Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2011
Now that the year has closed it's movie lineup, here I've listed my top 5 films of 2014. For those movies that I loved and strongly recommend for any of you to watch, and here they are:

5. X-men: Days of Future Past

Why: This is probably the best comic book based movie of the year and the only one of these to make it to my list. Despite not being accurate to the original Days of Future Past comic, the action and performances sell everything that it could offer, making it the best X-men film we have yet, in my opinion.

4. Ernest & Celestine

Why: I know this movie came out in France on 2012, but since it just released in North America on 2014 I mind as well count it. This a gorgeous animated film and one of the best ones I've seen in a very long time. I even have to admit that I shred a tear at one part, and for a movie like this to do that, it deserves credit.

3. The Raid 2: Berandal

Why: Balls to the wall, dipshit insane, brutal Indonesian, action, during the course of a 2 hour and 30 minute movie. You can't imagine my reaction when I first saw it in the theater, yet that was a point when I already knew that the first Raid movie was amazing in terms of action, but THIS just takes it to another level. The Raid 2 is violent, amazingly fun, and one of the best action films I've ever seen.

2. Enemy

Why: One of the most suspenseful, mind-fuck thrillers I've seen this year, in a very good way. Even though Jake Gyllenhaal gave a much better performance in Nightcrawler, Enemy is a movie that demands focus as the direction and look of the film is done flawlessly. Pretty much Enemy was my favorite movie of 2014 until that one came and hit the spot.

1. Birdman

Why: I don't think I've been this impressed for watching a movie like Birdman before, from performances, direction, editing, soundtrack, etc. All I can say without ruining any surprises is that you should watch this movie. I don't just strongly recommend anyone to watch it, but the movie itself in my opinion, truly stands out as a modern masterpiece when it comes to filmmaking. That is why Birdman is my favorite film of 2014.

So yeah these were my top 5 best movies of 2014. Also not forgetting my Honorable Mentions:
Interstellar, Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train your Dragon 2, The Lego Movie, Nightcrawler, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Under the Skin.

What are your top 5 best movies of 2014?
Dec 30, 2014 5:14 PM

Jul 2007
1. Birdman
2. The Lego Movie
3. Whiplash
4. Gone Girl
5. The Babadook

Honorable Mentions - Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Big Eyes, How to Train Your Dragon 2, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Snowpiercer
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 31, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
1) Fury- Dem feels, great war film depicting the indomitability of the human spirit, their fortitude, tenacity and perseverance. The suspense kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time in the cinema.

2) Guardians of the Galaxy- Exceeded every expectation I initially had, superb characters and they were all lovable and the character interactions were hilarious.

3) Xmen: Days of Future Past- Phenomenal action, animation and cast. That quicksilver slow motion scene was great and hilarious lmao.

4) Gone Girl- Superb twist.

5) The Fault in Our Stars- Great romance, drama, likable characters.

Honorable mentions: Interstellar, Boyhood, The Lego Movie, Captain America 2
Dec 31, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
1. Interstellar
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. The Lego Movie (really bias because I know people who worked on it..)
4. X-men: Days of Future Past
5. Gone Girl

Looking forward to 2015's films far more.

Happy new year everyone!
Jan 1, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
1.Birdman
2.Gone Girl
3.Whiplash
4.Princess Kaguya
5.Snowpiercer

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2013
1.Birdman
2.Gone Girl
3.Interstellar
4.Whiplash
5.GotG or John wick!
Jan 15, 2015 9:45 PM
Jan 2013
1) Gone Girl
2) The Raid 2
3) Whiplash
4) X-men: Days of Future Past
5) Boyhood
Jan 16, 2015 11:35 AM
Jan 2015
1. Big Hero 6
2. The Maze Runner
3. The Giver
4. The Lego Movie
5. Big Eyes
Jan 16, 2015 12:26 PM

Oct 2014
1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Actually was super, super skeptical about this reboot but I'm loving it so far.

2. X-Men: Days of Future Past - Easily one of the better X-Men movies thus far.

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - I actually loved this more than the first installment of the Captain America Marvel movies. Had some great action!

4. The Lego Movie - Just lots of fun and really enjoyable.

5. The Fault in Our Stars - Literally every bit as good as the book. Great music and a solid cast of actors to play the part.
Jan 16, 2015 12:29 PM

Feb 2010
10. Interstellar
9. Snowpiercer
8. Locke
7. The Babadook
6. X-Men: Days of Future Past / Captain America: The Winter Soldier
-------------------------------------------------
5. John Wick
4. The Raid 2: Berandal
3. Gone Girl
2. Whiplash
1. Nightcrawler

Still have to see Birdman and Boyhood among others.
Jan 16, 2015 12:38 PM
Jan 2009
Based on what I've watched:
1. The Theory Of Everything
2. Interstellar
3. Big Hero 6
4. X-men
5: Lego Movie

But I haven't seen: Gone girl, boyhood, bird man, guardians of the galaxy, etc
Jan 17, 2015 3:19 AM
Mar 2014
Haven't watched too many 2014 films, but..

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel - Artsy, straightforward, and all-around fun. Kind of like a more mature Fantastic Mr. Fox.
2. Feast - Subtle yet thought-provoking short film with great animation (that software is stellar, Disney).
3. Life Itself - A nice insight into Roger Ebert's successful life. I had only basic knowledge of him prior to watching the documentary, but this helped me come to respect him even more. RIP.
4. The Lego Movie - Beautiful and funny family adventure only let down by the shoehorned message in the third act.
5. 22 Jump Street - As immature and raunchy as its predecessor, but with much better executed drama. Definitely my favourite comedy of last year.

Honourable mention: Gone Girl - Didn't really appeal to me, but it's still a shockingly well-made and thrilling film.
vegetablespiritJan 17, 2015 3:23 AM

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7572 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.