Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Dec 26, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
They terrible and most pure cringe made by fan girling 15 year olds.
Dec 26, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
jesujej said:
iSheep said:
AMVs? Well, if they involve Linkin Park then.....

Yeah those ones suck.

but those are seriously funny.
:()
#CRAWLINGINMYSKIN

#THESEWORDSTHEYWILLNOTHEAL

Haha you're totally right.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 26, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2015

[more text because i cant have under 30 characters]

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Dec 26, 2015 11:15 AM

May 2013
AMV's are pretty chill, gnome sayin'???
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 26, 2015 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
phan said:

ohmaigawd dis vid totes made me crai!!!!!!one!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!one!1!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Didn't bother watching.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 26, 2015 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
YorKeY said:
I remember they were considered new and fresh when I just started high school, but I remember hating them in 2010 (the year I graduated high school) they fucking flooded Youtube by then. You have no idea how many videos have the song " let the bodies hit the floor" or Linkin park music, ugh, cancer. It was fine at first, but they over saturated Youtube with the same unoriginal content and window movie maker.

I think if I was a little older around that time, I'd definitely make a video that parodies every single AMV ever. Or I'd make an account with a ton of AMVs but all with the same Linkin Park song in different themes.
Dec 26, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2010
There are plenty of good AMVs out there its just they're overshadowed by the shitty ones.

I love AMVs as long as it fits the scenes or characters/series in general. Also add in some nice effects.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 26, 2015 2:21 PM

Oct 2015
No, in fact I've made some, I often watch them for fun to, I do agree that some aren't well made though.
Dec 26, 2015 2:22 PM
Jan 2013
AMV hell is really cool tho

dis a 2008 thread eh

AMV hell is really cool tho
gone bai bai
Dec 26, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2014
Haha I love AMVs, I can get stuck on yt for hours watching them lol I think I even made one once hahahaha.
Dec 26, 2015 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
phan said:

pls

this were the best AMVs back then

Dec 26, 2015 4:30 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
The ones where people literally cut and partually sync to songs are shit. But ones people put a lot of effort into, good effects transitions, syncing etc I like...
Jun 8, 2016 7:56 PM
Jun 2016
I just stumbled upon this thread and it's 2016... I didn't read the date, so I was very surprised to hear that opinion. AMVs are much much much more developed now and not just clips put together. Now they are done with detailed transitions, effects, and loads of creativity on the level of a professional (in most cases). I know no one will see this, but I just wanted to throw that out there. ;)
Jun 8, 2016 8:09 PM

Sep 2007
I've only seen two good AMVs in my life. The rest of them are crap.

Jun 9, 2016 12:56 AM

Jan 2013
Welcome to the internet, where taking something someone else has done, slightly changing it then calling it your own is the norm.
Yeah I really dislike AMV's too, don't see the appeal in them.
Jun 9, 2016 11:37 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
I hate the music slapped on to a slideshow of clips but I do enjoy good AMV's or ones that are synced nicely to the music and have nice affects.
Jul 6, 2016 3:09 AM
May 2016
yes, most are horrible, i have to agree. there are a lot of editors on youtube who make outstanding amvs that are not just random clips on a random song. for example, i spent 10+ hrs on a 6 second typography edit. other editors are just like me and put many hours and hard work into them. i can link some if you wish
Jul 6, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2015
Do you have an inferiority complex?thats what it looks to me
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 7, 2016 5:40 PM

Jun 2016
I fucking hate the AMV's that try to be all epic and shit. Like clips of characters in emotional moments and action scenes hashed together with cringy editing and some awful inspirational rock song.

It gets on my nerves too quickly.
Jul 8, 2016 7:57 AM

Jul 2016
Awww, let's spread it thinner. Now, they've also proven to be quite a death for me. So...

a) lengthy sessions leave you butt-hurt,

b) you demand an IMDb entry for yourself - quite forcefully but equally amiss,

c) the only one who comments down below is some UK fellow two times older than you with a nice SS soldier unloading his stuff in the avatar.

Need I say more?

EDIT: you sometimes feel like setting up a Live-Action Discrimination Support Group. Right?

Jul 8, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
RDW said:
Welcome to the internet, where taking something someone else has done, slightly changing it then calling it your own is the norm.
Yeah I really dislike AMV's too, don't see the appeal in them.

Guess you only seen shit amvs because there are ton out there that are highly complex edited that takes many hours to complete.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2016 12:40 AM

Jan 2013
It's not wrong for you to hate them, it's your opinion. Personally I like and enjoy them. I don't find them to be the coolest thing made or something, but after watching an anime I like watching a couple for it. They're pretty nice and some can be really sick.
Jul 20, 2016 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
If you ask me. I kinda don't like them anymore. At first they are cute. But at the end of the day.. most AMV are just over the top editing with lots of pretty colors. No wonder the AMV community are mostly filled with girls (no offense)

Oct 1, 2016 3:21 PM
Jul 2016
PREACH! I'm an abridger for Tales of Zestiria Abridged, and to see people take such pride in putting random clips to music just confuses me. They definitely act like they've formed a masterpiece when in reality it brings nothing original to the table. At least content like fandubs or abridged series alter things a bit and deliver something worthy of praise.
Oct 1, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2011
I don't hate them. I just find it funny sometimes how shitty they are and that they use the same songs such as "bring me to life" by evanescence and "numb" by linkin park in 89% of them, you know, all the classic emo songs in the early, dark age of youtube lmao.
Oct 1, 2016 4:06 PM

Sep 2016
brinan said:
This is a topic i wanted to discuss for some time. But i think i may be the only one on the planet who hates these things, anyone else feel the same way? I also realize this is a anime site, and i'm fairly certain almost all anime watchers love AMVs. I'm probably alone :(

I hate them for several reasons, the people creating them think their the most creative people in the world, when all they do is link a bunch of random clips together and then add music like death metal. Yeah, your really creative. Add the fact that most of the people respond to these videos like the creators have done something truely amazing-- worthy of worship.. it just adds to my hate.

Whenever i voice my opinion on these videos i get attacked by a posse of AMV fanatics or have my comments deleted by the author who can't take negative feedback as hes the most creative person in the world of course. But i guess i'm a bit biased to be commenting on random AMVs, the mass majority of them are horrible though. Some are almost tolerable for me.

When i'm searching for a very specific TV or anime clip on sites like youtube, i have to rephrase my search quite a few times because a bazillion crappy AMVs pop up, and i still end up wading through shit tons of them to find what i wanted. Annoying and adds to my hatred.

So, is it wrong of me to hate AMVs? Does anyone hate them as much as i do? Is this threads responses only going to be flaming me because all anime watchers are AMV fanatics? Is someone going to attempt to convert/brainwash me into the AMV religion?

Majority of AMVs are trash. Unsynced, bad music not fitting theme, boring transitions etc. Good AMVs are amazing though.

ᴜɴʟᴏᴠᴇᴀʙʟᴇ
Oct 1, 2016 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
I take hours picking clips and making sure everything is smooth clean and effects that dont distract too heavily from the intent. Good flow, time remapping for sync and clean transitions are the key.

ᴜɴʟᴏᴠᴇᴀʙʟᴇ
Oct 1, 2016 4:47 PM

Apr 2016
I never even saw one before. Well the trump one I saw, but there are a bunch that just copy the trump one, so there's no point in watching those. The trump one was cool though.

But I love the music remix things, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8YJGwsuJn8
Oct 1, 2016 4:53 PM

Nov 2013
I don't watch AMVs.
I think hating them in general is dumb.
I liked this one about lesbian mahjong

I can see you

Oct 1, 2016 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
True, a lot of them are trash

This one's great though
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 1, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2016
I mainly end up hating AMV's of popular anime like Naruto, bleach, etc. They always seem to have the same ol song, it's either skillet, or three days grace. I do appreciate AMV's that have some smooth jrock, though.
Oct 1, 2016 7:51 PM

Feb 2015
There's nothing wrong with hating AMVs, I don't, though.
Oct 2, 2016 2:00 AM

Aug 2015
Can't say that I "hate" them per se, but I do dislike them. There's like 1 AMV in existence (or was, has been deleted from youtube ages ago) that I deemed good. It was of Hellsing Ultimate and had the ED theme for the 9th episode as the soundtrack. AMVs like that can really work.

However, those that use Linkin Park songs and other similar stuff really don't work. Not saying this because I'd hate all the songs they use, I'm a fan of the old Three Days Grace for example, and while most of their songs are good, I cringe when they've been used in an AMV. It just doesn't work.
Aug 26, 2017 8:46 AM

Nov 2015
-__- said:
Nope, in fact I enjoy watching them. Not on youtube though lol.

Half of the people don't know how to encode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Aug 26, 2017 10:17 AM

Jun 2016
I like AMV's like this and this, because the editing and timing is great and you can see a lot of effort put into it.

But yes, I'm not a fan of these type of AMV's. nothing interesting or unique, even the song doesn't fit the anime or any of the characters.

So I can definitely understand your reasons for not liking AMV's.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 26, 2017 11:11 AM

May 2016
I don't hate AMVs, but I find most of them incredibly unoriginal and some songs are so overused If a hear again Bring me to Life or In the End in an AMV, I'll kill someone lol
Aug 26, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
I normally don't care for them as most tend to be poorly edited and the songs feel tacked on without enhancing the overall experience. That being said, the medium does have potential and there are definitely some gems out there:

Take care of yourself

Jan 22, 2018 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
Op you're not alone.
a lotmost of them are trash
bilunJan 22, 2018 10:22 AM
Jan 22, 2018 12:10 PM

Nov 2015
As an editor, I can agree to your hatred for mediocre non creative AMVs that could take any idiot 5 minutes to make.

But you haven't seen enough amvs. Ever heard of a mep? Now that's some talent. Making an amv, when you put actual work into it, is a lot more difficult than you'd think.
Jan 22, 2018 12:18 PM

Jun 2011
yonderly said:
As an editor, I can agree to your hatred for mediocre non creative AMVs that could take any idiot 5 minutes to make.

But you haven't seen enough amvs. Ever heard of a mep? Now that's some talent. Making an amv, when you put actual work into it, is a lot more difficult than you'd think.
probably, but i already count them out if its a linkin park song....like for fuck sake that was an annoying trend, that alone has kept me away from AMV's for years now
Jan 22, 2018 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
AMVs can be cool, but 99% are trash made by edgy teens on Windows Movie Maker with Linkin Park or Three Days Grace playing.
Jan 22, 2018 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
Killaclown said:
probably, but i already count them out if its a linkin park song....like for fuck sake that was an annoying trend, that alone has kept me away from AMV's for years now

PsychoticDave said:
AMVs can be cool, but 99% are trash made by edgy teens on Windows Movie Maker with Linkin Park or Three Days Grace playing.

Need to say no more. I've come across a few well done AMVs but it's less than a handful...
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Jan 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
pgmhecateii said:
I only hate them when the music is in English. It sounds so horrible when it is. Otherwise, I'm fine with them. I only watch the ones with 4M+ views anyway.

That one AMV, called "You can be king again" has awful music, but otherwise it would've been a decent one.

Oh, and hello, OP from almost a decade back. :3
so much english hate from you lol (word limit)
Jan 22, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
pgmhecateii said:
Killaclown said:
so much english hate from you lol (word limit)

Lol, yeah, and you can assume I'm not American.

But you know, English just doesn't go well with anime :p

Also, part of it may be because a lot of Americans are so damn obnoxious, and I've hated hearing them open their loud mouths.
show me on this doll where the American man touched you.

depends on the anime, even the originals use english or english music at times (though the engrish can be pretty off putting)
Jan 22, 2018 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
I don't mind them, but I don't go out of my way to watch them.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jan 22, 2018 1:24 PM

Jun 2011
pgmhecateii said:
Killaclown said:
show me on this doll where the American man touched you.

depends on the anime, even the originals use english or english music at times (though the engrish can be pretty off putting)

I kinda liked Baccano's op, I felt like it was kind of western sounding, but that's cause it had a nice tune with no words.

Okay, forgive me on this one, I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence. I'll elaborate: When kids grow up, they're extremely annoying and well, obviously they cuss all the time...I'm not sure what other countries are like (including the country of my nationality), but it's really irritating to someone like me who likes quiet environments.
i tend to skip OP's so i dont know too many but from last season one i really liked was inuyashiki's which was mostly english

eh its that you seemed to have some undeserved hatred so i made a "where did the bad man touch you" joke
Jan 22, 2018 1:28 PM

Nov 2017
I absolutely LOVE AMVs. Of course, not the badly edited ones.

-Examples of good AMVs from Naruto Shippuden-

-Attack On Titan- ( not all AMVs need to be flashy and all. Just being in sync with the music and having the right scenes show up, depending on the lyrics of the song, can make an AMV very good, in my opinion )

_KorinaJan 22, 2018 1:33 PM
おかえりなさい

Jan 22, 2018 4:15 PM

Nov 2015
So there's a surprising amount of hate towards AMVs... I suppose it's understandable, I have a lot of interest in them so I tend to watch a lot on my free time, meaning I find a lot of the more popular ones that... suck. Really really suck. Excuse me, *Cracks knuckles and pushes up glasses* note: id never ever crack my knuckes because im a little bitch and i also dont wear glasses for I'm more than just a bit obsessed with these.

The AMVs that are worth it, have a lot of technique behind it and are tedious to make. I've yet to make a full song AMV because it takes too much time and a lot of trial and error. I've stuck with shorter edits and since last year I've been slowly but surely working my way up to longer edits. I'm hoping to attempt a good AMV soon. There's also things like difficulty with quality... which is to put it nicely... a bitch at most times to deal with. Because of how time consuming 10 seconds of good quality editing is, the best video edits are MEPs, which stands for multiple editors project. Now those... those are beautiful (Most of the time as long as the people hosting the MEP know what they're doing and find capable editors.)

Well, I can say that I'm absolutely obsessed with video editing so I'm just gonna put some good examples and well made AMVs/MEPs below. As an editor, I can really appreciate the technique put into them.

i hope i enlightened some of you somewhat or not i guess that's cool too
Feb 2, 2018 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
pgmhecateii said:

But you know, English just doesn't go well with anime :p

this man said it
the song inserted into the amv didn't go well, most of it. so it's sucks
Aug 29, 2019 6:12 AM
Aug 2019
You are not alone man,I hate them too.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 3 hours ago

14 by deg »»
20 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

673 by zzz »»
30 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

46 by _Nette_ »»
42 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

1 by traed »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 9 hours ago

14 by traed »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.