Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2014 5:45 PM
Oct 2014
Since most of you seem to know more about this manga than Ishida itself, Id love to read your theories about if Hide is or is not alive and why.
genetickDec 29, 2014 5:52 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 29, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2014
My theory is that he's alive unless they confirm that he's dead.

Dec 29, 2014 6:05 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly I believe he's alive and hidden in CCG.

I'll go in details later.
Dec 29, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2014
Yeah I think so too. Body was not found and no ghoul (save Norio, but just look at his mouth) is able to eat a whole body in one sitting.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 29, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2013
Body or it didn't happen...no but I really think he's alive
Dec 29, 2014 7:19 PM
Dec 2014
MuggleBorn said:
Body or it didn't happen
Dec 29, 2014 7:25 PM

Oct 2014
LOL the Hide discussion has reached the crescent of exhaustion in its speculations
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 30, 2014 12:08 AM

Aug 2014
He's probably dead, just like Kaneki...

Come at me, Arcanix.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 30, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
thx for the spoiler title

i didn't know he died in the first place
Dec 30, 2014 12:11 AM

Aug 2014
Moodie said:

Why are you on the TG:Re section when you haven't even finished the prequel manga?
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 30, 2014 12:28 AM

Oct 2014
Maledict said:
Moodie said:

Why are you on the TG:Re section when you haven't even finished the prequel manga?

tru
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 30, 2014 12:29 AM

Sep 2012
Maledict said:
Moodie said:

This thread shows up in the Recent Posts link. All threads do.
Dec 30, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2014
Red_Keys said:
Maledict said:

Well its not a spoiler since no one knows if he's dead or not.
Dec 30, 2014 5:41 AM
Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Red_Keys said:

Well its not a spoiler since no one knows if he's dead or not.
Dec 30, 2014 5:43 AM

Oct 2013
Is Hide dead? (theories thread)
Dec 30, 2014 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
Yes there's just too much we don't know about him. And no body was ever found, unlike Amon's arm, and I don't think a crazed Kaneki would eat him whole leaving no trace to be found. Personally I think he's working, or is aquainted with Eto or Yoshimura
Dec 30, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Jarkzy said:
Since most of you seem to know more about this manga than Ishida itself ...

lol
Dec 30, 2014 6:14 AM

Feb 2014
hide is alive. but i have no idea about the rest like who really is he, what is he doing, where is he, etc.

hide is suspicious .
EustassKiddo !
Dec 30, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
Common sense would tell you he's dead (based on him vanishing after Kaneki woke up, the taste of blood in his mouth, etc.) but I think Ishida probably kept him alive for a big reveal later. Maybe Hide found a way to satiate Kaneki's hunger without offering himself up as food. He's a smart guy and I don't think he would've approached Kaneki like that in the sewer without some kind of plan, we will wait in see.

Would be cool if he's turned into a badass investigator and CCG is keeping him separate from Sasaki on some special mission in case his presence would bring Kaneki's memories back.
Apr 30, 2015 10:50 PM
Apr 2015
Since Haise Sasaki Is gonna Be in Tokyo Ghoul:re its gonna be Takizawa, Takatsuki n Arima Topics , Hide would be Out of the subject .Probably alive too.But if Ishida wants he can create a story with hide coming out of no where with an Explanation So for now I'm okay With believing he's dead (It Pains tho..)
White Deviless
May 4, 2015 4:46 AM

Feb 2014
after the anime, my hopes decreased lol i missed him so much. and possibly i can not stand the death of him twice..
EustassKiddo !
May 4, 2015 9:29 AM
Jan 2015
Well. It's possible he is alive or maybe that's one of things was locked out of Sasaki memories. Memory of him eating Hide. I think we will find it out rather soon.
May 5, 2015 9:03 PM
Jan 2015
if the anime is any indicator, he's dead.
would be mindfucking if kaneki returns to linger for a while, only to discover he ate hide. BRB mental shut down, Haise returns, emo bullshit ensues. o gawd
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.
May 8, 2015 3:54 PM

May 2014
Jarkzy said:
Since most of you seem to know more about this manga than Ishida itself, Id love to read your theories about if Hide is or is not alive and why.

Touka visited someone in the hospital, i think that could be Hide, but who knows...

And to be honest, in this manga no one died yet who had important role:
Shinohara, Seido, Rize, Yoshimura, Tsuyama, "Kaneki", (Amon), all of these characters was pretty close to death, but Ishida decided not to kill them at the end, or it was reviled later, that they somehow managed to survive. Even about Touka's father was hinted that he is alive in Cochlea.
So i dont think Hide is dead.
RaidenHUNMay 8, 2015 4:08 PM
May 8, 2015 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
nice
May 9, 2015 9:20 AM
Jun 2014
[quote=RaidenHUN]
Jarkzy said:
Even about Touka's father was hinted that he is alive in Cochlea.

WHERE WAS IT?
I remember there was sth like this but I can't recall it T_T
May 9, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2013
dinfea said:
RaidenHUN said:

WHERE WAS IT?

The fact that they're still farming and producing new Aratas somehow?

May 9, 2015 3:31 PM

May 2014
[quote=dinfea]
RaidenHUN said:
Jarkzy said:

WHERE WAS IT?

Because the CCG making new arata shields. It took years to creat a proper unique (in Jasons case it took 6 moths, if you want to make a Kakuja shield i think it needs more time) they were able to produce 2 and at the and of TG Amon got a "new" prototype, which means Arata has to be alive to create it.
One more reason: the CCG doesnt kill of the strongest ghouls (above S), they didn't killed Shachi nor Roma either.
May 12, 2015 3:15 PM
Jun 2014
[quote=RaidenHUN]
dinfea said:
RaidenHUN said:

WHERE WAS IT?

Because the CCG making new arata shields. It took years to creat a proper unique (in Jasons case it took 6 moths, if you want to make a Kakuja shield i think it needs more time) they were able to produce 2 and at the and of TG Amon got a "new" prototype, which means Arata has to be alive to create it.
One more reason: the CCG doesnt kill of the strongest ghouls (above S), they didn't killed Shachi nor Roma either.

I thought about arata's like this: if they somehow managed to make quinque out of the dead ghoul they could get some skills in this, too.
But of course your explanation makes sense.
May 17, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
Unfortunately, nobody important dies. Seriously, that's the biggest problem with this manga, if there's any. I mean, can we finally get rid of Naki? He is fun and everything, but he is one-trick and in such big battles named ghouls should die way more often.

Though I desperately wish Hide was dead. I liked him as a character, but he didn't get his place - his storyline was underdevelopped. Also an all forgiving friend really has no place in their universe. But more importantly it is just too good to have for once a plot, where the protag turned into a monster does really kill someone imortant to him, as is logical. Hide was acting stupid too, when he approached a crazed wounded ghoul. It'd be a pity if everything turns out fine, as it usually does in fiction.
May 17, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2015
[quote=dinfea]
RaidenHUN said:
dinfea said:

I thought about arata's like this: if they somehow managed to make quinque out of the dead ghoul they could get some skills in this, too.
But of course your explanation makes sense.

Touka's father is alive. What do you think they made the 'arata' out of? His kagune.
Hello
May 23, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2011
I think that he's totally dead. Somebody important had to die in Tokyo Ghoul, because after all it was a tragedy. When Kaneki returns he will feel guilt since he ate his best friend. I think that Kaneki will completely return in chapter 63 of re:. There's no point in stating that Hide is missing if he's not dead. If he's missing it means that they were unable to find his body parts, so that basically it means he got eaten.

As for Root A, his death in it made me laugh since it reminded me of something:
CharlesMarlowMay 23, 2015 12:58 PM
May 23, 2015 3:32 PM

Mar 2015
I think Hide is either dead or in a coma missing a few body parts. The guilt will be interesting in terms of Kaneki developement when he finally returns and remembers what he did
May 23, 2015 10:33 PM
Jan 2014
Yes he's alive.

There are a couple theories out there (Him being a Washuu or being apart of Aogiri) that I think seem the most probable but who knows with Ishida-sensei anything could happen.

I could write some long ass post but just think about it, what purpose would killing Hide do for the story? Hide is the most mysterious character which means he needs to stay alive in order to drive the story forward and to keep the fans guessing.

Let me put it in the best way possible, if you don't see a character's death then you should assume that the character is still alive.

Sabo from one piece is a prime example of that.
Burgerboner69May 23, 2015 10:38 PM
May 24, 2015 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
Nobody important dies in the manga,so he is probably alive too....
May 24, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2015
http://sans-san.tumblr.com/post/114794719288/hideyoshi-nagachika-theories-compilation-hides
Maybe some of you have read this before. Quite interesting imo. Anyway for me I don't believe he is dead but I can't completely believe he is alive too. So imma just stay neutral until everything is confirm. But it's not wrong to have faith in him that he will return to Kaneki/Haise someday right?
May 24, 2015 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
hey guys... what if hide is brother of arima???????? just an idea lol

since we can say he is aa member of washuu family, we can also say he is brother of arima or hirako or maybe suzuya?????? looool

but.. im sort of serious . why washuu? it can be arima as well... seriously why washuu...

an interesting idea? i think the real group who is involved with dr kanou's experiments not aogiri, it's CCG, namely washuu family and arima... so this takes us to the conclusion that if hide is relative of them, actually he knew everything from the beginnig or he was aware of them. so... that makes hide our enemy.

so yes.. my unbelievable theory ends here. you can go read the other comments lol
EustassKiddo !
May 24, 2015 12:53 PM

Apr 2015
ftsyzc said:

since we can say he is aa member of washuu family, we can also say he is brother of arima or hirako or maybe suzuya?????? looool

but.. im sort of serious . why washuu? it can be arima as well... seriously why washuu...

an interesting idea? i think the real group who is involved with dr kanou's experiments not aogiri, it's CCG, namely washuu family and arima... so this takes us to the conclusion that if hide is relative of them, actually he knew everything from the beginnig or he was aware of them. so... that makes hide our enemy.

so yes.. my unbelievable theory ends here. you can go read the other comments lol

If you read the post part of it explains about the naming of Washuu family.(Even tho it's just random theory right now)
This >>The position of the “yoshi/kichi” kanji seems to alternate between the generations. If it’s the first kanji in the father’s name, then it’s the last kanji in the son’s name, and vice versa:
Dai'kichi' Washuu
'Yoshi'u Washuu
Tsune'yoshi' Washuu
'Yoshi'toki Washuu
and the next one in line would be:
Hide'yoshi' Washuu
If you're going to say he is Arima or Juuzou's brother do you mind to post the reference here?I would like to read about it too.
CozattoMay 24, 2015 12:57 PM
May 25, 2015 4:48 PM
Jan 2015
ftsyzc said:

since we can say he is aa member of washuu familyl

so no fucking thing is ever organic, and hide was strategically used or an incredible coincidence took place? the clowns involvement in the rize-kaneki-kanou incident was pushing it, I don't know why everyone likes this sort of thing. kaneki was normal, hide was normal, that's for the best.

it happens in shonen alone way too much. ichigo was a normal kid with sixth sense and holy shit, now he's a quincy/shinigami legacy. naruto? he was an afflicted persevering orphan with autism, then he became the 4th's son...then he became one of the chosen ones by destiny. kaneki and hide being normal without any connections to the human/ghoul generational conflict would be novel.
"Is it just me, or is the lobby full of ghouls?" - CCG investigator Roger Sterling.
May 26, 2015 1:05 AM
Oct 2013
I believe someone Touka visit in hospital was Hide

May 28, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
Cozatto said:
ftsyzc said:

If you read the post part of it explains about the naming of Washuu family.(Even tho it's just random theory right now)
This >>The position of the “yoshi/kichi” kanji seems to alternate between the generations. If it’s the first kanji in the father’s name, then it’s the last kanji in the son’s name, and vice versa:
Dai'kichi' Washuu
'Yoshi'u Washuu
Tsune'yoshi' Washuu
'Yoshi'toki Washuu
and the next one in line would be:
Hide'yoshi' Washuu
If you're going to say he is Arima or Juuzou's brother do you mind to post the reference here?I would like to read about it too.

no no, i have no reference.. or my reference is me lol

but this name connection... idk maybe its true. maybe kaneki was chosen by hide to be turned into a half ghoul. lol theories, theories... we can say anything we want right now.

but.. if the name is enough to connect people, then why marude and the others didnt recognize hide if he really is the son of washuu? like "wait a minute.. this name.. this f*cking name..you cant be the son of our boss, can you?!" or something. idk.
EustassKiddo !
May 28, 2015 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
Hide Is alive. He was in the re coffee shop. He was rescued by touka in the first place and the two build a strong bond

enough to make touka visit him in the hospital.
Currently, it is also speculated that Touka, Hide and Loser live in the same house but it's not yet confirmed.
Hello
May 28, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
teruu said:
Hide Is alive. He was in the re coffee shop. He was rescued by touka in the first place and the two build a strong bond.

what? Touka was with Yomo when anteiku raid was happening.
May 28, 2015 1:28 PM

Feb 2015
Z4k said:
teruu said:
Hide Is alive. He was in the re coffee shop. He was rescued by touka in the first place and the two build a strong bond.

Yeah. And when the anteiku building was burning, Kaneki met Touka. Kaneki was with a seriously injured Hide.. After Kaneki got beaten up by Arima. Touka had to save hide's life which she did.
Hello
May 28, 2015 1:31 PM

Apr 2014
teruu said:
Z4k said:

Yeah. And when the anteiku building was burning, Kaneki met Touka. Kaneki was with a seriously injured Hide.. After Kaneki got beaten up by Arima. Touka had to save hide's life which she did.

What are you even talking about? Kaneki and Hide met at the sewers not anteiku.
May 28, 2015 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
Z4k said:
teruu said:

That happens in the manga. They meet in the coffee shop in the anime.
Hello
May 28, 2015 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
teruu said:
Z4k said:

ugh you can't be serious? Tokyo ghoul:re is the sequel to the original manga not Root A.
May 28, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
Z4k said:
teruu said:

ugh you can't be serious? Tokyo ghoul:re is the sequel to the original manga not Root A.

He's either a troll or anime-only fagg.

Advice for teruu: Go and read the fucking manga from the very beggining, you won't regret it and you will be shocked of how much was butchered/altered and completely destroyed in the anime adaptation.
CharlesMarlowMay 28, 2015 2:38 PM
May 29, 2015 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
Z4k said:
teruu said:

Yeah I know. The plot continues onwards...
Hello
May 29, 2015 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
teruu said:

Yeah I know. The plot continues onwards...

What are you talking about? lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.