell are they bringing back the retard detective for?

I'm wondering that myself. We don't have much episodes to waste. Hope there is a good reason.

Anyway does Shion have the same ability as Suou or did he just use a similar gun? But my biggest question is how the hell did he knew that they would end up there so he can sit with a gun? The train could have stop sooner or later if Hei reacted a minute earlier or later and Suou could have run to a completely different direction.

Hei ordered half the food on the train. Now pay the bill you annoying Russian, that will teach you not to ambush me next time.
Still have no idea what that blond lady is all about and Yin can kill contractors with there own powers. Should i expect that this strange power up of Yin will be explained in the OVA's on the DVD?

Bug girl is dead and am happy. I hate bugs. Cockroaches? That's the most disgusting thing ever. You were a nice girl as a human but completely disgusting as a contractor. Stay dead.
Did Hei really not realized that Suou didn't shoot, or is he playing with her head?
Nov 27, 2009 6:21 PM

Apr 2008
I kinda liked Tanya after awhile...oh well. Good episode, as usual.
Nov 27, 2009 6:36 PM
Dec 2008
I don't really give a fuck about Tanya, but when she smiled there reminiscing the good times she had, that totally made me care a bit for her. I'm disappointed she died easily, that was a good shot though.

lol preview. looks like the detective is back. Not really a fan of the detective himself, but his secretary(?) amuses me XD. Also it looks like Hei groomed himself btw
Nov 27, 2009 6:55 PM

Jan 2009
good to see hei eating unreal amounts of food again :D

the next episode looks...somewhat promising.
Nov 27, 2009 7:03 PM

Feb 2009
First time you see Hei eat as much as he does in season 1 xD
Nov 27, 2009 7:20 PM

Sep 2009
Shat myself when I realized that Suou didn't actually shoot and it was Shion. That sneaky little glass-eyed bastard. Both deaths were pretty depressing this episode, and I'm not caring for the return of the moron detective duo.

At least the trailer for next episode involved some Hei rescuing Suou from Hazuki, meaning there'll be a bit of action to look forward to while we wade through the detective bits next ep.

The trailer has sparked a bit of discourse in me, though. We're past halfway through the series and we have more questions than we know what to do with, yet they're throwing in the detectives?? I'm beginning to doubt whether DTB's writers are even awake when they're coming up with this.

I really hope those two are plot crucial somehow. Either that, or the writers are really trying their best to introduce as much vague material while inadvertently avoiding explaining all of it.

Furthermore; this season still needs more zapping. Hei should just ask someone to jump him with their car battery already.
Nov 27, 2009 7:40 PM
Dec 2008
JonathanDC said:

At least the trailer for next episode involved some Hei rescuing Suou from Hazuki, meaning there'll be a bit of action to look forward to while we wade through the detective bits next ep.

nah it ain't suou; She's with 'em detective guys. If you look closely it's actually Hei kidnapping Hazuki's bitch (forgot the name)
Nov 27, 2009 7:42 PM

Oct 2008
OftheFlesh said:
JonathanDC said:

nah it ain't suou; She's with 'em detective guys. If you look closely it's actually Hei kidnapping Hazuki's bitch (forgot the name)

Yoko?
Nov 27, 2009 7:47 PM

Apr 2009
Was not expecting Shion to have been the one to shot Tanya. But hey, whatever works. Im curious as too what they are up too.

I want Hei to get his powers back..And cut his hair.
Nov 27, 2009 7:54 PM

Feb 2008
OftheFlesh said:
I don't really give a fuck about Tanya, but when she smiled there reminiscing the good times she had, that totally made me care a bit for her. I'm disappointed she died easily, that was a good shot though.

I agree. And I totally wasn't expecting Shion, woah. o_o Seems like we'll see Gai again, which I wonder WHY the heck would they do that when they only have 4 episodes left?? xD
ScarletApplesNov 27, 2009 8:07 PM
Nov 27, 2009 7:55 PM

Jul 2008
I LOLed when Hei ordered those massive plates of food haha ^_^
Looks like Hei will be off screen for a while, then reappearing to save someone's ass (Suou). Which i think Hei saves her from that lady that can turn a wooden SHinai into a Lightsaber XDD (Forgot her name)
Anyways..That ANNOYING pink-haired girl and that shitty detective is back...
I think guys (and girls) we should prepare for one of the worst episodes of season 2 coming up >_<

I'm sure everyone agrees: We all miss Hei's Power T___T He still owns without powers...but not as AWESOME as his original power ^_^w0000t

Till then...I have to survive another week of school to see the next episode (sigh)
Nov 27, 2009 8:32 PM
Nov 2009
finally Shion is stepping into the game, i've been waiting forever!!!

Nov 27, 2009 8:55 PM

Oct 2009
Seriously what in the world is a pink haired want to be magical girl with a costume doing in the next episode? I hope the detective gives out some information but the pink haired girl is......O_o

Nov 27, 2009 8:56 PM

Sep 2009
scandal said:
OftheFlesh said:
JonathanDC said:

Yoko?

Aye, I mistook her for Suou somehow. Didn't see much hair, so I based it on the petite body size. I went back and looked, saw brownish hair. Mah baaaad.

I was wondering how if that was Suou how she got into another mess. Makes more sense this way. And will also help drive the plot; I think that that chick in particular knows a fair amount. Meaning Hei's going to have some fun information gathering time soon. *is looking forward to some torture* >:D
Nov 27, 2009 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
I'm guessing Suou shares Shion's powers like Hei does with his sister.

This was an ok episode that seemed a little out of place so late in the game. Also, there was something about the way the episode was done that made it feel cheap. Not sure what it was, though.
Nov 27, 2009 9:37 PM

Aug 2008
I'm kind of sad that Tanya died. I was hoping they would give her more screentime and more character development between her and Suou. But I guess that was a good way to kill her off (to have the two stare at each other and suddenly remembering each others' friendship).

I don't mind the stupid detective being back, but I'm curious how they will end this, since it is ending soon. I bet the new bad guys (Yoko and a few others?) will get killed off in two seconds the next time they meet with Hei.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 27, 2009 9:55 PM

Oct 2009
Does anyone notice in the preview that Hei finally had his hair cut and shaved his beard?
Look carefully at this picture:

Cheers, everyone, our beloved handsome Hei is BACK! :D
Nov 27, 2009 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Is there anyone who also wonders why Suou walked away like nothing happened after Tanya died? She is a contractor to care much about a random corpse floating in a swim pool?

And is there anyone who also wonders why nobody, neither Suou nor Hei, showed the slightest feeling of danger when Tanya was just shot dead right in front of their eyes by an, to them, unknown third party? It is obvious there was a sniper around and he could shoot anyone he wished to.
Oh but maybe Suou and Hei already heard its Shion from the anime producer, so no wonder they didnt take the death seriously.

This 2nd season is a fail to me.
Nov 27, 2009 10:05 PM

May 2009
With only a handful of episodes left I'm a little worried about how this will come together in the end. RIP Tanya. There are worst ways to die btw, just ask Nika.
Nov 27, 2009 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
ArcticMech said:
With only a handful of episodes left I'm a little worried about how this will come together in the end. RIP Tanya. There are worst ways to die btw, just ask Nika.

Just ask the guy on the toilet in the previous episode.
Nov 27, 2009 10:31 PM
Jul 2008
Honestly I'm wondering if Hei actually ever lost his powers, like he hardly ever uses them in the first place since he's good without his powers. I laughed when Hei ordered all that food, I don't think Suou has seen him eat like that yet.

This CANNOT afford a filler. WHY??? The episode better explain stuff or advance the plot. A 12-ep anime with barely half the story covered (I mean, they just got to tokyo.) should make use of the 4 eps left. Otherwise it's going to be a rushed ending, unless they give us a surprise extension or something.
Nov 27, 2009 11:25 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Man, I didn't see Tanya's death coming.

Nov 27, 2009 11:45 PM

Oct 2009
Based on the subs...Madame Oreille saying something about Memory of the Future so is it safe to say that Shion can manipulate the future by seeing memories of it himself or see the future itself. If so then can I assume that he saw that his father would be killed and made someone look like him....saw that Tanya would kill Suou and killed her? Also Ilya killed the daughter of that guy.....nice insult I did to him putting a pic of him dead...serves him right in episode 7 to be killed like that by Hei....child killer sick person.
noteDhero said:
I'm guessing Suou shares Shion's powers like Hei does with his sister.
That's extra apart from what I have said above. That I also agree but then his price is still the same....does he really share only or can he copy other powers?
francismeunierNov 27, 2009 11:50 PM

Nov 27, 2009 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
you know, everytime I watch the opening when the chorus starts you see nika and tanya and the other kids playing happily, now I think that that isn't going to happen.

You kids begging for screen time for yin should think if that is reasonable. as of now yin is stuffed in a huge metal box, even if they stuck a camera in there it would be really dark you are not going to see anything.
Nov 28, 2009 12:01 AM
Aug 2009
I wonder what would happen if

Amber, Yin, Misaki, and Suou were locked in a room with Hei.

:o

x0utmyheartNov 28, 2009 12:09 AM
Nov 28, 2009 12:08 AM

Oct 2009
x0utmyheart said:

I know..........orgy!

Nov 28, 2009 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
This episode isn't such a power episode like episode 6 was but it was amazing on it's own.

Hei is just awesome, he can use anything as a weapon even without his contractor powers. It made me happy to see that the old Hei is starting to come back (i.e. his appetite XD) and that the chance of him getting a shave is nearing. Oh lol~

On Suou and Tanya, their friendship is really cool and all but all is fair in love and war,and I pity Tanya so much not because she died but because she died with too much regrets - half of which she doesn't even recognize due to her being a contractor. Now it's clear that Shion and Mr. Pavlichenko (sp?) are alive and still helping Suou in the end.

What makes me curious in this episode is what Misaki discovered at the end. Surely it wasn't made for us to hint up so maybe in the next episode we'll figure it out? Oh and look, detective guy is back. Oh boy, not this again. Hoping for comedy though :P
Animanga Blog: -ALPHANoX- PROJECT
Like anime, manga, otome games or other fandom? Then why not join me in -A-P and be one of the co-authors? ;D PM me if interested xDD♥

Love me, Hate me, I don't care as long as you're with me
Nov 28, 2009 12:39 AM

Nov 2009
Ok so me and a friend of mine where having a long discussion about the New season of Darker than black the other day. And given the pacing of the show so far his theory seems reasonable. The show is going to end on a weird note with no real climax and no questions answered. Leaving the audience generally going WTF? Then the OVA's will start, bridging the gap between the 1 and 2 seasons. It will also build suspense and excitement because it will heavily hint at more episodes. Then when the OVA's are over the studio will announce that there is in fact a second part to the season that will begin at the end of the OVA's. With the studio using the OVA's as a way of generating popularity to the series. And there will be much rejoicing.
Nov 28, 2009 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
Yes, I'm so glad that Tanya died. She was too much.
And Hei ate so much like the first season. That was really good to see.
Shioun is alive with he's father? I knew that. I just can't wait to see when Suou is going to meet them.
One person I really miss is Goran. No more.. And yes. Huang ofc.
NOOOO! Kurasawa is back. I just can't stand this guy. He can be fun at some parts, but mostly annoying and boring. He ruins the whole series.

And I finally know exactly what Izanami is.
Nov 28, 2009 1:14 AM
Mar 2009
This was an okay episode, but besides Tanya getting killed by Suou's brother, nothing really much happened. But with Hei and Suou splitting up, I can already see where this is going.
Nov 28, 2009 1:56 AM
Jul 2009
where is this going to end up?
Nov 28, 2009 2:19 AM

Jun 2008
x0utmyheart said:

lol...
that was funny ^^

btw, MISAKI FTW!!!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.