Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 14, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2009
The show says that if a boy likes you then you better like him back or he will turn into a monster and destroy the city and it will be your fault for not liking him.

That's what the show said. The pink one came to the realization that it was her fault that all this is happening. What a terrible lesson to teach young girls.

Not to mention that negative feelings like "l don't feel appreciated" turns you into a monster. And the solution to those feelings? Beat them until they turn normal. Pretty much "be normal or get hurt".

Though none of this is surprising since the last Pretty Cure taught girls a horrible lesson as well:
Instead of vilifying the Card King for being an absolute monster for being solely responsible for the complete destruction of his kingdom they praise him for having the courage to sacrifice an entire race for his daughter. He, with full knowledge of consequence, made the selfish action to save his daughter which lead to not only the destruction of his kingdom, but brought terror on the human wold. Not to mention he actually lost his daughter in the process. But the show teaches you that was the correct action, because family is more important that collective society.

What horrible things to be teaching children!
Jan 14, 2015 5:48 PM

Sep 2008
I give this post a 30/10 (for 30 year old watching a 10 year old show). Would read again.
Jan 14, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
Jan 18, 2015 3:30 PM

Jul 2009
Thespacepope said:
I give this post a 30/10 (for 30 year old watching a 10 year old show). Would read again.

Nice try, but l'm only 26
Jan 18, 2015 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
LOL'd
Jan 18, 2015 11:31 PM

Jun 2011
And thats why I pray that the young people of Japan will not be so stupid as to beat someone into submission for not liking them.

But I still believe that if you want a show that teaches girls horrible ideals, than lets go back and watch Mana and all her fucking perfection, because thats right guys being selfish is a bitch!
Jan 19, 2015 4:03 AM

Apr 2010
Dude, chill. It's just a show not to be taken seriously. As a parent myself I have no problems having my daughter watch this. Hell it's a lot better than the crap that's on TV now.
Jan 19, 2015 10:42 PM

Jul 2008
Jmac said:
Dude, chill. It's just a show not to be taken seriously. As a parent myself I have no problems having my daughter watch this. Hell it's a lot better than the crap that's on TV now.

Amen
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jan 25, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2008
leetshoe said:

Not to mention that negative feelings like "l don't feel appreciated" turns you into a monster. And the solution to those feelings? Beat them until they turn normal. Pretty much "be normal or get hurt".

That part seems pretty Japanese. Like "it isn't about your feelings, put on a happy face and go to school/work."
Jan 25, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
GarLogan78 said:
leetshoe said:

That part seems pretty Japanese. Like "it isn't about your feelings, put on a happy face and go to school/work."

Yes, it seems a lot of young girl shows teach bad things like that. Not all of them can have the moral stances of shows like Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live.
Jan 25, 2015 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
This is Tumblr SJW-tier shit.
Jan 25, 2015 4:30 PM
Jan 2010
ihateeveryone said:
This is Tumblr SJW-tier shit.

I agree, this thread is dumb.
Jan 26, 2015 12:17 PM
Sep 2011
I don't have a problem with the idea that Seiji's feelings not being noticed caused him to become evil, I have a problem with the fact that the show didn't present this properly. It felt like Red was lying through his teeth and had simply forcibly brainwashed Seiji, but was using the feelings angle to guilt Megumi.

Seiji has always been completely supportive of Megumi, he's never been shown to resent her in any way. He does seem to be bothered by the fact that Megumi has feelings for Blue but would he really think that could go anywhere? It's God for Blue's sake! And she's a fourteen year old girl.

If Seiji does indeed resent Megumi for not noticing his feelings, than it's his dumb fault because he never expressed them properly. He just kinda did the "We all care about you very much" thing or nervously puttered around while she was thinking about other things.

In short, I wouldn't say it's teaching a bad moral so much as it's simply faulty writing. Precure needs to refrain from romantic plotlines until they can step up their game. The whole "You misinterpreted your emotions" thing with Hime was also a complete load.
Jan 26, 2015 4:53 PM

Aug 2007
Jmac said:

Just like you said. I didn't think that as a bad lesson.
Jan 26, 2015 5:00 PM
Jan 2015
interesting. i hope someone answers you seriously. i haven't watched this anime yet but now i'm curious about it.
Aug 4, 2015 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
Takala said:
Jmac said:

Amen

I rather have them watch this, than have them watch Disney channel crap
Jun 8, 2016 4:30 AM

May 2008
leetshoe said:
The show says that if a boy likes you then you better like him back or he will turn into a monster and destroy the city and it will be your fault for not liking him.

That's what the show said. The pink one came to the realization that it was her fault that all this is happening. What a terrible lesson to teach young girls.

Though none of this is surprising since the last Pretty Cure taught girls a horrible lesson as well:
Instead of vilifying the Card King for being an absolute monster for being solely responsible for the complete destruction of his kingdom they praise him for having the courage to sacrifice an entire race for his daughter. He, with full knowledge of consequence, made the selfish action to save his daughter which lead to not only the destruction of his kingdom, but brought terror on the human wold. Not to mention he actually lost his daughter in the process. But the show teaches you that was the correct action, because family is more important that collective society.

What horrible things to be teaching children!

They are don't say that is a good thing.

Also if any people do something because they see that in a tv or in a game already a stupid people.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.