Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2009 2:10 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can safely say that I had a great smile and happiness watching this episode. Which can be found here: http://www.gogoanime.com/kimi-ni-todoke-episode-7 Sawako's family is interesting, the mother is happy for Sawako to have friends but the father always looks surprised and even more shocked at the mention of a guy in this episode but Sawako cooking was nice. Ryuu working at a Ramen restaurant was a surprise and even more his room is also in the same building. Hearing in the begining Harem+Ryuu when only Sawako/Yano/Yoshida were in his room got me into the lucky guy thinking. Sawako's phone calling of Kazehaya was cute (especially Kazehaya's little brother was cute too) when she hesitated but even more when they were trying to see who she likes and find out when she got red in the face with the mention of Kazehaya. Found out Ume was with Kazehaya/Yoshida/Ryuu in the same school. Also interesting was that Kazehaya used to play baseball. Absolutely loved the character faces and expressions of all Kazehaya/Ryuu/Pin/Sawako/Yano/Yoshida. Great scenes to share with you: Another great Sawako face to I loved a lot in this episode=> That was a nice expression of Ryuu, liked it
I have not laughed so much in this series until I seen this part with Pin when he barges into the room of Ryuu suddenly after finishing his ramen, starts to argue with Yoshida/teases Kazehaya/confronts Sawako, laughed so much my stomach hurts and still laughed even when I took a shot of this=>
Finally absolutely loved Ryuu x Yoshida development(I liked a lot the words Ryuu said to Yoshida)here:
Overall it will be a episode to watch for me many times. It is great and I will discuss the rest with other ones here but there is a lot of elements/art/expressions and happy feelings in this episode that I have not seen before in this series.
HawthorneKitty said:
^ tl;dr

I probably don't recall correctly, but the night sky in this episode tops all of Sora no Manimani's, but that's probably by biased view.

What does tl;dr means? Ok I get it but I was so excited by so many new things that I had this much thoughs...this episode was so much packed with different things, you got to admit that at least. Night sky part wsa great. Made me think more of like two milky ways joining together.
HawthorneKitty said:
loved how Yano and Chizu made Kazehaya jealous, stealing Sadako away, it was so cute, yet evil. <3

That was a great part, it was funny and expressions were great, especially that of Yano.
HawthorneKitty said:
On the other hand, I still hate the Yano x Pin going around... just no.
He just wanted to walk her...was that it? Or he has something of a feeling for her? Not likely but maybe.
francismeunierNov 24, 2009 10:48 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 17, 2009 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
^ tl;dr

I probably don't recall correctly, but the night sky in this episode tops all of Sora no Manimani's, but that's probably by biased view.

Heartwarming episode; loved how Yano and Chizu made Kazehaya jealous, stealing Sadako away, it was so cute, yet evil. <3

Was anyone else reminded of ParaKiss?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2009 3:10 PM
Oct 2008
Kimi ni Todoke is great! I think my favorite, even the anime is still airing XD
I loved the make-Kazehaya-jealous move of Yano too! Hope she´ll do it more often...

Every ep, I have a big BIG smile on my face XD
I totally agree what u guys said!! Exactly what Im thinking!

@HawthorneKitty; Me! Me! Now you mentioned it... It does remind me of ParaKiss! But I like KnT better :3
Nov 17, 2009 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverNov 17, 2009 4:54 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 17, 2009 9:34 PM

Nov 2009
Episodes getting better as each one goes by. I am interested to see how development on the later episodes
RiceyFighterNov 17, 2009 9:38 PM
Nov 17, 2009 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
Fucking hilarious episode, I loved everyone's chibbi faces in the room, specially Ryu's one. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Their development is being just great.

HawthorneKitty said:

Err not really, what the heck.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 17, 2009 11:37 PM
Oct 2007
I love this part of the manga and I love how it got animated. I expected the whole episode to be warm, fluffy, and happy and that's exactly what I got. I had a stupid smile on my face the entire episode with exceptional moments of laughter. Yano-chin is a mastermind at matchmaking and teasing. I love it. I think other than Sawako, Kazehaya and Ryuu had some good character development shown in this episode. The last scene with Kazehaya and Sawako walking together was perfect. The ED is so awesome. It's just so perfect and it will only get better and better. They can make 52 episodes out of this for all I care. <3

End of my bias ranting ... for now. =3
Nov 17, 2009 11:44 PM
May 2009
Cute, hilarious, and downright awesome.

Loved it :).

And I could REALLY do with some ramen right now...have to wait another month before I can actually visit a place with legit ramen >:^(.
Nov 17, 2009 11:54 PM

Apr 2008
Aww, that was such a happy episode, especially after all the drama.
The character interaction was wonderful to see, it was so natural and funny.
I'm really making an effort not to read the manga and see what happens next...

HawthorneKitty said:

hmm, mostly because of Sawako's character design and because they are both growing-up & get-out-of-your-shell-girl stories. but the feeling and focus is vastly different--as well as the innocence level.
Nov 18, 2009 1:23 AM

Dec 2007
This is definitely the most enjoyable episode of the series for me so far.

It was so relaxed; there wasn't any tension (apart from her dialing and talking to Kazehaya-kun on the phone) and it just kind of felt like a great release of all the tension that had been building up in the previous episodes.

So many laugh-out-loud moments. Great episode.
Nov 18, 2009 1:38 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
That was one of the best episodes yet!! I had a smile on my face the entire time! Ryuu is so cool <3

HawthorneKitty said:
^ tl;dr
lol yep.
HawthorneKitty said:
loved how Yano and Chizu made Kazehaya jealous, stealing Sadako away, it was so cute, yet evil. <3
YESS!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 18, 2009 1:53 AM

Oct 2009
Annisa said:
The last scene with Kazehaya and Sawako walking together was perfect.
That was really good too. The whole bike scene itself was well executed. I also think the moment was the best for Sawako...she said that she likes the night time so it must have been really good for her.

Nov 18, 2009 2:09 AM

Jul 2008
It's nice having this type of episode after all the drama. Also, has there been any confirmation about how many episodes this is going to be?
Nov 18, 2009 2:13 AM

Sep 2008
Fine, you guys win, George has expression. =[

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2009 2:16 AM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Fine, you guys win, George has expression. =[

Ryuu's expressions were great! This is one of the many I liked a lot too. *Laugh* it was really funny.

Nov 18, 2009 3:18 AM

Sep 2008
This is the funniest episode yet! I enjoyed it thoroughly and there were plenty of sweet moments too :)
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 18, 2009 3:38 AM

Aug 2009
This is just getting more interesting every episode. They always make me happy somehow and I can't wait for the next episode.

Really funny episode but sometimes I just can't help but to hide behind the computer because the dialog is so embarrassing. Does anyone else have this problem :s?
Nov 18, 2009 3:52 AM

Nov 2008
Aw, I love how the relationships between the characters are developing, especially Ryuu and Yoshida. It's so nice to see how Kazehaya reacts to everything Sawako does.. He truly likes her. You hardly see a guy that's so into a girl and acting so sweet and sincere.. And of course, the latter being completely oblivious to this. Weird to imagine them as a couple later on, at least I'm expecting them to start dating at some point. (Please don't spoil anything about this for me, I haven't read the manga that far, I don't want to read the scanlations, but the viz volumes!)
Nov 18, 2009 3:54 AM

Dec 2008
Ryuu's harem disappeared :O
Nov 18, 2009 4:12 AM

Jul 2009
Ahhh nice sweet happy episode <3 love it totally

Ryuu my man he is great, yeah especially his expression on his chibi's form can't help to laugh a lot, and Pin man he is a good punchline, Yano x Pin please XD

I just love how they teased Kazehaya.. "Gentleman" ROFL
Nov 18, 2009 4:33 AM

Oct 2009
LOL'd at "Ryuu's Harem" Poor Ryuu. =))

Loved the part where Chizu and Yano snatched Sawako away from Shouta's side. Demmet, Shouta's expression was for the win.

Is it just me or is Kazehaya's laugh is just so addicting?
Nov 18, 2009 4:44 AM
Jun 2008
i love it when Ayane and chizuru bully Sawako ^^

Everything is just too bright...ouch my eye
Nov 18, 2009 4:46 AM

Oct 2009
Such a cute and heartwarming episode!
Loved Sawakos parents at the beginning, reminded me of mine somewhat. ¬¬

The Ryuu and Yoshida interaction was excellent, even just the water jug thing made me laugh for ages, and the Sawako x Kazehaya was adorable, especially the phone call and the walk home :D
Nov 18, 2009 7:28 AM

Jul 2007
ha xD i loled alot on this episode :3 how cute is kazehayas little brother :P
Nov 18, 2009 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
Sawako was so cute again x3
And those two had fun teasing Kazehaya, lol. So evil xP
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 18, 2009 7:47 AM

Nov 2009
great episode as expected
Sawako's father is the best ! lol

I was a little sad before, but after watching this episode I feel happy and relaxed .. it made me smile the whole time .. character development is amazing here .. I feel like I can sense their feelings .. every single character was unique and special this time .

I loved the part when Kazehaya was riding his bicycle .. amazing coloring .. it felt like the rainbow stage from Mario kart games to me .
Nov 18, 2009 8:15 AM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
I just love how they teased Kazehaya.. "Gentleman" ROFL
Also Yano in Ryuu's with her face when she was getting all cuddly with Sawako while Yoshida was on the other side, it actually worked too, seeing Kazehaya's face it looked like it did. I wonder why did Kazehaya not get into baseball....this must be why Pin does not like him as much. Could it be?
Nia9001 said:

Loved the part where Chizu and Yano snatched Sawako away from Shouta's side. Demmet, Shouta's expression was for the win.

Shouta's expression was the best proof that it worked but Sawako's expression with who does she like and reponse to Kazehaya was the also a good proof of love, too bad she does not realize it yet...hoping she will.
Nia9001 said:
Is it just me or is Kazehaya's laugh is just so addicting?

I am more for his smile is addicting type.
hallioe said:
Such a cute and heartwarming episode!
Loved Sawakos parents at the beginning, reminded me of mine somewhat

Well mines are not like that but liked a lot that part too. The mother was so cute with her tongue out thing towards the father of not knowing Sawako's friend who might be a guy or girl thing. Also the father gets too nervous to easily. I would like if my family acted like that but I am not the only kid around the family so I would say no way it would happen.
hussien-11 said:

I was a little sad before, but after watching this episode I feel happy and relaxed .. it made me smile the whole time
Exactly same feelings and aftermath reaction. The thing is other animes, I laugh but this one laugh and have a relaxing soothing feeling in the heart/chest area like a warm fuzzy feeling that other animes even if funny fail at except Ef, that was something also.
francismeunierNov 18, 2009 8:34 AM

Nov 18, 2009 8:35 AM

Nov 2009
They used a new tune when Sawako called Kazehaya, It was awesome T_T

this week will .. be .. long ..
Nov 18, 2009 9:34 AM

Mar 2009
I liked this it was really sweet and funny.

Nov 18, 2009 10:13 AM
Feb 2009
my favorite part in this ep will be the ryuu X yoshida moment (ryuu was so cool XD)

despite i enjoyed this anime so much, somehow i still cannot give this anime a score of more than 8/10... probably becoz of the character drawing n those "all over the place" bubbles...
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 18, 2009 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
I wonder when Sawako will be Kazehayas girlfriend.. ^^
Nice ep. I like the scene, when Kazehaya starter to wonder what to buy out loud xd
Nov 18, 2009 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
dxstar13 said:
I wonder when Sawako will be Kazehayas girlfriend.. ^^
xd

I have every hope in Ryuu/Yano/Yoshida to help the Kazehaya x Sawako into a love relation...I fear Ume to interrupt it.

Nov 18, 2009 11:43 AM

Oct 2009
love love love it. Really nice episode. Really want kazehaya to hug sawako. She would probably explode.
Nov 18, 2009 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
So cute and so many KazehayaxSawako & RyuuxChizu moments! <3
And the night skies were so beautiful *______*

Nov 18, 2009 1:09 PM
Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
^ tl;dr

Heartwarming episode; loved how Yano and Chizu made Kazehaya jealous, stealing Sadako away, it was so cute, yet evil. <3

Hey HawthorneKitty, LOVE your avatar! XD

Anyway, this was probably my favorite Kimi ni Todoke episode so far. Also, VERY funny! XD
Nov 18, 2009 1:17 PM

Apr 2008
This show just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. -.-

I actually appreciated this episode to be honest because I was having a terrible day so far and somehow watching this made me feel better. :P

I was laughing when they teased Kazuhaya. Hahah. Poor dude.
Nov 18, 2009 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
OH MY GOSH, THIS SHOW. THIS SHOOOOOW. -melts into a huge pile of goo-

Okay, this episode pretty locked Ryuu in as my favorite character. He is seriously hilarious and perfect and I adore him so much. And his potential relationship with Chizu. Yes yes yes.

Yano x Pin needs to happen forever and forever and forever and always, because it is my crack and it just makes me smile.

Sawako and Kazehaya msadhgdj so sweet so sweet.

I don't know why I can't think of intelligible things to say about this show, but this episode just made me so happy that I can barely put it into words. It was especially nice after the crappy day I had at school.

I love how this is the one show where I'm just fully happy with what's in front of me right now, in terms of pairings. Even though fuckery is bound to happen for a while and mess everything up, I 100% endorse Sawako x Kazehaya, Ryuu x Chizu, and Pin x Yano... even if they aren't official~ or anything. That rarely ever happens to me when I watch a show. There's normally always one character for me to bitch about or a potential pairing that pisses me off.

tl;dr- I love this show, Ryuu is amazing, can't wait for the next one.
Nov 18, 2009 2:38 PM

May 2009
LMFAO@ "You should all go home, take a shit and go to bed!" XD
Pin you crazy motherf**ker XDDDDD
Nov 18, 2009 2:43 PM

Feb 2009
I can't get enough of this. @__@
Nov 18, 2009 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
Almost a week filled with fail anime makes this episode all the more sweeter. Nice pacing and very pleasant vibes. I'm gonna sleep good tonight!
Nov 18, 2009 2:56 PM

Feb 2009
Nice ending, and way to go Ryuu, he's boring but he still manages to be so funny and cute. Kazehaya too, and I dunno why but I thought of Prince of Tennis when I saw him in that baseball uniform, and that anime is about tennis. o.O

Weird. xD

Loved it, overall.

Nov 18, 2009 3:00 PM

Sep 2009
Mikiyo said:
HawthorneKitty said:

exactly how????...parakiss wasnt that of a good series...and none of the characters are alike ..
desolato said:
. It's so nice to see how Kazehaya reacts to everything Sawako does.. He truly likes her. You hardly see a guy that's so into a girl and acting so sweet and sincere.. And of course, the latter being completely oblivious to this.
isnt it the cutest thing ever?? *blush blush*..young love is just so beautiful..oh god now i feel 90 and divorced..kazehayas expression makes me smile the entire time..

Basically the entire series made me smile..and then my cheeks started hurting..
Ryuu's "Harem" was funny , i like ryuu , hes cute in a very different way..yoshida x ryuu..hmmm..glee-ness for eternity...
Sawakos ignorance of "loving kazehaya" reminds me of Tamaki...i want to see them atleast holding hands...i guess that would be just enough...they will be one of the most cutest couple..like "aww couple" totally...
Nov 18, 2009 3:00 PM

Jun 2009
LOL i was smiling and had butterflies in the stomach while watching this, SO CUTE
Nov 18, 2009 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
It's so nice to see how Kazehaya reacts to everything Sawako does.. He truly likes her. You hardly see a guy that's so into a girl and acting so sweet and sincere..

I totally agree about Kazehaya. Since I picked up this show, I've read a few negative responses to his character and I seriously cannot wrap my mind around the idea of hating him. He's just genuinely sweet, a slight goober, but charming and thoughtful. If a boy like Kazehaya exists irl, the world is a slightly better place.
Nov 18, 2009 3:33 PM

Oct 2009
nii-nii said:
desolato said:
It's so nice to see how Kazehaya reacts to everything Sawako does.. He truly likes her. You hardly see a guy that's so into a girl and acting so sweet and sincere..

I totally agree about Kazehaya. Since I picked up this show, I've read a few negative responses to his character and I seriously cannot wrap my mind around the idea of hating him. He's just genuinely sweet, a slight goober, but charming and thoughtful. If a boy like Kazehaya exists irl, the world is a slightly better place.

Agreed with this...I am just a bit jealous that I can't have such a nice girl like Sawako like he does, but I can always hope to find one. I would suggest to my sisters someone like Kazehaya.

Nov 18, 2009 4:56 PM

Oct 2009
Ryuu's harem . . . LOL. And Yano teasing Kazehaya was fun, but why did Pin have to ruin it, ugh . . . Definitely give props to Ryuu for his hinting ;D looking forward to next week. This ep had a magical feel, so sweet!
Nov 18, 2009 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
This anime makes me so happy. I can't get enough of it, as soon as I end watching an episode I already want to see the next one, it's so annoying having to wait a whole week to be able to.

I completely agree with what francismeunier said in the first post of the thread.

nii-nii said:
desolato said:

I am so much on your side about this. I didn't have any time to read other users' impressions about this show but I could never think of disliking a character such as Kazehaya. If I ever had the luck of meeting someone like him in real life I would be truly happy.
LoxarisNov 18, 2009 5:09 PM
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Nov 18, 2009 5:29 PM

Sep 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Mikiyo said:
HawthorneKitty said:

exactly how????...parakiss wasnt that of a good series...and none of the characters are alike ..
If you scrolled just a bit lower...
Nov 18, 2009 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
"Hm. What should I buy?"

Lol, loved this ep. Though the anime is a bit slow. I hope this isn't a 26-ep anime.

Nov 18, 2009 8:32 PM

Aug 2009
Oh this episode was so sweet! Aww jealous Kazehaya!

and also, I totally support Chizu x Ryuu now. lol

HawthorneKitty said:

I was actually. The chibi form of Ryuu reminded me of the chibi form of George.

But that's about it.

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.