Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 6, 2015 5:34 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 8 & 9
[spoiler]
Intense arc. It pretty much exaggerated what was always the case: Decim/The Arbiters manipulating the outcome of the judgment based on their memories or any other whim they might have. The only issue I have with that is that it was fairly obvious from the start so it feels a bit weird that they only realize that now and were so shocked about it, but well.
The arc itself was very good though, the arc of suspense was very well done and the second half and especially the ending were extremely engaging. How they linked their two stories was interesting and the last scene when Shimada gave in to Decim's and Tatsumi's provocations/temptations was heartwrecking.
Looking forward to what kind of developments this will spark next episode.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 6, 2015 11:21 PM

Jul 2011
I'm back.
Ep 9
LatelyMar 6, 2015 11:26 PM
Mar 7, 2015 6:26 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 9
[spoiler]
The conclusion to the 2-parter was pretty intense. I mean it was somewhat easy to predict in general what might have happened, but the reveal through flashbacks was done well. The episode was a little over-dramatic, but I guess this tends to be how the show goes. I did feel like it was hypocritical of Kuromaki to say Decim was not considering "feelings/emotions" when making his judgement, when we all know that he does infact have emotions. I feel like if he didn't have the emotions and was being truly objective he wouldn't have bothered with the extra punishment in the first place. I really hope this thing blows up in Nona's face at some point.
LoneWolfMar 7, 2015 11:32 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 7, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 9
Mar 7, 2015 11:21 PM

Aug 2009
[spoiler]
No I was thinking of Nona, because shes the one responsible for giving Decim (and probably Ginti) emotions. It was hinted that the old guy was catching on to what she was doing. Eventually hes gonna find out and by the results of Decim's recent judgments this experiment of hers is not going well. Even though Giniti's episode is supposed to be comical, he didn't even make a judgement for Mayu and shes just hanging around for no reason. Likewise Decim can't bring himself to judge Kurokami. That's why I said this thing *should* blow up in her face just looking at the evidence. The sole purpose of the arbiters existence is to judge people and she is effectively taking away their ability to do that. Ofcourse we'll probably get some BS explanation that subjectivity>objectivity and how important emotions are to the decision making process and how being impartial shouldn't be important etc. etc. The old guy will probably see her as some genius and she'll get promoted and we'll just have a bunch of humans running around this limbo, cause of Nona's brilliant plan to reduce the arbiter's ability to pass down judgement >_>
LoneWolfMar 7, 2015 11:32 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 12, 2015 3:36 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 9
Mar 13, 2015 9:19 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 10
brianwuzhereMar 13, 2015 9:24 PM
Mar 14, 2015 4:31 AM

Sep 2009
Episode 8-9:

Episode 10:
Mar 14, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
Mar 14, 2015 4:43 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 10
[spoiler]
Lotus Tentacles ftw.

Also Sachiko is best girl. glad she got her soul reincarnated. More old people plox. Makes sense that humans have a limit in Limbo. Looks like Oculus is going to make his move soon.
LoneWolfMar 15, 2015 12:04 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 21, 2015 8:04 AM

Aug 2009
Ep 11
[spoiler]
... Anyone else kinda disturbed by the thought that Decim likely has a stash of date rape drugs somewhere in his bar? =/

Anyway the animation for the skating during Chiyuki's backstory was fantastic. One of the best things I've seen from Madhouse in a while. Also best char Ginti being a boss as usual, delivering on those judgments :P Hopefully Decim can follow suit. I wonder what Oculus has planned for Nona though...
LoneWolfMar 21, 2015 8:20 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 21, 2015 9:42 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 11
Mar 22, 2015 5:01 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 11
Mar 27, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2010
Episode 12
Mar 27, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2009
Ep 12
[spoiler]
I felt like the show was just becoming needlessly complicated from episode 2 onward, with its self-contradiction and meta-analysis. I mean I get it, sometimes the system that's been put in place isn't always the most efficient, but they are usually there for a reason. This show shouldn't have been about the "system" though it should have been about the cases of the individuals. There should be place for introspection, other episodic shows like mushi-shi and natsume yujinchou do this well, but Death Parade I fee like tries to go too far with it. At the end of the day Oculus believes that a human/life element in the judgement will "ruin" arbiters, yet Decim is still around and making judgement so at the end of the day Nona has won and in a sense "defeated" the system.

Does that mean she should have implanted emotions into a fellow arbiter without permission? Probly not, even if Decim was her subordinate, messing around with former people (remember arbiters are made of people that have fallen into the void) is not really her place. Tonally there was a lot of whiplash, going from intense melodrama to very light-hearted romance, slice of life and even comedy.

On to the positives though, the cinematography, framing, visuals etc. were all fantastic. I really like the newish direction Madhouse is going with shows like this and Parasyte. Especially considering they have been dishing out pretty awful shows for the last few years. Also Ginti. Ep 6 is by far my favorite of this series. I would gladly watch a spin-off series with Ginti as the main, even though he was somewhat influenced by Mayu.... although not enough to not send her right to the void. I can't imagine her coming back as an arbiter *shudders*. Anyway I enjoyed this for the most part. It's nice to see that there is anime is still willing to follow the episodic format and the concept in general was interesting. I hope Madhouse can slowly pull themselves out of the hole they've dug themselves in over the last few years. 6/10
LoneWolfMar 28, 2015 12:03 AM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 27, 2015 10:46 PM

Feb 2010
Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12
[spoiler]
Very good episode as well. I liked how it gave some closure/conclusion while still ending on a generally open-ended note. Anything else would have seemed out of place after only 12 episodes. It wasn't up there with episode 11, but still those last 2 episodes pushed it from a solid 7/10 to an 8/10 for me. The visuals/cinematography as well. Good stuff overall, even if not all the episodes early on were that exciting.
Decim's smile was great to see <3.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 29, 2015 8:28 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode 12
KingYoshiMar 30, 2015 12:02 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Ie Naki Ko (Nobody's Boy Remi)

LoneWolf - Feb 24, 2015

33 by TheDenOfEverythn »»
Nov 11, 2019 3:22 PM

» Moonlight Mile - Simulwatch

omakase - Nov 27, 2017

23 by KannoSugako »»
Jan 8, 2018 7:04 AM

» Victorian Romance Emma - Simulwatch

LoneWolf - Feb 12, 2017

22 by LoneWolf »»
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 PM

» Mujin Wakusei Survive - Simulwatch ( 1 2 )

KingYoshi - Sep 27, 2016

62 by omakase »»
Feb 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Sticky: » List of all the public simul-watch projects

Alcoholicide - Feb 7, 2012

10 by hpb123 »»
Dec 14, 2016 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.