Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2014
Pretty simple, just post what you think of people who call themselves "hackers"
For example Anonymous do some good stuff like expose corrupt corporations but then there's people like Lizard Squad who take down Xbox Live on Christmas for no reason cep spite.

leave your opinions below!
I've been here way too long...
Dec 25, 2014 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
see, the thing is

if they hack the government: hero to the people!

hack my credit card account: i will find them and fuck them up so badly and disform their face.

simple as that.
Dec 25, 2014 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
They are good and bad. They ain't all the same.

BTW, did you guys know that the actual term for those who do malicious things like stealing data, trying to destroy your site etc are not actually named hackers but CRACKERS. For some reason though the word "hacker"(probably some movie or something) got popular and is used for everything.
Dec 25, 2014 2:43 PM
Dec 2010
White hats are pretty damn good, and we need more of them to prevent the bad hackers and their malicious ways.
Stalker-tanDec 25, 2014 2:47 PM
Dec 25, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 2013
I support the North Koreans 1s.
Dec 25, 2014 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
Eh, doesn't hacking show you have absolutely no life? I mean, the lizards are a bunch of losers most likely for example.
Dec 25, 2014 2:47 PM

Feb 2013
Both.

This fucking PSN "hack" is pissing me off though. Just got a PS4 and I can't use it :(
Dec 25, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2008
You got the good ones like White hats and certain hackivists (Anon, Finest Squad), but you also have many bad ones as well and the worst are state sponsored hackers such as Guardians of Peace and the numerous hacking gangs in China and Russia.

Dec 25, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2014
Monad said:
They are good and bad. They ain't all the same.

BTW, did you guys know that the actual term for those who do malicious things like stealing data, trying to destroy your site etc are not actually named hackers but CRACKERS. For some reason though the word "hacker"(probably some movie or something) got popular and is used for everything.

yeah I saw that on some stupid yt video, thing is mainstream media and gevernement agencies refer to them as hackers so its kinda changed the meaning around.
Dec 25, 2014 3:42 PM

Apr 2014
Hoppy said:
You got the good ones like White hats and certain hackivists (Anon, Finest Squad), but you also have many bad ones as well and the worst are state sponsored hackers such as Guardians of Peace and the numerous hacking gangs in China and Russia.

Hacktivism is still illegal.

That's like saying a murderer is good because he kills only other killers. No. It's still murder.
Dec 25, 2014 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
Would love to learn how to hack, but never for malicious reasons.
Dec 25, 2014 3:47 PM

Aug 2013
Neither. Just being a hacker is neither good nor bad. Some people have malicious goals in mind, while others hack simply because it's fun and challenging.
Dec 25, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2014
Moog- said:
Neither. Just being a hacker is neither good nor bad. Some people have malicious goals in mind, while others hack simply because it's fun and challenging.

obviously theres good guys and bad guys, what kind of anology is that?
Dec 25, 2014 3:53 PM

Jan 2009
mostly internet hackers are good especially if they share pirated stuffs
Dec 25, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
Hackers are the best! The best!!!
Dec 25, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2008
Good and bad, it determines how its used really. But obviously I would not want to be hacked so it would be bad if i was. I mean some people just have no clue what is proper justice or proper evidence.
Dec 25, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
TheConquerer said:
Moog- said:

It's an analogy that shows that you're asking a silly question. It's a moral greyzone. There are "bad" hackers that only want to cause mayhem, and there are "good" hackers whose intentions are to do nice things, whatever that means. Most people don't fall within either of those.
obviously theres good guys and bad guys

Doesn't this statement prove that you can't label hacking as good or bad? Or maybe all hackers are somehow bad or all hackers are good? It doesn't make sense. Hacking attracts all sorts of people.

What do you think?
MoogDec 25, 2014 4:05 PM
Dec 25, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2014
Moog- said:
TheConquerer said:

It's an analogy that shows that you're asking a silly question. It's a moral greyzone. There are "bad" hackers that only want to cause mayhem, and there are "good" hackers whose intentions are to do nice things, whatever that means. Most people don't fall within either of those.
obviously theres good guys and bad guys

Doesn't this statement prove that you can't label hacking as good or bad? Or maybe all hackers are somehow bad or all hackers are good? It doesn't make sense. Hacking attracts all sorts of people.

What do you think?

you know it pisses me of when people cant bother reading the first line of my starting post that reads "what do you think of people that call themselves hackers?"
the title is just so you get an idea what the thread is about, now please try and put some thought before you post something so bland as 'theres good hackers and bad hackers'.
Dec 25, 2014 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
TheConquerer said:
Moog- said:

What do you think?

you know it pisses me of when people cant bother reading the first line of my starting post that reads "what do you think of people that call themselves hackers?"
the title is just so you get an idea what the thread is about, now please try and put some thought before you post something so bland as 'theres good hackers and bad hackers'.

I'm sowwy for pissing you off. And I did read your very informative post, don't you worry.

How is it a bland answer? Isn't it the truth? It would be nice if you bothered elaborating as to why this is somehow a thoughtless response, being the OP and all. What would you like to hear?
Dec 25, 2014 4:37 PM

Oct 2014
As many users previously stated. It's quite dependent on the hackers motive. If they actually want to do something good, or just fuck up everything for the fun of it.

I tend to hold a neutral feelings against hackers. Meaning I have not got anything against them, but I do not suppoert them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2014 4:45 PM

May 2014
Fuck Lizard Squad they're neckbeards in a basement I couldn't do jackshit all day I had to go outside ffs are you mad?
Dec 25, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2014
Objectively the only good hackers are those who hack for security purposes. Hired for the purpose of finding weak spots in securities.

Yes I understand the whole "hacking for truth" movement stuff. It still doesn't excuse that it's still illegal activity. Signs show it does good, but it's still bad. It's like the weed arguments all over again. Yes weed has been shown to have some benefit.... but it's still illegal.
Dec 25, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2014
Moog- said:

I'm sowwy for pissing you off. And I did read your very informative post, don't you worry.

How is it a bland answer? Isn't it the truth? It would be nice if you bothered elaborating as to why this is somehow a thoughtless response, being the OP and all. What would you like to hear?
I'm not gonna force you to give an essay, just don't say some thing that provides no use to the discussion.
Dec 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
It depends. such as someone said earlier, hacking the government can be good leaking their information.
or exposing female celebrities nudes like the fappening
Wyzdm said:
You can't generalize all hackers as either good or bad.

TheConquerer said:
Lizard Squad who take down Xbox Live on Christmas for no reason cep spite.

Well at least that will make the company realize that they have security flaws and they will try to fix it.
They're bad for hacking it but you got a point there.
Dec 25, 2014 7:15 PM

Apr 2014
Good hackers are those that leak celeb nudes. Everything else is debatable.
Dec 25, 2014 7:23 PM

Apr 2014
AgentChico said:
Wyzdm said:

Well at least that will make the company realize that they have security flaws and they will try to fix it.

They aren't hacking at all. Hacking isn't flooding connections and servers with queries to take them down. Simple DDOS is not hacking. Every single person on the internet can be susceptible to DDOS. There is no flaw there. It's just how the internet is handled. DDOS protection uses proxies to route connections that are deemed as flood attempts. Sacrafices. But if you flood all the proxies, it will still take down the system. Think of it like 3 shields. If you take away every shield with DDOS, then nothing stands in the way and nothing is delivering the content.

Plus their doxing is just pulling an IP and running a search on it through peer to peer connections. If they actually were hacking, they wouldn't just take down PSN and Xbox, they would be actually inside the network.

It's kiddie stuff. Kiddie stuff that works because of how internet protocol is set up, and how easy it is to find dirty botnets in places like russia and china to use as distributed attacks.
daveDec 25, 2014 7:27 PM
Dec 25, 2014 9:09 PM
Nov 2008
good when they're working with a company to expose security holes, not interfering with the general public. bad when they're making a 'point' and fucking everyone over.
Dec 25, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
They are scary. Especially that hacker known as 4chan.
Dec 25, 2014 9:44 PM

Oct 2013
unmemorablehero said:
Both.

This fucking PSN "hack" is pissing me off though. Just got a PS4 and I can't use it :(

Not a hack. It's a DDOS problem and it is/was unavoidable.
Dec 25, 2014 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Monad said:
I think there's another obvious reason no one calls them crackers.
Dec 25, 2014 9:49 PM

Apr 2014
ThisNameSucks said:

but who is this 4chan
Dec 25, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
Cause said:
AgentChico said:

They aren't hacking at all. Hacking isn't flooding connections and servers with queries to take them down. Simple DDOS is not hacking. Every single person on the internet can be susceptible to DDOS. There is no flaw there. It's just how the internet is handled. DDOS protection uses proxies to route connections that are deemed as flood attempts. Sacrafices. But if you flood all the proxies, it will still take down the system. Think of it like 3 shields. If you take away every shield with DDOS, then nothing stands in the way and nothing is delivering the content.

Plus their doxing is just pulling an IP and running a search on it through peer to peer connections. If they actually were hacking, they wouldn't just take down PSN and Xbox, they would be actually inside the network.

It's kiddie stuff. Kiddie stuff that works because of how internet protocol is set up, and how easy it is to find dirty botnets in places like russia and china to use as distributed attacks.

Thanks Cause for telling the cause behind the cause
Dec 25, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
Cause said:
ThisNameSucks said:

but who is this 4chan
Didn't you hear? Mr. 4chan was the one who released celebrity nudes from their accounts on iCloud. I deleted all my nudes just in case he hacks in mine too~
Dec 25, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
ThisNameSucks said:
I deleted all my nudes just in case he hacks in mine too~

Damn it.
Dec 25, 2014 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
ThisNameSucks said:
But 4chan isn't A hacker though, IT's a site...

Dec 25, 2014 11:48 PM

Jul 2013
-Turnip- said:
ThisNameSucks said:
Dang, you missed the reference. FML.
Dec 26, 2014 12:28 AM

Dec 2012
ThisNameSucks said:
-Turnip- said:
Read each of the capital letters friendo

Dec 26, 2014 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
Hackers is a pretty sweet movie.
Dec 26, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2014
I hack sometimes but it's for good reasons like using the neighbor's internet.
Dec 26, 2014 12:34 AM

Apr 2014
-Turnip- said:
ThisNameSucks said:

wow

that was actually

wow

gold star to you
Dec 26, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
-Turnip- said:
ThisNameSucks said:
Fukk....
Dec 26, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2014
Hackers are kool :3
Dec 26, 2014 1:45 AM

Aug 2013
Cause said:
Hoppy said:

That's like saying a murderer is good because he kills only other killers. No. It's still murder.

More topics from this board

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 6 hours ago

7 by Kamikaze_404 »»
3 minutes ago

» What's the best way to translate Yu-Yu-Hakusho's title

AlphaMaleScotty - 12 hours ago

7 by tsukareru »»
47 minutes ago

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

12 by tsukareru »»
50 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 10 hours ago

13 by tsukareru »»
54 minutes ago

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

19 by tsukareru »»
60 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.