Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
rumbleanime said:
LoomyTheBrew said:
Well just looking from how people are judging this anime on this thread, it seems like most people would agree that this season was overall better than the first one. I thought the first half of SAO was amazing, but the second half was definitely average (except for the last episode, that was great) so it kind of brings down season as a whole.

I also share some of your thoughts, but for me it is difficult to say if this season is better than the other. Or both are equally good, or each season is good in her own manner. I mean look, SAO 1 scores a lot with the main story, SAO 2 on the other hand settles his focus on the crime (GGO) and refreshes with two more stories (last one so touching). SAO 1 has on each episode that feeling of being trapped and romance excitment, SAO 2 has more character development. They even have the same amount of criticized points: SAO 1 probably the FD arc, SAO 2 that maybe is so "different", no romance, no trapping...

If i would HAVE to decide, i would take the 1st season, because the story there fascinates me more. But of course, SAO 2 is also perfect. Still considering the fact that the second season has a strong relation to the first one. You see, for me it is difficult to decide what is better, because both seasons complement each other.

Adaption wise Season 2 blows Season 1 out of the water. In the novels Anicrad is clearly better than everything except MR imo(Excluding Alicization have not read yet). My opinions are contaminated so to speak because partially my opinions include the Light Novels. Season 1 overall was just botched and even Fairy Dance arc was pretty amazing in the Light Novels but the anime turned that to shit also.
Dec 28, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2012
Dat cliffhanger like ending... pretty dramatic but very lovely ending if you ask me and well with this a third season is probably going to happen for sure!

While this season was in some aspects better there were various aspects that weren't, so all in all it was still pretty good but as my expectations weren't high to begin with I was lucky to not been too disappointed about this season...
Dec 28, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
Bomb2chest said:
rumbleanime said:

I also share some of your thoughts, but for me it is difficult to say if this season is better than the other. Or both are equally good, or each season is good in her own manner. I mean look, SAO 1 scores a lot with the main story, SAO 2 on the other hand settles his focus on the crime (GGO) and refreshes with two more stories (last one so touching). SAO 1 has on each episode that feeling of being trapped and romance excitment, SAO 2 has more character development. They even have the same amount of criticized points: SAO 1 probably the FD arc, SAO 2 that maybe is so "different", no romance, no trapping...

If i would HAVE to decide, i would take the 1st season, because the story there fascinates me more. But of course, SAO 2 is also perfect. Still considering the fact that the second season has a strong relation to the first one. You see, for me it is difficult to decide what is better, because both seasons complement each other.

Adaption wise Season 2 blows Season 1 out of the water. In the novels Anicrad is clearly better than everything except MR imo(Excluding Alicization have not read yet). My opinions are contaminated so to speak because partially my opinions include the Light Novels. Season 1 overall was just botched and even Fairy Dance arc was pretty amazing in the Light Novels but the anime turned that to shit also.

Unfortunately, here in Switzerland I've seen that the LN (books) are since a few months in the libraries or online catalogs available, so I could not read it. Read it now is not anymore exciting though I watched the anime. But, as I read from many comments of the LN-readers, the anime adaption was not so good, so reading "details" and find out more in the LN would be exciting. But that's incredible what you LN-readers say. I mean, I found SAO icredible as it is, and hearing that the adaption was not well-done makes me just astonished because then I start fantasizing that this anime could have been one of the world's best.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Dec 28, 2014 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
rumbleanime said:
Bomb2chest said:

Unfortunately, here in Switzerland I've seen that the LN (books) are since a few months in the libraries or online catalogs available, so I could not read it. Read it now is not anymore exciting though I watched the anime. But, as I read from many comments of the LN-readers, the anime adaption was not so good, so reading "details" and find out more in the LN would be exciting. But that's incredible what you LN-readers say. I mean, I found SAO icredible as it is, and hearing that the adaption was not well-done makes me just astonished because then I start fantasizing that this anime could have been one of the world's best.

You can easily download the fan translated novels which are just as good. The official English novels are only up to volume 3 while in Japan the series is on volume 15 lol. Trust me when I say if you fell in love with the anime the Light Novels will only further that excitement. Knowing what happens is not a big deal because honestly you will read two chapters and be amazed how much they cut out lol. You just know the big events but a lot of small events, details etc are non existent in the anime. Example of things being cut out was Argo the information broker who Kirito met in Red Nose-Reindeer side story(Episode 3 I believe). She had a 10 second appearance in the anime but in the Light Novel she was actually important. That's only one example of things cut out and the list goes on.
Dec 28, 2014 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
I get shit and I'm pretty sure I won't hear the end of it for admitting that I enjoyed the first season of SAO, and I'm already embracing more shit because I actually liked SAO II as well. Season two is the same case as the first season for me, went on a feels trip and then wanted more to it.

I cried and laughed a few times during SAO, totally admit the plot takes frequent dumps on our expectations, but I really hope that this show gets another season. I honestly like it better than Log Horizon.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 29, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2009
What a great show :) I'm glad i watched both season because they are both good to me.

It took me a while to get into the second season, but I'm glad I did. It completed the world of SAO and the story even though some think of it only as a filler. It was fun, new, and sad... it made me cry of course :')
I'm sad about Yuuki, but I'm glad our main characters are all alive and well... finding their own paths in life. Kazuto, Asuna and Yui, what a warm family :)

All in all a good anime worth watching. It gives you the feels and adventure, while being different from other anime in it's own way. I have things i didn't like of course, but it's nothing that would ruin my whole opinion of the show.
It's been a great journey! Hope to revisit their world in the future ^_^

P.s. Now I'm hoping that the future will bring the iconic Nerve Gear in some form lol And one of the messages this anime sent is that there will be no cure for HIV yet, but i hope they are wrong.
Dec 29, 2014 6:45 PM
Jan 2013
Yuuki

The dias ragu of 2014.(shadow skill)

Dec 30, 2014 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
I can't believe it. I cried for 3 episodes straight. And I had pratically dropped this after GGO!
This arc was nothing revolutionary, but the drama never felt manipulative only to make you cry, and the main characters' stories tied together nicely.
Kirito and the harem were sidelined, and they weren't too annoying when they showed up. The action scenes were leagues better than the ones in GGO.
I'm excited to see if they keep up this quality in a possible 3rd season.

GGO: 3/10
Calibur: 5/10
Mother's Rosario: 9/10.
Dec 30, 2014 11:39 AM

Feb 2012
Mother Rosario 10/10
Tears fully stacked. I liked Yuuki too much. Her VA was amazing. I wasn't ready for a feel trip. Best arc in my opinion.
Dec 30, 2014 6:21 PM
Jan 2014
I was very dissapointed with gun gale online, but Mother's Rosario saved this season this went from a potential 5-6/10 to an 7/10 for me, I'm glad my friend insisted that I finish SAO 2 and get to this arc, it was beautiful, 10/10 for this arc!
elros75Jan 3, 2015 7:08 PM
Dec 30, 2014 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
The feels are coming to town...
Yuuki died. Then a reunion with everyone. Then Kirito and Asuna's discovery about the one who invented the Medicuboid. It was provided by Kayaba Akihiko who had gotten Koujiro Rinko to send it to the developers.
Overall, I enjoy watching this show despite of the flaws.
Dec 31, 2014 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Better than the first season, that's for sure. Yuuki ;-;

GGO = 6/10
Xcalibur = 5/10
Mother's Rosario = 7/10

Overall = 6/10
Dec 31, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2014
So many feels this episode Q_Q I'm glad Yuuki passed away with no regrets :) R.I.P.

Well then, SAO II is ended and it was amazing! Just like the first season, the first half has more action and the second half is more emotional. Sinon and Yuuki are introduced as well as a new game, GGO. Overall I love it!

Since everybody is doing it..
GGO: 10/10
Calibur: 5.5/10
Mother's Rosario: 8.7/10

Overall: 10/10 :P
*Waiting for SAO III*
Dec 31, 2014 6:12 PM
Oct 2011
Phantom Bullet arc had too much focus on Sinon. Sure she's not a bad character, but it seriously needed more cast. I feel like it would've also been cool to see more of GGO.

Caliber arc felt a bit generic. Still not bad tho.

Mother's Rosario was too long for its own good. I mean wtf those last three eps... just some wannabe tragedy shit and talking. One ep would've been ok, two so-so, three is way too much.
Jan 1, 2015 2:32 AM

Oct 2008
Many might dislike the ending of this series, but in my opinion it was it's saving grace.
Lay down, try not to cry, cry a lot. It reminded me a lot of Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora.
Jan 1, 2015 8:40 AM
Jul 2014
Fairly meh last half like last season imo although not quite as bad. there wasn't enough episodes with Yuuki for me to care too much about her character, and rather the final arc needed a villain. I enjoyed GGO much more
Jan 1, 2015 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
What a surprise. Mother Rosario was not only for once a good idea (that type of virtual environment for children on terminal care, as well as the additional uses coming from it) from the author, but it was on top of this carried out properly. No appearance of some absurdly pathetic villain, either. I cringed a bit when Kirito came to save the day before the boss room a few episodes ago, but except for this, it didn't especially fault. Mother Rosario alone is like 8 or 8.5/10 for me, which is quite high compared to the rest of the arcs in that second season. I give the series 6/10 as a whole, even though at the beginning of Mother Rosario I was seriously ready to give it a 4~. Quite an upgrade in only a few episodes I'd say~
Jan 1, 2015 11:00 AM

Mar 2011
Fazzazz said:
Fairly meh last half like last season imo although not quite as bad. there wasn't enough episodes with Yuuki for me to care too much about her character, and rather the final arc needed a villain. I enjoyed GGO much more

I'm the opposite, I enjoyed MR a lot more and I find that there are enough eps for MR.
But if I put what I think aside, I was pretty sure that calibur would be in 2 episodes, and indeed it would have been a lot better like this IMO. 3 eps for something like this just looks like way too much. Maybe just one less episode in GGO by speeding up the pacing at some bits, and it woud have been perfect IMO.
Even if for me it's fine, MR is a bit short and GGO might be a bit long when you see their theme.

was not only for once a good idea (that type of virtual environment for children on terminal care, as well as the additional uses coming from it)

That's more or less the kind of things the whole LN was about and why so many people were angry with S1 which had then but it asn't its main focus at.all.. There was hints of the "implications and potential uses of VR IRL" and things like that in the very first novels, but ... Yeah. This or things like Kazuto's speeches on the differences between RL and VR (like what he said to Asuna in ep1 of S2 with the amount of informations, which is quite accurate no matter what some may say while laughing at it) are a lot more common in the LN. Which is why I liked S2 more than S1 too, it also feels more "real" I'd say.

Then again (sadly) a lot of people don't care about that and just want action... I don't know if I can really blame them. Maybe, maybe not.

No appearance of some absurdly pathetic villain, either.

That's a part of what I liked too. There is a ""villain"" so to say. Thing is, it's death itself. And aside from deus ex machina (....which wouldn't be so surprising since this is SAO to be honest) that's a "villain" that also exists in real life, one you cannot do anything about, and you just have to shut up and accept it and make the best out of it. It looked more real IMO because of this, which is a good thing.

And yeah. The thing with MR is that you can guess that it is going to be more serious if you are a "looking for everything" person (like Yuuki saying that "Kirito knew her secret" and the way music and production was used during these scenes), but this aside (that's why I try to avoid judging too early, is something "bad" because it's really bad or because I missed the hints showing that it just starts "at a slow pace" in order to make the twist more violent?), that's really the kind of thing which take another whole new meaning after "the reveal".
willardhwrightJan 1, 2015 11:03 AM
Jan 1, 2015 12:21 PM

Aug 2011
I glad they adapted Mother's Rosario... I thought this arc was one the the best in the LNs and they did a great job adapting it IMO (better than season 1). Only complaint is that they dragged it on a little too long in the last few episodes... guess they needed to reach 24 episodes.

Hope they continue with Alicization arc as I lost interest reading the LN and don't think I'll ever get back to it. Definitely would watch the anime adaption of it though if they ever decide to get to it.
Jan 1, 2015 1:48 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Wasn't as good the first. Part two of the prequel was better than this part two. 8/10.

Jan 1, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2011
This episode and the past few episodes have left me in tears. It's safe to say that I loved watching the Mother's Rosario arc and most of what happened with Asuna and Yuuki at the beginning was what I imagined from SAO: a group of friends conquering dungeons together. It's also why I really liked the Excalibur mini-arc too. I know the excitement of defeating tough bosses and hoping to get that super rare item from it.

I felt that Yuuki's condition was paced well and had plenty time to let most people feel emotional about it. Admittedly, I didn't really like or dislike Yuuki but I still weeped during her final moments and at how much passion the community showed by gathering at the tree in-game.

Sadly, that means the only thing that taints my view of this second series is GGO. I imagine this is what hooks a large amount of fans with it's slow-motion epic battles and murder mysteries with life or death situations. I'm disappointed with Sinon as a whole, with her design, attitude and amount of screentime in place of everyone else. At least it wasn't as bad as ALO.

Mother's Rosario was the highlight of this series for me and I'm glad to have experienced it. 7/10 overall.
Jan 1, 2015 6:40 PM
Apr 2011
I like many had written off SAO at the end of Aincrad. Aincrad was good, after that story went from plausible to utterly unbelievably unrealistic. However, Mothers Rosario arc really helped SAO reclaim it's past glory. Too bad season two included GGO arc, otherwise based on Yuuki's arc alone, easily 10/10 (I gave it 9 as I couldn't overlook crappy execution in GGO).

Too bad best girl died, was hoping for a turnaround, but then again the way it played out was good. Was honestly hoping they would pull a kayaba or yui and let her live on. But on second thought, perhaps Yuuki deserved a clean death, after having suffered so much and losing her whole family. I know I wouldn't want to go on should that happen to me.

Just my 2c. Many manly tears were shed. Didn't think I'd say this, but I'm now hoping for a s3.

Rest in peace Yuuki, you will not be forgotten.
Jan 1, 2015 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
Yuuki the best swordsman?

Jan 1, 2015 9:24 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, it's been awhile since an anime made me teary-eyed in the last couple moments of an ending episode.. It really is a great anime, and i still don't understand the low ratings, reviews and hate this franchise has been getting lately, i hope for an ultimate Season 3, that would surpass and maybe even top the two previous seasons, and go for a wonderful finale, or arc, depending if they still plan to continue this series ^v^
Jan 2, 2015 4:43 AM

Aug 2014
Dem feels.. Nice finish, I must admit I was holding back my tears, lets be honest it was very well made at the end.. R.I.P. Yuuki.

GGO 10/10 (I was expecting more Sinon development at the end, her backstory had a lot of potential)
Excaliber 7/10
Mother Rosario 9/10
Jan 2, 2015 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
NOOOOO SAO II IS OVER

WHYYYYY

cries so much this episode

My feels though
Jan 2, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2008
Man this anime just went completely downhill after the first arc of SAO.

GGO was good, but the other 2 arcs. My God. The Excalibur arc just had horrible action animation. The last arc just felt random and was so boring. I know it was supposed to be touching, but it wasn't. Not at all. This anime is too all over the place now.

GGO: 8/10
Excalibur: 5/10
Crap Arc: 2/10

Overall 5/10

Like the Matrix's 2 sequels, I'm going to pretend everything after SAO didn't happen.
WILLs_Anime_Jan 2, 2015 8:18 AM
Jan 2, 2015 10:21 AM
May 2014
8/10
Mother Rosario was the best arc in s2:)
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Jan 2, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2012
Welp, that was kinda boring. Seeing a lot of nice girls was pretty good, masking over all the other crappy stuff.

Side stories was prolly the most interesting... if only I didn't easily predict everything that was going to happen next.

The action and effects and directing was as good as it could be.

5/10
Jan 2, 2015 6:39 PM

Jun 2014
In season one, the guy who trapped them in the game uploaded himself onto the game didn't he? I'm surprised this didn't happen with Yuuki. I'm sure she would of liked to stay. Might be wrong though, forgot what really happened in season one lmfao
Jan 2, 2015 9:23 PM

Mar 2011
eligi said:
In season one, the guy who trapped them in the game uploaded himself onto the game didn't he? I'm surprised this didn't happen with Yuuki. I'm sure she would of liked to stay. Might be wrong though, forgot what really happened in season one lmfao

He kind of did (the novel talks about this a bit more) but remember that...Well... He was freaking Kayaba. They needed him even for the plans of the medicuboid. Despite Yui (which was created by Cardinal, therefore by Kayaba) and quite a lot of other things, most of the world that isn't Kayaba still have quite a lot of problems with AIs (or rather, "human AIs"). If they are not even able to think about the medicuboid themselves, a random hospital in Japan doing some brain upload would seem strange. I cannot go into details about some points because of Alicization, but yeah, let's say that the world is more advanced that ours, but there is still a big gap between Kayaba's level and everyone else, and if you take into account that even Yui isn't "perfect" human-wise, someone else than Kayaba able to manage that seems improbable..
Which is too bad. But still.
willardhwrightJan 2, 2015 9:32 PM
Jan 3, 2015 3:08 PM

Oct 2014
Hope they get back to first 16 eps of SAO 1 in season three... and Kirito should use Excalibur more often..... why fight he with one sword against Yuuki?! He should take dual sword with Excalibur so Yuuki has no chance against him.
Jan 3, 2015 5:49 PM

May 2014
Fucking shit was terrible. Went downhill since end of GGO. One Dimensional Yuuki character for the melodrama. She's the strongest swordsman, well I guess since Kirito doesn't try anymore.

Some ending this was. Did anyone honestly cry on this crap? Why? Hopefully no season 3. Can't stomach anymore of this Yuuki girl, hope she is forgotten like Shinon.

To be short, the episode was Yuuki this, Yuuki that, Yuuki this, Yuuki that,
blah blah blah. Thank you Yuki, you taught me strength blah blah blah, OH NO, we were supposed to be together forever. But wait! I'll always be living inside your heart.

Mother's Rosaria Arc or w/e should be known as the No Kirito Arc
Kirito = side character for the last 5 episodes or so
Best thing that happened, they tied all the crap up with a golden tie, known as Kayaba Akihiko, so now we want more! No one gives a shit about Yuuki, Kayaba saved the day!

I can understand why the first season received higher votes/scores. Tentacle Rape + Kissing > Yuuki's OMG death, so sad! That's all their is to it. Didn't satisfy many horny, gaming teenage boys I'm afraid.
3/5 or 6/10 Fair I'd say.
Jan 3, 2015 7:37 PM

Jun 2014
willardhwright said:
eligi said:

He kind of did (the novel talks about this a bit more) but remember that...Well... He was freaking Kayaba. They needed him even for the plans of the medicuboid. Despite Yui (which was created by Cardinal, therefore by Kayaba) and quite a lot of other things, most of the world that isn't Kayaba still have quite a lot of problems with AIs (or rather, "human AIs"). If they are not even able to think about the medicuboid themselves, a random hospital in Japan doing some brain upload would seem strange. I cannot go into details about some points because of Alicization, but yeah, let's say that the world is more advanced that ours, but there is still a big gap between Kayaba's level and everyone else, and if you take into account that even Yui isn't "perfect" human-wise, someone else than Kayaba able to manage that seems improbable..
Which is too bad. But still.

I see, well, I'll have to wait for the next season then!
Jan 4, 2015 5:51 PM

Dec 2012
I can't remember the last time I cried this much at an episode of anime. Seriously good.

Wasn't expecting to like GGO since I vastly prefer swords over guns, but Sinon's character and some of the action scenes made me forget all about that. Calibur was a nice break, and this last arc was amazing when it got going.

I would have liked more screen-time for Sinon after GGO, but can't have everything.

I think I'll give it a 10 overall, due to the amazing first half and last arc.

Now to pray for season 3. Will probably be waiting for quite a while, though.
Jan 4, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2012
Part of me really enjoyed this season for what it was, and I had a lot of fun watching it. But the rational side of me knows there were just so many issues with the pacing, the jumping around of the arcs, the total abandonment of Death Gun despite that note he left for Kirito...but after the mess of SAO I, I guess I knew what to expect this time around, so I wasn't as let down and was able to just have some fun with it and jab at it along the way with my friends who watched it too. 8/10 for enjoyment, 6/10 for an objective rating.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Jan 4, 2015 7:34 PM

Mar 2011
FlyingPiranha said:
Part of me really enjoyed this season for what it was, and I had a lot of fun watching it. But the rational side of me knows there were just so many issues with the pacing, the jumping around of the arcs, the total abandonment of Death Gun despite that note he left for Kirito...but after the mess of SAO I, I guess I knew what to expect this time around, so I wasn't as let down and was able to just have some fun with it and jab at it along the way with my friends who watched it too. 8/10 for enjoyment, 6/10 for an objective rating.

the total abandonment of Death Gun despite that note he left for Kirito.

This was actually supposed to be addressed in the epilogue, but maybe they'll keep it for the special edition. (OR they decided that it would be a VERY VERY NASTY cliffhanger if you have to wait two years afterward, and believe me, yes it really is, and then dropped it, but I really don't think so)

I wouldn't be surprised if we had something like an OVA or something at the end of the SE addressing this. It's supposed to be there , instead of the picnic at the end. But maybe they just didn't had enough time left for it.

I'm curious about this. Will they do this thing before S3 or not. That's be logical and it's the real question. An OVA not about fanservice for once would be nice.
willardhwrightJan 4, 2015 7:38 PM
Jan 5, 2015 1:25 AM

Oct 2013
I agree. The original LN cliffhanger works in a LN, since the subsequent release would have been but half a year away. However, such a nasty cliffhanger would be painful for an anime with lengthy development cycles.

My guess is that the epilogue will be included in a special episode similar to the summary + bridge between SAO1 and SAO2.
Jan 7, 2015 9:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
kokusho36 said:
I can't believe it. I cried for 3 episodes straight. And I had pratically dropped this after GGO!
This arc was nothing revolutionary, but the drama never felt manipulative only to make you cry, and the main characters' stories tied together nicely.

100% agreed on this. My eyes are so dry now. This arc was really good as they executed the drama well. It was heartbreaking and emotional but without being overdramatic imo. GGO was entertaining but that was about it for me (and it got slightly boring at parts) while Excaliber was also fun due to the action and nothing more. This last arc though is a different story.
Jan 8, 2015 4:46 PM

Jun 2013
Zefyris said:
What a surprise. Mother Rosario was not only for once a good idea (that type of virtual environment for children on terminal care, as well as the additional uses coming from it) from the author, but it was on top of this carried out properly. No appearance of some absurdly pathetic villain, either. I cringed a bit when Kirito came to save the day before the boss room a few episodes ago, but except for this, it didn't especially fault. Mother Rosario alone is like 8 or 8.5/10 for me, which is quite high compared to the rest of the arcs in that second season. I give the series 6/10 as a whole, even though at the beginning of Mother Rosario I was seriously ready to give it a 4~. Quite an upgrade in only a few episodes I'd say~
This guy nails it.

Ignoring Jesus-kun coming to save the day and Asuna's retarded overtake as guild leader, this arc was pretty good. This arc presented realistic feelings as was shown with the scene with Asuna and her mother. Not bad for Sword Art Online. I guess all it took was to remove Kirito and the harem cows for that to happen.

Aside from the strong ending that may or may not have touched some heart strings on me personally, this anime is a pile of wishfulfilling shit. You keep telling yourselves that Kirito and Asuna actually have a relationship, but Kirito still manages to flirt with other girls no problem. Yui essentially only has one trait and that is to say "Daddy" in the most drama-forced tone ever. We get it you think he is your dad and you think Asuna is your mom, but look at the facts Yui. Look at how easy Kirito has to be disloyal towards Asuna. That whole ordeal with Sinon in the caves and how he very intimately touched her after their duel. Remember the disrespectful friendzone scene in the cafe and how Kirito accepted Sinon's flirt when she gave him Excalibur? That's who Kirito is. An asshole. It's that simple.

The fact that almost every villain so far has been a rapist should tell you something about how creative writers this show has. I mean their motives for killing people are so strong... Especially that one about killing Zerxzes/whateverhewascalled. He was killed because he gave a tip about which character type is the strongest and that wasn't true...

The harem cows are basically nothing but ass, tits and flesh. Nothing deep going on here guys, unless we're talking about Sinon's asscrack.

This show is labeled as romance here on mal and not a harem. This is bullshit.

I rate this show a very generous 3/10.
Jan 8, 2015 6:07 PM

Mar 2011
Aside from the strong ending that may or may not have touched some heart strings on me personally, this anime is a pile of wishfulfilling shit. You keep telling yourselves that Kirito and Asuna actually have a relationship, but Kirito still manages to flirt with other girls no problem. Yui essentially only has one trait and that is to say "Daddy" in the most drama-forced tone ever. We get it you think he is your dad and you think Asuna is your mom, but look at the facts Yui. Look at how easy Kirito has to be disloyal towards Asuna. That whole ordeal with Sinon in the caves and how he very intimately touched her after their duel. Remember the disrespectful friendzone scene in the cafe and how Kirito accepted Sinon's flirt when she gave him Excalibur? That's who Kirito is. An asshole. It's that simple.

"Hey, we'r here in order to cure you from the trauma that has been destroying your life for years, but it's my giirlfriend, ok?"
I think Kirito would look a lot more strange if he did that. Who Asuna was wasn't important right now and could have troubled Shinon. Later, she learns than she is his girlfriend. When it is time and it is not completely out-of-the-subject. It wan't supposed to be a "random meeting", no point in getting Shinon stressed or wondering over something (anything) before the "big day" for something so unrelated and that only concerns Asuna and Kirito. She had to stay focused on what wil happen afterward, and not on Kirito's and Asuna's relationship. Everything in due time.

The fact that almost every villain so far has been a rapist should tell you something about how creative writers this show has. I mean their motives for killing people are so strong... Especially that one about killing Zerxzes/whateverhewascalled. He was killed because he gave a tip about which character type is the strongest and that wasn't true...

Zexeedis pretty well explained. His killer had serious psychological problems. To him, the real world was GGO. Nothing more, nothing less. Not even like the SAO players that were trapped. He had the choice between two worlds (something SAO players didn't have) and to him, THIS one was the real one, the other wasjust like VR for most prople. And since you cannot re-spec in GGO. Basically, saying this and turning his back to everyone later was just ruining his "real" life (and may count as manipulation if he did so thanks to how famous he was in order to make other people weaker, >things easier for him later), since "his life" = GGO and that's it (Shinon says it herself). He wasn't exactly the most stable person ever. It's still not """"normal""""but since he had quite a psychological problem regarding reality to begin with and what happened ("the more RL and VL get closer, the more it tricks people", Kirito ep24), that's not surprising at all.
willardhwrightJan 8, 2015 6:12 PM
Jan 11, 2015 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Well. That was fun. Partly, maybe because I have my brother with the same disease as Siune, also she was diagnosed at the same time he did, April.

I cried during the ending, okay? :(
Like a river.

Alicization arc when?

8.5/10.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jan 13, 2015 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
Wow..I starting crying with Yuuki collapsed and it got worse as more and more people came to see her off. That was one of the best death scenes i've ever seen in an anime. I very, very much enjoyed this arc, in a completely different way than i've enjoyed the other SAO arcs. This whole concept and story was done very well. And Yuuki is now one of my favorite SAO characters ever.

GGO: 10/10
Caliber: 6/10
Mother's Rosario: 10/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

I haven't read the light novels, but it sounds like the next arc is really good. I hope to see it animated. Hopefully not another 2 year wait. (and isn't Attack on Titan Season 2 coming Spring 2016? Those 2 airing at the same time would be interesting.)
Jan 14, 2015 10:45 PM

Mar 2014
So many feels when all the players in ALO came to see Yuuki in her final moments ;~;
Jan 17, 2015 1:55 AM

Mar 2011
Vysarine said:
So many feels when all the players in ALO came to see Yuuki in her final moments ;~;

A scene that is quite important to me was skipped, that's too bad.
to quote tvtropes because I'm too lazy to write it myself

And to top it all off at her Real Life funeral over 200 players arrive in the flesh, surprising everyone at the hospital who thought she had no friends.
Jan 17, 2015 6:39 AM

Jun 2013
willardhwright said:
"Hey, we'r here in order to cure you from the trauma that has been destroying your life for years, but it's my giirlfriend, ok?"
I think Kirito would look a lot more strange if he did that. Who Asuna was wasn't important right now and could have troubled Shinon. Later, she learns than she is his girlfriend. When it is time and it is not completely out-of-the-subject. It wan't supposed to be a "random meeting", no point in getting Shinon stressed or wondering over something (anything) before the "big day" for something so unrelated and that only concerns Asuna and Kirito. She had to stay focused on what wil happen afterward, and not on Kirito's and Asuna's relationship. Everything in due time.
Even so, this doesn't excuse Kirito's behavior. There was no need for him to touch Sinon the way he did after their duel. It was clearly a flirt on his side towards Sinon, which is very disrespectful towards Asuna and Yui. He accepted Sinon's flirt when she gave him the sword, right in front of Asuna. Sure he laughed it off, but he looked really damn uncomfortable while he did so.
Jan 17, 2015 3:13 PM

May 2007
_Dazzle_ said:
Fucking shit was terrible. Went downhill since end of GGO.

Jan 17, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2011
Seems I'm clearly in the minority here, but I thought the Mother's Rosario arc was complete shit, the GGO arc was much more entertaining. I just don't care about melodrama in anime, anime does drama so terrible that it always makes me cringe, it's not realistic at all. I've never seen an anime do drama well except for maybe Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and that's only because it had an interesting "twist" of sorts.

I just don't care about feels, as I can almost never relate to it in any personal way whatsoever, it's always just too unbelievable. I honestly enjoyed season 1 much more than this season, even if the second arc in season 1 was a bit ridiculous, it was still better than the second half of season 2.

I'm giving this a 6/10 and that's only for the GGO arc.
Jan 18, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
willardhwright said:

A scene that is quite important to me was skipped, that's too bad.
to quote tvtropes because I'm too lazy to write it myself

And to top it all off at her Real Life funeral over 200 players arrive in the flesh, surprising everyone at the hospital who thought she had no friends.

Dium feels ;_;
Jan 18, 2015 2:33 PM

Oct 2012
And it's over now. In the end this wasn't just about any average series, it was high above that line. It really aimed higher. Even though there were many logic issues on the way and some insert episodes were either fillers or very bad the message this series tried to convey about real life and will of living was very clear. Yes, they could do better but it was enjoyable afterall. By miles, this definitely beats ALO in the last season.

In some ways this ending was the best. No matter what future holds the life is going on.

In first series it was 9/10 for the first arc, 4/10 for the second, at least for me.
In this one it was 7/10 for Phantom Bullet, 3/10 for that three-eps nonsense and 8/10 for Mother's Rosario.

So overall, I give 7/10 in the end.
Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

» Do Kirito and Asuna's romance get developed further in this season and subsequent seasons? ( 1 2 )

holo-simp - Jul 20, 2023

51 by erased_cydonian »»
Jan 5, 4:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.