Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 15, 2015 5:15 AM
Oct 2007
QuattroVaginas said:
Eiffel said:
I need some help here. I saw episode 0 and now this one.
I cannot see a fair reason for the 2 most beautiful girls on the school likes this MC. Can someone give me some explanation about that? My first thoughts is this is forced liking. Please, give me some help here. He has no appeal, or anything, I can not understand this.
Seems too forced to me. But i am open to read some advice here.

Thanks

Because it's anime. Are you new to harems?

Yeah, yeah, i already know that. It is not new to me, but i was expecting a little more sense than that. but well, its just the first episode, i will give it a try. btw I am giving chance to harem, because I was never a real fan, but i dont dislike too. I just wanted more good sense. Maybe later on the anime explain something.

But thanks, anyway. :P
Dec 15, 2015 5:32 AM

Dec 2011
QuattroVaginas said:
Eiffel said:
I need some help here. I saw episode 0 and now this one.
I cannot see a fair reason for the 2 most beautiful girls on the school likes this MC. Can someone give me some explanation about that? My first thoughts is this is forced liking. Please, give me some help here. He has no appeal, or anything, I can not understand this.
Seems too forced to me. But i am open to read some advice here.

Thanks

I take it you haven't actually watched the series then.

It's not just random - keep watching and you'll understand the reasoning behind it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 15, 2015 9:28 AM

Aug 2014
kuuderes_shadow said:
QuattroVaginas said:

I take it you haven't actually watched the series then.

It's not just random - keep watching and you'll understand the reasoning behind it.

Typical flimsy harem reasons, of which only Eriri's reasoning I'd consider "fair" for falling for this MC. I'd discuss with you, but there's already been discussions on this and this thread is for episode 1.
QuattroVaginasDec 15, 2015 9:43 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 11, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2012
so this from vn, this MC lol

Jan 20, 2016 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
Restarted the series, and so far I really like it. I love the attention, especially on the art department, that they put on the characters. It looks really good, no cutting corner and such. I like the respective colour outline for each girl's design, it has certain charm to it.

The main protagonist is plain, yet I feel that it is intentional. He has his own distinctive charm to him too, despite being the plain protagonist of a harem series.

The first episode already had some *doki doki* moments, but I definitely look forward to more. xD

Eiffel said:
Yeah, yeah, i already know that. It is not new to me, but i was expecting a little more sense than that. but well, its just the first episode, i will give it a try. btw I am giving chance to harem, because I was never a real fan, but i dont dislike too. I just wanted more good sense. Maybe later on the anime explain something.

But thanks, anyway. :P
You've gotten your answer, but I'd like to add more. This episode so far has somewhat poked fun of the stereotypical situations that arise in every generic harem ever, so I would imagine that the author would go for more than just a "generic harem reason" for falling for the main protagonist. The author is self aware of how generic the harem are nowadays. He/she is aware though that certain troupes are popular because it works, so don't cancel out any possibility of having some stereotypes in this story.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 22, 2016 3:28 AM

Jul 2013
An otaku protagonist who's got no interest in 3d girls? damn sounds like the entire male fanbase in MAL.. lol jk

so it's gonna about him gathering chicks to help him with his game? Hmm so if he's got someone to do the character design and the scenarios, he's still gonna need someone for the sound effects, bgms well the music in general then he's also gonna need the one who will draw the background if it's gonna be a typical VN gal game that is and... whatever I'm not at expert at this stuff.

Anyway I just kinda dislike the too much talking. It reminds me of the monogatari series man.
Feb 8, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
This guy knowsss 2D>3D.

Seems like a good anime.
Mar 8, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
The art and animation are great.
It's a plus that I waited for the blu-ray before watching.
The mc start out by drifting on a bicycle and encountered his destined girl, okayyyy.
Also, using the similar parting line to get those girls but at the end...
He totally left them for Katou, omg hahahaha.
Good job harem mc. xD
Mar 25, 2016 4:30 AM

Mar 2011
I'm loving the characters and the animation. Great first episode.
Jun 6, 2016 3:03 AM

Apr 2009
This main character is so loud and annoying. :<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2016
A decent start...

Also, I can see some Gintama comedy.
Aug 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Oct 2012
I still can't believe that the guy who made White Album 2 wrote this.
Aug 13, 2016 8:03 AM
May 2013
I wonder if anybody else noticed Katou at 12:14 next to MC
Oct 17, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
So after watching the special episode before starting this, I'm disappointed that best girl didn't even appear so far. The protagonist seems pretty stupid, so far so unimpressive.
Jan 25, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
I Actually Enjoyed It!!
The Opening Is Also Good And Catchy.....
BiisooJan 25, 2017 3:16 PM
Mar 30, 2017 7:35 AM

Nov 2014
I'm furious. The art is absolutely stellar. Beautiful colours, breezy linework, perfectly smooth animation. So why is the setting and the characters so painfully generic inbred light novel meta trash? I absolutely detest the MC. I'm so sick of this otaku pandering shit. I could watch this show for the art alone, but I'd feel sick doing it. Kill me.
TiemuuuMar 30, 2017 7:38 AM
Jun 1, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
A good start. Got a proper introduction compared to the special. The art is great, I believe I noticed a bit of CGI. They went with the same OP as the special. Really catchy.

Even the neighbour knows that the MC is a pure and open Otaku.

Jul 5, 2017 7:22 PM

Jun 2009
Not sure how I feel about this in general, but I do like the premise of the background character being the main love interest. Especially with how dramatic Tomoya tends to be.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 20, 2017 9:54 AM
Apr 2017
Can somebody help me please?

I don't understand. How did Tomoya become so friendly with Utaha? When did they first met and in what episode?

Thanks.
Aug 26, 2017 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
So I just started this out of curiosity after reading lots of discussions about the show and the girls.

Don't know how people couldn't notice that
is the main heroine and will win.

I'm liking Eriri and Utaha so far. Don't really know why you have to hate one to love the other. Both are top tier qt's with amazing legs. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Silly MC-kun could have gotten a confession from Eriri right up, too bad he's dense and not interested in "3D" girls (even though they're 2D for us lol). Well, at least he got whipped by Eriri's twintails and even got some hair in his mouth. Lucky guy anyway.
Jan 10, 2018 8:49 AM

May 2015
And there we go. Another ecchi, harem anime. Get ready.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 11, 2018 1:57 AM
Feb 2018
I started this series expecting some generic ecchi harem....

I was not surprised to find out that it is a generic harem without the ecchi.

But I'm not dropping it since I found the characters likable and the MC actually has a personality of his own.

So far I'm rooting for twin tails tsundere blonde chick.
Nov 15, 2018 12:40 PM
Jun 2016
That was a good start. The art is really nice and it had some pretty good animation moments.

As people said before, it's cool the protagonist actually has a personality and goals, though I find him kind of annoying, honestly. The other characters are fine. That twintails slaps bit was funny.

Let's see how this progresses.
Dec 25, 2018 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
Boring anime for a boring Heroine

May 30, 2019 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Wew, what a mouthful. I wasn't expecting this to be as dialogue heavy as it was. Certainly interested, but I'll have to take my time digesting this one.
Jun 8, 2019 8:33 AM
Jan 2017
There we go a decent start to this anime. I hope this show continues to be god like thisi and doesnt devolve into mindless fanservice like episode 0
Jul 10, 2019 1:07 AM

Sep 2012
twinn tail tsunderer and likes mc chek

cold beuty who likes mc chek

new giel already has cometition, 2of them
Sugram22Jul 10, 2019 1:10 AM
Oct 15, 2019 9:15 PM

Oct 2010
Im liking Kato already :)
Dec 1, 2019 7:58 PM

Feb 2019
Yeah, this feels more like a proper introduction than that Episode 00.

Kato is still best girl. I love how the show mostly puts her out of the camera shot as a reflection that she doesn't seem like a main heroine. I don't think we've seen her face a lot this episode even. And damn is she short. She's so cute and her unimposing voice is just too cute.

But Aki is a jerk for standing up those two girls though.
Sep 25, 2020 7:36 AM

Aug 2017
So, the hat girl was his classmate. That's the only thing I found good about this episode.
Everything else was cliche. I've seen hundreds of tsundere girl and long haired gloomy girl so that seemed completely unoriginal.

Jan 14, 2021 9:39 PM

Jul 2017
The first episode for Saekano (the actual first one) was sort of average for me. The dialogue wasn't that engaging in particular (screamed generic, bland light novel style too much), especially Tomoya's conversation with Eriri, but I still find Utaha to be sort of solid to watch still since there was something refreshing about her nature of conversation. Even Megumi at the end seemed better despite the incredibly docile nature. Tomoya's proposals for his game from this episode at least felt a bit too vague and bland, sort of like I could come up with the most generic possible VN idea in like 3 minutes while taking a shit, so hopefully after meeting Megumi who inspired him to pursue the game idea at the current moment, he can be hit with more and more ideas to convince the others to work with him to make a game.

Visually, the show still underwhelms me. The direction is sort of all over the place with random shots drawn in random styles, some a bit more artistic but feels like a lazy SHAFT knockoff, some animated smoothly to showcase realistic character movement like with adjusting their shirt or moving/running, but looks fairly unpolished like a cheap KyoAni knockoff, and bland light novel designs adapted in a bland manner. Disappointing really.
May 11, 2021 9:21 AM

Jun 2020
First off is this a call of destiny the OP is a very nice song I must say, good

Tomoya wakes up with a lot of anime-related stuff pretty nice actually we got the introductions coming much appreciated I must say each girl is different from the other with different approaches and I like it
and some of them has other things to do in their free time

So this Katou girl was behind the mysterious Berret girl that Tomoya saw that day first off meeting her early might have some mix in the story and the ED is premiered as well in this episode fits well in this season.
Jul 18, 2021 3:51 AM

Jul 2015
The '2D-only' otaku Tomoya wanting to create a dating sim with the help of the most beautiful and talented girls in school because he fell in love with his classmate Katou on the top of a hill whom he didn't even recognize, an interesting premise only to be found in fiction.

Apr 20, 2022 9:47 AM
Feb 2017
Even after watching the 'prequel' OVA, this first episode is kinda messy. There's no proper introduction or whatsoever to the main characters. The episode starts with already introduced Utaha, Tomoya, Megumi and Eriri.

They don't have proper monolog, narrative life background or whatsoever to make the viewers attached to them. It's only supported by a little and lazily made flashback about Utaha and Eriri's confrontation.

Seriously, why is it rated so high with this messy and weird introduction episode? Are MAL users just horny idiots who don't care about the story and rate it so high just because of its fanservice?
Apr 20, 2022 9:52 AM
Feb 2017
Archdregs said:
Can somebody help me please?

I don't understand. How did Tomoya become so friendly with Utaha? When did they first met and in what episode?

Thanks.

Deadpool: "Well, that's just lazy writing..."
May 13, 2022 9:15 AM

Nov 2019
Eriri says baka in the most natural way. Utaha speaks with elegance. Nice cast
Jan 19, 2023 11:49 AM

Aug 2020
Interesting setup. Seeing a guy with glasses talking about preferring 2D girls or 3D ones did remind me a bit of TWGOK, but judging by the synopsis I read for Saekano, it's going to be quite different.
Jan 27, 2023 12:39 PM

May 2020
Dude says he's not interested in real girls but then a minute later had a secret heart-to-heart conversation with two of the most popular, hottest girls of the school.. mind you it felt like he knows them since forever. And now don't get me started on what happened towards the end.

Typical jp LN protag. I'll keep watching for girls.
Aug 24, 2023 9:31 PM
Sep 2021
The colorful line art !! <3
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

314 by marekshawty »»
Jan 1, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

111 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

156 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

224 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.