Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2015 10:12 PM

Apr 2014
IGNORE THIS DAMN THREAD. THIS THREAD DOES NOT REPRESENT ME IN ANY WAY. TURN BACK NOW. DO NOT PRESS REPLY, DO NOT ADD TO THIS THREAD, JUST GO BACK TO WHERE YOU WERE AND IGNORE THIS!
OneTrueAceJul 16, 2016 10:32 AM
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2015 3:18 AM

Mar 2012
No just no. With time Arc-V might surpass 5D's.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 3, 2015 4:00 AM

May 2009
So far so good. Well, at least I'm enjoying it. As a player I appreciate that all the summon types are in, and all the characters are kinda likeable (except the shibireru kid. he is annoying). Remeber Zexal? I hated all the characters.

For me:
DM >> Arc-V >> 5D's >>>>>>>> GX >>> Zexal
Jan 4, 2015 12:16 AM

Dec 2008
I like this series is better than Zexal for sure.
Jan 4, 2015 6:33 AM
Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:

To me 5D's was (and still is) easily the best in the franchise. However I like Arc-V more than Zexal 1, but still think Zexal ll is better.
Jan 4, 2015 1:10 PM

May 2008
Kowimen said:

For me:
DM >> Arc-V >> 5D's >>>>>>>> GX >>> Zexal

Little edit :D
GX>> Arc-V >> 5D's >> Zexal II>>DM >> Zexal
Jan 4, 2015 1:13 PM
Mar 2011
toei yugioh was the best
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 4, 2015 10:28 PM

Mar 2012
I'm still on Barian Emperor Onslaught arc in Zexal. Honestly even though duel is improving the amount of asspull increase drasticaly as well. Worst example is Yuma vs Vector when Yuma overwrite an existing card.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 5, 2015 6:15 AM
Mar 2013
NeoAnkara said:
I'm still on Barian Emperor Onslaught arc in Zexal. Honestly even though duel is improving the amount of asspull increase drasticaly as well. Worst example is Yuma vs Vector when Yuma overwrite an existing card.

The best episodes of the Barian Saga are 124-143 (last arc). Those were pretty awesome.
Jan 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
Action duels, the shitty characters like the shivers kid and having to explain every single thing like the viewer is a 5 year old are easily the worst thing to happen to a Yu-Gi-Oh anime. Honestly, Arc-V is the one i like the least, that current arc is much better than the first tho since it toned down my complaints

Action cards just let Yuya have the potential of making the most asspulls any Yu-Gi-Oh main character ever could.

I also feel Zexal gets more hate than it deserves based pretty much on Yuma and his friends (which get less and less screen time over time) which are far less annoying than Yuya's constant crying and his friends.
RagingManJan 6, 2015 1:11 PM
Jan 6, 2015 8:27 PM

Jun 2014
Roychop said:
NeoAnkara said:

To me 5D's was (and still is) easily the best in the franchise. However I like Arc-V more than Zexal 1, but still think Zexal ll is better.

Yeah. Zexal II was pretty underrated. I skipped Zexal I though, and I still don't feel like watching it.
Jan 10, 2015 10:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zexal is the worst imo
Jan 11, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2010
Zexal.
Mar 5, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2010
Arc V is easily the worst, does not resemble a Yugioh series at all
Near 50 episodes in and ZERO memorable duels or moments

Ignore the people who said Zexal was the worst, they clearly did not see the second half which is arguably the best span of 70 episodes I have seen, all the Barian back stories, IV vs Shark, Yuma v Shark III, Yuma v Astral, all the death, defying destiny etc.

DM > 5Ds > Zexal >>> GX >>> Arc V
Mar 6, 2015 8:33 AM
Jun 2011
Straight_Pride said:

Ignore the people who said Zexal was the worst, they clearly did not see the second half which is arguably the best span of 70 episodes I have seen, all the Barian back stories, IV vs Shark, Yuma v Shark III, Yuma v Astral, all the death, defying destiny etc.

i watched the second half of zexal and compared to the first one the second part was sucks. also there was in arc v more plot progress isodes then in zexal first season.also the main girl actully part of the plot episodes
Mar 6, 2015 3:41 PM

May 2008
Straight_Pride said:

I like Zexal II but the wrost is Zexal and DM

No any memorable duel? (Sora vs Kurosaki, LDS Ace vs Kurosaki, LDS vs Yuya,Yuzu and Gongenzaka, Yuto vs Sawatari...) Those are very Good episode. i Like Sora moments.

Also Zexal hase more bad character. Like the main heroine Kotori (Anzu 2.0) . Or Yuma other friends Tetsuo, Tokunosuke, Todoroki ect
Mar 6, 2015 3:43 PM
Mar 2015
Zexal, by far.
Mar 7, 2015 9:03 PM
Apr 2013
I like all Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series. Each has its own good and bad. But if I have to say which one that I like the least is Zexal. I don't hate it, but some things just doesn't fit to my liking. One of such things would be the character designs. Many characters are just look…too weird to me and there are some things that were too exaggerating. But overall Zexal still won over me and I don't hate it, it's just in the last place of Yu-Gi-Oh! series that I like.
Mar 9, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm I find Arc-V entertaining so far.
I'd say;

5D's --> Arc-V --> DM & Zexal --> GX
GX was way to boring for me, mindless duels EVERY episode, wasnt much to it really.
As it stands Arc-V actually has an interesting plot atm.
5D's was just more mature and the darkest out of all the Yugi-oh series, which I liked.

RagingMan said:
the shitty characters like the shivers kid

Oh god, please let him be killed any time ... he's so cringe.
PrOxAntoMar 9, 2015 7:49 AM
Mar 10, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2014
Heck no.

Mar 10, 2015 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
Straight_Pride said:

Pretty much agree on your rankings, but i honestly think Arc-V is improving, there's a couple of good episodes, but for every good episode there's like 5 terrible ones. I haven't finished GX and it has the score i gave it based on nostalgia pretty much, trying to push thru watching it has been a pain.
Mar 10, 2015 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
Straight_Pride said:

Yeah, it's like you ever want to remember the tennis duel, the tarzan duel, the mokey mokey duel, the Duel Giant duel, the Don Zaloog duel, the Eisenstein duel, the quiz duel (much better than the ARC-V quiz) and the like. GX had really silly duels back then, especially season 1.

And it's not like you'll ever remember Reiji Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Summons in one duel, or Yuya defeating Sawatari a second time, or Yuya summons Dark Rebellion like a psycho. Or Yuto vs Yugo with damn consequences. Or Yuzu vs Masumi (round 2). Even Gongenzaka vs Yaiba (DRAW). Or Beast-Eyes vs Daibakaze. Or Kurosaki's 16,400 ATK. Or Kurosaki vs Sora (Round 1).

And the the Millenium arc had so much to do with the actual card game which is yeah not the most famous part of the franchise.

Yeah, yeah. I'm not sarcastic. I'm totally serious. Yes, totally serious. What's sarcasm?
MajinAkumaMar 10, 2015 11:05 AM
Mar 10, 2015 11:45 AM
Apr 2013
Zexal is definetly the worse. I think Arc V is great and is getting close to surpassing 5D's. I agree Arc V started off pretty meh and Zexal-like but it has gotten so good
Mar 14, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
MajinAkuma said:
Straight_Pride said:

Yeah, it's like you ever want to remember the tennis duel, the tarzan duel, the mokey mokey duel, the Duel Giant duel, the Don Zaloog duel, the Eisenstein duel, the quiz duel (much better than the ARC-V quiz) and the like. GX had really silly duels back then, especially season 1.

And it's not like you'll ever remember Reiji Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Summons in one duel, or Yuya defeating Sawatari a second time, or Yuya summons Dark Rebellion like a psycho. Or Yuto vs Yugo with damn consequences. Or Yuzu vs Masumi (round 2). Even Gongenzaka vs Yaiba (DRAW). Or Beast-Eyes vs Daibakaze. Or Kurosaki's 16,400 ATK. Or Kurosaki vs Sora (Round 1).

And the the Millenium arc had so much to do with the actual card game which is yeah not the most famous part of the franchise.

Yeah, yeah. I'm not sarcastic. I'm totally serious. Yes, totally serious. What's sarcasm?

You are setting the bar very low for moments
First 50 episodes of other series gave us
DM - Blue Eues Ultimate and Kaibas threat and the 5 part Pegasus duel
GX - Graduation duel (Judai vs Manjayome #3 is on the same level as the Arc V stuff you mentioned)
5ds - Yusei v Aki & Jack
Zexal - Rematch v Kite

Trend there is rematches vs rivals who have beaten the main characters in previous episodes and duels with the main villains, Arc V is lacking rivalry
Mar 15, 2015 12:30 AM
Jun 2011
Straight_Pride said:
MajinAkuma said:

GX - Graduation duel (Judai vs Manjayome #3 is on the same level as the Arc V stuff you mentioned)
5ds - Yusei v Aki & Jack
Zexal - Rematch v Kite

Trend there is rematches vs rivals who have beaten the main characters in previous episodes and duels with the main villains, Arc V is lacking rivalry
Straight_Pride said:
MajinAkuma said:

5ds - Yusei v Aki & Jack
Zexal - Rematch v Kite

i didnt like yuma or the barians arc at all. in arc v there are more plot episodes which i enjoyed more then zexal. also the dimensions plot are really good and the war between them this what make arc v more enjoyable then zexal the plot is much better also the duals between the outhers summons from different dimensions
Mar 15, 2015 1:38 PM

Apr 2007
I still have a lot of GX and Arc-V to get through, but Zexal is my favorite series so far. I just love how all the character's stories unfolded and found the Barian arc to be very exciting. Ryoga is my favorite YGO character so far as well, his development was glorious. If 5D's could keep the same level of greatness the first 64 episodes had throughout the rest of the series it would surly be #1. I dislike main characters who lack personality so Yusei didn't help much either.

GX hasn't been that great so far and I couldn't stand Yuuya in the first 7ish episodes I watched so I have no idea how my ranking will change. Arc-V seems to have a good story going by what I've been hearing though

Hoping to start it after I finish the second season of GX o3o
Mar 15, 2015 3:02 PM
Jun 2011
Monochrome said:
I still have a lot of GX and Arc-V to get through, but Zexal is my favorite series so far. I just love how all the character's stories unfolded and found the Barian arc to be very exciting. Ryoga is my favorite YGO character so far as well, his development was glorious. If 5D's could keep the same level of greatness the first 64 episodes had throughout the rest of the series it would surly be #1. I dislike main characters who lack personality so Yusei didn't help much either.

GX hasn't been that great so far and I couldn't stand Yuuya in the first 7ish episodes I watched so I have no idea how my ranking will change. Arc-V seems to have a good story going by what I've been hearing though

Hoping to start it after I finish the second season of GX o3o
in arc v unlike zexal where kotori was lack personallity yuzu is not lack personallity
Mar 15, 2015 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
The only thing I'm hating about this particular series is Futoshi, the guy that shivers a lot. >.>
I don't hate Sawatari and Yuzu and such. Just Futoshi.

Can't say anything about Zexal as I haven't watched it.. nor I have gone through 5DS (I've watched a few episodes but that's it.)
By the way people are responding, I'll be staying clear of Zexal, but 5DS, should I watch that or not..
Well anyway, right now I'd say GX was the worst. (that I've seen)
Mar 15, 2015 3:52 PM
Jun 2011
SandyBoi said:
The only thing I'm hating about this particular series is Futoshi, the guy that shivers a lot. >.>

Can't say anything about Zexal as I haven't watched it.. nor I have gone through 5DS (I've watched a few episodes but that's it.)
By the way people are responding, I'll be staying clear of Zexal, but 5DS, should I watch that or not..
you should watch 5d it realy a good season
Mar 15, 2015 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
elior1 said:
SandyBoi said:

you should watch 5d it realy a good season

Yeah giving it a shot. 5 episodes in. So far so good.
Mar 16, 2015 3:24 AM

May 2012
Zexal first part is still the worst. At least the progression of Arc-V felt a bit faster than Zexal first part. Zexal II with the Barians was much better, and I like the plot twist of who the two missing Barians are.

Roychop said:
Same here. 5D's is still the best so far and darkest compare to the rest. I'm currently rewatching DM in Japanese version, so DM might be on par with 5D's imo after I'm done re-watching it.
Mar 16, 2015 2:45 PM

Nov 2011
5d's Dark Signer Arc imo is one of the best arc of the franchise. I still occasionally watch it here and then. To me (from what I've watched), Yugioh GX's third arc is pretty shitty. I didn't watch the final arc of the series though so not sure if it gets worse or not. I watched Yugioh Zexal's first episode and dropped it so not sure on that either.

For this series, it had a weak start imo but the current arc is one of my favorites.
Mar 17, 2015 1:56 AM

Mar 2014
Straight_Pride said:
MajinAkuma said:

5ds - Yusei v Aki & Jack
Zexal - Rematch v Kite

Guess who get a rematch in the 50th ARC-V episode.
Mar 23, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2007
elior1 said:
in arc v unlike zexal where kotori was lack personallity yuzu is not lack personallity
I thought Kotori played her role as a cute cheerleader really well *biased because I love her voice actress* But this series does look more promising with the female lead at least .-.
Mar 24, 2015 5:51 AM

Feb 2009
5D's is easily the worst one. "Dark plot" is for immature children who think that a children anime cannot have good plot. Plot and animation was very edgy, and after the Fortune Cup (and the Dark Signer arc), everything is boring and don't even make sense. So many plot holes.

GX and Zexal are underrated and they're a beast as the plot progress. Just the exact opposite of 5D's. Arc-V is doing GREAT, the pacing is nice as it cares a lot about the plot and is very well written, and on top of that it's the series that showed us its "true heart" in the shortest time.

The rank is easily
GX > Zexal > Arc-V > Duel Monsters > 5D's

But for review sake I'm rewatching all of them to judge better.
Mar 24, 2015 6:34 AM

Jun 2012
I've seen parts of Zexal, Arc-V, & Duel Monsters and of those three, Arc-V is the worst. Duel Monsters was pretty good, Zexal was mildly entertaining, but I couldn't watch more than a few episodes of Arc-V before dropping it.
"I'm gonna make you bleed like me!"
Characterization Society
Discord
Mar 24, 2015 8:44 AM

Aug 2009
ratings according to MAL to this date

5D'S Score: 7.57
DM Score: 7.53
GX Score: 7.20
Arc-V Score: 7.12
Zexal: Score: 6.74

it's very clear to me zexal was the worst: repetitive duels, generic plot.. nothing memorable, at least for me. (yes, I know there's another entry for season 2 but most of those ratings are from people who liked s1)

5d's did everything right, the music, duels, plot, everything about it was amazing, if you didn't enjoy it i feel sorry for you, i don't think we'll get to see another one like that.
SlashBlackMar 24, 2015 9:22 AM
Mar 24, 2015 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
Considering Arc-V is by the same director as 5D's, the plot and story telling is actually flowing into something really amazing.
We've got confirmations that 5D's characters will appear in Arc-V as well so I can say for sure this series will get better over time.

5D's > GX= Arc V > Original series >>>>>>>Zexal
so far for me.

Also, it's painfully obvious but this series finally explains why in other series there wasn't the other series' special summoning trait like Synchro, XYZ, fusion, etc.
The alternate dimension thing finally clears up the one big question I had for the Yu gi oh anime franchise so I'm really loving it right now.

Hell, Arc-V might surpass 5D's at this rate for me.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 25, 2015 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
SinKira said:
Considering Arc-V is by the same director as 5D's, the plot and story telling is actually flowing into something really amazing.
We've got confirmations that 5D's characters will appear in Arc-V as well so I can say for sure this series will get better over time.

so far for me.

Also, it's painfully obvious but this series finally explains why in other series there wasn't the other series' special summoning trait like Synchro, XYZ, fusion, etc.
The alternate dimension thing finally clears up the one big question I had for the Yu gi oh anime franchise so I'm really loving it right now.

Well, except the obvious fact that Duel Monster had Ritual and Fusions, there are this: GX had Fusions and Rituals, 5D's had Synchros and Fusions, and ZEXAL had Xyzs, Fusions and Rituals. Also, it was already confirmed that Duel Monsters, GX and 5D's are from the same timeline and the same dimension, while ZEXAL showed a little connection to Duel Monsters and GX.
Mar 25, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2013
MajinAkuma said:
SinKira said:

so far for me.

Well, except the obvious fact that Duel Monster had Ritual and Fusions, there are this: GX had Fusions and Rituals, 5D's had Synchros and Fusions, and ZEXAL had Xyzs, Fusions and Rituals. Also, it was already confirmed that Duel Monsters, GX and 5D's are from the same timeline and the same dimension, while ZEXAL showed a little connection to Duel Monsters and GX.

i know all that considering im a huge fan of yu gi oh anime. What I'm implying here is obviously the possibility of alternate dimensions taking into considerations into why the characters from previous series with their unique summoning has a chance to come back to this series.
HyuseMar 25, 2015 10:27 PM

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 27, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
Artie315 said:
5D's is easily the worst one. "Dark plot" is for immature children who think that a children anime cannot have good plot. Plot and animation was very edgy, and after the Fortune Cup (and the Dark Signer arc), everything is boring and don't even make sense. So many plot holes.

GX and Zexal are underrated and they're a beast as the plot progress. Just the exact opposite of 5D's. Arc-V is doing GREAT, the pacing is nice as it cares a lot about the plot and is very well written, and on top of that it's the series that showed us its "true heart" in the shortest time.

The rank is easily

This,
I really like 5Ds, but peopple do blow a lot of smoke out its ass because of ''edgy''

Apr 9, 2015 3:20 PM

Jan 2009
To be honest, I don't think this is any better than Zexal.
Zexal sucked, but at least it was watchable because of Shark (and a few other characters), also Yuma's deck wasn't bad.
Arc-V in the other hand, I didn't like any of its characters (including Yuya), and non of the monsters looks cool to me.
Also the idea of Action duel is totally dumb, and is only used as a way to get Yuya out of trouble.
These days it's difficult not to spend all cards in your hand (especially with Pendulum summon), so when there's no way Yuya can have extra cards to protect himself, he just grabs an Action card! that's what seems to be the purpose of Action duel.
Apr 9, 2015 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
DiabloMask said:

Also the idea of Action duel is totally dumb, and is only used as a way to get Yuya out of trouble.
These days it's difficult not to spend all cards in your hand (especially with Pendulum summon), so when there's no way Yuya can have extra cards to protect himself, he just grabs an Action card! that's what seems to be the purpose of Action duel.

You do realize that it's heavily implied that the Action Duels are a form to train the Standards to the war, right?
Apr 9, 2015 5:52 PM

Mar 2015
I haven't watched yugioh in years but I loved gx.
Gx and 5d's were the only ones I finished (never finished the original when I was younger.) Never really liked zexal.
Apr 13, 2015 9:03 AM
Mar 2013
Kenju said:
Artie315 said:

The rank is easily

This,
I really like 5Ds, but peopple do blow a lot of smoke out its ass because of ''edgy''

5D's has so many plot holes, bad writing, dropped/unresolved plot points and so on to a point it drives me nuts. It's enough that I honestly gave it a 6 (I'm still thinking about dropping it to a 5 though). The first half even had some issues. Granted I like 5D's the most, but I have by far the most problems with 5D's.
RoychopApr 13, 2015 3:47 PM
Apr 14, 2015 7:42 AM

Apr 2014
DiabloMask said:
To be honest, I don't think this is any better than Zexal.
Zexal sucked, but at least it was watchable because of Shark (and a few other characters), also Yuma's deck wasn't bad.
Arc-V in the other hand, I didn't like any of its characters (including Yuya), and non of the monsters looks cool to me.

I think your kind of ignoring the story purpose of action duels.

Apr 24, 2015 8:54 AM
Mar 2014
Calling Arc-V the worst implies that Zexal is better. That is a lie.
Terrible characters, repetitive duels, a lame as hell story that doesn't start to pick up until near the end, and a *censored* ton of plot holes regarding the timeline that Arc-V had to fix. Arc-V actually has good characters, duels, and story. Even with Action Card spam(which only Yuya does) the duels are still entertaining for the most part.

I also believe the dark signer arc is the best arc in the franchise, but after that everything just went way downhill(and they buried Carly), and even that's better than Zexal. Only really good thing about Zexal was the tournament back in season 1.

For me it's Dark Signer arc>DM(only one to keep an mainly consistent quality throughout the entire thing)=Arc-V(for now)>GX(never finished it, but I remember it taking forever to actually form a real plot)>>>>>post dark signer 5Ds>>>>>>>>>Zexal
Here comes the change
Apr 24, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Forget it, we're done here.
CM said:
Right now, me, right now, in Cleveland, Ohio, take fucking care of me right fucking now. Don't worry about where I'm supposed to be tomorrow. Don't worry about what segment I'm supposed to be. Fucking fix me. My fucking ribs are broken, my knee is fucking torn up, I'm fucking sick. Fucking help me.
Apr 25, 2015 6:19 AM
Mar 2013
OneTrueAce said:
Forget it, we're done here.

Then you'd best ask an admin to lock it (you're the one who made the thread).
Apr 26, 2015 5:58 AM

Apr 2014
this is the first series that i really care and follow a plot by week to week with likeable character.

5ds lost interesting following plot after second season.

oblivious if you don't count classic one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.