Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2014: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 30, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2014
Thanks to the elves and my Secret Santa! It's kinda funny because I was supposed to be your Secret Santa but they gave me a different person a day before the deadline hahaha

Also Happy New Year :p
Dec 30, 2014 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the rec, GomuBlade! I know you couldn't remember it all that well, but it's been really fun so far (Sorry I'm not farther along though!), and I really appreciate it.

For feedback on the event:

-I had a lot of fun with it again this year. Would definitely participate for a third time (though I might loosen the restrictions on my rec next time and sign up for the image version again too).

-Is there any chance that we could get an extra week (or at least a few more days) to hand our recs (or images) in next time? It would help with anyone who got a santa switch or just generally help out since it's such a busy time of year anyway.

-I got a cat gif in one message as an apology for mixing up my recipient. You guys should totally add those to each of the gifts. Definitely.

Either way, fun and cute event, and I'm glad I participated in it! Thanks to the everyone who helped out as the elves! You guys were great (and thanks to the ones who kept in touch as Elf-chama). c:
removed-userDec 30, 2014 7:13 PM
Dec 30, 2014 7:25 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
vanRenN said:
Want to thank my SECRET SANTA Zelot who actually worked harder than other santas? i mean i see his name mentioned in image editions five times? for the gift, effort and time he spend. Also a big thank you to all elves and of course Kineta just because! And yes, I'm always glad to take part in this event, at least in the image edition.

&& I was surprised when I got my recipient since I know this person pretty well so it was more like a Christmas present for a friend. I suppose match-ups weren't that random at all c':

See you again next year!

haha, i was just a back up img helper for secret santa :)!
I'm glad you enjoyed your present!! I tried a lot of newer things with and I can't help but say that your reaction made me feel wonderful! Thank you so much!

This year was fun and I am glad to have helped out! I love the presents I have received, the recommendation is really enjoyable and my images were just enough to make me almost cry!
Dec 31, 2014 3:58 AM

Sep 2013
@Luna-sama: thanks a lot for the gifts. *Seizon* was truly amazing [ already read it twice, lol – second time with my sis :3 ]! Yet to start *Kagen no tsuki*, but knowing it's a manga from Ai Yazawa-sensei I'd love it for sure. =D

@Leap-chan: thanks again for the Asuka pic! Going to put it in *The corner of the artist*, in my about me. :')
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Dec 31, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2014
Thanks again to my secret Santas, thanks to my recipients for not (publicly) hating the gifts :D
And of course a big thank you to everyone that was involved in the planning and organization of this event!

It was my first time participating and it was more or less a spontaneous idea that I didn't regret. Also I have to say I actually liked the restrictions of the recommendation edition, making it a bit more of a challenge and made myself discover some new titles.
Dec 31, 2014 5:45 AM
Sep 2014
Subpyro said:
lupadim said:
My elf recommended me something that I had already watched

Rather interesting that the elf who was in care didn't notice that. Mine has kept a sharp eye on what to return as soon as a slight detail was off. :p

lol. Mine even added in a new criterion; the show must not be airing. Though this was probably stated in the fine text somewhere :P
Dec 31, 2014 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
minusatwelfth said:
Subpyro said:

Rather interesting that the elf who was in care didn't notice that. Mine has kept a sharp eye on what to return as soon as a slight detail was off. :p

lol. Mine even added in a new criterion; the show must not be airing. Though this was probably stated in the fine text somewhere :P

It's amusing how in the end, your Santa brought you something that has not yet aired. xD
Dec 31, 2014 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
Ty all ^^.
Vexper said:
Thanks Cigarette!
Also, I no longer feel bad for whipping that up in about 2 minutes, heh. I felt like a bad santa after having received my set in comparison to what I did. (For you) Glad you enjoyed/liked it!
Dec 31, 2014 9:58 AM

Mar 2008
Another wonderful Secret Santa event this year! This is one of my favorite things about MAL. :)

Happy holidays, everyone!

Dec 31, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
Thanks for the hard work Secret Santas. And have a Happy New Year.
Dec 31, 2014 9:22 PM

Mar 2010
Thank you! Meokii and Lirina! :D Awesome gifts!!! <333

Happy holidays to both of you <3

Thanks to all elves!!! Was fun working with you all.
Jan 2, 2015 7:20 AM

Oct 2011
I haven't been on buuuut... Thanks reaperqwert! Thanks to Zelot for the bonus. That was a really nice gesture. Secret Santa was really fun, and it's really flattering to see someone else use my edits every once in a while. Happy New Year everyone!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Yesterday

9 by jay »»
4 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

15 by Taiyaki »»
Yesterday, 2:29 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Yesterday, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.