Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
talentlessash said:
sanlei said:

No. Its season 2 only.
Meikyuu is just a single episode as prologue to Rakuen. Theres nothin' else there.

Season 3 is hopefully Magical Chiruchiru.

Nowhere I've found has said that Meikyuu is a single episode, only that episode 1 will be an hour long special. Chances are, Rakuen will end up coming out in Fall 2015.

Just look at Kajitsu adaption.

Rakuen is only two Kajitsu routes long and only one part of Meikyuu is adaptable, which fits 2 episodes = 1 hour special as introduction to Rakuen.
Dec 28, 2014 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
Oh wow, there was more! A second (and maybe 3rd?) season coming. I knew the final episode was feeling a bit weak.
BUT OMG THE SISTER IS ALIVE?! That WAS her voice in the ending, wasn't it?!
This show was kinda weird, and i didn't really understand what was going on... but it REALLY kept me hooked.
hmmmm 8/10 i guess. I just don't feel right giving it a 9. It felt much too rushed.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 28, 2014 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
they turned the hunt in that shit , they have no shame !
Dec 28, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2014
Segneal said:
they just multiplied the amount of shit...
Dec 28, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
Rebelhero said:
It felt much too rushed.

Even Excel Saga had slower genre, settin's and scene shifts than this. :) So yeah it should feel a bit rushed.
LonelyWizard said:
Segneal said:
they just multiplied the amount of shit...

True^^
Dec 28, 2014 12:22 PM
Aug 2014
Oh a tease? Too bad Yuuji's snipe shot wasn't as epic as Tatsuya Shiba's.
Dec 28, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2014
9.5/10 for me , i've played like 25 hours of the vn
Dec 28, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
L3gEnDaRy said:
9.5/10 for me , i've played like 25 hours of the vn
So basically you didnt even start :I
Dec 28, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
That was the stupidest, most overly-complicated plan I've ever seen. Why not just send in agents to apprehend him after he stopped paying attention outside. If he had just decided to shoot her right when he had her trapped or if he had literally gone to any other places to pee, that plan would have failed horribly. And a weird cliffhanger to end up a terrible episode.
Dec 28, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2014
It finally ends. Original episode, I didn't really like it but well they had to wrap this up somehow and both Amane's endings were kinda conclusive. Still, I would have liked watching the hunt in the forest.
Amane's route adaptation was the best imo, lot of things were left out but they did what they could in those limited 3 episodes.
6/10 for me. I really love the VN, and a huge plus for me was the fact that in the anime there were the same voice actors and the same OST. But I really hated the fact that the common route was almost non-existent and the girls' routes were butchered.

Damn, those last few minutes got me excited for the sequels. I am really looking forward to their translation. I'll certainly read them before watching the new season.
Dec 28, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
Nice, satisfying ending to the gunman situation. Using Morse to communicate to Makina to break the urinal seemed a little crazy and too convenient to be realistic, but besides that I really enjoyed this final arc as well as the other characters' stories. 8/10

Looks like it's getting sequels! Definitely looking forward to them~
Dec 28, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
Finally seen it... Welp.

I like teh episode, not as part as Kajitsu, but as a standalone. Or rather wished i would like it...

Tunafish Man reference/5
Tunafish Man reference again in teh teaser/5

Its as "so bad so good" level as Yumiko anime original episode. It involved all teh girls and fits quite good in teh Rakuen timeline. Oslo had also a good presented scene, which makes me think, that im gonna like rakuen adaption probably 10 times better than this crappy worst case Kajitsu adaption.

Teh real problem is: Srsly horny SakaSHITa and urination scenes everywhere? -5/5 Whats up with this sh1t? Its a eroge so instead of showin' h-scenes we get urination? I'm sorry 8bit, but im not into this stuff... Ya should probably think about yar target group again... I read way too many eroges and neither one involves as much peein' fetishes as this episode :(

Still kinda funny seein' SakaSHITa dyin' like peein' i guess?
Peein' fetishes/5

So i only liked episode 1,2,3 and 8.
6 and 13 were just hilarious crap, so i like them too as standalone episodes. So kinda 11/10 for them lol dear god, what have i seen with two episodes... Even Milky Holmes is moar serious.

Overall 6/10 for teh adaption. Tunafish Man reference saved teh day.

Edit: I also had teh biggest laugh in quite a time...
Yumiko's comment "im dead afterall" killed me. So dats 11/10 too :D

Its basically "How to not adapt a vn in 13 episodes" show.

Edit2: After thinkin' for a while, nope Tunafish Man reference isnt a good reason to raise teh score... Just leavin' it at 5/10. Based peein' fetishes.
sanleiDec 28, 2014 2:06 PM
Dec 28, 2014 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
^ Lol you are right 8bit has definitely messed up many things. Horny Sakashita and urination, panty shots everywhere (even Yumiko and Kazuki) and let's not start about Sachi's route..

I haven't read the sequel yet but I think you shouldn't get your hopes up, bear in mind that even Kajitsu's anime started off very promising and exciting.
Dec 28, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2012
danae17 said:
^ Lol you are right 8bit has definitely messed up many things. Horny Sakashita and urination, panty shots everywhere (even Yumiko and Kazuki) and let's not start about Sachi's route..

I haven't read the sequel yet but I think you shouldn't get your hopes up, bear in mind that even Kajitsu's anime started off very promising and exciting.

I know Rakuen ;)

Even 8bit cant f*ck it up. Srsly even teh worst case scenario i posted in another thread is 3 times better than this crappy adaption^^ But yeah 8bit can still find a way^^ I just hope it wont involve urination and moar anime original stupid crap anymoar.

Rakuen is two routes long btw. ;)

Edit: And yeah, Sachi is teh biggest sacrifice. Stay steady girl, ya get yar screentime in Rakuen, even though nobody will ever know yar true back story. :)
sanleiDec 28, 2014 1:22 PM
Dec 28, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
sanlei said:

I know Rakuen ;)

Even 8bit cant f*ck it up. Srsly even teh worst case scenario i posted in another thread is 3 times better than this crappy adaption^^ But yeah 8bit can still find a way^^ I just hope it wont involve urination and moar anime original stupid crap anymoar.

Rakuen is two routes long btw. ;)

Well they are likely to put some weird crap again, but I guess that if you say so it will be definitely better. I am honestly looking forward to reading these, I hope the translation won't take too long.
Thankfully Kajitsu ended, your signature has way too many scenes haha.
Dec 28, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
believe in 8bit,they will find a way...I will give this show 10/10 because i have a pee fetish now,thank you 8bit,you changed my life...
Dec 28, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2012
VGFACTCHECKER said:
Last ep, pretty bad
thought overall it was okay 5/10.
Will watch for this scene animated

Kinda expected from yar ava *g* Im also lookin' forward. Everythin' about teh OPEN FIRE chapter is just awesome <3

danae17 said:
Well they are likely to put some weird crap again, but I guess that if you say so it will be definitely better. I am honestly looking forward to reading these, I hope the translation won't take too long.
Thankfully Kajitsu ended, your signature has way too many scenes haha.

Yeah, but Rakuen isnt serious stuff like Kajitsu, so it wont hurt as much^^ My hopes are still low though, i just want to forget teh Kajitsu adaption asap with them <3
So or so it cant get worse :D

And yeah, i adapted all Grisaia games + teh anime with it... :D I had more fun doin' dat than watchin' this rushed mess^^

LonelyWizard said:
believe in 8bit,they will find a way...I will give this show 10/10 because i have a pee fetish now,thank you 8bit,you changed my life...

8bit - changin' yar life and turnin' yar peein' fetishes on.

We are probably seein' a peein' fetish vn adaption soon and they wanted to use Grisaia as trainin' playground for it? Its teh only explanation i could think of...
sanleiDec 28, 2014 1:37 PM
Dec 28, 2014 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
This was probably the dumbest, most impractical fictional hostage scenario I've ever seen in a tv show.
Dec 28, 2014 2:06 PM
Apr 2014
ohh it was the father of that bitch. And Kazumi survived as expected.

Overall really enjoyed this anime(yeah I didn't play the VN). Could have lived without that end though. Even though more seasons are confirmed I really don't like stuff like that. Just end it at a good point and start from the beginning with the next whatever it is.
Dec 28, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Eh it is an okay series, but cramming in everything from a VN to a 13 episode series, I knew they are going to rush everything in here and hard for me to understand the story.

Well it is enjoyable, I like how the story is really dark and sometimes explicit during the last couple of episodes. Yuji and Kazuki, are the only ones I see are pretty badass, even though Kazuki is not here in the entire series. Though I wish VN's nowadays needs to make more episodes instead of 12 or 13.

6.5/10, now another sequel coming up for March, can't wait to see what they look like.

Dec 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
An ending that followed the anime parameters, a little action, drama and comedy, but nothing fancy, which I think was due to lack of time, really wanted to see this adaptation with over twenty episodes

Quite liked the anime, the plot is great, as well as the characters, the development was only a little to be desired, but still is a good work, I liked that no route had a sad ending

Well, these final scenes, they were really breathtaking, I'm look forward to seeing the continuation of this story ..
Dec 28, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2014
Except for the freaking pee fetish again it was alright, I was a little surprised since it wasn't shit.
Dec 28, 2014 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
So bad I forgot what to rate this show.
Dec 28, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
If she got the guy to drink that water... might as well have mixed in some sleeping drugs in it beforehand or something... just sayin'.
Aside from that, the show was pretty good imho.

I give it a 7/10.

What's that? Two more seasons you say? I don't mind :)
Dec 28, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
So is this getting a season 2? I really liked this, very well done last arc. I give it a 8/10
Dec 28, 2014 3:20 PM
Nov 2013
Good finale episode, besides the... Peeing. And was that a boner I saw? Lmao, way to go 8bit.

I'm kinda conflicted on what score I should give. It definitely had its moments, but it could've been longer. 5/10, possible 6/10.
Dec 28, 2014 3:22 PM
Sep 2013
An ok anime wish they had built some suspense to the end but owell 5/10
Dec 28, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2012
It was alright. We still know nothing about Kazuki, she might be alive? That gunman drama sure wasn't realisitic. Amane should have given him water that puts him to sleep or something.. The ending is a bit confusing to me as a Non-LN reader, more seasons coming perhaps?

7/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Dec 28, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
That was pretty intense for last episode.
But that ending + teaser tho. So cool.
Dec 28, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
Well at least the Amane arc got a solid treatment (albeit with an anime original ending) with fairly good pacing throughout aka focusing on Kazuki. The previous Amane episodes were better but this was alright. I enjoyed Makina's arc as well mostly because of her bitch of a mother getting owned by Yuuji in the end.

I've never played the VN so my expectations for Grisaia were never that high in the first place unlike some others'. Thus, I never felt egregiously disappointed or butthurt at any point during this season. I'll take it for what it is: an average ecchi harem with a more "psychological" and "darker" setting (whatever the hell that means). I'll probably watch the sequels as well because at this point, I've come too far so YOLO.

And I'm already starting to bust out the preemptive "popcorn" for the shitfest that is going to ensue on MAL for the two sequels.

dankzelDec 28, 2014 8:54 PM
Dec 28, 2014 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
So is this getting a season 2? I really liked this, very well done last arc. I give it a 8/10

Yes it will get 2 more sequels!And I can't wait for it.
Dec 28, 2014 4:32 PM

Aug 2008
Huh, pretty shitty episode, if you asked me. The Sakashita guy is one of the worst thought out characters I've ever seen (and dumb as rock as well). Overall, did not really enjoy this series, although it had its moments. 5/10

Btw, at the end... when they showed the encounter at Yonaguni Island, am I the only one who at first thought it was a confrontational scene between China and Japan?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 28, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
Loved it! 9/10 from me on this anime!

We are also getting two sequels to finish the trilogy! Can't wait for Spring to see Le Labyrinthe de la Grisaia and Le Eden de la Grisaia!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 28, 2014 4:58 PM

Oct 2014
looking forward to the second season, quite enjoyed this season.
Dec 28, 2014 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
bjorno said:
It was alright. We still know nothing about Kazuki, she might be alive? That gunman drama sure wasn't realisitic. Amane should have given him water that puts him to sleep or something.. The ending is a bit confusing to me as a Non-LN reader, more seasons coming perhaps?

7/10.

More season was confirmed, and it's a visual novel not a light novel.
Dec 28, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2012
Amane got the better ending but it's still not enough to redeem this trainwreck. Compressing 30-50 hours of material in 13 episodes is impossible.

And... Oslo!!! <3 Who the heck can hate this lolicon villain? :P
I hope and believe they won't butcher Meikyuu. It's so linear and masterfully written so they shouldn't have any problems with the storyboard... unless they cram it in 3-5 episodes.
Dec 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
They could hardly put something into the water, like sleeping drugs. They would have to open the bottle, which might make Sakashita suspicious. And if the girls drank from the bottle, they would get sleepy, too, which certainly would make him suspicious. I mean, if all five suddenly fall asleep within a few minutes? Better hope he already drank, too.

No way to ensure a good outcome there, especially given that they can't know if he drank from it and is sleeping, unless one of the girls told them.

There were still a lot of holes in that plan though. They could have sniped him from the ground. Well, 20 meters or so wouldn't exactly be sniped i guess, but still, if he can shoot down, they can shoot up.

They could also infiltrate the school from another side and get teams in position for a assault. Enter through door and window at the same time.

Or vent sleeping gas. Or let it seep through the gap in the door and the floor.

Still to risky (though i think less risky than the plan they used..)? Lure him out via the water trick, but have a team ready to intercept him. There are tons of rooms including the stalls where they can hide.

Even if they still go for the sniping as there is no way he can do anything before the bullet hit, they'd have team in place to react immediately, instead of potentially letting him regain control.

Overall, i can see that they cut quite a bit even without having played it, but if you don't know whats missing you don't think "this and that is wrong", either, so the anime works. Took me a while to get that they basically reset the story with each girl, maybe because they are all so crazy that i wasn't surprised at how many crazy shit happend after another..

So yeah, maybe more time for each route or simply do only one route per season or whatever would have been better, but it wasn't that bad.
Dec 28, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
Hype for Meikyuu and Rakuen!!

More Makina = More win for me <3
Dec 28, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
Surprising they would announce a second season so quickly.
Dec 28, 2014 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
please tell me there's an ending where she actually gets raped and the main character misses his shot then everyone in the school dies a horrible death.

Thank you.
Dec 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2012
Valaskjalf said:
please tell me there's an ending where she actually gets raped and the main character misses his shot then everyone in the school dies a horrible death.

Thank you.

Don't worry, the ending is an anime-original.
Dec 28, 2014 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
julyan said:
Valaskjalf said:

Thank you.

Don't worry, the ending is an anime-original.

Nice, time to start playing the VN then hehe
Dec 28, 2014 6:06 PM

Jan 2012
julyan said:
It's so linear and masterfully written so they shouldn't have any problems with the storyboard... unless they cram it in 3-5 episodes.

Yar talkin' about 8bit. Meikyuu grand route is shorter than Chiruchiru route, and still contains a few H-scenes, while Rakuen is over twice as long and has no H-scenes(not countin' that one short 18+ scene, which is predestinated to get a peein' fetish by 8bit) in teh main story. I also dont see them explainin' Yuuji's back story vn-like. They skipped teh flashbacks in Kajitsu as much as possible, y should they invest time with Yuuji's now?

And we got an announcement for 1 hour special start episode, it could be very well used to adapt everythin' out of Meikyuu. Leavin' whole 11-12(?) episodes for Rakuen, which is quite a good pacin'.
My initital expectation were 3 episodes, but teh 1 hour special is obviously Meikyuu, and it feels right to end a prologue with a special. Its not teh first time and probably not teh last time that 8bit destroys teh material.

Not sayin' i prefer that solution, but it seems logical to lower teh expectations to this level and it would at least provide a good pacin' for Rakuen. I'm also expectin' one peein' fetish scene in Meikyuu, so look forward to that <3

Valaskjalf said:

Thank you.

Its anime original. All peein' yar seein' isnt part of teh vn. :)
Dec 28, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2011
Michiru has one strong ass head she fell over broke a urinal knocked herself out and didnt even bleed wish i was that tough
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Dec 28, 2014 6:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I enjoyed that finale....Amane and Makina are easily my favorite girls (I still have love for Michiru tho)

7/10 can't wait for S2
Dec 28, 2014 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
I guess it wasn't as good as the VN. A very long VN put into 13 episodes isn't going to make people happy. Go figure.

Without reading the original work I have the anime only perspective. It was alright. Angelic Howel and Makina's route were the best of this bunch. The one episode arcs even I felt were extremely condensed which detracted from their probable impact.

6/10 on the whole. I'll be watching the sequels. Hopefully I can go through the VNs before that.

@sanlei can you stop with the teh and the 'yer or 'yar or (blank)in' and all the other bullshit way of type-speaking. It comes off as incredibly ignorant.
IZEROIIDec 28, 2014 7:32 PM
Dec 28, 2014 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
I am not happy about this adaptation at all. Not going to bother with the other 2 seasons seeing how the game is getting an english release next fall.
Dec 28, 2014 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
I knew it, that guy was too suspicious, amd why else would they introduce someone like that just before the final episode? Episode was good i guess, 4/5 for the finale.

Overall, 7.6/10, interesting, some good ideas affected by the rushing, different from the usual school setting ecchi, some dark elements, i liked it, the girls were beautiful and some of them interesting, at first i was in love with Michiru but i reached the conclusion that Sachi is best girl.

Even though i'm interested on them, i doubt i'll touch the VNs.

Score may rise or drop upon further reflection.
PriestSlayerDec 28, 2014 8:14 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 28, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
So someone explain the end with the two "Le _______" they put in? And who was the guy at the end? Put it in a spoiler so yeah lol.

Can't wait for all those doujinshi's coming out for that one scene in the bathroom...
Dec 28, 2014 8:23 PM

May 2013
What an ending... Welp.

6/10, bad adaptation still I'll watch Meikyuu and Rakuen to see whether 8bit can redeem this adaptation.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.