Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Facing with your true feelings huh Yui? Glad to see that she is still able to stay friends with Kaori. Also, I gotta give Kaori a little credit for confessing. She did it kinda naturally although the results weren't exactly eh...joyful.

Felt like a mini feels trip this episode with the kiss.

Dec 13, 2014 4:43 AM
Jun 2011
finally after many loops they saved kaori from the bus acident.shame yui had to disapear after she completed her mission
Dec 13, 2014 8:17 AM
Oct 2012
Ah, so whoever Sou liked on the 14th was the one who was destined to die, so when Yui for that moment overtook Kaori, it liberated Kaori from her fate, and she (and the rest) could move on with their lives. With the removal of the quantum effect (as symbolized by the box), and the collapsing of the parallel dimensions, their knowledge of Yui was removed as well, neutralizing any paradox.

Not bad, not quite as ambitious as I hoped, though I guess we still have next week for some details.
Dec 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Mar 2013
YuiXSou this episode and she disappear,
Kaori finally been saved.
last episode next week :)
Dec 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
Finally gonna finish next week.
Ugh
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 13, 2014 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode! (like always)
So Sou's answer prevented Kaori death.
Everyone forgot abou Yui?
She disappeared from photo too, I'm always curious how it works in real world, someone is good in quantum physics and time travel and can tell me more about solving this paradox?

Of course 5/5.
rsc-plDec 13, 2014 10:19 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 13, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2012
I don't think I can put into words properly how jarring and annoying the shift to him loving Yui has been to watch unfold. It is only through sheer willpower that I'll watch next week where(I'm guessing) she'll come back somehow and they'll end up together. Honestly I'd prefer she stay gone but...well only one more episode to go. I can make it...
Dec 13, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
so she finally saved kaori from the accident sadly she disappear after that

so next week is the last ep lets see hwo they end this
Dec 13, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
Why has Sou suddenly fallen in love with Yui? I don't get it...but I'm glad that Yui could save Kaori.

Dec 13, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
Still wonder how he caught feelings for Yui when they barely interacted.
Dec 13, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
he got feelings for yui because she has some parts from kaori , so that means he also loves kaori .
And also thats why yui loves him .
Don't you remember that some eps back he tried to shift kaori's mind to yui's body and failed ?
Dec 13, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
I usally like sometimes when characters don´t end up together with the first girl or the girl that you think. But this ichigo version I don´t like. Would rather have it end with the childhood friend.
Dec 13, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
10/10 this anime is underrated as hell
Dec 13, 2014 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
YES! SOU FINALLY DIE-
WAIT NO ****
Dec 13, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2013
Okay so due to the paradox effect Yui cease to exist. Apparently their memories of Yui doesn't seem to be totally gone. Perhaps they can recreate another Yui?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I saw this coming since the last episode, but it was still good.
Dec 13, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
Sou fell for Yui. Kaori is saved.

It was so sad to see Yui disappeared like that.
Dec 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2009
And the day was saved thanks to- Huh? What was I going to say again...?

Just one more episode to go. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Dec 13, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2010
So, Sou actually loves Yui, but since Koari didn;t die and Yui disappeared, then it would look like that Kaori never confess her feelings for Sou.
yeo
Dec 13, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2008
I think this would better if Sou let Kaori stay in coma,
than making such mess...

Really... nothing can save this anime right now...

Only good point in this series are OP and ED by Satomi Sato
Dec 13, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
I still don't buy that. Just because we saw them together on the other timelines... no point on continuing.
What now? Going to bring her back?....

And so what about the bus? I mean, the point of the bus getting the malfunction was to kill Kaori, since she wasn't there why did that happen? Why was Yui and sou the target this time?
You know... if we are following the "stein's gate" rules.

EDIT: Saw Takuo (sorry if I got the name wrong), answer, that makes sense. If it's true, the world is a bitch (and cockblocker) to Sou.
Dec 13, 2014 2:19 PM

May 2013
So to stop that endless loop, Sou had to basically reject Kaori's confession. The good thing though is that Kaori is okay now. Poor Yui though :(
Dec 13, 2014 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
I had a feeling that Sou was going to fall for Yui in this universe. Since Kaori was saved Yui had to disappear. I sort of like this show because it's making me think.

y123y said:
The worse thing that happened to this anime was the horrible schedule that they were given: Saturday.

Why? Because they had to compete against Fate, SAO II, Madan, One Piece. This anime should have aired from Monday-Friday. It would have gotten better views.

1 episode to go

I think a lot of people lost interest in this show around episode 3, but maybe you have a point.

Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? I only watch 1 show on Tuesdays (Yona of the Dawn) and none on Wednesdays.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Dec 13, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
She disappeared from photo too, I'm always curious how it works in real world, someone is good in quantum physics and time travel and can tell me more about solving this paradox?

Of course 5/5.

It is not quantum physics per say. I know they like to say that in the story, but at best it is the many-worlds interpretation. It is more of a controversial theory, which does not have a lot of favorable opinion (most studies say 50% of scientists believe it.).

In this they have the idea that at any point in time, there are varying paths which can be taken. So at this point there is a timeline in which Sou can take of each character he said he loved, which would cause the death of it. So in this idea each (and every) outcome has the potential to happen and we saw two instances.

If you like at it in the idea of just sci-fi time travel (which I prefer for this); and it does tie into the lines we saw. Is that they started a time loop, in which they could not fix since it is how time unfolded; akin to the time travel in Back to The Future 1 & 2.

So there was an original timeline where Kaori died, this spurred Sou to look into time travel to save the love of his life AKA episode 1 - 3. Once he got Yui to go back in time this makes a parallel timeline in which Yui is there, so making a split where we follow from here is timeline two aka episodes 4-9 (I think that is accurate).

I am sorry I have not watched episode 11 yet, (I kinda assumed that would happen and it looks like it is confirmed by the forums). Yui, has realized what is causing the time loop or paradox, which is her. At the same time it looks like she learned on how the person dies, in which it is who Sou confesses his love to. To correct this paradox, Sou confesses to Yui, she dies, which fixes the timeline to a certain degree. With time fixing itself to this they will forget Yui since she is an anomaly.

Also to note this starts a third timeline now in which Kaori is alive now and avoided any issues which lead to which I suspect right now a happy ending. I guess we shall see with episode 12.

Shaniyaz said:

That's a valid theory. Though, I wonder if they was any other way to save Kaori without having Yui cease to exist. I really liked her and she definitely deserves to be with Sou more than any other girls.

Very decent episode overall. I have a feeling Yui will be back though (I really hope so at least).

A interesting theory, but quantum theory does not fit it properly, since the two major theories of sting, and m-theory do not support the idea of time travel; also to note Stephen Hawking state there is no way to time travel right now. Although many-worlds interpretation which is tied a bit into quantum theory supports this.

Still as I said above there is no way for Yui to live since she was an anomaly in the timeline and cause the issues they saw. The only way to fix this was for her to leave (and the box too), then everyone would forget it as time corrects itself. If she stayed, this would cause other issues.
SnokleDec 13, 2014 3:43 PM
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Dec 13, 2014 7:16 PM

Aug 2013
Lol go figure the universe in which Kaori gets saved is the one where Sou is the biggest fuckface.

"Mysterious girl is cold and dejected from me as much as possible...well guess I better instantly fall in love with her without any real reason to."

Guess next week it'll skip forward to the future again and instead of the future being about saving Kaori it'll be about Sou somehow remembering Yui even though the paradox balanced itself out, then he'll try to recreate her.

God this anime is painful to get through. Though sill not as bad as Glasslip. How the fuck people are rating this show and giving it reviews of 8&9/10 is beyond me. This is 4-6 tier at BEST
Dec 13, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2009
This episode is really painful to watch. So what's the point in saving Kaori but loosing Sou's love for Kaori in the process? All this time Sou was in love with Kaori, now shifted to Yui?! oh please give me a break, i've been watching this series hoping in the end that the only way to save Kaori is for Sou to accept and reciprocate (in that moment of Kaori's confession) Kaori's feeling and they will have a happy ending...but no, Sou has to fall in love with another girl and yah basically he replied but through rejection...My God this is "shuffle anime" all over again for me...may be these type of authors think that childhood friends are overrated...

Grrr....I have a feeling, Sou will be with Yui in the...watching the next episode will be quite the challenge for me knowing it will only result in disappointment. But what the heck?! Forever will be rooting for Kaori!!
Dec 13, 2014 8:23 PM

Dec 2013
VN readers, how is the anime compared to the VN? Not that i'm slightly interested in this series (Lost interest around ep 3), just sheer curiosity.

This was a decent episode

4/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 13, 2014 9:30 PM
Jul 2014
yUuRi_03 said:
This episode is really painful to watch. So what's the point in saving Kaori but loosing Sou's love for Kaori in the process? All this time Sou was in love with Kaori, now shifted to Yui?! oh please give me a break, i've been watching this series hoping in the end that the only way to save Kaori is for Sou to accept and reciprocate (in that moment of Kaori's confession) Kaori's feeling and they will have a happy ending...but no, Sou has to fall in love with another girl and yah basically he replied but through rejection...My God this is "shuffle anime" all over again for me...may be these type of authors think that childhood friends are overrated...

Grrr....I have a feeling, Sou will be with Yui in the...watching the next episode will be quite the challenge for me knowing it will only result in disappointment. But what the heck?! Forever will be rooting for Kaori!!

There is a lot of unexplained stuff that the Visual Novel covers. Sou actually used to love Yui a lot, that was in one infinite loop. Why do you think when Yui came in at episode 2, they were asked to find that ghost? From the get go, because there was an infinite loop before the anime started.
Dec 13, 2014 9:32 PM
Jul 2014
PriestSlayer said:
VN readers, how is the anime compared to the VN? Not that i'm slightly interested in this series (Lost interest around ep 3), just sheer curiosity.

This was a decent episode

4/5

Some original content in some episodes. Like someone else said, episode 9 is full of original content. I honestly have no idea how they are gonna end it. Thought the clues from the latest episode point to the true end.
Dec 13, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2012
dey juz drop da bobm i liek
Dec 13, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
so all this loop because of Sou didn't response to Kaori's confesions?
damn it..
Dec 13, 2014 10:47 PM

May 2013
Kaori has been successfully saved without being in that accident and no one got hurt badly. Yui was able to confess her feelings. I'm not surprised that Sou fell for Yui. They pretty much had a date this episode. So I'm guessing all of them forgot the existence of Yui when she vanished. It's sad that that happened in the spur of the moment.
Dec 13, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
I feel bad for Yui but wanted Sou stay with Kaori, but I also realized that his indecision may have led to the loop and I start to get angry with him, it appears that several problems in history are caused by Sou

Well want to see how this story will end, I hope it is at least a good end ..
Dec 14, 2014 5:41 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm so Yui finally managed to change the future and it's still not how it was supposed to be. But without Kaori falling into coma Sou doesn't research the whole thing and everything has to stay like this.

Curious what happens in the final episode.
Dec 14, 2014 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
And here I thought Sou or Yui would end up getting hit by the bus instead, but it just ends up with Yui disappearing and everyone forgetting her. The resolution to the time loop was very unexpected, but now it's down to the last episode to resolve the Yui situation once and for all (since it's almost certain to go down this route based on the actions of the main cast at the end of the episode).
Dec 14, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2014
Best Ep. so far. Amazing. 5/5

Universe, stop screwing Sou's love life. Poor guy lol
Dec 14, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Just would like to express my support to whoever wanted Sou to get together with Kaori. It's so depressing how the special bonds between childhood friends get always tossed out of the window for the sake of some other character, in most anime series. Because of this kind of "selection" by most authors, even though I initially used to be impartial towards all kinds of romances, later I started liking childhood romances more than others, then started to be indifferent towards non-childhood kinds of romances, now I almost hate every romance that is not about childhood friends, especially if they end in such a way that a rejected childhood friend gets to suffer. I know such an approach is probably wrong, but is it really so hard for at least some authors to let childhood friends win and toss out of the window the "intruder" instead?
Dec 14, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Snokle said:
rsc-pl said:

Of course 5/5.

It is not quantum physics per say. I know they like to say that in the story, but at best it is the many-worlds interpretation. It is more of a controversial theory, which does not have a lot of favorable opinion (most studies say 50% of scientists believe it.).

In this they have the idea that at any point in time, there are varying paths which can be taken. So at this point there is a timeline in which Sou can take of each character he said he loved, which would cause the death of it. So in this idea each (and every) outcome has the potential to happen and we saw two instances.

If you like at it in the idea of just sci-fi time travel (which I prefer for this); and it does tie into the lines we saw. Is that they started a time loop, in which they could not fix since it is how time unfolded; akin to the time travel in Back to The Future 1 & 2.

So there was an original timeline where Kaori died, this spurred Sou to look into time travel to save the love of his life AKA episode 1 - 3. Once he got Yui to go back in time this makes a parallel timeline in which Yui is there, so making a split where we follow from here is timeline two aka episodes 4-9 (I think that is accurate).

I am sorry I have not watched episode 11 yet, (I kinda assumed that would happen and it looks like it is confirmed by the forums). Yui, has realized what is causing the time loop or paradox, which is her. At the same time it looks like she learned on how the person dies, in which it is who Sou confesses his love to. To correct this paradox, Sou confesses to Yui, she dies, which fixes the timeline to a certain degree. With time fixing itself to this they will forget Yui since she is an anomaly.

Also to note this starts a third timeline now in which Kaori is alive now and avoided any issues which lead to which I suspect right now a happy ending. I guess we shall see with episode 12.

Ok, thanks but I understand what is happening in anime very well (and I know that 'mistake' from last episode with Yui's clothes colour is actually not a mistake) , I just asked about disappearance from photo and how it should work in real world, or rather how physics could explain it.
rsc-plDec 14, 2014 8:47 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 14, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:

Ok, thanks but I understand what is happening in anime very well (and I know that 'mistake' from last episode with Yui's clothes colour is actually not a mistake) , I just asked about disappearance from photo and how it should work in real world, or rather how physics could explain it.

Not unless you go into the many-world interpretation, which does not correct itself like this, since it ties into the idea everything happened. Still most physicists do not believe time travel is possible, or we are stopped before we get they because of a stopgap (sic)

We are playing in three different timelines/dimensions. So why the picture of Yui dissipated is because she was never built in the future, so in the third timeline no one would have any proof of her existence, if it did it would lead to greater issues.

Since it has fallen into this now for a time paradox Multiple universes hypothesis.

Hopefully this helps you.

For example the disappearing picture from Back to the Future, when Marty alters the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Obt_Pe87is
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Dec 14, 2014 4:47 PM
Jun 2010
love this story
Dec 14, 2014 4:50 PM
Jun 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Ah, so whoever Sou liked on the 14th was the one who was destined to die, so when Yui for that moment overtook Kaori, it liberated Kaori from her fate, and she (and the rest) could move on with their lives. With the removal of the quantum effect (as symbolized by the box), and the collapsing of the parallel dimensions, their knowledge of Yui was removed as well, neutralizing any paradox.

Not bad, not quite as ambitious as I hoped, though I guess we still have next week for some details.

There is still that box, the timeline is still not resolved.
Dec 14, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2012
Sou reject Kaori confession and Sou conffess his feeling to Yui.

finally Kaori can be saved from the accident but Yui now is completely gone.

nice episode and waiting the final.

Dec 14, 2014 9:38 PM

Jul 2013
I think it's cute how this anime is trying to be deep and emotional when it's not

>mfw watching this show

[edit]: also sou is a cunt
Legal_LatinoDec 14, 2014 9:52 PM
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 15, 2014 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
Turns out the Bark Lurd was behind all of it :P

I actually think Yui will get Sou in the end but man I want next episode now.
Dec 15, 2014 9:38 PM

Dec 2012
Beautiful episode. Yui has accomplished her task. I don't know what will happen in the next episode, but I am looking forward !
Dec 16, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2010
So in the end Sou is meant to be alone?

Well it seems like the key to preventing the accident was the confession and the answer but now the question is what would have happen if any of the others girls confessed to him.
And what about Yui is this the last we se of her or are the meant to be together?
Dec 17, 2014 11:39 AM
Dec 2014
Interesting series. I just wish the 'plot twists' (sou falling for yui, Kaori keeps dying, yui being artificial, exc) had been kept to a minimal. It seems a bit excessive to have such twists given the simple story line. There honestly seems no point to having the last episode since it offers relatively nothing to the end result. Kaori gets saved and everybody carries on as if yui never existed.

I did enjoy the series though. I like these slice of life stories. I would have preferred a bit more character development through some side stories. Kind of like the episode devoted to Nagisa-senpai but better. But I guess the storyline was so simple that anything else would divert the main focus away from Kaori being saved and yui traveling back in time.

Quick note though. Nagisa-senpai asked sou if he was alone... I wonder if this implies that Nagisa-senpai still remembers yui and Kaori needing to be saved. She knew about the box and what was happening before anyone else. I wonder if for whatever reason she still remembers everything that happened in the other timelines. Considering the entire group was with Nagisa-senpai when they arrived at the crash scene and there was nobody else injured hanging around the crash scene, it doesn't make sense to ask such a question unless she is questioning if he remembers yui or not.
Dec 17, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
This anime makes my brain go wild, I love the moral dilemma in this. Probably one of the smartest moral issues in anime for a long time.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Dec 18, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2014
Netorare can save your future, that was this episode gonna said for.
Dec 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
haha this development...

NTR from the future

a normal person decision would involve ditching Kaori and getting together with Airi, but whatever.
bunny1ov3rDec 21, 2014 3:30 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by White_Alice »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.