Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2015 5:15 PM
Feb 2014
I find it horrifying to know that Decim made a mistake... It's actually a little disappointing.

I knew Machiko was lying, and I was a bit unsure about the affair part, but now I know it was a once off thing and that she genuinely wanted to atone for it and was willing to destroy her relationship with her husband to relieve some of his pain, and, if u think abt it, the husband really was the one who went off and misunderstood the conversation (I'm pretty sure those women really were referring to a Matchy that was not Machiko...), it's pretty unfair for her to b punished...

Then agn, I'm not sure who I'd pick to punish... While she did cheat on him, his ugly side really did show in the game of darts and at the end when he tried to kill her...

Btw, I wonder why Decim couldn't tell she was lying... couldn't they read those ppl's memories? Even if its only bits and pieces, surely the memory of her finding out that she was pregnant with her husband's child should have been an important memory that would have surfaced during the game... that's aside the fact that Decim should've been quite experienced already and the fact he can't read other's emotions and feelings is a bit worrying... how many cases would he have misjudged...

Also, I have a feeling Nona knew that the woman was lying, but she let that new girl tell it to Decim? If she had left it at that, Decim would've nvr known he made a mistake... she would've let Decim continue misjudging more and more ppl??? Shouldn't she try to prevent as many mistakes as possible and guide him... unless I'm misunderstanding something here, that's one thing that's bothering me quite a bit....

I like this show though. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episodes... But... hm... i just can't get over the mistake :(... maybe there'll b some explanation for the way things are done later, which I hope will happen
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 16, 2015 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
To the guy who compared this to FMAB, why? These shows are not at all similar and have different set of aims. Why should Death Parade be held to the same standards when it's about a bar in purgatory and not about a battle to save a nation from Homunculi?
Jan 16, 2015 5:21 PM

Jan 2015
Landos said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

How am I being elitist? While I probably should have said "everybody knows", a large majority of people of those who like FMAB acknowledge that the beginning is rushed. Also, I still thought it was a great show; an elitist usually just deems something they don't like as trash.

You got numbers to back that up or are you talking out of your ass again?

Google FMA vs Brotherhood analysis, and you'll see debaters of both sides bring up the pros and cons of both series. Good point come from both sides, and one of the frequent cons of FMAB brought up is the rushed beginning.

Unlike you, those that prefer FMAB also like FMA03, and don't sh*t on it just cuz. I love both series, but I prefer FMA03. I don't see what the problem is.
Jan 16, 2015 5:24 PM

Feb 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
I don't see what the problem is.

the problem is the two of you making a quote tower that's off-topic
Jan 16, 2015 5:27 PM

Jan 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Landos said:

You got numbers to back that up or are you talking out of your ass again?

Google FMA vs Brotherhood analysis, and you'll see debaters of both sides bring up the pros and cons of both series. Good point come from both sides, and one of the frequent cons of FMAB brought up is the rushed beginning.

Unlike you, those that prefer FMAB also like FMA03, and don't sh*t on it just cuz. I love both series, but I prefer FMA03. I don't see what the problem is.

Post the link or gtfo. If you make a claim where the hell is the link Google has billions in search options and so don't be giving me vague instructions that won't lead me into anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 5:27 PM

Jan 2015
gedata said:
To the guy who compared this to FMAB, why? These shows are not at all similar and have different set of aims. Why should Death Parade be held to the same standards when it's about a bar in purgatory and not about a battle to save a nation from Homunculi?

He compared it because FMAB's first 2 eps are practically exposition dumps about all the rules of the FMA-verse, and he wanted Death Parade (DP) to do the same; unveil all the mystery now. He fails to realize two things:

1) Unlike DP, FMAB already had another earlier adaptation, as well as a manga, and BONES used that as an excuse to skim over a lot of the beginning of FMAB, as they were retelling the same story.

2) This is a psychological anime....why ruin that by revealing how everything works in this mysterious world in the second ep? They told us the basics how the game/judging works, and that's good enough for now.
Jan 16, 2015 5:31 PM
Jan 2015
I haven't read through all 9 pages (or the 1st episode discussion), so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before...

I wonder whether it's possible for both of the people to go to be reincarnated/sent to the void? (Would they both just go in the same elevator?)
Jan 16, 2015 5:31 PM
Jul 2014
It seems like the assistant may be the only human which is why Decim might have been doing his job "wrong". They drop hints that Decim doesn't understand certain things such as love, which is probably why he took the wife so seriously and left it at that.
Jan 16, 2015 5:35 PM

Jan 2015
Landos said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Post the link or gtfo. If you make a claim where the hell is the link Google has billions in search options and so don't be giving me vague instructions that won't lead me into anything.

I'm not gonna post off topic links that are gonna get deleted by the mods. When I wanted to see how people felt about both shows, I did some research rather than just bash someone who had a different opinion on the forums. Why don't you just go look at how people debate, and see how they calmly and respectfully discussed.

Anyway, this is heavily off-topic so I'm done (tho you're gonna say something to the effect of "HAHA! No Link! Troll! FMA03 wanker! My opinion is law! GTFO!"). Let's get back to DP.
Jan 16, 2015 5:35 PM
May 2014
mrdkreka said:
konatachan80 said:
I would never be able to get along with you if you think betraying someone is ever an ok thing under any circumstances.

You mean like how the husband betrayed her wife love, and because of it she wasn't able to get along with him. So you have quite a lot in common in this aspect

It isn't 'just' sex. That line alone should indicate we just can't see eye to eye. What you view as just sex, others view as being forsaken and completely betrayed. For many it's the one thing you can't come back from. Some can work around it, but it forever changes a relationships dynamic. Why do you think so many homicides have cheating involved? Cause it matters.

Why do you think a lot of relationship end with cheating? Just because cheating is easier to define doesn't make it worse than treating your love like shit, and causing the death of both of them and their unborn child :-/

And we weren't shown anything indicating that they ever broached the issue. Your the one making the statement that they may have despite the episode being about coming clean so that is up to you to prove. But it doesn't really matter, because cheating is cheating. Divorce is an option if it's so bad.

True the husband never approached the wife with his mistrust, and the wife didn't talk the issue over with her husband. This is what makes it a grey area issue, where the scale tipped in the women favor because of her sacrifice in Ano point of view, which Arbeiter didn't see.

Cheating is only a result, the reason/intent behind it defines its meaning.

I think you attributed the quote(s) to the wrong person..

He suspected she was cheating on him.. From his viewpoint, did she really display any love for him
if she really was? If there wasn't any love, then there was no love to treat like sh*t.
Just someone who betrayed you.
Actually, the feeling of betrayal might override just about everything else.

I consider cheating on someone and loving that very same person mutually exclusive.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 16, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Landos said:

I'm not gonna post off topic links that are gonna get deleted by the mods. When I wanted to see how people felt about both shows, I did some research rather than just bash someone who had a different opinion on the forums. Why don't you just go look at how people debate, and see how they calmly and respectfully discussed.

Anyway, this is heavily off-topic so I'm done (tho you're gonna say something to the effect of "HAHA! No Link! Troll! FMA03 wanker! My opinion is law! GTFO!"). Let's get back to DP.

So I was write when I said you were a troll. Asked to post a link and you give me excuses.

Let's get back to the DP? You were the one who quoted me first and so don't be pulling that nonsense on me. Gotta love when trolls have nothing better to say but excuses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 5:43 PM

Jan 2015
konatachan80 said:
mrdkreka said:

You mean like how the husband betrayed her wife love, and because of it she wasn't able to get along with him. So you have quite a lot in common in this aspect

Why do you think a lot of relationship end with cheating? Just because cheating is easier to define doesn't make it worse than treating your love like shit, and causing the death of both of them and their unborn child :-/

True the husband never approached the wife with his mistrust, and the wife didn't talk the issue over with her husband. This is what makes it a grey area issue, where the scale tipped in the women favor because of her sacrifice in Ano point of view, which Arbeiter didn't see.

He suspected she was cheating on him.. From his viewpoint, was there any love if she really was?
If there wasn't any love, then there was no love to treat like sh*t. Just someone who betrayed you.
I consider cheating on someone and loving that very same person mutually exclusive.

Except she did love him, and she didn't cheat until he started treating her as an afterthought, because he thought she was cheating even before their marriage. There was love, because she felt horrible for her one night affair, and still tried to make it work, but her husband was already too far gone. There was love because despite her husband awful behavior towards her, and his brushing aside of his child, even thought it was his actions that killed them all, she still decided to not only take the fall, but also "reassure" him that he didn't kill his own child over bullsh*t.

So yeah, there was love there. I'm amazed how people equate cheating to cold-blooded murder, and that anybody who cheats = irredeemable piece of sh*t.
Jan 16, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2010
Nice addition to the previous episode.

I like that the speculation from previous threads paid off. Well done for people that theorized that machiko did it so takashi felt less bad for killing his kid, I did predict that it was only a one time cheating.

I like Nona, not sure what to think about Decim yet.
Jan 16, 2015 5:59 PM
Feb 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
konatachan80 said:

He suspected she was cheating on him.. From his viewpoint, was there any love if she really was?
If there wasn't any love, then there was no love to treat like sh*t. Just someone who betrayed you.

Except she did love him, and she didn't cheat until he started treating her as an afterthought, because he thought she was cheating even before their marriage. There was love, because she felt horrible for her one night affair, and still tried to make it work, but her husband was already too far gone. There was love because despite her husband awful behavior towards her, and his brushing aside of his child, even thought it was his actions that killed them all, she still decided to not only take the fall, but also "reassure" him that he didn't kill his own child over bullsh*t.

So yeah, there was love there. I'm amazed how people equate cheating to cold-blooded murder, and that anybody who cheats = irredeemable piece of sh*t.

I agree with this. Which makes me even more dissatisfied with Decim's misjudgment...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 16, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2009
Duri1n said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

I agree with this. Which makes me even more dissatisfied with Decim's misjudgment...

Ditto uwu
Jan 16, 2015 6:14 PM
May 2014
Duri1n said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

From his viewpoint it probably wasn't, hence no love to treat like sh*t.
But if it really was, then that would mean that she was a person that didn't mind betraying the
one she loved whenever she felt like it. If so, was it really love, or was it something else?

However, she probably regained some of it after realizing they already were dead.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jan 16, 2015 6:20 PM

Jun 2014
vodall said:
I'm really not sure why people like this anime so much. Sure, it's OK, but.. So many others have tackled this theme and failed, so why would it work now?
This episode just seemed like an excuse to clean up the mess that was the first one.

Really? The episodes are going to be open ended to allow for speculation and discussions. Not every episode will give you the answer, and ep1 was Def not a mess
Jan 16, 2015 6:22 PM
Feb 2013
mrdkreka said:
konatachan80 said:
I would never be able to get along with you if you think betraying someone is ever an ok thing under any circumstances.

It isn't 'just' sex. That line alone should indicate we just can't see eye to eye. What you view as just sex, others view as being forsaken and completely betrayed. For many it's the one thing you can't come back from. Some can work around it, but it forever changes a relationships dynamic. Why do you think so many homicides have cheating involved? Cause it matters.

And we weren't shown anything indicating that they ever broached the issue. Your the one making the statement that they may have despite the episode being about coming clean so that is up to you to prove. But it doesn't really matter, because cheating is cheating. Divorce is an option if it's so bad.

That is apologetic bullshit. This is the shit that enables cheaters.

The only definition is that they are untrustworthy scum.

Relationships have ups and downs. How you respond to the hardships is what defines you as a person.

In the wife's case, she boned another guy, fulfilling her husbands paranoia. That great wisdom of hers.

Cheating is a choice. The wrong choice. It is so blatantly black and white.
You are never forced into it. You chose to be a lesser person. The wife even understood she was wrong so this isn't even a question.

Circumstances don't lessen her mistake at all. They don't even matter and are two separate issues. The husband and wife pair didn't handle their problems or relationship correctly from the start.

And I don't think a lot of relationships end with cheating, a lot do in fact end because of cheating. Others end because of other reasons. Whatever the case, cheating almost universally has a negative impact on the couple. There are sometimes underlying reasons behind cheating but it is often the proverbial nail in the coffin if it happens. Those reasons, again, don't impact the cheaters guilt at all. There are better ways to handle relationship problems besides screwing things up more.

And to the above couple guys who said she really did love him... no. That wasn't real love. Cheating and true love is indeed mutually exclusive. Because true love isn't situational. You don't just cheat when things get rough. Again, circumstances don't matter. Common sense people. You work through it and fix things. There was also no indication that she was indeed going to come clean about her cheating. Hell, it wasn't until the 11th hour that she actually came clean.

She did care and have affection for him... but real love? I've seen real love and that isn't it.
Jan 16, 2015 6:23 PM

Nov 2012
In my view a lot of people seem to have twisted moral standards, she should of just broke up with him before cheating. It's not that complicated to me it seems.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:24 PM

Sep 2013
Hm . . . Glad they explained a bit the first episode from the arbiter pov. Also, really appreciated the multi *interpretation* - part, of what at first could seem just plain facts.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jan 16, 2015 6:24 PM
Feb 2013
Pretty much^ I don't understand how people can say she isn't wrong.
Jan 16, 2015 6:26 PM

Jan 2015
konatachan80 said:
Duri1n said:

From his viewpoint it probably wasn't, hence no love to treat like sh*t.
But if it really was, then that would mean that she was a person that didn't mind betraying the
one she loved whenever she felt like it. If so, was it really love, or was it something else?

However, she probably regained some of it after realizing they already were dead.

1) From his viewpoint, love doesn't really have a place; due to his inability to trust anyone....unless you're gossiping.

2) "But if it really was, then that would mean that she was a person that didn't mind betraying the one she loved whenever she felt like it." Really? She only cheated once, and felt horrible about it.

3) How do you regain love because you're dead? If anything she should've began to feel hate, because it was her husband that killed them. Yet she still sacrifices her chance at reincarnation to him, AND lies to him to ease his pain.

Geez, get off the ridiculous, and unreasonable "cheating to cold-blooded murder, and that anybody who cheats = irredeemable piece of sh*t" way of thinking. She made a mistake, regretted it and did FAR more than make up for it.
Jan 16, 2015 6:27 PM

Jan 2015
Kurokolist said:
mrdkreka said:

That is apologetic bullshit. This is the shit that enables cheaters.

The only definition is that they are untrustworthy scum.

Relationships have ups and downs. How you respond to the hardships is what defines you as a person.

In the wife's case, she boned another guy, fulfilling her husbands paranoia. That great wisdom of hers.

Cheating is a choice. The wrong choice. It is so blatantly black and white.
You are never forced into it. You chose to be a lesser person. The wife even understood she was wrong so this isn't even a question.

Circumstances don't lessen her mistake at all. They don't even matter and are two separate issues. The husband and wife pair didn't handle their problems or relationship correctly from the start.

And I don't think a lot of relationships end with cheating, a lot do in fact end because of cheating. Others end because of other reasons. Whatever the case, cheating almost universally has a negative impact on the couple. There are sometimes underlying reasons behind cheating but it is often the proverbial nail in the coffin if it happens. Those reasons, again, don't impact the cheaters guilt at all. There are better ways to handle relationship problems besides screwing things up more.

And to the above couple guys who said she really did love him... no. That wasn't real love. Cheating and true love is indeed mutually exclusive. Because true love isn't situational. You don't just cheat when things get rough. Again, circumstances don't matter. Common sense people. You work through it and fix things. There was also no indication that she was indeed going to come clean about her cheating. Hell, it wasn't until the 11th hour that she actually came clean.

She did care and have affection for him... but real love? I've seen real love and that isn't it.

Didn't know Takashi posted on MAL.
Jan 16, 2015 6:27 PM

Nov 2012
"Only cheated once" Heh.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
So we actually leanred quite a bit this episode.

A large amount of questions everyone had about the first episode were answered.

So basically Onna's opinion, which was the opinion the viewers had, was right, and Decim actually fucking goofed in his decision. In the ED of ep.1 they show that Machida (Machiko's friend) had a name card for the wedding on the table. Unsure as to why they didn't bring that up again.

So the white haired girl agreed that Onna's thought process was the right one, but did agree that Onna's thoughts on them living as a happy couple were right. And the white haired girl was probably right about that. As she mentioned, Takeshi was way too crazy and paranoid to ever be truly happy.

In the end, Onna was right, and the arbiter's decision should've been the other way. But Onna's opinion on happiness was a little bit off.

This episode also answered our other question. Everyone thought that because she won the game she chose to sacrifice herself and let Takeshi get reincarnated. It turns out that they have no saying power, and the decision is completely up to the Arbiter.

Now another question we're left with...if the circumstances allow it, is there an option for both people playing the game to be reincarnated or sent to the void? Perhaps if both parties' memories are very bad or average, and there behavior during the game is redeeming or whatnot.

One thing that I think could've been done better was the info dump. Like she asked plenty of questions and a lot of the girl's responses were kind of vague. Like obviously we got the gist of how everything works, but we didn't get any specifics. That doesn't mean I think that everything should be revealed right off the bat. It would ruin everything. But I definitely would have preferred to at least have more solid answers to the questions that Onna already asked. Because I'm sure there are plenty more questions that are going to be brought up later on.
Jonesy974Jan 16, 2015 6:36 PM
Jan 16, 2015 6:30 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
In my view a lot of people seem to have twisted moral standards, she should of just broke up with him before cheating. It's not that complicated to me it seems.

Well, she was having his kid and wanted to make it work. Also, they had just married, so even tho things started off rocky, it could still possibly be salvaged; especially since their were having a child.

Cheating =/= a relationship can't be salvaged. And this was all from a ridiculous misunderstanding.
Jan 16, 2015 6:34 PM

Nov 2012
I once shat on someone's tombstone, but only once.

I once murdered someone, but only once.

I once touched this kid's private parts for my enjoyment, but only once.

I once stole my friends wallet and used all his money, but only once.

People act like only once matters to the societal expectations of what people are supposed to do and not do.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
"Only cheated once" Heh.

Yeah, because it's clear that she really regretted her decision. Someone who feels that guilty won't just keep cheating, especially not when she clearly loved Takashi. She was just hurt, and she made a mistake.

You say we have twisted morals, well I say you do for judging a person's entire character from one bad decision and treating infidelity like murder; as if she deserves Hell for cheating. That's completely unreasonable.
Jan 16, 2015 6:35 PM

Jun 2014
And this is why I stay away from MAL forums. Awful community.
Jan 16, 2015 6:36 PM

Oct 2014
Not bad so far, not sure how they're going to develop this though
Jan 16, 2015 6:37 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Well, she was having his kid and wanted to make it work. Also, they had just married, so even tho things started off rocky, it could still possibly be salvaged; especially since their were having a child.

Cheating =/= a relationship can't be salvaged. And this was all from a ridiculous misunderstanding.

Meh. Being in a broken home of unloving parents isn't that great for a kid, the man would always suspect her and she because she cheated would always have psychological guilt that would probably cause problems later on anyways.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:

People act like only once matters to the societal expectations of what people are supposed to do and not do.

Well, seeing as you did all those things, you should be punished.

On a serious note, people like you is why nobody can redeem themselves for anything. Also, again, other than the grave thing, everything else is far worse than cheating. At least with cheating, you're more than likely not potentially ruining somebody's life via murder, sexually assaulting a child and putting my friend a financial hole.

It's sad that you equate cheating to those things.
Jan 16, 2015 6:42 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:
"Only cheated once" Heh.

Yeah, because it's clear that she really regretted her decision. Someone who feels that guilty won't just keep cheating, especially not when she clearly loved Takashi. She was just hurt, and she made a mistake.

You say we have twisted morals, well I say you do for judging a person's entire character from one bad decision and treating infidelity like murder; as if she deserves Hell for cheating. That's completely unreasonable.

In what way is it unreasonable? In many religions and overall in society infidelity is such a worthy crime, just like the same as murder by society is decided to be deemed such a crime, clearly Decim and the higher powers of the world consider cheating such a bad deed. If we're talking personal opinion, I do think cheating is hell worthy, but that's just my opinion, just like you believing it isn't is yours, but are single personal opinions important? Some people can believe murder isn't worthy of hell, all ethics and morals are subjective and we wouldn't really have a right to say who deserves hell or not regardless of circumstance. I'm just going with society and the apparent viewpoint of this anime.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:43 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Meh. Being in a broken home of unloving parents isn't that great for a kid, the man would always suspect her and she because she cheated would always have psychological guilt that would probably cause problems later on anyways.

Okay, here, I can see were you have a point. This is very possible, and likely was this family's fate as Nona said.
Jan 16, 2015 6:44 PM

Aug 2014
That assistant... could she be... nah she couldn't be... could she?
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 16, 2015 6:45 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

On a serious note, people like you is why nobody can redeem themselves for anything. Also, again, other than the grave thing, everything else is far worse than cheating. At least with cheating, you're more than likely not potentially ruining somebody's life via murder, sexually assaulting a child and putting my friend a financial hole.

Oh? Pick pocketing your random friend's wallet is worse than betraying the vows of the person you swore to connect your life with? A person who spends large parts of their day devoted to you, shares money, shares trust, tries to find happiness with and etc? Okay.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
That assistant... could she be... nah she couldn't be... could she?

she could... she definitely could... no way she could... could she?
Jan 16, 2015 6:51 PM

Jul 2014
I'm liking it so far. This episode explained a lot of things, can't wait to see what the next game is going to be about.
Jan 16, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

In what way is it unreasonable? In many religions and overall in society infidelity is such a worthy crime, just like the same as murder by society is decided to be deemed such a crime, clearly Decim and the higher powers of the world consider cheating such a bad deed. If we're talking personal opinion, I do think cheating is hell worthy, but that's just my opinion, just like you believing it isn't is yours, but are single personal opinions important? Some people can believe murder isn't worthy of hell, all ethics and morals are subjective and we wouldn't really have a right to say who deserves hell or not regardless of circumstance. I'm just going with society and the apparent viewpoint of this anime.

Religion is unreasonable, for the most part, and societal expectations are subjective depending on the culture. Cheating is in no way comparable to murder, or ruining another person's life. It's a breach of trust, for sure, but to consider it one of the worst crimes ever is insane. Get a divorce, if need be, or try to move on.

Because a person got their heartbroken, the person who broke it via deserves a punishment usually suitable for those who do sh*t that actually ruin other people's lives? A cheater = murder/pedophile/identity stealer/robber? Really?

It's your opinion, yes, but that opinion is completely unnecessary.
Jan 16, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Religion is unreasonable, for the most part, and societal expectations are subjective depending on the culture. Cheating is in no way comparable to murder, or ruining another person's life. It's a breach of trust, for sure, but to consider it one of the worst crimes ever is insane. Get a divorce, if need be, or try to move on.

Because a person got their heartbroken, the person who broke it via deserves a punishment usually suitable for those who do sh*t that actually ruin other people's lives? A cheater = murder/pedophile/identity stealer/robber? Really?

I disagree, cheating can easily, and has, ruined many people's lives, including the children. If I was married to someone I'd rather get a few dollars stolen from me then to find out I wasted all that time, love and effort.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 6:57 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Oh? Pick pocketing your random friend's wallet is worse than betraying the vows of the person you swore to connect your life with? A person who spends large parts of their day devoted to you, shares money, shares trust, tries to find happiness with and etc? Okay.

Yes, pick pocketing your friend's wallet, and spending all of his/her money, potentially putting him/her in debt, which puts a heavy burden on his everyday life is worse than breaking somebody's heart via cheating, which doesn't result in your life potentially becoming a burden. Share money? If you got a prenup, then money is no longer an issue; just get a divorce, if need be, and do your best to move on, rather than damning hell on another person because you're sad.
Jan 16, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2009
^^^(to the 2nd person above me) a few dollars is a fuckton of money for some people, mind you.

there are more important things in the world than "wow i got cheated on( because i treated my wife like shit :( in that case)"
Jan 16, 2015 7:01 PM
Nov 2013
Death Parade has the best OP and ED of the season imo

This episode gave a really good explanation at what happened in the first episode, I loved that they showed it from Onna's point of view. Nona is really fun and elevator guy is pretty cool.

Great episode. Contender for AOTS
Jan 16, 2015 7:03 PM
Feb 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

I'm not Takashi. That doesn't even make sense since I think he's also pitiful. I'm just man enough to call bullshit when I see it. All you are doing is rationalizing a persons misdeeds and treating them as no big deal. Kind of like Nona. All I'm doing is saying it is how it is. You can dislike me for shining that light and I won't resent you.

You are making light of betrayal though. I think that is where the schism between some of you and others stems from.

You don't have to be religious to understand common decency and what is right and wrong. Some things are universal. Betrayal is one of them.

As to her wanting to salvage the relationship... She doesn't get to make that choice alone. She should have let him know. She was hiding it. It took her to realize she was dead and her 'lovers' complete breakdown before she revealed it.

And for the guy who said... she would never do it again. That burden is on her to prove. You lose all credibility. This is just how the world is. It's why your good name and the actions you take are so vital. She succumbed to her circumstances despite her 'profound love' once. Regret doesn't prove that she wouldn't do it again.

Anyway this is pretty circular. I'm just glad there are some people here besides me who can see right and wrong for what it is despite the coating of drama.
Jan 16, 2015 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

I disagree, cheating can easily, and has, ruined many people's lives, including the children. If I was married to someone I'd rather get a few dollars stolen from me then to find out I wasted all that time, love and effort.

1) All of one's money =/= a stolen dolloars

2) As long as the parents don't try to horde the child from the other parent because of their grudge, while it could take some time (which varies), the child's life won't be "ruined".

3) Well it depends: Were you the one who drove your spouse away emotionally, or did you marry someone who never truly cared about you? Either way, you wasted your time. Divorce, if necessary, and be an adult a get over it, rather than hold a grudge.
Jan 16, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

Yes, pick pocketing your friend's wallet, and spending all of his/her money, potentially putting him/her in debt, which puts a heavy burden on his everyday life is worse than breaking somebody's heart via cheating, which doesn't result in your life potentially becoming a burden. Share money? If you got a prenup, then money is no longer an issue; just get a divorce, if need be, and do your best to move on, rather than damning hell on another person because you're sad.

Prenup isn't guaranteed because asking for that could offend your partner, besides if we're going into such an area you can argue that the police might find you and have you pay your friend back and etc. Anyways.....

I don't understand you. What do you think marriage is? Some relationship you're vaguely related to someone loosely? What? Do you know how money is spent on dates, clothes, jewelry and all that shit? You're not getting your money back. You do realize some people dedicate their lives to each other in marriage right? Right? Also being cheated on by your significant other can easily cause emotional distress and effect you psychologically for the rest of your life, much in the same way rape does to a degree. You seem to act like being cheated on in marriage is like someone not picking you on their basketball team in gym class.
EpicenterJan 16, 2015 7:08 PM
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2015
r0ykun said:
Death Parade has the best OP and ED of the season imo

This episode gave a really good explanation at what happened in the first episode, I loved that they showed it from Onna's point of view. Nona is really fun and elevator guy is pretty cool.

Great episode. Contender for AOTS

Tokyo Ghoul's ED is up there too, tho I too think DP has OP of the season.
Jan 16, 2015 7:12 PM

Nov 2012
fanshii said:
^^^(to the 2nd person above me) a few dollars is a fuckton of money for some people, mind you.

there are more important things in the world than "wow i got cheated on( because i treated my wife like shit :( in that case)"

Him treating her like shit is unconfirmed so I'm going to ignore that. As for there being more important things in the world? That's debatable. Society puts a lot of pressure on people to find a significant other and such things. Some people dedicate their entire lives to their lovers.
Jaywalker.
Jan 16, 2015 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Prenup isn't guaranteed because asking for that could offend your partner, besides if we're going into such an area you can argue that the police might find you and have you pay your friend back and etc. Anyways.....

I don't understand you. What do you think marriage is? Some relationship you're vaguely related to someone loosely? What? Do you know how money is spent on dates, clothes, jewelry and all that shit? You're not getting your money back. You do realize some people dedicate their lives to each other in marriage right? Right? Also being cheated on by your significant other can easily cause emotional distress and effect you psychologically for the rest of your life, much in the same way rape does to a degree. You seem to act like being cheated on in marriage is like someone not picking you on their basketball team in gym class.

... you know you are spending your money on dates just because, you know, you should be a nice person? Not to get a sex/relationship out of a woman?

If you do things nonconditionally, you do not bring them in like that, it's such a dick move.
Also women now prefer to pay 50/50 anyway, but they often aren't allowed to because of manpride.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU REALLY COMPARED RAPE, A CRIME SECOND TO MURDER, TO CHEATING.
Jan 16, 2015 7:15 PM

Aug 2009
Epicenter said:
fanshii said:

Him treating her like shit is unconfirmed so I'm going to ignore that. As for there being more important things in the world? That's debatable. Society puts a lot of pressure on people to find a significant other and such things. Some people dedicate their entire lives to their lovers.

The society also often promotes messages like "let it go" when it comes to unfulfilled/perished love.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

837 by fuzzyGengar »»
Apr 10, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.