MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anyone hate AMVs as much as i do?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Casual Discussion »» Anyone hate AMVs as much as i do?

Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
11-19-09, 12:15 PM

This is a topic i wanted to discuss for some time. But i think i may be the only one on the planet who hates these things, anyone else feel the same way? I also realize this is a anime site, and i'm fairly certain almost all anime watchers love AMVs. I'm probably alone :(

I hate them for several reasons, the people creating them think their the most creative people in the world, when all they do is link a bunch of random clips together and then add music like death metal. Yeah, your really creative. Add the fact that most of the people respond to these videos like the creators have done something truely amazing-- worthy of worship.. it just adds to my hate.

Whenever i voice my opinion on these videos i get attacked by a posse of AMV fanatics or have my comments deleted by the author who can't take negative feedback as hes the most creative person in the world of course. But i guess i'm a bit biased to be commenting on random AMVs, the mass majority of them are horrible though. Some are almost tolerable for me.

When i'm searching for a very specific TV or anime clip on sites like youtube, i have to rephrase my search quite a few times because a bazillion crappy AMVs pop up, and i still end up wading through shit tons of them to find what i wanted. Annoying and adds to my hatred.

So, is it wrong of me to hate AMVs? Does anyone hate them as much as i do? Is this threads responses only going to be flaming me because all anime watchers are AMV fanatics? Is someone going to attempt to convert/brainwash me into the AMV religion?

11-19-09, 12:17 PM

Not every AMV is the same. Some are really outstanding and more than just pasting random clips together and slapping music on them.

Oh yes, to answer your question, no I don't.
Modified by CreamyVelvet, 11-19-09, 12:35 PM

11-19-09, 12:18 PM

I hate them too. The same shitty Linkin Park songs.

11-19-09, 12:26 PM

This your personal opinion which is totally crappy from my point of view

brinan said:

I hate them for several reasons, the people creating them think their the most creative people in the world

This is the first time I heard about this so as I stated before your own personal opinion no valid grounds I might add

brinan said:

Whenever i voice my opinion on these videos i get attacked by a posse of AMV fanatics or have my comments deleted by the author who can't take negative feedback as hes the most creative person in the world of course.

If you don't like them......why do you watch them until the end and comment? Or wait a second you comment on them without watching the whole amw and of course you offer feedback without watching it

brinan said:
I hate them for several reasons

brinan said:
the people creating them think their the most creative people in the world,

When i'm searching for a very specific TV or anime clip on sites like youtube, i have to rephrase my search quite a few times

I only see 2 reason which can be reduced to only one

11-19-09, 12:38 PM

Yeah, I don't really like them either. And I don't understand why it's so popular to make them.

11-19-09, 12:45 PM

brinan said:
death metal
yep you have summed up all AMVs you see on youtube. and all the kids who listen to this are bad at making AMV. See the strong correlation? You are not the first to figure out.

11-19-09, 12:48 PM

So basically you dont hate AMV's, you hate the people that make them...

IMO alot of AMV's suck. But ONLY because I dislike the song or audio. Not everyone likes the same kind of music. I think the one thing that gets under my skin with AMV's is the people that line (or try to) the lyrics of a song so it looks like the character is singing the song.

AMV's are great for finding new songs that you may have never heard of before.

And to answer your question... Ya, your probably alone...

EDIT:

I might add that if you add "-AMV" into the search bar it will exclude anything with AMV in the title.
Modified by Tracer_Senpai, 11-20-09, 4:00 PM
Speed is Life - 1st I.D... patch on my shoulder.

gunfacts.info

11-19-09, 12:49 PM

Depends, I have two AMV's made by Nostromo on my computer. They are high quality and pretty good actually. As for the rest of the AMV's, yes, they suck completely.

If you want to list 80% of all AMV's on YouTube, simply search "bleach in the end" (that is, Bleach the anime, and the song 'In the end').

11-19-09, 12:54 PM

Nope, in fact I enjoy watching them. Not on youtube though lol.

11-19-09, 12:59 PM

Chavez said:
Depends, I have two AMV's made by Nostromo on my computer. They are high quality and pretty good actually. As for the rest of the AMV's, yes, they suck completely.

If you want to list 80% of all AMV's on YouTube, simply search "bleach in the end" (that is, Bleach the anime, and the song 'In the end').

Bleach amv :)

11-19-09, 1:01 PM

I also dislike the majority of the AMVs out there, but there are some which are really creative like this one:

11-19-09, 1:13 PM

Hm...I don't really watch that many "AMVs", I watch more of the AMV Hell sort of stuff (as well as make those kinds of videos).

I have to agree though, that some AMVs are absolute eyesores, for example:

- The ones with the subtitles still on the video.
- Redundant music (IN THE END, IT DOESN'T REALLY MAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTUUUUUUUU-URURURRRRRRRRRR!)
- Too many effects
- Too LITTLE effects
- Forgetting to modify the sound and you can hear the original audio in the background
- THE NARUTO ONES, MY GOD.
- etc. etc.

It's pretty much a hit/miss when it comes to AMVs, but the good ones I enjoy.

11-19-09, 2:18 PM

I dislike AMV's but they don't piss me off because it's easy to avoid them, all it takes is not clicking on the video link.

11-19-09, 2:23 PM

brinan said:
This is a topic i wanted to discuss for some time. But i think i may be the only one on the planet who hates these things, anyone else feel the same way? I also realize this is a anime site, and i'm fairly certain almost all anime watchers love AMVs. I'm probably alone :(

I hate them for several reasons, the people creating them think their the most creative people in the world, when all they do is link a bunch of random clips together and then add music like death metal. Yeah, your really creative. Add the fact that most of the people respond to these videos like the creators have done something truely amazing-- worthy of worship.. it just adds to my hate.

Whenever i voice my opinion on these videos i get attacked by a posse of AMV fanatics or have my comments deleted by the author who can't take negative feedback as hes the most creative person in the world of course. But i guess i'm a bit biased to be commenting on random AMVs, the mass majority of them are horrible though. Some are almost tolerable for me.

When i'm searching for a very specific TV or anime clip on sites like youtube, i have to rephrase my search quite a few times because a bazillion crappy AMVs pop up, and i still end up wading through shit tons of them to find what i wanted. Annoying and adds to my hatred.

So, is it wrong of me to hate AMVs? Does anyone hate them as much as i do? Is this threads responses only going to be flaming me because all anime watchers are AMV fanatics? Is someone going to attempt to convert/brainwash me into the AMV religion?

I hate those things too. I do not watch anime online but I have sometimes weed through that shit trying to find real music videos just because some douche bag anime fan decided to make and AMV and some other douche bags decided to just upload a video with just the audio. I think the video with just the audio is more annoying because if I just wanted to listen to just audio then I wouldn't go to youtube in the first place.
Modified by ezikialrage, 11-19-09, 2:35 PM

11-19-09, 2:25 PM

I find most of them pretty crappy, but I have seen some exceptional works, so I can't condemn the entire practice, even in a great deal of it is crappy Linkin Park songs with Sasuke or the likes.

Also a lot of people don't know how to use DVD source and/or obtain raws, and leave subs in. Or crush 16:9 video to 4:3 instead of cropping it, etc. Really, really common to see idiotic mistakes like this, even with "experienced" creators. I could forgive people the first time or maybe two at a stretch, but when they say like "this is my 11th AMV, wat do u think?" and it still has subs in the video or something, yeah, just give up already.

Really, I don't -hate- AMVs, or the creation of them in principle, but I do find the vast majority of AMV creators very distasteful, so I can fully understand the hate as a whole.

11-19-09, 2:26 PM

It really does matter on who makes the amv. But all and all I don't dislike them.

11-19-09, 2:47 PM

I usually dont like them as well, but some of them are really impressive and funny.

11-19-09, 2:56 PM

watch koopeskeva and be amazed.....

11-19-09, 3:11 PM

I only hate AMV's when i'm trying to look for a certain scene in an anime on youtube and i get spammed with AMV's as search results.

Overall though, I love AMV's. They can be pretty creative and amusing. They're low budget: pretty much anyone can make them, but there's plenty of fun to be had with the interpretation of both the song's lyrics (or music) along with the visuals from the Anime.

Spoof on a Pirates of the Carribean Commercial

Some are just good video editing skills.
I don't know how to describe this one

11-19-09, 3:28 PM

You need to realise it takes time to make a great montage out of song. And by good, I mean GOOD. And I'm a fan of AMV Hell, simply because it's stupid.
-Fixing-

Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices