Forum Settings
Forums

MAL-Fic: Blade Edge Academy (Current Chapter: Three)

New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 17, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
just make one more chapter and have everyone die in a deus ex machina
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 17, 2014 5:05 PM

Apr 2014
Emnay said:
just make one more chapter and have everyone die in a deus ex machina
This lol. Everyone is about to have an epic battle royale, but North Korea just comes in and nukes everyone. The end lmfao
Dec 17, 2014 5:47 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I came back to check on the story only to see that you had updated not just one but two chapters! O:
I wasn't expecting such fast installations I guess! I was just going to check back every month or so, ha hah.

But I also came back to the possibility of ending the story/letting it die, which is surprising to me since I felt it was coming along so well and was even a bit inspired to try to finish some of my own writing projects upon reading.

I wanted to say that I actually do quite enjoy these chapters. The health and fighting system is actually pretty cool-- I had been wondering what would happen to the academy if everyone was injured all the time and your system answered all those questions. It was unexpected for me, so I was excited to read on.

Your writing is fine, but we all recognize that putting your work out there is essential for improving. So if you ever feel like your writing isn't amazing, don't worry about it. We know how the process of getting better works. Every step is necessary.

That being said, it's your call whether you want to continue your story or not. Even if I happen to like the story, no one can force you to keep doing something you don't want to do. I'm sure everyone would understand and respect the decision if you really wanted to call it off.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 17, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
God-of-Harem said:

to a handful of people who honestly couldn't care less.

You have some strange views on thing...They cared to show up, sign up and wait for posts, they responded and were enthusiastic. It sounds to me like you have been listening to that negative voice in your head again.

I did say not to start something like this unless you were dedicated. You have a responsibility as a writer to deliver what you promised all the people that signed up. Thats why writing fiction like this is so demanding. It will be ok to drop this time because people understand how demanding it can be but remember-

In letting yourself agree and fall to the negative self opinion you are betraying yourself and your followers. When you post up a story you have bound yourself to that story, it represents you and your artistic integrity, how it evolves, what happens to it and how people view it affects everything and im speaking in general here not just about this story but anyone who starts up a forum story or a novel or anything like that.

Its no easy task beginning that journey, just make sure you are ready next time and when it comes to creative endeavors you are never good enough, the minute someone is happy with their work is the minute they stop improving.
SpooksDec 17, 2014 5:57 PM
Dec 17, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2014
What Spooks said is true. That being said, your writing skills is way better than mine atm, so don't be afraid of your negative feelings inside and just go for it.
Dec 17, 2014 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
God-of-Harem said:

to a handful of people who honestly couldn't care less.

You have some strange views on thing...They cared to show up, sign up and wait for posts, they responded and were enthusiastic. It sounds to me like you have been listening to that negative voice in your head again.

I did say not to start something like this unless you were dedicated. You have a responsibility as a writer to deliver what you promised all the people that signed up. Thats why writing fiction like this is so demanding. It will be ok to drop this time because people understand how demanding it can be but remember-

In letting yourself agree and fall to the negative self opinion you are betraying yourself and your followers. When you post up a story you have bound yourself to that story, it represents you and your artistic integrity, how it evolves, what happens to it and how people view it affects everything and im speaking in general here not just about this story but anyone who starts up a forum story or a novel or anything like that.

Its no easy task beginning that journey, just make sure you are ready next time and when it comes to creative endeavors you are never good enough, the minute someone is happy with their work is the minute they stop improving.
+1
Dec 17, 2014 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
Well, I suppose I could give it a few more chapters and see where it goes.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Dec 17, 2014 10:54 PM

Aug 2014
God-of-Harem said:
Well, I suppose I could give it a few more chapters and see where it goes.

It's worth the try, and if this works, maybe you can publish it someday, just be true to yourself in your writing.
Dec 18, 2014 7:23 AM

Nov 2014
Do as you please ! I like this MAL fic tho, and it would be too bad if you dropped it now x).
Dec 18, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2013
I'll begin work on Chapter Four once I've gotten some sleep. Last time I was asleep was almost 48 hours ago, so doing it now would be counter-productive.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Dec 18, 2014 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
God-of-Harem said:
I'll begin work on Chapter Four once I've gotten some sleep. Last time I was asleep was almost 48 hours ago, so doing it now would be counter-productive.

There is still hope for you.
Dec 22, 2014 5:06 AM

Nov 2013
This story is doing my head in. I've sort of dug a whole too deep to get out of.

I know so many paths where I can take this story, but I can't find the right one.

This is the sort of story that is hard to write without visuals of some kind.

Maybe I should start a new MAL-Fic?
Dec 22, 2014 11:02 AM

May 2014
God-of-Harem said:
This story is doing my head in. I've sort of dug a whole too deep to get out of.

I know so many paths where I can take this story, but I can't find the right one.

Don't give up Harem!! You just gotta use your imagination, remember this is your world. anything can happen
I've been here way too long...
Dec 22, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
God-of-Harem said:

Maybe you've just over complicated the story lol. I have the same problem where I would have an idea for a one-book novel, but I expand it in my mind into an 8-novel series lmfao.

As for visuals, you really don't need any if your writing skill is good enough. But since you're not writing us a book, any images would do. Google Image that shit lol.
Dec 22, 2014 3:25 PM

Dec 2014
I've been enjoying this, so I'd love to see it turn into a large story. Keep going Harem! (:
Dec 24, 2014 4:49 PM
Mar 2013
Any chance you're going to continuing with the story HaremMaster? Maybe if you kill 90% of the characters off you'd have an easier time writing. And besides, I'm sure you could figure out a way to slowly bring back the other 90% as the story goes on!
Dec 25, 2014 8:53 PM

Nov 2013
Rejoice, I've finally started to do Chapter Four. Expect it up in the next 24 hours.

emeraldrosary said:
Any chance you're going to continuing with the story HaremMaster? Maybe if you kill 90% of the characters off you'd have an easier time writing. And besides, I'm sure you could figure out a way to slowly bring back the other 90% as the story goes on!

Yes, I have decided to go with the mass killing route.
Dec 25, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2014
God-of-Harem said:
Rejoice, I've finally started to do Chapter Four. Expect it up in the next 24 hours.

emeraldrosary said:

For real Goh? Well, let's just see how it goes then…
Dec 26, 2014 1:17 AM
Mar 2013
EmiyaNanaya said:
For real Goh? Well, let's just see how it goes then…
It's definitely going to be interesting. I've never read a MALfic or any fanfic that's going to have such a blood bath.

Just like you I wonder how it will go. Hmm, here are my theories:

1.) Nuclear Launch Detected
2.) Viral Plague Spread
3.) Gigantic Laser aka Gundam Style
4.) All of the above

Ha, sometimes I get caught up in thinking of to many scenarios. As a fellow writer myself I can understand why it can be hard to write a story with so many possibilities Goh! I have a feeling you can do it though so keep it up!
Dec 26, 2014 5:34 AM
Jan 2013
God-of-Harem said:

May god have mercy on our souls

I'm still lurking this post, I'll look foward to see people dying now '3'
gone bai bai
Dec 28, 2014 1:03 AM

Nov 2013
I was totally writing it yesterday, but I fell asleep at my desk. I'll get it out soon.

For what it's worth, I'm making the chapters much longer now, to save time.
Dec 28, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2014
God-of-Harem said:
I was totally writing it yesterday, but I fell asleep at my desk. I'll get it out soon.

Keep writing or I'll kidnap you and force you with a Beretta.
I've been here way too long...
Dec 28, 2014 8:06 AM

Aug 2014
God-of-Harem said:

Happens all the time in my case. Take your time, it's worth the patience.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Tenka Osaki BANDAI Dress-Up Style Doll (The IDOLMASTER)

MasterTasuke - 9 hours ago

0 by MasterTasuke »»
9 hours ago

» How to make a fantasy map really?

wisnuyoga78 - 11 hours ago

0 by wisnuyoga78 »»
11 hours ago

» The Finger Goddess(my romance fantasy novel) feedback

Isyu - Feb 23

1 by AnimeDaoist7 »»
Yesterday, 6:58 PM

» Louder Than Words ~The Story of a Field Trip~, a long term project of mine, is now on Steam!

Surox - Nov 16, 2021

5 by Surox »»
Yesterday, 4:47 PM

» Made my own guess anime girl quiz. If you guys are bord go check it out :)))

Khoi369 - Yesterday

0 by Khoi369 »»
Yesterday, 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.