Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 30, 2020 5:55 AM

Feb 2018
Rip Tsubaki heart break
May 7, 2020 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
Mayo-13 said:
1. Too much internal monologues and flashbacks, it's way overdramatic.

2. I'm glad that Kousei was able to overcome his trauma (at least a bit), but the fact that he did for another person again doesn't sit well with me at all. Like, he should learn to play for himself, not some girl he just met whom he suddenly fell in love with. And that "The only that matters to me is you", so the friends who supported him all these years just don't matter anymore? Well, the music is still beautiful but I really hope it gets better in the next episodes.

1. YES. I completely agree. This was easily my least favorite episode for that exact reason.

2. I didn't even consider that, but good point.

Side note: How on earth does Kousei have 3 girls that like him now? Tsubaki's jealousy is growing.
Jul 5, 2020 7:27 AM

May 2018
Even Kousei's mom is happy with his performance :D
Dec 4, 2020 3:48 AM

Jan 2017
And thus, Kousei changed his goal from "aiming to get 1st in competitions to make his mom happy" to "playing beautifully to make Kaori happy", really gotta commend him on overcoming his inner demons. The imagery during his performance is really beautiful too

Kousei definitely lost this competition now but who cares at this point, he lost the battle but not the war

And thus a new character appears, I'm assuming she's gonna take the "mentor-isque" role of helping Kousei on his new path?
Jan 5, 2021 3:39 PM
Jul 2013
Kurogashi said:
hm.. it was alright. it felt like it was just one stop short from being 10/10 material. it feels like something is missing. i dont like how arima just suddenly felt like it was all over, looks up towards the ceiling and then suddenly everything just 'clicks' and realize, oh... this new girl is pretty amazing; my life, my being will now be devoted towards her. i mean i can already see how this will pan out. she'll die or get hospitalized, he'll be emo/suicidal and then we're back to square one. sigh. why couldnt it be an internal realization to move on for his own sake, to play for his own sake, not because he realizes that he found a new person to dedicate his life to.

this anime so far might be in my top 5 favourites. hopefully it'll surprise me and not be predictable.

For me overall it felt a bit too dragged out. What you seem to forget is Kousei is still a teenager, and a teenager in love at that. And we're not all the same, apparently he's the type of person who is not exactly capable of doing or changing things by himself, he needed someone to give him a push and a new purpose. I can already see Kaori put in a hospital / passing away and Kousei shutting himself out again, but that would be a natural course of action for him. Not everyone is a hero and not every story has a happy end.
Also, I'm aware it's been six years since your comment. Peace
Mar 7, 2021 7:13 AM

Mar 2019
What a comeback from the first half. His mother also smiling at the end was sad and happy at the same time. But, there's one thing on my mind. Do you not care about Tsubaki at all? He kept saying how Kao is the only one that matters. Poor Tsubaki.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 17, 2021 1:49 AM

Apr 2017
As soon as I start getting into the performance, someone starts talking and gives me massive whiplash, is there really not gonna be at least one performance where everyone shuts up and lets the music do the talking, damn.
cunnysseur
Apr 1, 2021 2:11 AM

Feb 2019
Nah, he shouldn't have shown up to check the scores.

Also, the foreshadowing from Kaori is super predictable. Cmon, taking pills everyday and fainting all over the place? The ending is so obvious.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 18, 2021 12:47 PM

Feb 2020
Wow wow wow wowowowow that was an amazing performance ! With the violin added to it, it made for such a beautiful interpretation. I'm proud of Kousei being able to overcome his struggles like that, even when knowing he won't win. I just hope he'll manage to finally play piano for himsef rather than for someone else.
May 9, 2021 9:25 AM

Feb 2021
Oh well finally he's improving a bit! His mom's flashbacks were kinda creepy ngl lol. Hope to see him keep improving and go back to being a prodigy!

Jun 21, 2021 6:26 PM

Apr 2020
At the beginning it didn't go so well but at the end Kousei was amazing!
Dec 28, 2021 3:59 AM

Mar 2020
Seriously what is up with the amount of flashbacks in this anime?
Has the director ever heard of "show, dont tell"? Maybe dont offload your
5 minute exposition dump onto me during the most crucial moments of the episode.
I thought this anime was about music but I thought wrong. I can't hear any of the music because some dumbass uninteresting side character that will be gone in 2 episodes keeps talking over it. And it just keeps happening.
Jan 9, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2021
Could it be that this time Kousei got over his trauma for good? Because Kaori said he was finally back
asdasdsadad
Apr 6, 2022 7:07 PM

Feb 2014
No way in hell Emi could visualize the classroom, the smell of chalk dust, and even the fucking broken window just from his music. That's way too specific to be believable.

Tasel said:
As soon as I start getting into the performance, someone starts talking and gives me massive whiplash, is there really not gonna be at least one performance where everyone shuts up and lets the music do the talking, damn.

Yeah, I can tolerate these kind of ramblings in sports anime, but it's especially annoying in music anime. Really destroys all the mood. Then again, it won't be anime if they don't autistically explain everything to really make sure the audience got it lol.
Jun 29, 2022 6:30 AM
Jan 2020
No way I can take these for 14 year olds seriously, it's the ultimate cry bait. Why is this shit so popular again?
Jul 17, 2022 11:29 PM

Mar 2021
How could everyone tell he was going to stop playing before he actually did?

Kousei performing for Kaori would be more buyable if there was actually more substance to their relationship at this stage in the series, which there isn't.

Bro, you know your mom did not just smile at that performance.

Aug 24, 2022 11:07 AM
Feb 2022
Great soundtracks with beautiful ending, L mom unfortunately
Jan 22, 2023 2:44 AM
Jan 2023
I loved this episode
Feb 1, 2023 10:48 PM
Feb 2023
I'm at the beginning of episode 10 and frustrated with the milking of Kousei's handicap. Snap out of it already!!
Feb 9, 2023 1:42 PM

Nov 2018
This episode kept me on the edge! I didn't even know what to think until the end. In any case, I love the bond that subtly forms between Kousei and Kaori. It has depth and style.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Feb 19, 2023 1:44 AM
Aug 2022

It was an amazing episode. I really enjoyed it.
Mar 7, 2023 1:30 PM

Aug 2021
Nada que uma terapia pos traumatica não resolvesse... mas ep fofinho

Apr 28, 2023 6:04 AM
Apr 2023
Beautiful inspiration of feelings
Jun 1, 2023 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
I expected more and I was not moved as characters in anime... Emi was way better, Takeshi too, but Emi will win
wonder what that last girl has to do with him? She looks like from rock band
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 7, 2023 7:05 PM

Oct 2020
I know it's framed in a wholesome way but I find it a little concerning that Kousei went from playing the piano to make his sick mother happy to playing to make his sick friend happy... 
Aug 8, 2023 8:53 PM

Mar 2023
well... that sure was a huge tremendous pack of emotions for one episode
Aug 21, 2023 6:05 PM
Feb 2023
Seriously not a single bad or even mediocre episode of this show so far. Everything is so purposeful, no filler at all, its pacing is perfect, and holy good it's beautiful. This episode and the last brought me to tears - can't wait to watch more.
Oct 30, 2023 9:33 PM

Dec 2019
I can't tell exactly why, but this episode made me tear up. I guess it was a combination of the music and the feelings each character associated with it.

I don't recall crying to this episode when I first watched this all the way back in 2014 or 2015.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 17, 2023 1:44 AM

Nov 2023
Gaddamn, he almost drowned. Kousei please keep on going don't give up
Jan 28, 8:32 AM
Nov 2023
This episode had me on pins and needles. Started off good but wavered and stopped. Came back again and freed himself up. New Arima has just woken up, the journey would be fantastic.
Apr 8, 11:09 PM

Jul 2023
A very emotional episode where we are shown Arima's transformation.

It's a schizophrenic performance. At first, he was replicating his former self, then unraveling, then when he decided that he will only play for Kaori, he found his true purpose of playing.

He may not even place in the competition, but at least he will get over his trauma over his mother.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
9 hours ago

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.