MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Jigoku Shoujo Episode 15 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Jigoku Shoujo »» Jigoku Shoujo Episode 15 Discussion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
View Poll Results: Jigoku Shoujo Episode 15 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

21 65.63%
4 out of 5: Liked it

6 18.75%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 12.50%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 3.13%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 32

11-23-09, 9:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really like this now that the reporter and his daughter have a more major role! It seems like a battle between good and evil

12-29-09, 12:26 PM

to me this is the sickest one yet not in a good way... ew this story line with the aunt and her sister... XP she deserved to die!!!

02-02-10, 10:16 PM

I caught hints of the aunt's craziness early on, so no major twist there- I just didn't realize she was ax crazy. Or suffering multiple personality disorder. Those were kinda "Oh, crap." revelations, there. ;)

I'm finding a certain liking to the whole concept of using the Hell Correspondance to keep oneself alive; I dunno, maybe it's the idea that in the end, it really was an unavoidable problem, and that just kinda ties things up neatly.
Just my two cents.
-Screw
-----------------------

03-20-10, 4:45 PM

So Mina's mother didn't jump off a cliff but instead was hacked to pieces by Mina's aunt? Creepy.

I wonder why Mina's mother was trying to leave the island again..

10-14-10, 12:22 PM

o.O that aunt is crazy!! geez this episode shocked me .. but it was a good episode !! there was no other choice than to pull the string this time or else she would have died herself ..

12-26-10, 8:04 PM

Mina's aunt is really crazy, she killed her sister because she is leaving the island??

02-17-11, 2:18 AM

Creepy!
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

01-19-12, 9:57 PM

I suppose she pulled the string out of instinct, but when she died she might not have ended up in Hell. However, by saving her temporary and fleeting life (who knows, she could have an accident and die the next day, within the year, etc.), she now faces an ETERNITY of suffering...

01-24-12, 4:33 PM

Gaaaah and just when im considering dropping the series, it pulls out an episode like this! Very creepy, the reporter playing a more vital role and getting more air time which someone else mentioned. The aunt was creepy especially with the aunts multiple disorder thing going on D: i was like wow....

I agree with most people here in that this is the first one where it was basically she pulls the string, or she dies... although either way she's getting an 'eternity' of hell whenever she dies.. and that could be whenever!

Well looks like im going to have to keep watching, just wish the show wasn't so inconsistent.. or at least it is that way for me!

05-07-12, 11:30 PM

They need more episodes like this!

The journalist has the worst luck ever, he just cant stop anyone! xD

05-13-12, 9:54 AM

OriginANIME said:
The journalist has the worst luck ever, he just cant stop anyone! xD

It's agonizing that he's getting closer and closer and closer every episode without actually breaking through and saving someone.

But through all that, the two Shibatas are slowly becoming my favorite characters in the series. Just what is Tsugumi's connection to Ai?

06-24-12, 4:21 PM

Oh gosh, that was crazy, no sleep for me tonight.. Ugh..

08-06-12, 1:07 PM

This was rather a nice episode! The main character role's are being changed to the Reporter and The Girl! I've got new hope for this Anime :D

09-14-12, 8:38 PM

The aunt was unstable and had a sister complex. She did not want to lose her niece, which represented her sister. The aunt also did not want the niece to be hurt the same way as her older sister. The mother that die, I guess she wanted to flee the island, because it was a boring shit hole. The niece wants to pull the string to kill off the aunt... wow, the niece is crazy O_O I only agree with the niece, when she did it in self defense.

I liked how Mina and the aunt were closer before and participated together in the school festival. Sad.

12-26-12, 3:15 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL omg poor bastard the reporter.....
Signature removed. Please consult your PM for more details.

06-14-13, 11:47 AM

I miss the punishment scenes. That's my favourite part of each episode but now they cut them out :/

06-16-13, 4:46 PM

okay so the aunt was a siscon and had mental problems cool. I thought the reporter would be dead when they pushed him luckily not but I feel sad for him solving it for first time and then unexpected event let the girl still make the deal but okay this time was pretty good reason this would be 1 of the cases that I would agree on sending someone to hell.

I miss this punishment scene allot but the anime is still cool. this way it more going in a story way now. but was that small gate you saw at the entrance of the cave not the actual gate way to hell? oh well I guess we find out sooner or later.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."

07-16-13, 1:26 PM

A game

01-03-14, 12:00 AM

Wow...this is the first episode in this series to actually make me feel creeped out, sad, and sympathetic.

Creeped out by the fact that the aunt was crazy with her multiple personality disorder playing the role as her niece's mom (aka her sister). Lol at first i actually thought like some crazy stuff would happen and that voice was actually the spirit of the dead sister but i digress.

Secondly i feel sad because of the way everything turned out, like they could've lived happily if for one that crazy aunt dint kill her sister. Yes maybe she would of left the island but she probably would've came back to visit from time to time. It shouldn't have ended this way :(

And thirdly i feel a little sympathetic toward the aunt because she was just trying to protect her niece from experience her sister felt and i also feel bad about her mental disorder.

01-25-14, 8:26 PM

Well, so much for the moral ambiguity, we're going back to the crazies.

No complains here though. Still, the whole setup was messed up, so there's no one to really blame. I'm really appreciating this show for being able to pull off these kinds of setups so much.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices