Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 15, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2012
supahlani said:
NotAWeebI_swear said:

Tell me about it!

They build up all these great 3rd year characters and to not see them all go too nationals together is bull! Fuck Mei, Carlos, Shirakawa, Harada. Fuck all those cunt's at Inashiro. and before you ask,
YEAH IM MAD BRO!
NotAWeebI_swear said:

Tell me about it!

They build up all these great 3rd year characters and to not see them all go too nationals together is bull! Fuck Mei, Carlos, Shirakawa, Harada. Fuck all those cunt's at Inashiro. and before you ask,
YEAH IM MAD BRO!
yesss! i couldnt agree more ugh!

I'm also going to have to agree with all of this. I've really struggled with this show up to around the beginning of this match. Honestly I don't think the show is that great but THIS MATCH was extremely good. Full of tension, finally giving some back story and character building after 20 hours and after all that, just as the show finally finally FINALLY got good, they go and fucking lose.

Sorry it maybe expected that the team you follow wins and all that but I can't excuse this outcome myself. I mean 62 episodes and THIS is the result. They lose to the same team and the same guy as they did the year before. That is just bullshit, it's lame, it's depressing and it sucks.

As someone who does actually follow sports quite actively it's not like I don't understand the realities of how things can play out. But this is fiction, fantasy.

I mean seriously how BADLY paced is this series. Like the next season then is going to add a bunch of new characters and we go through all this buildup again? GREEEEAAAAATTTTT can't wait for that /sarcasm. If they were only ever going to lose than get that part of the show out of the way so we can get to the proper story. I was beginning to love this show but I feel like in this one moment my prior disliking of this series up to around episode 49 was totally justified.

I'm super pissed by this series right now. Surely losing at the Nationals would have been a better outcome for this story but no the asshole Mei gets to go again. As a viewer I'm so pleased /more sarcasm.

... Man I've like super ranted haven't I. Well at least the show got some sort of reaction out of me. Fuck man 62 episodes, I could have rewatched Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and to think the amount of story thats crammed into that compared to this garbage.
Mar 18, 2019 12:24 AM

Aug 2018
Just finished this episode after watching for like 5 hours straight.... once u start an arc/game, you can’t stop watching btw. The ending was devastating but realistic, gna be feels next episode.
Apr 3, 2019 8:17 PM

May 2015
Ah, fuck.

I usually don't mind when the main team loses just for the writing sake and keeping it real, but this team totally deserved to win! No way all those third-years won't go to Koshien. So frustrating.

This was an intense game and a lot of pressure but just one out! Seriously, this was such a great chance for Kawakami to shine, so far he was quite bland, to be honest... it was only logical to finish with a perfect pitch from him and win the game. But I guess it's not his fault for not being a main character who's supposed to shine and bring victories.

It was a good game nevertheless, very emotional. And more enjoyable than quarterfinals, that game felt too stretched out, here at least we got to see lots of nice moments or maybe Inashiro is just a bit more interesting for me than Yakushi.

Anyway, gotta keep watching. Actually shouldn't even be surprised at the outcome with how many episode are there still and Koshien is kinda the end goal usually in such anime. Huh.
Apr 13, 2019 6:17 PM
Mar 2013
prasenjit said:
Wasted my 2 F* days continuously watching this anime until 62..they just ruined my mood..yeah I know there must be ups and downs, but you just can't spoil everything after so many episodes..anyway, deleted everything after watching this 62, & thanks for saving my time!

Exactly. This is bad storytelling. After 6 2 episodes, they lose without at least entering the nationals. HUGE wtf watching episode 62. This happens in haikyuu too, but at least it wasnt 62 episodes. Inashiro lost with mei in his first year too, but inside the nationals. Inashiro team is disgusting and should lose. Seidou already lost to them before and the entire 62 episodes were built around the idea of revenge, school name cleanup, etc... Then the as***les win and everything else falls apart.

Tbh I was watching this with my pessimistic side knowing that they would probably lose because japanese anime writers are cowards and love to follow recipes,but I still had hope that the story would be decent and that i was wrong given the good impression the past episodes gave me.

Unfortunately, I was right and another japanese writer showed to me how predictable he can be. Really disappointed.
SethOmegaApr 13, 2019 6:20 PM
Jul 5, 2019 1:24 AM
Jul 2019
What made it bad was how they did it. They added too much character development to make this episode a loss. I'm late I know. But it may be one of the worst episodes just based on the result.

Sure the anime.. quality, production and feels were alluring but the story made it unbearable to watch. I knew they were going to lose as soon as it took 7 mins to pitch. That is what pisses me off the most. Did it do its job yes. Do i love the characters yes. But to throw everything under the bus. Really makes it stupid.

There was no reason to end it so terribly. The point of the last pitcher was to put everyone at ease. But another anime down the drain..
Oct 31, 2019 12:40 PM

Oct 2017
I'am so dissapoint, even if I didn't watch the emission of this anime, I was so emotioned since I start it...
I was truly hopping a glorious win, but it didn't happen, not even that, they made an coward of Sawamura with that end.
I wish he will be able to be the as of the team but not to count with the senpais will be really difficult.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 1, 2019 3:10 PM
Aug 2015
10/10 for the whole show until ep61-62.

The twist ruined the serie, period.

The Mc became the opposite of what is was at the beginning, it's a backward narrative, simply retard and amateurish.

A waste of time. A complete waste of time.

Ps: in every sport anime the MC must lose so he can be stronger after that. This is a strong character becoming weak because the writer forgot to think about the way to make him lose.

I'm f*cking pissed for wasting my time watching this. (u_u)
Nov 26, 2019 2:12 AM
Dec 2009
The seniors are too good to let go this early honestly. I wish Seido actually won, rather than the obvious outcome of losing your first tournament then coming back from it. It would've been okay if Seido lost in the Nationals.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Dec 6, 2019 8:51 PM

Sep 2018
They prolonging MY agony so much!! Yes.. Mine!

This episode gives me heart attack!! Grrrrrrrrr I don't have hope for Seidou anymore! They will lose! It's already obvious grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ohmygod!!!! I hate the last scene!!!! I thought they will play extra inning, They already lose the game T------T

Devastating episode huhuhuhuhuh
Sep 19, 2020 7:50 PM

Dec 2017
So much development to that. This is probably the most frustrating defeat in a sports anime I've ever seen.
Jan 3, 2021 3:27 AM
Jun 2020
No matter how many times I rewatch this, this episode hurts so bad. As much as I was expecting the loss, I love the third years so so much.
This episode.. and the next 13 episodes are all so painful...

Side note: I cannot understand how the tying hit gets like 100% focus, while the winning hit gets like a 10 seconds slide show? lol~ At least show the battle to the loss, so I can feel that they loss with dignity.

Side side note: There's an OVA on Isashiki POV after this game, it provides like about 15percent of closure for this loss. Watch it after the end of season 2 though.
Jan 3, 2021 7:48 PM
Jun 2015
mushi_Jyou said:
No matter how many times I rewatch this, this episode hurts so bad. As much as I was expecting the loss, I love the third years so so much.

Side note: I cannot understand how the tying hit gets like 100% focus, while the winning hit gets like a 10 seconds slide show? lol~ At least show the battle to the loss, so I can feel that they loss with dignity.

Side side note: There's an OVA on Isashiki POV after this game, it provides like about 15percent of closure for this loss. Watch it after the end of season 2 though.

Watching the series for like the 4th time I can still say this is still my favourite arc. First time around I didn't really understand anything about it - the baseball, the story arc, the character depths -, but it still feels a meaningful cut-off point.

Probably them winning the Koshien title would have been less emotionally impactful - seeing the heroes who were built up over a season fall (and get up again) was quite something. The way they lost also underlined every important thing connected to the MC (Sawamura) as well: how important the ace is to the team, how even giving your all is not enough sometimes - yet our loveable idiot continues to strive on -, how there is always another fight coming up (win or lose this one), how experience counts, how green the first years still are and so on and on.

Also, love how even Mei is affected by the fact that Inashiro actually won.
Jan 4, 2021 2:44 AM
Jun 2020
Bakscica1337 said:
mushi_Jyou said:

Watching the series for like the 4th time I can still say this is still my favourite arc. First time around I didn't really understand anything about it - the baseball, the story arc, the character depths -, but it still feels a meaningful cut-off point.

Probably them winning the Koshien title would have been less emotionally impactful - seeing the heroes who were built up over a season fall (and get up again) was quite something. The way they lost also underlined every important thing connected to the MC (Sawamura) as well: how important the ace is to the team, how even giving your all is not enough sometimes - yet our loveable idiot continues to strive on -, how there is always another fight coming up (win or lose this one), how experience counts, how green the first years still are and so on and on.

Absolutely agree on how impactful and meaningful the loss was to the story and that it definitely added more depths to the characters.
Hahaha~ Even though at this point of the story I actually love the 3rd years more than the Main Characters (Who are mainly the 1st and 2nd years). That's why even though I know about the loss (and anticipated it the first time I watched it too), I still hoped that the 3rd years could have won (and inevitably dull the drama on this show~ Ahahha) #LoveISBlind is true~

I, too, love Mei's reaction. It was so pure and real~

Jan 4, 2021 1:14 PM
Jun 2015
mushi_Jyou said:
Bakscica1337 said:

Absolutely agree on how impactful and meaningful the loss was to the story and that it definitely added more depths to the characters.
Hahaha~ Even though at this point of the story I actually love the 3rd years more than the Main Characters (Who are mainly the 1st and 2nd years). That's why even though I know about the loss (and anticipated it the first time I watched it too), I still hoped that the 3rd years could have won (and inevitably dull the drama on this show~ Ahahha) #LoveISBlind is true~

I still miss Tesu, Jun, Masuko, and Ryousuke, even Tanba. The drama on this show is strong though :D. Over-the-top-shounen style.

I still love (/hate) Mei's guts, but Harada must have been glad not to have to deal with a loss there ^^

Jan 6, 2021 12:15 AM
Jun 2020
Bakscica1337 said:
mushi_Jyou said:

I still miss Tesu, Jun, Masuko, and Ryousuke, even Tanba. The drama on this show is strong though :D. Over-the-top-shounen style.

I still love (/hate) Mei's guts, but Harada must have been glad not to have to deal with a loss there ^^

Yea, I miss the 3rd years still~ But at least the 2nd years did not disappoint in trying to lead the team. Hahahaha

Jan 7, 2021 1:14 PM
Jun 2015
mushi_Jyou said:
Bakscica1337 said:

Yea, I miss the 3rd years still~ But at least the 2nd years did not disappoint in trying to lead the team. Hahahaha

That's true! :) I also feel that the retiring of the seniors after such a defeat gives good direction to the upcoming team.

Jan 12, 2021 12:38 AM
Jun 2020
Bakscica1337 said:
mushi_Jyou said:

That's true! :) I also feel that the retiring of the seniors after such a defeat gives good direction to the upcoming team.

Jan 13, 2021 4:55 PM
Jun 2015
mushi_Jyou said:
Bakscica1337 said:

May 30, 2021 7:53 PM
May 2021
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Now they'll have to explain to me why a lot of strong characters will enter a scholl that hasn't won in 8 years and doesn't even go to National.

Take that plot twisted!!!
kkkkkkkkk NoW LeT mE pUt ThIS OVerPOWers CaRacHter On ThIS TeAm to WiN NaTiOnAL, BeCaUsE iT's A ShoUNen (or hide powers on SoMeOnE)

So far he doesn't shows no one from the first and second years dedicating and training ...

Will all Ishigai players in the third year lose to the power of friendship?
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Oct 29, 2021 1:38 PM

Jul 2015
....that was heartbreaking to see... I kinda want to punch the umpire for saying Safe instead of Out there even if he's right. I feel bad for Kawakami as he was the only pitcher left to replace Eijun, the latter who sadly now feels some immense guilt for indirectly causing Seido's loss.

Nov 6, 2021 10:27 PM

Oct 2017
Not surprised but also not disappointed. I like the third years but if they made nationals while Sawamura was a 1st year I feel like this would just end from there, the main goal has been accomplished. The development of the third years and backstories are necessary so you actually care about them. If we didn't have that you wouldn't feel invested in them winning or losing. Also we get more development with the first and second years (going to be second and third years) for more tournaments until the next Summer so we have so much time.
Nov 19, 2021 8:24 AM

Jan 2019
I think the worst part of Seidou losing isn't them losing, but Inashiro winning. That annoying arrogant asshole doesn't deserve to win, even if he's indeed skilled.

Actually, Inashiro has been the only team so far where I just couldn't end up liking its team members, they all just feel too full of themselves.
Dec 15, 2022 12:23 AM

Oct 2015
Oh good lord... a fielding error by Haruichi my boi, not really an error cause that was a nice catch but the throw was too... weak. Kuramochi was too flustered he forgot to throw the ball back home right away (and again there was that delay). Every millisecond counts. And they messed up big time. Ryou-san's injury came to bite them on this most crucial moment of the game. My heart breaks... my boys had a lot of regrets.

I hate Inashiro. :') I like Masa-san and I respect that annoying Mei but I just don't like their team. But they were strong. Gosh, lemme cry for the third time. I wanted the third years to advance to Koshien. Why did I watch this series for the 3rd time again? Only to cry? T_T
RedfoxAkameDec 15, 2022 12:31 AM
   HuaLian <3
Jul 4, 2023 8:03 PM

Aug 2019
Yep, the pressure got to him too.

They’re going to lose.

Gosh, they lost the ball.

What the hell is Carlos made of?? This dude runs like a super human. He’s a high school student ffs. Dude has been running like crazy the whole time and he still not tired.

And they lost the ball again.

I know is going to a huge experience for them, but I feel bad for the third years.

This is going to mentally kill Eijun.
Jul 30, 2023 3:21 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Dayummmm they lost!! Did not see that coming but tbh I like it

Keen to see the twin Aces at their best in year two 💕 nationals here we come

Sorta keen for Tanba to go 😂 (is Nori a third year or second year?)
Nov 30, 2023 5:48 PM
Dec 2019
To any aspiring Baseball fan, bare in mind that these kinds of chokes really do happen. Ask a Texas Rangers fan about the 2011 World Series sometime and watch as they curl into a ball and weep bitterly.
Dec 8, 2023 4:25 AM

Jan 2013
Damn I feel bad for the seniors ...
Pressure did in fact get to them sadly.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.