MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

LOLI same as MOE????
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» SOL Brigade »» LOLI same as MOE????

Must be a Club Member to Reply
11-19-09, 5:43 AM

Hey guys,just want to ask really,been bothering my thoughts for a while. How does "loli" differ from "moe" actually?or are they the same?What does loli specifically have that makes it exactly different or at least comparable to "moe"?I have my answers,but i really can't bring it to words really.It's just hard. So i'll just ask you guys instead. Thanks in advance. :P

11-21-09, 5:56 PM

well let's see.

you pick a show with a little girl who doesn't have giant eyes with blue hair and is not completely retarded.

now that's not exactly moe.

OH WAIT BUT IT IS A LOLI!

And there you got your answer.

11-29-09, 11:13 AM

Lolis can be moe, moe can be lolis.

It's not so much that they are completely the same or completely different, but they can be used to define one another.

12-02-09, 9:43 AM

Lolis>Moe :D

(This was made on impulse, so don't think of this as some kind of answer to you)

12-09-09, 12:53 PM

loli by its very definition is a prepubescent girl, while a shota is the male counterpart. as for moe...well I can safely say that one of its definitions is cute, but its not exclusive to lolis so they aren't one and the same.

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!

12-14-09, 8:21 AM

I don't exactly think that Loli is the same as Moe. I see it more of 1 of the many things that can DEPICT someone as Moe. Like some examples of things that can be Moe is ex: Tsundere, Fragile, Etc.

12-15-09, 7:35 AM

Moe = traits that turn you on
Loli = small girls or girls that look/designed small

02-04-10, 9:23 AM

Moe non-loli: Mikuru Asahina.
Loli non-Moe: Guu.

Or for a common Shounen example that everyone hates:
Rukia is more loli than Orihime. But Orihime is more moe than Rukia.

Moe is actually more rooted in Bishoujo than loli. And the average "Bishoujo" type tends to be quite the opposite of the loli type. They're nothing more than two types that happened to rise the same current together.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

05-22-10, 12:50 AM

Loli's are little girls, moe is kinda a hard to explain deffintion, but it's not loli.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices