Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2012 7:00 PM

Jun 2011
Fabienne said:
at least a nice ending episode
I thought the whole show was better but there were some flaws in this anime.
I really disliked some episodes from the second half.
At some points I couldn't understand the things Kei did or said.

same for me
Jan 18, 2012 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
MAL scores has trolled me. =_=
Jan 22, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
Meh it was alright. I thought it was somewhat of a fun watch. xD
Feb 2, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2011
Well, a happy ending. Im glad.
Mar 8, 2012 6:30 PM

Jul 2010
Well, I enjoyed the series overall but there were some things I didn't like. For one thing I didn't like some of the decisions Kei made particuarly the ones about Ichigo and Herikawa also I hated that he always called Mizuho sensei instead of her real name even in private. Also while I liked the ending I hate that everyone forgot Mizuho, it seemed pointless to me that the would erase everyones memories but Kei just remembered her instantly.

Overall I give the show a 7/10, it could have been an 8 or even a 9 if all the problems above were adressed.
Mar 31, 2012 7:54 AM
Nov 2011
Series was too short, and too rushed. To be honest, they should have done a second season and not had kei's memory come back right away, that just seemed like such a cop out to me
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 6, 2012 4:05 AM

Jun 2011
^ Yeah, it did feel kinda rushed. And the way Kei kept calling her ma'am even after they did the deed was pretty annoying and awkward.

Not a bad series; 7/10 from me.
Apr 26, 2012 6:25 PM

Feb 2012
draker said:
I would have preferred a Kei x Morino ending, their relationship looked more natural to me.

I really wish Onegai Teacher had been a VN. At least then I could've taken the Ichigo route and pretended the story was actually worth it.
May 30, 2012 7:02 AM

Apr 2012
I liked it, though him calling her "sensei" the whole time, annoyed me too.

KenShiRo-Sama said:
This series had some confusing moments. I don't like the relationships with older women, but this was ok.
I'm not really sure if her age gets mentioned or not, but she can't be THAT much older, can she?
Aug 4, 2012 7:12 AM
Apr 2011
Too many complaints..there's so many critics these days that I think can't even recognize a decent show when they see one.

I truly enjoyed this series, a whole lot more than some of the nonsense that's airing today, and you have to admit that being able to enjoy a show made ten years ago gives it a little more credentials than not.

I love kei, I loved the sensei...i loved the story, to me this was a great watch and that's all I ask for in an anime, a great watch. 10/10 for me. This is the definition of a classic.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Nov 2, 2012 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
this show perfect 10/10 the rise and downfall and rise again beautiful especially the OVA definitely going down in history as a great romance

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2012 9:17 PM

Nov 2010
yogotah said:
Too many complaints..there's so many critics these days that I think can't even recognize a decent show when they see one.
That means that they don't think that it's a decent show, opinions, who knew.

Watched it, overall not a great show, but not horrible. Kei was a bad main character who had his priorities wrong the whole show, and it tried too hard to be mature. If Kei was a better character, the art was better, and the characters were better then I could have given it a better score.

4/10
Jan 28, 2013 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
^

First of all, the anime was aired 10 years ago so what do you expect of its art? And Kei was bad because he's not cool and looks pathetic? Well the story goes that way. For me he was great, yea he was childish at first but as the show goes on he became very mature.

When I first watch this anime way back in 2006, I thought it was an ecchi anime with "boing" here and there but it's not, it's a wonderful love story. It keeps me craving for more every time I watch it. That was 2006 and I'm second year high school back then. I just finished watching it again. After 6 years the feeling is the same. The truth is I appreciate and loved the anime more so I gave it a 9. It's not your typical "Sudden Girlfriend Appearance" anime.

@IntroverTurtle, For someone who rate it 4 but rate Green Green 7. >.>
Apr 12, 2013 12:08 PM
Jan 2013
CHOCK FULL OF SPOILERS!

I just finished watching this anime and I really enjoyed it. While watching all 12 TV episodes, I did not find my self in any way wishing I was doing something else. The story was constantly moving forward with very little filler that didn't contribute something valuable to the story line.

The animation was early 2000's, so I was not too disappointed by that. I am more interested in the story, which to me pushed all the right buttons at the right rate to keep me engaged the whole time.

I thought the sci-fi element helped the story along by adding unusual plot devices to make things more interesting. The romance was just right, giving me some moments where I was moved to tears due to the sincerity of the characters and bringing real-life emotions from a relationship, like jealousy, insecurity, etc... that were not completely outlandish. Koishi's one-sided love for Kei really hit me hard during her confession at the train station as well as how she handled the rejection. If Kei did not meet Mizuho at the lake, would he have accepted her feelings? The relationship between Hyosuke and Kaede provided a nice contract between Kei and Mizuho.

Ichigo's plot was something I did not expect. Kei's desire to help out a fellow sufferer of the standstilll syndrome allowed him to relate to her, but instead of helping her find another way to cope with her issues, he decided to turn his whole world upside down instead. I just can't imagine sacrificing my own or my loved ones happiness for others. It reminds me of Little Busters where Futaki said that happiness is a zero-sum game where when someone is made happy, someone becomes sad at the same time. Kei doesn't want to hurt anybody, but you learn to understand that you can not make everyone happy. He realizes that the most important person to him became unhappy in his selfish desire to make Ichigo happy, and almost wrecked multiple people at the same time.

The part while Kei was in his final standstill and how Mizuho was able to enter his mind and help him find a reason to come back was Key-esqe in its execution. I also found it interesting at the end that the whole reason why Kei had his disease was due to the fact that his big sister<?> committed suicide because she was fighting some mental illness of her own like depression and when she felt like she was happy, she was going to exit on a high note instead of riding that emotional rollercoaster. Since Kei witnessed her suicide, he withdrew internally, entering the zen like monk state that slowed his bodily functions to essential suspended animation to protect himself from the sadness we all encounter in our lives. It was sad to see him say goodbye to his sister as he decided to give up on the past and live in the present.

Regarding the ending after the memory wipe, his feelings of love and loss for her would always be there in his heart, even though the memories of her personally (her face, voice, etc...) would be missing. The Pocky box was important to keeping those memories on the surface. If she had not given him the Pocky box before she left, Kei would have probably forgotten all about her over time since there was no other evidence left of Mizuho's existence to hold on to. Once he saw her face, the memories were unlocked. It was pretty sly of Kei to pretend not to know her, but I think he wanted to really know how she felt after being apart for so long since it was tough for her to really be honest with her feelings with him, and the emotional impact when he asked her about her observer position and how she talked like nothing was wrong was emotional gold. Loved it, along with the video montage afterwards of the real wedding, etc...

Regarding the use of sensei, while hearing Kei say that all the time can be troublesome for an American, I would guess the Japanese culture makes it very difficult *not* to address a teacher, even one you are married to, as "sensei" due to respect. Where we take calling someone by their first name for granted, it is just not part of the culture to be so familiar. There is something intriguing about that distance that makes the relationship more special when you can address someone by their first name I think.

I liked this so much I am trying to find the DVDs to add to my collection. I can see myself wanting to watch this again in the future.

PS - oh yeah, did anyone else get the Ichigo -> Taiga (Toradora!) character design similarity? I mean, even some of the tsundere characteristics are there as well :-o
jfabritzApr 12, 2013 12:25 PM
May 15, 2013 7:03 PM

Apr 2013
If episode 9 (and parts of 10, I think) were excluded, then I would rate this show as 9/10. I found the romance cute and, well, quite romantic. Although the losing memories thing was frustrating, the happy ending redeemed it. Rather, it would have redeemed it.

But, goodness, episode 9 - it ruined the show for me. I simply cannot comprehend or forgive Kei's actions, and I cannot understand how Mizuho forgave him so easily afterwards. Kei's actions during this episode completely invalidate any sort of romance between him and Mizuho. A summary:

-Kei understood Morino's disease and knew exactly what kinds of things she had to go through
-Therefore, Kei was determined to help her out
-He concluded that the only way to help Morino out was to make Herikawa happy
-Herikawa would be happy if Kei would be Herikawa's boyfriend...
-In order to become Herikawa's boyfriend, he must leave his love for Mizuho behind

His priorities then, seem to me are as follows: Morino > Herikawa > Mizuho

It's romantic when people make sacrifices for love. It's the complete opposite of romantic when people sacrifice "love" for something else. Gah. I really wanted to enjoy this show. 6/10.
May 28, 2013 5:12 PM
Apr 2013
Hmm, only got around to watching this anime recently and I'm not so sure how I feel after the last episode.

The overall story was very sweet and romantic but I felt like there was some unnecessary obstacles for them. The ending too felt very very rushed.

Also, that little relationship between the teacher and the 15 year old girl who brings him lunch...am I the only one who was weirded out by that...
Jun 20, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
I'm all for this ending, it fit into the whole tone of the series. Although one thing bugged me through the entire series and it's how Kei won't freakin call her Mizuho instead of "sensei" it just sounded whiny when he said it.
Jul 14, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
I have no idea why I watched it.
Jul 30, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2012
happy good ending..
not bad in the end..

lol kei is pretend to forget everything.. not bad not bad I kind of like it actually..

final score (9/10)
Aug 14, 2013 3:09 PM
Apr 2013
I agree, it's a rushed ending, but the anime was bad.
Aug 19, 2013 1:08 AM

Jul 2011
The premise of the whole thing is pretty good. Alien teacher, getting married due to misunderstandings, and lots of hilarious parts. Even though it's to fill in the second half, the whole thing with Kei being a complete dumbass was just ridiculous. About to kiss whatsherface just so the other girl could not fall into stasis? Dumb the forever alone guy on her, she'll be happier then. Simply put, the marriage "problems" they have are way too obviously constructed.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Oct 5, 2013 7:31 AM
Oct 2012
this was a good and fun anime which i likeed a lot never thought about it but i guess it was strange for him to keep calling her mamam after they got married allso liked 13th episode.
Jan 30, 2014 4:31 AM

Jan 2014
It took me a couple of days to get over this. I kept going back & rewatching parts of it, prolonging & trying to understand the way I felt when it was over. I really wish I could've stayed immersed in their world for a little longer.

Although I was sad that I was so abruptly thrown back into reality, I was very happy that it turned out well for Kei & Mizuho. It also left me wishing real world relationships could be as romantic and moving as this (maybe it's just me).

Kei leaving Mizuho for Herikawa to help Morino was a bit hard to accept, but overall I really enjoyed this story so I won’t complain that it didn't reach its full potential.

I wish I'd watched this with a girl with whom I could share a nice big cuddle & tear or two at the end. I'm really surprised this had such an effect on me. Great stuff!!
Mar 20, 2014 6:10 PM

May 2012
Pretty sweet ending and a happy ending for that matter! Finally they manage to actually do what they were supposed to do without unnecessary interruptions! Some other relations seem also to grow in that ending sequence so well while I do wonder what the ova has to offer I do really love this as an ending for the series! All by all I quite enjoyed watching it!
Apr 3, 2014 5:52 AM

Apr 2013
Good job Kei. The part when he fooled Mizuho was nice.
I really enjoyed watching this series even though it had a very cliche ending. Nothing can beat the good old retro shows like this one ^_^

The only thing left is to watch the OVA.

6/10
Always-HungryApr 13, 2014 1:27 PM
Jun 4, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
Oh god, I watched this so long ago, but I just finished Ano Natsu so it gave me a little nostalgia. Teacher was one of my first animes back in the day, so I will probably always be biased towards it. I liked the ending of Teacher better than Ano Natsu that's for sure. The anime for Teacher followed the manga pretty well, but there was one discrepancy in the ending that they omitted for some reason that may have had an impact on how people watching the anime would have viewed the ending.

In the anime, 1 year passed before Mizuho returned to Earth and Kei recognized her and whatnot. In the manga, on that first day of class 1 year later, Kei first talks to Ichigo outside, and they talked about not having standstills anymore, and Ichigo brings up the fact that Kei got much taller over the past year since his growth wasn't stunted by standstills anymore. In the anime, they don't mention that or even make Kei taller so it looks like nothing changed. But in the manga, he ends up being taller than her after that 1 year.

On a related note, did anyone else see the KOTOKO - Snow Angel music video when it first came out and get absolutely fucking trolled thinking it was going to be a second season?
Aug 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Aug 2013
Very very very nice ending and whole series. I liked it very much.
Soundtrack is wonderful (as expected from I've), art - for a year 2002 too (Sensei is beautiful <3)
Comparing to Ano Natsu.... both were great, and both has scored 10/10 from me.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
Homolust said:
Why can't I have a hot alien babe fall for me?

IKR. Anyway I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would so I'll give it a 8/10.
Jan 23, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
I have just finished the series. Honestly, this is the WORST anime I have ever seen. It's outright terrible. Horrible art, horrible animation, retarded plot, retarded characters - most of them all absolutely the worst main character ever, my god. He was so annoying to look at, there wasn't even a SINGLE thing good about him. Shitty looks, shitty voice, the way he behaves and speaks, everything about him brings one word: pussy, he is complete opposite of a man, and yet somehow 2 girls fall for him, honestly, this was just bad. I had to raise mars of destruction to 2/10 because this is on an even lower level. The only thing I liked was Herikawa and Yamada's pairing which seems to be canon, lel. 1/10 from me anyway. I wish I wasn't so stubborn about not dropping series.
Jun 22, 2015 9:51 PM
May 2015
Happy ending, thats all matter, a bit confusing though, I think its a bit rushed. But one of the best anime I have watched. Amazing art, females are well drown, and they are too hot, sexy and busty. 10/10, ending is somehow confusing but still, worth watch it.
Oct 8, 2015 7:22 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad, nothing special in my mind, but not a bad little anime.

7/10
Nov 8, 2015 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
Decent anime from 2002. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2015 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
I liked it, then again I like most Romantic Comedy shows in general. The manga was a little different Kei grows a lot inn the year she is gone. Decent show overall the OVA gives a nice top off.
Dec 16, 2015 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
Just finished it yesterday. Awesome ending 10/10
Feeling sad that we don't have a season 2 :(
Mar 17, 2016 4:35 AM
Dec 2015
Pretty awesome anime! Loved every part of it up until koishi and yamada. That part annoyed me. But overal was awesome!
Jun 7, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
Good synopsis, happy ending but the relationship between the teacher and Kei seemed weird to me.

I hate the MC, his voice and his "sensei, sensei, sensei"

And the Yamada x Herikawa......lol.......Only hyosuke likes people of their age.

5/10
Jun 18, 2016 10:09 AM

Feb 2014
(1) All memories about sensei had been erased from people -> (2)

(2) Sensei's and Kei's relationship shouldn't be more an obstacle to Herikawa's love -> (3)

(3) One year had been passed until Sensei's back, and Kei and Herikawa didn't have an affair in this meantime, it seems. Instead she's seeing that teacher... WHAT?! It became fashionable now? -.-" Plus, it was like they erased everything about Herikawa and Kei relationship, about Herikawa's love. This whole situation annoyed me.

Morino's feeling and what she thinks is still a (?) for me.
Kei's sister is still a (?) for me.
Why Morino has the same strange disease of Kei? This disease shouldn't be common, or it is?

Whatever, 5/10

PS.: Sensei somewhat annoyed me, but can't be compared to the MC, that Kei annoyed me to most.
TechOtakuJun 18, 2016 10:52 AM
Jun 25, 2016 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
Viteracf said:
Why Morino has the same strange disease of Kei?

Because the mangaka thought it was a good plot device.

chaoz28 said:
And Kei was bad because he's not cool and looks pathetic?

The author clearly patterned Kei after the target audience to make him relatable, and went too far. He has the disposition of a passive victim, and spends most of the show either stupidly going with the flow, or making bad, insensitive decisions. Even his psychological condition is pathetic - withdrawing into a coma to protect himself from emotional pain. Perhaps a skilled writer could write a moving story with that material, but this isn't one.

He's oversensitive about what people think of him, while being insensitive to Mizuho, going out with Herikawa as if it shouldn't hurt her. That's a powerfully unlikable combination.

And the writer continually contrives to put him in situations where Mizuho will think he's cheating on her, because that's... supposed to be funny? Putting a Kikuko Inoue Goddess Waifu character in pain is supposed to be amusing?

What I was hoping for when I picked this show up was that after getting married they'd have fun slice-of-life adventures, or the kind of drama in the britcom As Time Goes By, where the lead pair may have fights but never considers anyone else.

A great post:

Lrdwhyt said:
If episode 9 (and parts of 10, I think) were excluded, then I would rate this show as 9/10. I found the romance cute and, well, quite romantic. Although the losing memories thing was frustrating, the happy ending redeemed it. Rather, it would have redeemed it.

But, goodness, episode 9 - it ruined the show for me. I simply cannot comprehend or forgive Kei's actions, and I cannot understand how Mizuho forgave him so easily afterwards. Kei's actions during this episode completely invalidate any sort of romance between him and Mizuho. A summary:

-Kei understood Morino's disease and knew exactly what kinds of things she had to go through
-Therefore, Kei was determined to help her out
-He concluded that the only way to help Morino out was to make Herikawa happy
-Herikawa would be happy if Kei would be Herikawa's boyfriend...
-In order to become Herikawa's boyfriend, he must leave his love for Mizuho behind

His priorities then, seem to me are as follows: Morino > Herikawa > Mizuho

It's romantic when people make sacrifices for love. It's the complete opposite of romantic when people sacrifice "love" for something else. Gah. I really wanted to enjoy this show. 6/10.

I liked Kei's use of "sensei." It's a show based on silly boyhood fantasies, so why not? And hey, if this had been a hard ecchi or hentai, it would probably have had a more devoted, considerate, likable protagonist!

jfabritz said:
Regarding the use of sensei, while hearing Kei say that all the time can be troublesome for an American, I would guess the Japanese culture makes it very difficult *not* to address a teacher, even one you are married to, as "sensei" due to respect. Where we take calling someone by their first name for granted, it is just not part of the culture to be so familiar. There is something intriguing about that distance that makes the relationship more special when you can address someone by their first name I think.

Host: "Do you like to be called 'Doctor' in the bedroom?"
David Tennant: "Actually, in those situations I prefer ‘Master’."
Jun 26, 2016 4:04 AM

Oct 2015
Ano Hi looks like a sequel to this, like a whole new cast and setting, but there are obvious simularities like the "this loser is you" glasses main character, alien red haired chick, the blonde loli named after a fruit, the one side chick, and the side couple that existed, not to mention the location.
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Jan 2, 2017 2:23 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good show for its year. I felt nostalgia since I remember sneaking up to the TV just to watch it in Animax at late midnight lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty meh overall. Feels like I'm watching a poorly executed visual novel adaptation packed with forced drama. Has its merits, though.
Ace_39Apr 5, 2017 3:30 AM
Apr 26, 2018 7:07 AM

Mar 2016
Had some interesting ideas and some decent characters, but the two groups (his friends and sensei) were always better off separated. There was less of a 'we must keep a secret' thing going than I thought, the blanks were filled in with outside drama. Decent melodrama I guess, but not sure if it was something worth sacrificing everything else for. (Thematically it makes sense, but if perhaps more episodes would make me feel as if some time wasn't wasted) As far as their relationship, most of the buildup seems to happen off-screen, and they spend more time agonizing over it than living it. Also, I love the idea of a teacher-student romance but this kid just pisses me off.
syncrogazerApr 26, 2018 7:25 AM
Oct 13, 2018 12:29 PM

Apr 2015
*girl runs in fear of naked man/doctor in the window at a place which supposedly offers medical services*
Konoha: WTF?! Are you cheating on me?!

If I were a woman, this show would offend me a lot more then the majority of ecchi series that out today, no matter how explicit they are. Onegai Teacher may be tame in terms of its fanservice, but every woman in it has so little brain power it's amazing they aren't drooling on themselves.

Yamada and Koishi have some clear sexual tension. I know she's underage, but they might as well give her a happy ending as well.

Kei and Mizuho got their happy ending, and I can at least give the show that. In summary, Onegai Teacher was a lot of fun until it wasn't. If the show was less on its bullshit in the last couple of episodes I'd have given it a 7 or an 8.

6/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 19, 2019 1:30 PM

Nov 2016
Kinda disappointed. I liked the first couple of epispdes, but this went downhill towards end. The finale itself was ok, anticlimatic and not really memorable, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2019 8:46 AM
Dec 2018
Ok show, not sure what the Japanese fascination with lame, selfish and wimpy main characters, though. Can't see one single reason why Mizuho would love this spineless freak She works for an intergalactic body that observes the earth while doubling as a teacher, what does this wet guy do? He's not good looking, charismatic or particularly good natured. It is just ridiculous. Even Herikawa, what does she see in him?

Kei manages to be selfish and clingy while still being insensitive to the feelings of almost everyone around him. Was really hoping that he would go into permanent standstill. The show would have been twice a good with a decent main character. They really need to work on their main characters in quite a few animes, this guy nearly spoils the entire programme.
Gab5Dec 29, 2019 9:03 AM
May 5, 2021 12:27 PM

May 2018
Good ending! Kei playing coy lol. Finally we get another kiss :P maybe I'll watch the OVA!!

This show started off pretty good and was funny. Honestly episodes 9-11 were not good at all, which dropped my score a lot. And so onegai teacher's a 4/10 for me.
Dec 1, 2021 3:08 AM

Aug 2020
Kind of an underwhelming ending.

I watched Please Twins before this, so I knew what I was coming into. I enjoyed every episode up until episode 9. It went downhill from there. Please Twins and Please Teacher is one of those nostalgic feelings, special shows to me, with its atmosphere, characters, old art style/animation, ost, so to have episode 9, disappoints me. With episode 9, I'm surprised that Please Twins has a lower score than Please Teacher.

I really like the dub, besides the part where Kei calls Mizuho ma'am.

It seems like Koishi Yamada likes each other. The age difference though...

Well, it's not over yet, since the OVA is a sequel.

Overall, I give this series either a 6 or 7 out of 10. Episode 9 and what led up to it.....

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Feb 3, 2022 7:13 AM

Aug 2020
I feel rushed. Well that conclusion was fine tho. Sadly I need more of this.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 7, 2022 8:25 AM
Dec 2021
This is why everyone says old is gold
Apr 2, 2022 1:09 AM

Jun 2013
Perfect example why MAL scores on older shows especially are full of shit. Oldheads had no idea how good they had it. Stupid good direction and art, especially in the BD. So much care and craft went into this, if you can't see that, then you either need to watch more anime or there's something wrong with what you're watching it on. The writing gets a bit goofy with the memory stuff, its not made clear what exactly everyone does and doesn't remember and it ultimately doesn't matter in the end. This show felt like a VN script that got turned into an anime in a lot of ways. I'm a bit greedy in that sense, I would have rather had Herikawa's end would have stayed unsaid like a heroine who's route you're not on, but it's made pretty clear what happens with her in the OVA. But that's just my personal preference, I can't fault anything. I really liked her and Ichigo, they were a lot more relatable and had better development. Definetely wish this would have wound up as a VN, even as an adaptation like the Angel Beats VN.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 10 Discussion

huyyy - Oct 26, 2008

32 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Apr 19, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 1 Discussion

Sky - Jul 15, 2011

21 by rohan121 »»
Feb 20, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 11 Discussion

Moe4Sho - Aug 12, 2010

20 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

brinan - Aug 13, 2009

53 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 23, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Onegai Teacher Episode 8 Discussion

another_anon - May 16, 2010

16 by patkarunungan »»
Jan 23, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.