Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2015 12:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great duel. Loved how Yuya used a combination with his Pendulum scale effects with a fusion combo to bring out a different variant of Odd Eyes.

Yuuya's change kinda surprised me this episode after his lf went to 100..

That voice and skill. Wow. I wonder if he will duel like this later on. Based XYZ Rebellion Dragon.
Jan 18, 2015 1:41 AM
Dec 2008
The part when Yuto possessed Yuya literally gave me the shivers.
I expected that he would use Dark Rebellion, but wow, the execution of it all, it was simply brilliant.
Jan 18, 2015 1:44 AM

Nov 2012
so the duel is over in 1 episode? good
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 18, 2015 2:06 AM
Jun 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
so the duel is over in 1 episode? good
yes and next episode we will finally see fusion yuzu in person and not just cameo
Jan 18, 2015 7:30 AM

Oct 2014
better than the duel at the end of the last episode at least
Jan 18, 2015 8:07 AM
Aug 2014
The Duel seemed a bit uneventful to me (despite Kachidoki literally beating up Yuya). Yuya really dragged out the episode by continuing trying to find Action Magic only to have Kachidoki use it to strengthen his monster.

However, things took a drastic change when Yuto appeared. I was hoping to see Yuto again in the future, but the way he appeared in this duel really surprised me! (In a good way) Just like how the audience reacted, I also sat there speechless. Yuto really put up an ominous tone the atmosphere.

I found it interesting that Yuya didn't seemed surprised that he "woke up" as the winner. Does that mean that he was aware of what was going on? This seems similar to Yugi and Yami Yugi's situation back in the original series.

I hope we see Kachidoki again. We got some very small backstory, which means they might expand on it later on. His deck seems powerful, but we didn't get to see much of it.
Jan 19, 2015 5:22 AM

Jun 2010
It was kinda obvious Dark Rebellion will appear the moment he sent a second level 4 into his Extra Deck hahaha. Great duel nevertheless
Jan 19, 2015 7:54 PM
Sep 2012
Wow what an episode, just me but it seemed who ever wrote has been watching The Karate Kid movies, ha ha. The Martial Arts duel school teacher reminds me of the the jerk sensei trope.

Anyway it started like a typical Yuya duel, Yuya trying to teach Isao the art of dueling for fun, but boy did it take a dark turn.

I don't know what happened, but it looks like Yuya and Yuto fused, I wonder if Yugo and Yuyi are able to fuse, perhaps we will see that. I know Yuto was trying to help, but boy did he cause trouble for Yuya, not the first time that has happened, I mean it is because of Yuto's actions that lead to LDS almost taking over You Show. But yeah just imagine if Yuyi fused with Yuya.

I don't know what this compares to with in Yu-GI-Oh!, but for me it reminds me of Hollow Ichigo in Bleach, I mean having no self control when an outside force takes over and have no idea what you are doing.

Anyway great episode, can't wait to see what comes from this. Next week it is Yuzu turn to duel and hopefully she continues to look strong and be one of the best Yu-Gi-Oh! female leads ever. Not hard to top the last female duel, she may have already done more than Kotori did in all of Zexal. Also Reiji is going to duel finally, it is always an event when he duels. So look forward to that and see who this other Yuzu is.
Jan 19, 2015 9:13 PM
Jul 2010
Wow, I was going to hate this episode until the last part where Yuto possessed Yuya. Seriously why doesn't this show revolve around Yuto!

"Dueling should be fun" is Judai's thing. Yuya needs a new writer for his speeches.
Jan 19, 2015 9:37 PM

May 2012
Now transform into the Synchro Yuuya version.... I assume by the end of this tv show, Yuuya will be performing every kind of special summoning, maybe except for ritual summoning.
Jan 20, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
Now Yuuya descend into Haou begin.

Anyway a little speculation here. Professor say that Yuzu is the fourth piece that he need so it must mean that he already have Ruri and Synchro Yuzu in his hand. I guess their bracelet is some sort of key to unlock the power of that Momentum like device.

Oh yeah Yubel say that there is 12 dimensions out there. So maybe all of it are connected. So far what I know is Dark World, Spirit World, Standard, Fusion Dimension(maybe this is including DM through 5D's), XYZ Dimension(Zexal World), Synchro Dimension(Zone timeline maybe?), Astral World, Barian World. That's 8 out of 12.
NeoAnkaraJan 20, 2015 4:58 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 20, 2015 8:09 AM

Jul 2010
Yuuya looks like Jaden's dark-self, scary.
Jan 20, 2015 8:50 AM
Mar 2013
I thought it was pretty stupid how everyone is acting afraid of Yuya or upset with him, when all the guy did was Xyz Summon, use it's effect and attack. Yeah Yuya had this atmosphere about himself at the time, but that's not anywhere near as bad as what his opponent was doing or what happened in Sora and Shun's match. And it's not like Yuya was torturing his opponent either. It was a good episode, but I didn't like that part. I'm not thrilled by the next episode preview dialog, they're making it look like a big deal even though Yuya did nothing wrong (the fact he's even blaming himself is dumb).
RoychopJan 21, 2015 6:21 AM
Jan 21, 2015 6:45 AM

Nov 2014
Seriously. Kachidoki's "Wait! If they don't have any levels, aren't they level 0?" phrase really made me laugh! And I thought Kachidoki Isao was the runner up from last year's tournament. Dumb reasoning there.
Jan 21, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Kuroko was pretty pissed this episode.
Jan 21, 2015 4:30 PM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
That was violent ...
And powerful ...
Jan 22, 2015 6:43 PM

May 2009
I didn't like Kachidoki's Dueling. It's just a children's card game. What happened to Yuya though was pretty cool. I wonder if the same thing will happen if he obtains Synchro Dragon (Yuugo) and 'Fusion Dragon' (Yuuri). I can't wait for the next episode with the Fusion Yuzu - I'm just guessing. I hope it's Ruri.
Jan 24, 2015 10:37 PM

May 2008
nikko0906 said:
Seriously. Kachidoki's "Wait! If they don't have any levels, aren't they level 0?" phrase really made me laugh! And I thought Kachidoki Isao was the runner up from last year's tournament. Dumb reasoning there.

I actually vary like this line. First time when XYZ is come to this game so many player think the same.
Jan 29, 2015 1:58 PM
Nov 2013
Roychop said:
I thought it was pretty stupid how everyone is acting afraid of Yuya or upset with him, when all the guy did was Xyz Summon, use it's effect and attack. Yeah Yuya had this atmosphere about himself at the time, but that's not anywhere near as bad as what his opponent was doing or what happened in Sora and Shun's match. And it's not like Yuya was torturing his opponent either. It was a good episode, but I didn't like that part. I'm not thrilled by the next episode preview dialog, they're making it look like a big deal even though Yuya did nothing wrong (the fact he's even blaming himself is dumb).

People did react to Shun and Sora but then again that's their first appearance they didn't know what to expect.

Yuya is the fame entertainer that dueled in a national duel and is always making making people smile especially after his battle with Sawarti (butchered the name). It's like seeing your favorite, light hearted entertainer, begin to beat up a co-woker or smash an instrument. If some random person you don't know doesn't something vile you avoid them.....if it's someone you look up too the feeling changes.
Feb 1, 2015 10:28 AM

Mar 2010
So full contact violence is allowed in the battle it seems. What I wonder is how far can you push it? Can you break your opponents arms? Can you poke his eyes out? Can you crush his windpipe?

NeoAnkara said:
I guess their bracelet is some sort of key to unlock the power of that Momentum like device.

It's not Momentum. It's MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMENTUM!
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Mar 9, 2015 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
Oh I like crazy eyed Yuuya.
Seems he doesnt hold true to his entertainment dueling when he's in that mode though.
May 24, 2015 11:52 PM
May 2015
Roychop said:

I agree that he did nothing wrong and that he shouldn't be blaming himself. He should still be worried though. I mean, as badass as it was he still lost control of his body or personality. If that happened to me i'd be scared as hell wondering wtf is wrong with me.
Jun 7, 2015 5:08 PM

Apr 2007
I like them crazy eyes, but the hair flowing up looks retarded. At least we already have an idea of what happened with Yuto and Yugo's glowing eyes.
Jun 22, 2015 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
Kachidoki's dueling style was really enjoyable, to be honest. It was ruthless and discourteous, but it was a much more feasible use of the Action Card system than anything else that's been shown. Making sure your opponent can't obtain any Action Cards and stealing them for yourself, even using their unlimited access to your benefit by building up to an OTK; he basically found an enormous flaw in the Action Card system and used it to his benefit. Considering how ridiculous the very idea of Action Duels is and how the Action Card system itself is super inconsistent and can be pretty unbalanced, it was refreshing seeing someone acknowledge the flaws in the system and abuse the hell out of them for their own benefit.

I also like how this duel kept with the tone of the duels growing more and more into actual battles, just in a different way (with Kachidoki's background and style). It easily could have just been another random duel with which to fill time, but the show used it to its benefit to further what it's trying to do. I really appreciate that.

Even though it was really short and to-the-point, this was probably one of my favorite duels of the show.
Jul 13, 2015 4:24 PM
Jun 2013
zacrathedemon5 said:
Kachidoki's dueling style was really enjoyable, to be honest. It was ruthless and discourteous, but it was a much more feasible use of the Action Card system than anything else that's been shown. Making sure your opponent can't obtain any Action Cards and stealing them for yourself, even using their unlimited access to your benefit by building up to an OTK; he basically found an enormous flaw in the Action Card system and used it to his benefit. Considering how ridiculous the very idea of Action Duels is and how the Action Card system itself is super inconsistent and can be pretty unbalanced, it was refreshing seeing someone acknowledge the flaws in the system and abuse the hell out of them for their own benefit.

I also like how this duel kept with the tone of the duels growing more and more into actual battles, just in a different way (with Kachidoki's background and style). It easily could have just been another random duel with which to fill time, but the show used it to its benefit to further what it's trying to do. I really appreciate that.

Even though it was really short and to-the-point, this was probably one of my favorite duels of the show.

agree.
Jul 13, 2015 4:27 PM
Jun 2013
I liked how that guy started getting the action cards. I'm so bored of this cookie cutter "entertainment" dueling it was good to see them throw in a little edge.

The crowd's reaction at the end was the dumbest thing I've seen all day. So they are afraid because...wait for it...Yuya played a new monster and attacked... I hope he gets possessed every episode lol this was one of his better duels imo
Jan 15, 2018 12:28 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
WHAT A REAL EPIC MOMENT TO SEE YUYA USE DARK REBELLION DRAGON !!!!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 5, 2019 8:11 AM

Feb 2014
XYZ Rebellion Dragon so fucking cool, make me wants to start playing the card game again but with XYZ monsters now.
Apr 1, 6:19 AM
Jan 2019
When the audience was laughing at Yuya when he had leaves in his mouth they started to sound like Nazi Zombies from COD: WAW.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.