Forum Settings
Forums

question relative to adding a manga anthology only released in a french edition

New
Dec 21, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
So I'm having a little trouble to know if this would be a valid manga request , even after reading the FAQs and guidelines . Because it might happen in the future i come across some more peculiar french edition like this , i prefered to make a topic here to have a clear answer , so i won't be in the fog about the validity of my next adding suggestions . (It seems pretty common to do some special edition for manga here in france , i don't know why exactly) .

So the seinen manga in question i'm willing to had is an anthology of shorts stories of a mangaka named Shinichi Abe ( not on the database either )...Now , it seems Abe's work were never published in english...but it also seems they were never published in an anthology like this in japan either . So i was wondering about the validity of this add .

the current anthology i'm refering to is "Un gentil garçon" (the gentle person) , edited by Cornelius .

(the cover)

lucky enought , the current manga have a list of all the stories first serialisation in the content summary , with the romanji names , so i can source all of them , in order:

as for the publication of this anthology , it's the 30 of august 2007 , by Cornelius (editor) .

Now about the author , Shinichi Abe , i had lot's of trouble to find information about him in english language , but i found that he have a Baka-Updates page . Also , according to the info in this page , this is the japanese wiki page for Shinishi Abe .

I apologise in advance if i should have just made a normal adding request , and this thread was unnecessary . But i do wanted to have more information on case like this .

DullboyDec 21, 2014 11:15 AM
Jan 27, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2008
It's pretty normal for foreign publishers to publish a uniquely compiled (re-compiled?) book that was not published in Japan. But we won't add those - only the things that were published originally in Japan.

I added yesterday three earliest(?) compilations of one-shots from the author, that have the chapters you mentioned ('Yasashii Hito' is not included in there tho).
http://myanimelist.net/manga/85920/Miyoko_Asagaya_Kibun
http://myanimelist.net/manga/85921/Kodoku_Miman
http://myanimelist.net/manga/85922/Mariko_no_Akogare

The only thing you can do after reading the French book is to add all three entries to your list, each with a different count and add a note in the comment box what you've actually read.

Sorry for very late reply.
Jan 27, 2015 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks a lot for the reply , that's what I wanted to know .

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

129 by BlondieLottie »»
5 hours ago

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Yesterday

0 by Marrzo »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7678 by nerfsunny »»
Apr 16, 10:17 PM

» Dungeon Defense - Novel (Korean)

Netori - Dec 20, 2017

8 by Souhail_fl »»
Apr 10, 5:01 PM

» Gosick sequel novels (New Continent - Red/Blue/Pink/Green) still pending for approval after many years

847AM - Apr 7

0 by 847AM »»
Apr 7, 10:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.