Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2009 3:47 AM
Mar 2009
Quite a nice episode, even though I found it rather dumb for Suou to go after July alone like that. That one contractor that kidnapped July and Suou seemed really interesting, he died way too quickly. Oh well, looking forward to the next episode, it seems like Hei and his gang are gonna get ambushed.
Nov 20, 2009 4:52 AM
Jun 2009
Good episode. I liked the action part with Hei, he still owns without his powers. I found it a little short though T.T and there's only 5 episodes left ...
Nov 20, 2009 4:54 AM
Dec 2008
Getting hit by those bottle shards looks so painful 0_o

as for the episode; it felt dull man, though I did laugh at July when he was in the casket XD hmm, at least the preview for the next episode looks promising.
Nov 20, 2009 4:59 AM
Aug 2009
looking at the raw is great and all, but does anyone know when and where these episodes come out subbed?
- thanks.
Nov 20, 2009 4:59 AM

Oct 2009
0neoc said:
Good episode. I liked the action part with Hei, he still owns without his powers. I found it a little short though T.T and there's only 5 episodes left ...

There still that power of Hei missing but the action is great!
OftheFlesh said:
I did laugh at July when he was in the casket XD

Yeah me too.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 20, 2009 5:03 AM
Feb 2009
... those people just died too fast that i cant even remember them after one ep...

quite some character development for july, oh god he is just so cute XD

o.o at the preview, is it just me or hei's appetite is back? (mountain of plates ^_^")
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 20, 2009 5:13 AM
Dec 2008
flame_tiong said:

o.o at the preview, is it just me or hei's appetite is back? (mountain of plates ^_^")

lol nice catch there, didn't notice that one.

EvolutionxUKx said:
looking at the raw is great and all, but does anyone know when and where these episodes come out subbed?
- thanks.

subs are already out.
Nov 20, 2009 6:04 AM

Nov 2008
Suou was extra cute in this episode. July also contributing with his limited responses for some good humor. When Suou was stabbing the lady I was like, "FUCK!!". That dude with the glasses looked a lot like Vash from Trigun. Once again, this episode proves, Hei can be as bad-ass as a ninja without his power. I wonder if there will be a contractor with the power to divide by zero.
Nov 20, 2009 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
Suou is school uniform was nice, just as expected.
What I didn't like tough was the fact that the contractor at the end died WAAAAY to quickly. They create such tension around him that you would expect at least two episodes with him as a villain. Ah well, the consequence of this being a 3-months series I guess...
Nov 20, 2009 6:23 AM

Jan 2009
Wehoo things are getting interesting right off the bat in this episode : D Followed by the ever so awesome OP : D
And now then, before really getting started on this ep, I want moar Yin.

Izanagi.. Izanami.. Oh lol they just had to use names that sound similar didn't they?

Ahahah~ That's Hei?: D Harr harr harr he looks hilarious, I just can't take him seriously with that beard and haircut xD

Oh and some more Tanya, seems as if she's gonna be in this some more then.
Also, Ilya Sokoloff, damn cool guy xD. Although that's one heck of a scary power O.o
And lol he's driving a Volvo xD But.. he's dead lol O.O

Secret Agent Suou, with a killing intent : D That actually pretty cool.

"So this squirrel is a contractor too?"
"A squirrel? I'm a cat! Well, right now I'm..."
I lol'd

And July's "Ow" near the end was somehow great xD
Anyways episode needed more Yin, gief nao plox D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 20, 2009 6:32 AM

Sep 2007
I'm not feeling this episode and I'm not sure why. It might have something to do with it feeling slightly filler-ish, most characters introduced this episode were either killed off or won't be re-appearing. Mao is acting less and less like what he was in season one, based of my memory, but either way I still think it would be better if he stayed dead. And seeing that it's only 5 episodes left, second season is not escalating as much as I hoped and anticipated. Still, don't get the wrong idea, it's still a very enjoyable show, but some think that criticizing is impossible if you like the show.
Nov 20, 2009 6:34 AM

Oct 2008
Veggen said:
I'm not feeling this episode and I'm not sure why. It might have something to do with it feeling slightly filler-ish, most characters introduced this episode were either killed off or won't be re-appearing. Mao is acting less and less like what he was in season one, based of my memory, but either way I still think it would be better if he stayed dead. And seeing that it's only 5 episodes left, second season is not escalating as much as I hoped and anticipated. Still, don't get the wrong idea, it's still a very enjoyable show, but some think that criticizing is impossible if you like the show.

THIS. Mao's silliness, while entertaining, is out of character. I have a feeling that the end to this season will fall below everybody's expectations, but here's to hoping that i'm wrong.
arisudollNov 20, 2009 7:14 AM
Nov 20, 2009 7:34 AM

Jun 2009
Didn't like this episode that much... the 1st half was dull, trying to add a bit more info on all Izanami/Izanagi Conspiracy. It looked a way too long to me and boring. It's episode No.7 out of 12, so using so much screen time on this is unforgivable.

The second half is better and has some Suou and Hei's action — something we all long for, I think. Though, I would love more action from both :)
Nov 20, 2009 7:40 AM

Mar 2008
I hate how they keep introducing new characters and kill them off so fast. What's the point in having so many deaths in the show when nobody even cares about the characters who die?

But I loved the scene with Mao plastered to the window:

XD

Nov 20, 2009 7:51 AM

Sep 2009
Oh ho. Hei looks rather dapper with a full beard and glasses. I think he should stick with that look for a while, although Hobo-Hei is just as amusing.

Also, I find it interesting how Suou's getting more... lively, I suppose. She was rather bland after becoming a contractor, now she's starting to act a bit more humanlike, although she's still pretty ruthless. She would've killed that chick if Mao didn't cut in.

ALSO! "You should thank July." Says Hei. Does that mean that July sent an observation ghost to Hei, and Hei saw it allowing him to find them? In turn, does that mean his contractor power is starting to rekindle itself? I SURE HOPE SO. THIS SEASON REQUIRES MORE ZAPPY.
Nov 20, 2009 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
Ariana said:
I hate how they keep introducing new characters and kill them off so fast. What's the point in having so many deaths in the show when nobody even cares about the characters who die?

XD

Mao was funny there but you have to admit that the evil guy knew Mao could fly and is why he taped him to the window.
JonathanDC said:
She would've killed that chick if Mao didn't cut in.

Yes! Is what I say, her first human kill! That girl....looking at naked July like that she deserves to no live....right...girls?
JonathanDC said:
ALSO! "You should thank July." Says Hei. Does that mean that July sent an observation ghost to Hei, and Hei saw it allowing him to find them?

Yes he did and he did the same thing to Suou to find him. The question is how did he do it because I did not see him with any glass next to him....
francismeunierNov 20, 2009 8:01 AM

Nov 20, 2009 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
JonathanDC said:
Also, I find it interesting how Suou's getting more... lively, I suppose. She was rather bland after becoming a contractor, now she's starting to act a bit more humanlike, although she's still pretty ruthless. She would've killed that chick if Mao didn't cut in.

It would've been cool if Mao wasn't there : D
And whatever really, she was killed anyway, so no harm done? ...wait xD

JonathanDC said:
ALSO! "You should thank July." Says Hei. Does that mean that July sent an observation ghost to Hei, and Hei saw it allowing him to find them? In turn, does that mean his contractor power is starting to rekindle itself? I SURE HOPE SO. THIS SEASON REQUIRES MORE ZAPPY.

I sure hope you're right : D Although I'm saddened at the fact that I didn't think about it more than "Huh how'd July help him?" and then I just went on with the rest : o

francismeunier said:
Ariana said:

XD

Mao was funny there but you have to admit that the evil guy knew Mao could fly and is why he taped him to the window.

Well that was pretty obvious wasn't it? Or well he could've actually taped him up anywhere really, but I think the window probably made it more fun than .. let's say for example the instrument panel : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 20, 2009 8:44 AM
Nov 2008
nice episode!
suou is so cute but that thing with the glass was cruel x0

so suous vater is alive? or did he become a doll? because he had an empty look

oh and this sokoloff reminds me of a guy from another anime somehow a guy with a red coat and glasses. it was funny how he scared the two girls :D
Nov 20, 2009 8:49 AM

Mar 2008
I enjoyed the episode. Hei with a beard? Awesome. At first, I didn't even recognize him.
Also, Mao is hilarious. Taped down at the window? Ha.
Still don't like Suou, although she gained some points this ep.
Oh yes, and July power! I love this little guy!
I hope next week will be a nice bitchfight between Tanya and Suou. That'll be fun ♥
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Nov 20, 2009 9:07 AM
Nov 2008
Hmm idk Suou had a chance to kill Tanya but Hei stopped her :0 so it would be kinda strange if they would kill her now

oh and i bet that the yin fans are sad that she didn't appear in the episode :P
Nov 20, 2009 9:08 AM

Jan 2009
Farethy said:
At first, I didn't even recognize him.

Me neither x)
Nov 20, 2009 9:10 AM
Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Farethy said:

Me neither x)

will we ever see him without a beard and with short hair again in this season? :<
Nov 20, 2009 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
DESU_USED said:
Oosran said:
Farethy said:

Me neither x)

will we ever see him without a beard and with short hair again in this season? :<

Who knows? Anyway, continuing where I left off, took me about 4sec until I went "HOLY SHI- It's Hei! O.O"

Also
DESU_USED said:

Of course we are D:
Oosran said:
Anyways episode needed more Yin, gief nao plox D:

And I'll be quoting myself for awesomeness : D
Nov 20, 2009 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
Ahh, it was a brilliant episode. I really enjoyed it, even though there was no Yin at all.
Glass shards throwing moment was awesome, and Hei pwning that psycho contractor was awesome as well.
Also, a new OTP to fangirl for~ I ship July/Suou now.
I still hope that we'll get Hei/Yin ending though. =^=
Nov 20, 2009 9:29 AM

Sep 2009
Osran said:
Anyways episode needed more Yin

More Yin , they should have showed Atleast a little of Yin maybe her hand or hair , but they didnt show anything...:(
JonathanDC said:
now she's starting to act a bit more humanlike, although she's still pretty ruthless. She would've killed that chick if Mao didn't cut in.

you know this is one of the best features of DTB , just because Hei told suou "shooting doenst suit you" , they didnt make her later character flowery , in reference to : while suou was shooting the glass pieces at her , for a split second she lost virtually all connections to the environment and herself and only had the killing instinct..
francismeunier said:
JonathanDC said:
ALSO! "You should thank July." Says Hei. Does that mean that July sent an observation ghost to Hei, and Hei saw it allowing him to find them?

Yes he did and he did the same thing to Suou to find him. The question is how did he do it because I did not see him with any glass next to him....

I dont think Heis power came back , even though this is what we want..Hei told that to suou i guess because July's observational ghost on the front glass of the car blocked the wierd contrators view , leading to the car to crash..,hence leading hei to kill the due..and blah blah

It is just me or does Hei look good in all disguises..:)
So sokoloff dude was a serial women killer before he was a contractor, creepy man, he was sktching the places on the body he would cut through..*eeh shivers*.So 5 more eps to go..why?? *depressed*
Nov 20, 2009 9:43 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome episode.

I didn't know Suou was good in knifes as well, atleast we didn't see the magical rifle coming out of her (naked) body thing, this time.
Nov 20, 2009 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
Usually subs help to understand but somethings are still not clear. In the begining with Genma...he mentions observation ghosts and power lines....did he mean that the organization has a observation ghost that can use power lines as a medium? Izanagi is Shion or they meant Suou/Shion. Oh great so now Hei's group has three organization after him, though the public safety was with him.... Why did the guy mention Ikita's girl and Mina denied it? The guy Ilya Sokoloff does his power use the brain's chemicals to stop breathing and kill the person or puts them in a dream where they die of being too scared like their mouths open with saliva suggest? Also is it me or a lot know about the Syndicate in this episode...Anyone can help me answer these questions (looking for you noteDhero) it would be appreciated to understand this episode better.
Linalee-Stratos said:

So sokoloff dude was a serial women killer before he was a contractor, creepy man, he was sktching the places on the body he would cut through

Is that not his remuneration? I though it was because he killed that guy in the bathroom (terrible way to die BTW) so he had to pay his powers. It is a sick remuneration, yeah I feel bad for you Linalee-Stratos you had to put up with a women killer like him in this episode....guess he used his powers to kill women before he was recuited.
Traveller said:
atleast we didn't see the magical rifle coming out of her (naked) body thing, this time.

Yes, thank you God, it was getting repetitive a lot. Some people really hated that like my friend vinesage, I just roll up my eyes or look away, it is pointless for me to drool on that. Maybe as 13/12 year old but I am past that age.
DESU_USED said:

Yes and it is more D: something like this as expression. We want Yin x Hei and last episode was a good start but it did not continue. Good that Izanami was mentioned a little but not enough.
francismeunierNov 20, 2009 10:10 AM

Nov 20, 2009 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
: > Brb gonna take a screencap from an old episode : D Just remembered the first season is on the other external .... so never mind.
francismeunier said:
Usually subs help to understand but somethings are still not clear. In the begining with Genma...he mentions observation ghosts and power lines....did he mean that the organization has a observation ghost that can use power lines as a medium?

The dolls in the observatory (in season 1) used powerlines to observe stuff, which was shown the most in the episode with the singing contractor and the one who could absorb observation ghosts. For further clarification, it's the episode where Yin meets her piano teacher who tries to convince her to go back to Finland with him.

francismeunier said:
The guy Ilya Sokoloff does his power use the brain's chemicals to stop breathing and kill the person or puts them in a dream where they die of being too scared like their mouths open with saliva suggest?

More like paralyzes certain parts in the brain, making the autonomus functions like breathing and such cease. And that's also the reason for the saliva, since there isn't anything (like muscles in your mouth) to keep it in.
Nov 20, 2009 11:02 AM

Aug 2009
Hei is now killing with of all those ways & skills he used to utilize before he got this electricity contract!
Nov 20, 2009 11:20 AM

Apr 2008
nice episode, had the feeling of the 1st season. Another random contractor came and went in less than ten minutes. The fanservice is still strong with this one, now it's July's turn which i'm not sure if it is better or worse than the standard fare.
Also, no Yin, just when the last episode did so well in that regard...
Nov 20, 2009 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode. I loved all of the development. That dude was creepy so I'm glad Hei killed him. -_-
Nov 20, 2009 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
Another great episode.
Nov 20, 2009 12:46 PM

Oct 2008
Suou: Why are you so cold-hearted towards July?
Hei: He's just a doll.
Suou: (recalling flashback) But at that time, for Yin, you were so --
Hei: SHUT UP.

YES. /SCREAMS.
Nov 20, 2009 1:08 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Suou went crazy on that woman.

Nov 20, 2009 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
scandal said:
Suou: Why are you so cold-hearted towards July?
Hei: He's just a doll.
Suou: (recalling flashback) But at that time, for Yin, you were so --
Hei: SHUT UP.

YES. /SCREAMS.

XDD hahah AGREE :P
*screams with you* XDD

another great episode....Hei owned that sicko of a contractor....lots of development in this ep..but a lot of things are going to unravel soon as we past the halfway point of the series!!! BTW Suou and July kicked ass in this ep ^_^
OMG that Russian guy on the train in the end planned this DIDN'T HE!!?!?! >_<
Time for Hei and Suou to kick some ASS
Nov 20, 2009 1:20 PM

Oct 2008
I like Suou a whole lot more after that episode. Pretty funny ending, too.

Nov 20, 2009 1:21 PM

Jul 2008
Ack, I could barely believe that was Hei. He looked so different. Even July looked pretty weird with dark hair.

I wonder if Hei knows he didn't really kill the father.

BEGINNER
Nov 20, 2009 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
One of Russia's best contractors pwned with just a wire.
Never UNDERESTIMATE the BLACK REAPER

So, what now?
Is that Russian guy gonna ask Hei to co-operate with him to find Shion.

I mean, the guy wants to find Shion to know about the secret project they were working on, while Suou just wants to find him.
Nov 20, 2009 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Hmm, nice episode. Sou's father is not dead, what are they up to then?? Really getting interesting now. The episode was good, realy development in Sou and July's relationship, I found the bit where she pinched it had that element of care and cuteness about it. I really like Sou, initialy I thought she was going to be a demsel in distress character, my superficial thinking getting the better of me eh. Next week looks better. X-)
Nov 20, 2009 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
adamantine said:
I wonder if Hei knows he didn't really kill the father.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hei does indeed know, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a surprise when he sees they guy alive aither : p
As many have stated before, the unpredictability every now and then is one of the strong points in DtB : >
Nov 20, 2009 2:04 PM
Nov 2008
i think the question is: was it suous father who got killed? maybe it was someone else °_o because he was well preparated for the case that something happens. it could also be that shion revived him somehow, but idk that wouldn't fit

Evilincarnate said:
One of Russia's best contractors pwned with just a wire.
Never UNDERESTIMATE the BLACK REAPER

i was surprised that he got killed so easy and in the same ep he appeared
Nov 20, 2009 2:43 PM

Sep 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
Osran said:
Anyways episode needed more Yin

More Yin , they should have showed Atleast a little of Yin maybe her hand or hair , but they didnt show anything...:(
JonathanDC said:
now she's starting to act a bit more humanlike, although she's still pretty ruthless. She would've killed that chick if Mao didn't cut in.

you know this is one of the best features of DTB , just because Hei told suou "shooting doenst suit you" , they didnt make her later character flowery , in reference to : while suou was shooting the glass pieces at her , for a split second she lost virtually all connections to the environment and herself and only had the killing instinct..
francismeunier said:
JonathanDC said:

I dont think Heis power came back , even though this is what we want..Hei told that to suou i guess because July's observational ghost on the front glass of the car blocked the wierd contrators view , leading to the car to crash..,hence leading hei to kill the due..and blah blah

So sokoloff dude was a serial women killer before he was a contractor, creepy man, he was sktching the places on the body he would cut through..*eeh shivers*.So 5 more eps to go..why?? *depressed*

It's possible that he meant "You can thank July" in regards to have obscuring Sokoloff's vision so that Hei could get the kill, but he did say this right after Mao asked how he was able to figure out where they were. He ignored Mao outright and said that line to Suou.

Maybe it's just my mislead hope, but it'd only make sense due to that context that somehow July used his observation specter to lead Hei to them. I mean, how else would he have managed? Sokoloff was an outside party from the informant who gave Hei the tip on how to smuggle the doll through the roadblock, so the informant couldn't have given Hei the info.

If that line of thinking is correct, it seems strong that he's starting to see specters again. Meaning (hopefully) his powers might just be starting to return. Slowly, at least. He may have to learn how to crawl before he can walk, walk before he can run again, etc.

As for how July was able to send out a specter without us seeing what he was using to send it, it's very possible that he had a small shard of glass in his hand the entire time. A shard would be small enough to not be shown or found, so that may be an explanation... although next episode will have to answer those questions. I can only hopefully speculate. :P
Nov 20, 2009 2:58 PM

Jul 2008
suou went a little evil there with the glass, and it seems july does care about her a little, he did bring hei to the rescue
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 20, 2009 3:52 PM

Nov 2007
Hei twisted the guy's neck real good.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 20, 2009 4:13 PM

Apr 2009
Not bad, but felt like a bit of a filler. Got a little story development, but next to nothing from the characters and the blonde hair guy wasn't nearly scary enough.

Also lacking Kirihara. Needs more!
Nov 20, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Ariana said:

XD
IDD, laughed so hard when I noticed that xD

Any way, Hei looked way mature and wicked in that beard, he seriously should consider growing a real one to go with his new looks :P

Nice to see that Suou aint a complete failure and actually posses some logic and have will to kill, she definitely moved up a few places in my book :)
Nov 20, 2009 5:47 PM

Feb 2009
Izanagi.. Izanami.. Oh lol they just had to use names that sound similar didn't they?

Izanagi and Izanami are figures from a Japanese myth. It's got nothing to do with "sounding similar."
Nov 20, 2009 5:49 PM

May 2009
That ended surprisingly fast, felt like a ten minute episode. Suou throwing the glass at that woman looked painful. I liked Hei's fight scene, he showed some nice moves. Well, he always does I guess.
Not that much plot development this episode, except for the fact that Suou's dad seems to be alive somehow ;?
Nov 20, 2009 6:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Good action in the episode.

I think I should watch a series without murders right now... (I just read too much Eden and MPD Psycho)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 20, 2009 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
Alright! So just to clarify a few things at this point... please correct me if I'm wrong, though, because I don't want to go confusing myself either lol.
In Episode 2, Hei was talking to some Russian dude and said that the professor was dead when he already got there. So that means he knows that he didn't kill him.

And in this episode, revealing Papa Pavlichenko to actually be alive, the one that was dead was perhaps a doll? (I don't know if they mentioned that in the episode, but I kind of feel that they did...) As we saw from Chiaki from Season 1, dolls can be programmed to behave exactly like an individual, even holding their memories, until the time is right. Perhaps Papa Pavlichenko foresaw these events and took this precaution.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.