Forum Settings
Forums

Is it always wrong to steal someone's GF/BF?

New
Dec 19, 2014 12:17 AM

Dec 2010
Honestly, I think I'm a scumbag for trying to steal a person's girlfriend away, but there are times when I think I'm better suited for them. I mainly do this because the guys I see are idiots and unsupportive. I've successfully done it once before, and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now.

AM I NTR'ING?

I mean, if the person is obviously a terrible match for the girl/guy you're trying to steal, what makes it so wrong to do? Besides the whole fidelity thing, of course. Do these people even get the right to claim something like that?

Another reason: some people enter relationships that are pretty bad from the start, but what if they come across their real "soulmate" (in this case, it would be me :D)? Do they still have to commit to a weak relationship, simply out of respect?

Of course... more often than not, it makes sense for them to break it off with the person before officially being with you. However, I'm not talking about that. Again, I want to know if it's truly wrong to break the boundary created by relationships and insofar as stealing one of them away when you are highly positive their current relationship is bad.

Thoughts?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2014 12:22 AM

Aug 2014
May the best man win.
Dec 19, 2014 12:33 AM

Aug 2014
Don't do it to your friends OP.

Bros before hoes.
Dec 19, 2014 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
Aww shit its Mr ImmaStealYoGirl up in da house!
Dec 19, 2014 12:36 AM
Dec 2010
Just because there's a goalkeeper doesn't mean you can't score.
Dec 19, 2014 12:42 AM
Jul 2018
F0XFIRE said:
Bros before hoes.

Also.

You're a third party. Don't influence their mind. It's their decision whether they are willing to change to save their relationship or leave it. Parting ways because you fell inlove with another is not fair. Chances are, you might be this person's rebound since his/er current relationship is not going so well.
Dec 19, 2014 12:42 AM
Nov 2008
i dunno op, you just sound like an asshole. how do you know they're not a good match?
Dec 19, 2014 1:03 AM

Apr 2012
NTRRRRRRR

Dec 19, 2014 1:06 AM

Jun 2014
Maybe try getting your own girlfriend and stop thinking you deserve everyone's girlfriend?
Dec 19, 2014 1:06 AM

Jan 2013
all is fair in love and war

but honestly I wouldn't keep a 2 timing bitch around me so whatever.
Dec 19, 2014 1:07 AM

Dec 2014
If its meant to be, then it will be. The weak shall perish!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2014 1:09 AM

Apr 2014
Hide yo wife. Hide your gf. Rezurrekt is out to collect em all'
Dec 19, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2008
Rezurrekt said:
I've successfully done it once before, and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now.

what happen to the girl you stole successfully?
Dec 19, 2014 1:25 AM
Nov 2008
Psyche_Izaya said:
Rezurrekt said:
I've successfully done it once before, and I'm somewhat in the middle of doing it to another right now.

what happen to the girl you stole successfully?

he probably loses his game when he hasn't got another guy to shit talk
Dec 19, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2012
No, it's never wrong unless your life can be in danger or something. It's fair game always.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Dec 19, 2014 1:42 AM

Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:
No, it's never wrong unless your life can be in danger or something. It's fair game always.

Do you speak from experience? I'm not sure if you should be stealing girls that age.
Dec 19, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Immahnoob said:

Do you speak from experience? I'm not sure if you should be stealing girls that age.
That's so forced.

Here's some recognition though.

Autocrat said:
Dec 19, 2014 2:53 AM
May 2009
Its all fair game in reality. Just be aware there may be consequences.
Dec 19, 2014 3:01 AM

Oct 2013
Damn you netori guy.

Dec 19, 2014 3:02 AM

May 2012
"steal"
Dec 19, 2014 3:12 AM

Dec 2014
I just find it amusing how, whenever something of the mentioned nature happens, part of the blame falls on the third person, the outsider, as well, when really, the responsibility is solely on the cheater's shoulders.

Products resting on shelves are just that. You purchasing them is your choice, and your choice alone.

People prefer staying in a damaging relationship simply because it represents what they're used to. Many deny it, but people have a difficult time getting accustomed to the concept of change.
Dec 19, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2014
You assuming that her relationship is bad and that you're a better match is just you trying to justify your motives and yes that makes you a scumbag. If she is unhappy with her relationship then eventually she will end it herself but if you try and get in between them you'd just be another home-wrecker.

Also you mentioned you've done it before and yet you obviously ended it with that girl then yeah... so much for that soul mate bull shit you just brought up. To sum it up you're a scumbag. But I mean it's your life do whatever you want, as long as you don't regret it.
Dec 19, 2014 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
I think it's wrong if you try to steal someone's girlfriend if it's in a sleazy manner, like trying to kiss your friend's girlfriend if she doesn't want it or even badmouthing her boyfriend in order to make her contemplate about breaking up with him, but if she genuinely likes you even though she's with someone else I think it's fine. You can't really 'steal' someones girlfriend if she is unhappy anyway, because a break-up is inevitable.
Dec 19, 2014 5:48 AM

Mar 2008
Determines how its done like Bambi said. Also wrong if it involves deception.
Dec 19, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
If someone can steal my GF than shes not worth it.
I mean if their not loyal, then fuck em.
Dec 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
If you actually really like the girl to the point where it hurts not being with her then I say go ahead and try. Although if you successfully steal her then you owe her ex at least one good punch to the face. Stealing someones gf/bf is one of the scummiest moves anyone can do. Taking a punch to the face is the least you can do.
Dec 19, 2014 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Fair game.

Play ball.

Though... unless she wants you to.

If you think he's an idiot and looks unsupportive, but his girlfriend says otherwise and says he's really down to earth then maybe I wouldn't get in on that.

Just speaking from experience.
Dec 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2011
Its petty as fuck, find someone single to date instead of trying to cause problems for others

Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Maybe try getting your own girlfriend and stop thinking you deserve everyone's girlfriend?
Dec 19, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2014
Mind-Break and NTR? yes please.

But yeah, if some girls are willing to let themselves be stolen, they probably were not worth your time in the first place.
Dec 19, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
It's not really for YOU to determine whether they are a good match or not. That's kind of something people nooormally decide for themselves when they are in a relationship.

That being said, it's a good way to make enemies, so I wouldn't do that to any friends you really care about. And I also think it depends how you go about it. I don't think there's anything wrong with simply letting a girl know, even if she's taken, how you feel about her. Let her know, but don't push her to be unfaithful... because then you've definitely overstepped your bounds. It's up to her if she wants to continue her own relationship, or end it to try one with you. I mean, it'd be wrong for her to stay in that relationship when she has feelings for someone else.

But like I said, it really depends how you go about things. Trying to have ANY sort of romantic relationship (even if its not physical) while she is still involved with someone else is just wrong. So fess up how you feel, leave it at that and let her decide who she wants to be with.
Dec 19, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
silmaril said:
Damn you netori guy.

^^^ This times 100. LOL

music is life...
Dec 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
It isnt considered stealing if that person really wants to be with you and leave the other one.
Dec 19, 2014 11:49 AM

Nov 2014
I think you should just let the other person know and then let them decide for themselves whether they want to go out with you or continue the previous relationship.
But if they decide to go out with you, you must make sure they have ended their previous relationship since cheating on someone who trusts you is wrong and can be very painful for the other person.
Dec 19, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
If you're not just imagining that you're better and the girlfriend you like has problems with the dude i think that you're ok.
Moreover, why do you ask here on mal? Isn't there a friend of yours irl that knows both you and the other guy?
Dec 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
Stay classy, MAL. -sigh-

Not a huge fan of those kinds of guys/girls who have to interfere with a happy couple. You make our lives so much harder.
Dec 19, 2014 12:28 PM
Dec 2010
mayukachan said:
Stay classy, MAL. -sigh-

Not a huge fan of those kinds of guys/girls who have to interfere with a happy couple. You make our lives so much harder.

Love and envy are two quite odd emotions and make you act in dubious ways.
Dec 19, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Stalker-tan said:
mayukachan said:
Stay classy, MAL. -sigh-

Love and envy are two quite odd emotions and make you act in dubious ways.

Get rid of them before they get rid of you is what I always say.
Dec 19, 2014 12:56 PM
Feb 2014
Stealing anything is considered wrong,so yes.
Dec 19, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
Kinda creepy
Dec 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
And these replies here are the actually selfish ones. MAL is as foolish as always.

Autocrat said:
Dec 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
Honestly. If I stole someones gf I'd just label them as a slut, have my fun then get rid of them. no point of having a girl who isn't loyal.
Dec 19, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
It's not wrong, but it's dickish. The girl would be at fault for being lose, or that would mean she wasn't content with the relationship to begin with, so it isn't incredibly dickish.
There may be variables that make it less/more dickish.
Dickish.

I can see you

Dec 19, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
Rivayne said:
Honestly. If I stole someones gf I'd just label them as a slut, have my fun then get rid of them. no point of having a girl who isn't loyal.

Why waste your time even?
Dec 19, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
mayukachan said:
Rivayne said:

Why waste your time even?
some men just wanna dick around and cause trouble.
Dec 19, 2014 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
Rezurrekt said:
Honestly, I think I'm a scumbag for trying to steal a person's girlfriend away (snip)
I mean, if the person is obviously a terrible match for the girl/guy you're trying to steal, what makes it so wrong to do? (snip)
Thoughts?
I think your conscience is calling. If you think it's bad, then act like it's bad. If you think it's good, then act like it's good.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 19, 2014 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
Its not really your fault as it was the Bf/Gf that dumped the other person to be with you
Dec 19, 2014 3:59 PM
Sep 2014
I think you could find your problems on google under 'narcissist' and 'dickbag.'
Dec 19, 2014 5:40 PM
Feb 2014
On MAL, nope. I don't know what you heard about me but a bitch can't get a dolla outta me no Cadillac, no perms you can't see that imma mothafuckin' P.I.M.P.

IRL, you'd get shot or stabbed, depending on where you live. And no, you will not die a hero, you will die a coward.
Dec 19, 2014 6:08 PM

Apr 2012
Yes. If somebody is unhappy in a relationship, they should end it. People who steal or are stolen only know how to half-ass relationships.
Dec 19, 2014 6:56 PM

Dec 2010
Well, just to make it clear:

I was successful before because the guy was a complete dick - verbally abusive, cheated on her, etc. She was only with him for as long as she was because she was emotionally attached to him partly due to the fact he took her virginity and wasn't the type to break up with someone no matter what. She eventually did when I showed her I could give her much more.

Fast-forward, she began to like me whilst in the relationship, but broke it off with him to be with me. It didn't work out in the end because it was emotionally draining to "fix" her. Nonetheless, I am 100% certain I gave her back some light that was taken away from her, and helped her learn to trust another person again.

I only feel like I'm a jerk because, more often than not, people who do this ARE jerks who are trying to steal people for sheer entertainment (to realize self-worth, enjoy sexual contact, etc.) but I do it simply because I don't like seeing people who deserve much better with someone that doesn't treat them like it.

Obviously, I'm not saying I have some superpower to detect if a person is being a jerk or not, but I do a lot of "relationship counselling" with the person before-hand. I tend to get along with them quite well, I'm emotionally supportive, and I simply like to cheer people up. It just ends up at the point where we both develop feelings for each other and that's how I justify doing something like this.

I'm not saying I'm going to forcefully get them to do things behind their back. Emotionally, sure - but shit like that happens all the time. I still believe I'm within reasonable boundaries. I don't try to hold hands, kiss, or have sex with the person when they're still with someone. In many countries, that's wrong. I'm not THAT much of a scumbag, if at all.

If a person was abusive to you non-stop and/or you simply don't feel compatible with them and stay in the relationship because you feel like you have no one else to go to, wouldn't it be entirely reasonable to develop feelings for another person who makes you feel happier and desirable? Of course most people would break up with the person they're currently with before they actually pursued anything further than friendship.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 10 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the internet been taking away our free speech?

purple_rayn - Apr 13

38 by DesuMaiden »»
6 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

32 by DesuMaiden »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you deserve good things?

LenRea - Mar 30

35 by DesuMaiden »»
24 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

15 by deg »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.