Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2009 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode, that featured the exit of Kozue. At times I felt she was used as nothing more than a plot device, but even so the last scene between her and Godai was really well done.

The last scene of the episode on the train was great as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 26, 2009 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
I really liked it. Unfortunately I missed out on a good chunk of Kozue and Godai's conversation because the fucking fansubbers left out those lines.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Nov 27, 2009 1:10 AM

Jun 2009
CDRW said:
I really liked it. Unfortunately I missed out on a good chunk of Kozue and Godai's conversation because the fucking fansubbers left out those lines.

I guess it's too late to say this, but check it out on Veoh. There are two different subs and one is the official, I do believe.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 9, 2010 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
well looks like all obstacles are gone.

final stretch has appeared...so lets see how it ends
Dec 26, 2010 1:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
What an amazing episode. Kyoko finally hears what she's been needing to hear and Godai finally discovers that coming out and saying things as they are works better than keeping things for himself.

Poor Kozue. She really liked Godai, but never really had a chance.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2011 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
This was an emotional episode that resolved the misunderstanding-pileup from the previous arc. Paraphrasing Godai's last line: "The woman I love is possessive, emotional, and impossibly stubborn. But her smile makes me forget everything else."

Ah, that made me smile :)

CDRW said:

Don't watch #TenchiDomain subs. They omit lines they can't translate and are too literal with the lines they do translate. It's as if they used an automatic translator.
hellogoodbyeJun 18, 2011 4:58 PM
Aug 19, 2011 5:03 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder if there will be an exit for Yagami as well or will she just be forgotten?
Nov 11, 2011 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Finally
Nov 12, 2011 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
I thought these Kozue episodes were the weakest of the series due to the fact it consisted of too many coincidences and contrivances it was not funny. Kyoko walks on Kozue kissing Godai though she had taken a separate route, which causes a misunderstanding. In th next episode, Instead of going after Kozue to clear another misunderstanding or calling her, Godai is seen moping on what he had done, and instead of preventing Kozue from making the mistake of her life he agrees to go to a party. Then, Kozue passes by Chachamaru by chance and sees Godai through the glass door by chance, which ends up in causing another misunderstanding between Godai and Kyoko.

The coincidences and the miunderstandings it spawn don't stop there. Kozue passes by a Love Hotel by chance to sees Godai walking out with Akemi, and then she meets Kyoko by chance and talks to her about it, which causes another miunderstanding that delays the Kyoko making up with Godai for another episode. Granted, the goodbye scene between Godai and Kozue was touching, Akemi's prank and the mind games that she played on Kyoko made for entertaining scenes, and the reconciliation between Godai and Kyoko was lovely. But after those brilliant job-hunt and Mitaka/Asuna episodes, these Kozue episodes were a let down. I just hope the upcoming episodes will build up to a great finale.
removed-userNov 12, 2011 7:29 AM
Jan 16, 2012 2:49 AM

Sep 2008
jpem said:
Finally

Took over 90 episodes to get to this point so, yes, I'd say that word nicely summarizes the 'feeling' of this episode. XD

It was a great episode, though Raven_Shinobi is quite right - which I can see more clearly after that explanation. Nevertheless, characters like Kozue and Yagami (and Mitaka) seemed to be necessary in order to push Godai and Kyoko closer towards each other or towards just being honest with themselves and their own feelings.
Jul 19, 2012 12:43 PM

Oct 2009
That was a great episode, glad things are finally sorted with Kozue-chan, and yeah the scene at the end with Godai on the train was great too. Hopefully we get a nice grand finale, being that there's just 4 more episodes remaining.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 5, 2013 4:11 PM
Aug 2007
Well, I was starting to dislike Kozue, but they gave her a nice ending.. Godai finally came out and said things that he should have said a long time ago.
Jul 12, 2014 12:05 AM

Jun 2010
I like how much of an asshole Akemi is in this episode; she's been this way since the beginning but it never really mattered. Now in one of the rare bursts of drama her character remains consistent. This way is more interesting than the irritants at Ikoku suddenly being nothing but helpful to Kyoko and Godai. In the same vein, I wonder if Yotsuya told Kozue the truth just to stir things up.
May 13, 2015 9:37 PM

Nov 2014
Well two down one more to go, that it is if the pattern continues to be consistent then Yagami's next. Not sure how I'm going to watch the next few eps without tearing my hair out.
Oct 21, 2015 6:14 AM
May 2015
That's a happy ending.
Jan 3, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode . Kozue gone. I suddenly started to think that they should also show Yubuki Yagami departure too.
May 14, 2016 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
The weakest love rival is gone. Hurray
It was an alright arc. The highlight of course is the confession, everything else is meh.
Aug 11, 2016 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
FANTASTIC EPISODE, the best episode easily.
I don't want there to be a single misunderstanding in the last 4 episodes. But that's too much to hope for.

BornWithCHeeSe said:
The weakest love rival is gone. Hurray
It was an alright arc. The highlight of course is the confession, everything else is meh.

This was the climax, that alone makes it the best arc. All that's left is for Kyoko to say outloud to Godai that she's in love with him.
Jul 1, 2017 5:29 PM

May 2009
I kind of wonder if the outcome would have been different had Godai broken up with Kozue in the earlier episodes of the series since she wasn't engaged and all...still glad Godai and Kozue break-up was resolved. I loved how Godai proclaimed his feelings to Kyoko as the only woman he'll ever want :)
Now, we wait for Kyoko's confession...
Akemi really does understand the mind of a woman hopelessly in love, even if her ways to get them to realized are quite "mean".
Nov 17, 2017 10:27 AM

May 2015
FInally GTFO Kozue.

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 30, 2017 5:47 AM

Jun 2016
The woman I love can be so jealous. She always jumps to conclusions. She cries, she gets angry. But when she smiles at me, It makes me feel like I am the luckiest man alive.

Goodbyes in this anime are so warm and genuine. I’ve enjoyed them all. And it was a bittersweet episode.
Sep 2, 2018 8:34 PM
Jan 2017
Finally a really good emotional episode after a steamroll of misunderstandings.
Mar 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
I love these episodes, it's absolutely great to see everything getting resolved.

Now my man only needs to find a job.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
Damn Yotsuya clearing up a misunderstanding instead of creating one, he is actually helpfull for once never expected that

Finally all the misunderstandings have been cleared, good to see the Kozue situation has been resolved on a good note

Dec 15, 2019 4:40 PM

Feb 2017
What a nice way to end their relationship, no one is hurting, and just like Kozue said, they're 'even'. Yotsuya is the MVP here
Oct 18, 2020 2:37 AM
Nov 2017
Hey guys. Does anyone know what is the BGM played when Godai is on train right before the end?
Feb 7, 2021 9:23 PM

Jan 2012
an amazing episode. Coming into the home stretch.
May 9, 2021 9:53 AM

May 2019
Great episode. Now that everything has cleared up already. It's time for the ship to sail.

Jun 5, 2021 8:19 AM

Jan 2018
I love how in this anime when you think everything has already ended, the next episode comes along and gives us an even better ending with closure. This time it was Kozue's. I wonder how Yagami will be dealt with since she seemingly knows everything already and is very persistent to deal with.
Jun 23, 2021 7:43 PM
Sep 2019
why the fuck do they fuck up the art every now and then
great episode though
Jun 23, 2021 7:47 PM
Sep 2019
Reapermask said:
Damn Yotsuya clearing up a misunderstanding instead of creating one, he is actually helpfull for once never expected that

Finally all the misunderstandings have been cleared, good to see the Kozue situation has been resolved on a good note

he cleared the misunderstanding in ep 30
but created one in ep 31 lol
Mar 17, 2022 3:00 AM
Mar 2021
"I'm not smooth enough to court several women at once" lol

I'm kinda iffy on the "Godai restrains himself from reacting violently after being insulted" scene, and even if it was a different era and did restrain himself after all, he should still have apologized.

Nevertheless, a really good episode. The plot is really moving to a good conclusion.

Kozue was a nice character, and in the earlier episodes I actually preferred her to Kyoko, but this was a good conclusion to her arc and that final self-reflection speech in the train... excellent stuff

The artstyle is also pretty excellent in these last few episodes, with the highway bridge scene standing out.
Aug 21, 2022 7:09 AM

Sep 2020
Kozue is out of the game!

The Akemi incident has been resolved in a very emotional episode, full of confessions, resolved tensions, and dramatic silences. This is a final victory for Godai and Kozue, since they both got their happy ending, or at least are close to getting it, which is nice, considering how badly it could have gone.

On the other hand, Godai confessed his love for Kyoko. What a thrill! One can only wonder what will happen next...

4 episodes remaining.
Oct 20, 2022 1:57 PM
May 2018
Goodbye forever Kozue (hopefully).
The scene of their severance felt drawn out, not dramatic. There were never any stakes in their relationship, so there was nothing lost in ending it. It's strange the show would try to make it seem otherwise. Maybe it's being used to show that Godai's becoming a man, or to show the level of his feelings towards Kyouko, idk. I liked Kozue's bling.
Jun 17, 2023 5:00 PM

May 2016
That was probably the best break up I ever seen, really well handled.
Jul 27, 2023 10:22 PM

May 2022
This is the second best episode (e: third best, had to come back to correct :D) in MI in my opinion (the best one is coming up). I was on the edge of my seat as I was watching the Chacha Maru scene, tesnsion through the roof! Godai san have stated his love to Kyoko san before, but this time it came from his heart. This conversation should've happened wayyy earlier but, here we are.

The breakup with Kozue chan was really, really well made. Neither was left with bitter taste of it and they both can continue happily forward. I just hope she has a happy life with her husband. Overpasses are notorious places in anime but this one ended positively.

Now think about this; if we count every episode with Yagami chan as filler, then Kozue chan was the only true love rival for Godai san. The show would then alone be some 40 episodes shorter.
Oh but we wouldn't have the sports storage scene, put them back in!
PozoyJul 27, 2023 11:10 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 9, 2009

31 by Inter_anime »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 9 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 26, 2009

24 by breddie_sucks »»
Yesterday, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 26, 2009

30 by breddie_sucks »»
Yesterday, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 7 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 2, 2011

20 by breddie_sucks »»
Apr 14, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

28 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 5:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.