Dec 14, 2014 2:04 AM

Jun 2014
Is this anime really that good ? Why ?
Dec 14, 2014 3:53 AM
Nov 2013
L3gEnDaRy said:

Definitely put in your top of the plan to watch list

Very similar to Kuroko no basket and Yowamushi pedal and Ookiku Furikabutte if you have watch Any of these surely u will like it
Dec 14, 2014 9:57 AM
Dec 2014
What's the point of creating this thread when you can read the reviews? -_- Many agreed with those reviews so the story must be "really that good." You won't know whether you like the story until you watch/read an episode/chapter of it.
Dec 14, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2011
Umnn not really. I believe it is extremely overrated. I started watching it recently when I saw it came out as the top 10 most sold manga of 2014 so I decided to give it a try along with Diamond no Ace. After 15 episodes in I really don't see how can this anime be rated so high, I just can't take an anime about volleyball seriously like many others specially when its guys playing it instead of females. So let me tell you the pros and cons about this anime

+ Haikyuu is actually pretty funny
+ I like the unique character designs and animation

- It's lacking that adrenaline pump scenes that kuroko no basket and other sport anime have.
- Hinata ( the main character ) can be annoying as hell sometimes
- I am 15 episodes in and not a single "REAL" match has been played.
- I don't see many strategies being used in the games.
- It is super dramatic for like no reason at all, I mean its freaking volleyball jesus why do they over-exaggerate things.

I know I might get hate for this but this is just my opinion, however I will still finish the anime
Dec 14, 2014 2:32 PM

Feb 2013
It's a very interesting show, Haikyuu takes an approach that focuses on characterization opposed to the "action" side of sports by disregarding super powers and not having too many official matches. The plot is driven more on aspirations and motivation along with a mixture of comedy.

Personally it ticks all the boxes for me, but if your looking for a more action packed or tactical sports themed anime, you'd be better off looking into other shows, with One Outs or Giant Killing being my recommendations.
Dec 14, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
just watch it yourself

OT:
good pacing (like its really good), good incorporation of drama, great comedy, fun characters (every1's likable!), good art/animation, refreshing
Dec 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2009
Extreme3708 said:

- It's lacking that adrenaline pump scenes that kuroko no basket and other sport anime have.
- It is super dramatic for like no reason at all, I mean its freaking volleyball jesus why do they over-exaggerate things.

I know I might get hate for this but this is just my opinion, however I will still finish the anime

Not hate, but disagreement. I felt the adrenaline rush scenes just as I have in other sports anime. Maybe you just weren't that into it, therefore you didn't get the hype. Hinata is not annoying and he may be the main character but he is not the ONLY character. They all get some good spotlight, they are all very likable, even those from the opposing team.
Again about "real" matches....this is a utterly pathetic excuse of a con for a sports anime, you do know that this is how sports happen in real life right? They train and play practice matches before jumping straight into a tournament.
All sports anime are dramatic, I don't see how this was any more dramatic than the others. They all try to conjure up emotions from the audience, therefore creating exciting, over -the-top situations to rile us up.

Finish it or don't finish it. That's up to you.

HashiMada4Ever said:
What's the point of creating this thread when you can read the reviews? -_- Many agreed with those reviews so the story must be "really that good." You won't know whether you like the story until you watch/read an episode/chapter of it.

Indeed.

Dec 16, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2014
Extreme3708 said:

You say this and yet praise Kuroko no Basket? Which uses what are essentially superpowers in a show about basketball? Talk about hypocritical.
Dec 16, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah.
Dec 17, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2011
YESSSSSSSSS

XD
Dec 17, 2014 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
narancia said:
Extreme3708 said:

You say this and yet praise Kuroko no Basket? Which uses what are essentially superpowers in a show about basketball? Talk about hypocritical.

Yeah I can't believe some people actually hate Haikyuu!! enough to use other sports anime to bash on it.

Come on, guys. Keep yer hate to yourself.
Dec 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
Looking at your list and seeing that you really loved Kuroko no Basket I'm sure you'll love Haikyuu. It has some excellent matches and likeable/loveable characters. Has some great comedy as well. Give it a episode or two to see if you like it, never hurts to try.
Dec 18, 2014 3:28 PM
Aug 2011
mayukachan said:
Yeah I can't believe some people actually hate Haikyuu!! enough to use other sports anime to bash on it.

I guess they missed the memo that said that it's completely possible for a person to enjoy both (or dislike both?) for different reasons, but no, apparently Sport Anime A will always have to be compared to Sport Anime B.

They aren't even the same fucking sport. What even.
Dec 18, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2010
No, it sucks that's why the score is so high. Everyone hates it, just look at the reviews. Use your common sense and you would see that.
Dec 18, 2014 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
Objective said:
opposed to the "action" side of sports by disregarding super powers

That doesn't really make sense, most sports anime are not super powered. Hardly something worth praising it for..

OT: I think that's a dumb question for something ranked high. You should already know the majority of answers..

Dec 18, 2014 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely. I had some quarrel to myself on watching it since I've never watched a sports anime before but look at it now; right in the middle of my favourites list

Give it a go and you won't regret it
Dec 21, 2014 12:17 AM
Dec 2014
I like haikyuu, and I also didn't watch it because of the populairity but because when I watched kuroko no basket I started to actually really like sport anime so then I watched it and liked it too and just give it a try, I mean, what else can you do, it's not like you can trust on opinions other than your own :P
TesanimeApr 1, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 30, 2015 9:32 PM

Nov 2014
its good

Jul 30, 2015 9:32 PM

Jun 2015
Not bad

:3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2018 1:41 PM
May 2017
Extreme3708 said:
Umnn not really. I believe it is extremely overrated. I started watching it recently when I saw it came out as the top 10 most sold manga of 2014 so I decided to give it a try along with Diamond no Ace. After 15 episodes in I really don't see how can this anime be rated so high, I just can't take an anime about volleyball seriously like many others specially when its guys playing it instead of females. So let me tell you the pros and cons about this anime

You say that you didn't see an actual match,but you didn't watch all of the first season. Even if you did anyone would have noticed that there was an actual match in the first episode, so that's a load of bull. Also the problem is not the adrenaline pump it's the fact that there is a built-up to certain matches which you did not watch. You don't see many strategies in the anime because you did not watch any "real matches" So it's not like you would know. And seriously? Over dramatic? I'm pretty sure every anime is just the same.
NoeneAug 24, 2018 4:09 PM
[]()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()[]
Pringles
Aug 22, 2018 6:19 PM
Sep 2017
I think you should give it a try, especially if you love sports anime. It has great characters, animation, soundtrack and overall it's enjoyable!
Aug 22, 2018 6:30 PM
Aug 2018
L3gEnDaRy said:

Just give a shot to the first episode and you'll know how great it is
Sep 5, 2018 10:09 AM
Nov 2015
haikyuu is the best anime we have ever seen
Sep 15, 2018 9:28 PM

May 2017
Extreme3708 said:

you don't get to say that there's no strategies in the anime when you've not watched a single match. It's on of the best sport anime out there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2019 5:57 PM
Feb 2016
L3gEnDaRy said:

Its not really that good. its decent but not THAT good
Dec 31, 2019 1:30 PM
Dec 2019
The animation and backgrounds are amazing, the character designs are incredible, and the characters are extremely likable, even the side characters.
Nov 24, 2020 6:16 AM
Nov 2020
In any case, you should definitely add the series to your list of series that you still want to watch.
Very similar to Kuroko no basket and Yowamushi pedal if you have watch any of these surely u will like it
Dec 9, 2020 2:18 PM
Aug 2020
yes it is.
it showcases the feeling of being an athlete perfectly. i don’t even play volleyball yet this show is perfect for me and my sport.
Dec 9, 2020 2:25 PM

Oct 2020
I can only speak on the first season but I think its very overrated I've heard the later seasons are better though. The animation isn't anything special to me the characters are bland and the matches are predictable. The first episode is really good though but after it felt like the same thing over and over with uninteresting opponents and players. It must be really good for some people though so you should give it a try I prefer Kuroko no Basket though.
Dec 16, 2020 1:37 PM
Feb 2016
good but not thaaaaat good

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

302 by Leggoo »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.