Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Dec 30, 2014 12:29 AM

Jun 2014
LonelyWizard said:
Hamelin said:
I wish they would have animated everyone's route like they did Amane's. Her route alone made me forget about almost every bad thing and just made me listen to the story.
Anyone wondering why VN readers keep complaining just read this post and imagine what would happen if every route was that long...You will understand...

I would scream of joy if every route even got more episode then that.. enough to develop the psychological aspect.
Dec 30, 2014 4:30 AM

Oct 2011
pisspoor series.
An assassination is needed to prevent any more embarassment. Read the VN instead
Dec 30, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2007

The show was clearly rushed and we barely got to see the characters. As such, I'm holding it at 6/10. There's obviously something there, but it's just screaming at me to go to the VN to see just how much I missed because they didn't put it in. Trying to cram this into 12 episodes was obviously way too ambitious, or more likely an act of desperation. Not bad, but not great.

Some technical notes:
Sakashita is using a hunting rifle, not a shotgun. It's accurate for at least a few hundred meters. A shotgun, when firing a slug, is also reasonably accurate to a few hundred meters. Only buckshot and pistol rounds are short ranged - only effective to 30-50 meters, but we can clearly see only one round coming out every time.

As for the snipe: let's put it into perspective. The common term for rifle accuracy is MOA (Minute of Angle), derived from the mathematical Minute of Arc. This basically measures the distance between the two shots that are furthest apart in a grouping. 1 MOA correlates to 1.047" at 100 yards. 900 meters is 984.25 yards, with 1 MOA representing about 10.3", or 26.175 cm. Insanely accurate rifles can pull 0.2 MOA, or 1/5 of that. However, MOA is calculated at shorter ranges, as relative dispersion increases with range due to loss in speed of the bullet and increased impact of environmental effects such as wind. As such, pinpoint sniping is usually not considered practical beyond 600 meters. At 900 meters, you can hit a human sized target reliably, but not a hand or head. Since this is natural dispersion that cannot be mitigated through skill, this kind of feat is only possible with insane luck, special powers, or plot armor.
Dec 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
ErwinJA said:

The show was clearly rushed and we barely got to see the characters. As such, I'm holding it at 6/10. There's obviously something there, but it's just screaming at me to go to the VN to see just how much I missed because they didn't put it in. Trying to cram this into 12 episodes was obviously way too ambitious, or more likely an act of desperation. Not bad, but not great.

Some technical notes:
Sakashita is using a hunting rifle, not a shotgun. It's accurate for at least a few hundred meters. A shotgun, when firing a slug, is also reasonably accurate to a few hundred meters. Only buckshot and pistol rounds are short ranged - only effective to 30-50 meters, but we can clearly see only one round coming out every time.

As for the snipe: let's put it into perspective. The common term for rifle accuracy is MOA (Minute of Angle), derived from the mathematical Minute of Arc. This basically measures the distance between the two shots that are furthest apart in a grouping. 1 MOA correlates to 1.047" at 100 yards. 900 meters is 984.25 yards, with 1 MOA representing about 10.3", or 26.175 cm. Insanely accurate rifles can pull 0.2 MOA, or 1/5 of that. However, MOA is calculated at shorter ranges, as relative dispersion increases with range due to loss in speed of the bullet and increased impact of environmental effects such as wind. As such, pinpoint sniping is usually not considered practical beyond 600 meters. At 900 meters, you can hit a human sized target reliably, but not a hand or head. Since this is natural dispersion that cannot be mitigated through skill, this kind of feat is only possible with insane luck, special powers, or plot armor.

Dec 30, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
What the fuck did I just watch

» Escapism.

Dec 30, 2014 7:02 PM

Mar 2012
Welp not much to say that hasn't already been said. One of the lines in an older episode said something like "this is just a snippet", and that's pretty much sums up how I viewed it after that point.

They're adapting the new novels, but I'm not gonna watch the new anime until I read the VNs. I started meikyuu but since it was announced the whole series was getting localized I decided to put it on hold. I'd rather pay for something I haven't read yet.
darkninj12Dec 30, 2014 7:33 PM
Dec 31, 2014 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
I didnt like the ending at all, it felt empty and kinda stupid
after everything we been through all this episodes.
I guess we have to wait to the sequels to know more.
6.5/10 for me, Best routes (on the anime) -
Amane
Michiru
Makina
Yumiko
Sachi .
Jan 1, 2015 5:13 AM

Sep 2010
This series felt rush as hell. But still managed to be good.
Angelic Howl arc was epic.

Finale - 3.5/5
Series - 7/10
Jan 1, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
Fairly good ending this was my favorite arc.
Jan 1, 2015 8:35 PM

Jul 2010
Meh, this episode. The action overall is pretty bad but the fanservice makes up for it, and sometimes it's hilarious by how much it's stupid so I guess that makes it enough enjoyable for me to watch a sequel. Maybe more Yumiko next time.

5/10 anyway.
Jan 1, 2015 11:11 PM

Jan 2014
It was a good ending though.
when I start watching it , I didn't excepted the anime will be that good.^^
over all 8/10 :D
looking forward for the next
Jan 2, 2015 4:28 AM

Aug 2011
I'm mainly disappointed with how the situations in this show didn't really get 'dark' enough for me until the last arc, but that's just a problem with my expectations from the first episode.

From then on, the arcs seem to pass very quickly in a couple eps and as a result, the growing feelings towards Yuuji feel forced. If only this show could've been longer with more character development in between. I heard the VN is pretty lengthy with humorous conversations so it feels like a wasted opportunity. Adored the OP and its plenty EDs though.

Beautiful series but hampered by rushed storytelling. 6/10. Very looking forward to the sequels though!
Jan 2, 2015 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
It ended so confusingly. The ending was kinda expected given you'd expect them to milk it for all it was worth.

Will watch the sequel because I wanna know what happened to Kazuki. The preview made it seem like she was a major bro-con.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 2, 2015 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
Well, in my opinion this change to Amane's ending was less terrible than the change they made for Yumiko's ending/route. Might not say much, but still. Makina was awesome in this episode.

Anyway, the series as a whole... I dunno. As far as adaptations go, it's definitely not good. But besides that, is it a good anime series on its own? ... I think it's okay at least. In general I can enjoy almost every show to some degree. So if I disregard the fact that it's not a good adaptation of the VN, then it's still okay.

But yea, okay ≠ good. I'm giving it a 5 or a 6 out of 10. A show to pass the time, that's basically what it became in the end. Compare that to the F/sn adaptation which I wanted to watch as soon as each episode came out - EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Yea, quite a difference.

... This series needed 24+ episodes. That was pretty much the main problem right there.

Not gonna watch the sequels until I've read the VNs that will come out later.
Jan 2, 2015 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
It ended so confusingly. The ending was kinda expected given you'd expect them to milk it for all it was worth.

Will watch the sequel because I wanna know what happened to Kazuki. The preview made it seem like she was a major bro-con.

In the visual novel Kazuki told Amane, in angelic howl, that she took a lot of bath with Yuuji and kissed him a lot of time..in the mouth...with her tongue...:D
Jan 2, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
6/10.
I enjoyed it, especially the last few episodes. But, pacing was terrible for most of the show, due to them trying to animate the entire visual novel. Also, I really wasn't fond of any of the characters except for Sakaki - and despite being all over the OP, she didn't get as much screen time as I'd hoped.

Nevertheless, it was fun.
The last arc with Amane was really dark; while the show did have hints of that previously, I was honestly surprised.
Like others, I really want to find out what happened with Kazuki, so I'll be looking out for the sequels.
Jan 3, 2015 1:29 AM

Nov 2013
The series itself was way better than I though it would be after watching the first episode (I haven´t played/read the VN).
Another season would be nice.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 3, 2015 3:46 AM
Dec 2013
Once I've finish this off, I'm thinking this anime as those suffering disaster on board MH370. How do they suffering I don't know?
Jan 3, 2015 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
Haven't checked/played the VN but still I think the whole series and the ending was fine.

6/10
Jan 5, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
I felt the last arc drug on for too long, some of that time could have been used in previous episodes for more character development and would have been better for the series as a whole. But, that's just my own thoughts.

All in all the last episode was good, but I didn't think Angelic Howl was that great of an arc really. I'd say my favorite arc was either Makina or Michiru's.

Will wait on the sequel(s?), the only thing from this last arc that I was really curious about was what happened to Kazuki after Amane got away. She obviously lived long enough to write the letter and bury the cooler, I have to know damnit!
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 5, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2010
wauw that was a pretty decent Anime original hybrid.
original-ish ending with some sprinkles of the original good and bad end.

o yea, and before I forget.
TheLastKing360Jan 5, 2015 9:15 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 6, 2015 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
not bad anime serie 07/10 pls season 2
Jan 6, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
The preview at the end is intense. Made me want to see what happens next.
Jan 6, 2015 9:28 PM
Mar 2012
One of the better executed dark comedies. Some scenarios were funny without seeming forced, or even effortlessly. Ecchi shots were unnecessary as the characters and scenarios are interesting enough, and it's not tagged in mal. Some cliches were dead boring and could've been skipped. Yumiko's & Amane's arcs were more surprising than funny. Live burial and die-for-apple-tree were funny.
Yuuji's weird tactics was a joy to see, while Kazuki's dialogues were much funnier than Yuuji's, which made last arc's transition to despair more memorable.
Shading of the toilets at dusk were gorgeous, and fluid animation rivaled kyoAni's.
Jan 8, 2015 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Well, at early episode, it's just another half-assed horror. But last arc's story seems a good one.
I hope Kazuki still live somewhere.
Jan 8, 2015 8:52 PM

Jul 2010
Finally found time to finish this.I have to say that i planned to give this 5/10 before Amane arc happened, which then absolutely changed my mind and made me give it a 6.
Oh, and Kazuki best girl.
Jan 8, 2015 11:53 PM

Feb 2013
That was awesome.

Very interesting story....I mean it was cute, funny, action filled, and depressing as shit....how does that even happen?

8/10 easily for me.
Jan 9, 2015 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that closes quite a number sufficiently handled really bad, starting by-adaptation really done so mediocre.
Drawings and animations ever level great, but almost always close to enough.
I hope that the BD version, both long better than TV in this respect.
The plot has proved good, but is rendered badly due to the fact that it has divided the events into arcs.
Much better adaptation done to Clannad.
As a narrative episode I noticed a little forced, and too fast.
However, this last part of the season, was much more engaging.
Final rating of 6.5 / 10!
Jan 10, 2015 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
Pik3Rob said:
Any normal person would see that Yumiko is the hottest one there.

What? Did you even see Amane's body? xD

anyway, I'm glad they decide to make another season
Jan 10, 2015 6:12 PM

Jan 2014
fubuki211 said:
Pik3Rob said:

Too fat bro...Bigger doesnt always mean better...
LoneWizzyJan 10, 2015 7:15 PM
Jan 10, 2015 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
fubuki211 said:
Pik3Rob said:

I don't even find Amane or Yumiko attractive.
Jan 10, 2015 8:15 PM

Feb 2014
fubuki211 said:
Pik3Rob said:

Do you honestly think I'd be attracted to those flabby utters she calls breasts?
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Jan 10, 2015 8:45 PM

Jan 2014
Pik3Rob said:
fubuki211 said:

Do you honestly think I'd be attracted to those flabby utters she calls breasts?

>implying suffocatingly over-sized breasts aren't universally appealing.
Pleb.
Jan 10, 2015 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
BeatzMe said:
Pik3Rob said:

Pleb.

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Jan 10, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2014
Pik3Rob said:
BeatzMe said:

Pleb.

I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at here. Looks like a healthy, perfectly proportioned female, Sir.
Jan 10, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2014
Pik3Rob said:
BeatzMe said:

Pleb.

I don't even...
Jan 11, 2015 3:17 AM

Jan 2012
Thai777 said:
Pik3Rob said:

I don't even...

Kinda speechless there... Still better than this episodes fetishes though :o
Jan 11, 2015 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
If you are interested in quality and healthy boobs like in the Pik3Rob's post go check out Maken-Ki2 for L cup boobs(yep,thats a thing,i double checked)...
Jan 11, 2015 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Great Shot. Great ED. Looks like there will be a season 2.
Jan 12, 2015 3:46 AM
May 2012
Well, I decided to watch this Anime because it has been a while since I last watched a romance, ecchi, harem, school Anime......and this is what I got.
Still, it was alright to me. Will watch the next seasons. The specials are still airing.
Nice shot. Thank you ^^
Jan 12, 2015 7:13 AM
Oct 2013
can't wait for the second season
Jan 13, 2015 1:03 AM

Apr 2013
I lost so much attention in this series from the first couple of arcs, but then when shit hit the fan and it turned into a psychological horror, I was totally hooked. I was actually scared of that last arc, but the fact that everything was going wrong drew me even closer.

This show gets a 5/10 from me. 4/10 from the first arcs and a solid 7 for the last arc. I just wish it was good enough to save the rest of the series. :/
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 13, 2015 6:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn awesome ending even if it's an open ending making room for the second season this episode sure was very interesting and I certainly loved the whole drama and character development in it and I can't wait to see the sequel!

All in all this was a great anime! 9/10
Jan 16, 2015 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
Nice shot. At first I thought he missed. Episode was decent.

overall: 5/10 (average)
Jan 17, 2015 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
I absolutely enjoyed this show. The story is pretty straightforward with a prologue and then every character having their episode. The characters are interesting and cool especially the MC, he takes this show to a whole new level. I don't understand the school setting I mean it's kinda scary being in a school with only 6 people. I would have preferred if they could have given Yumiko more screen time instead of Amane. Well there is hope in season 2. Overall 8.5/10.
Jan 25, 2015 2:24 AM

Jun 2009
Thank GOD this mess is finally over. It was incredibly stupid from the first to the last episode. 4/10
Jan 30, 2015 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
thought he missed that shot at first
Jan 30, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2012
impression and thought process watching this show

shit -> wtf is this shit -> zzz -> unrealistic as fuck -> predictable... -> yawn

the car exploding and dog eating were the only events that made me go O_O

0/10 first couple EPs

5/10 on first few shitty arcs

8/10 amano

3/10 ending

--

5.5/10 sounds about right
Jan 31, 2015 5:50 PM
Jul 2014
That ending tho, that snipe. It was a little far fetched and so risky, but hey it's anime so it works.
Feb 2, 2015 4:43 PM

Jan 2015
The ending shot was suspenseful for a few seconds. Damn I really hate when animes take a turn for the perverted old guy and girl action... Wished the guy was nailed in the head by Yuuji. But anyways I'm looking forward to the sequel. We get to learn about Yuuji now :)
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.