Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 10:16 AM

May 2013
Well damn, Tatsumi died. Incursio evolving was cool I guess.
Dec 7, 2014 10:17 AM
Nov 2013
I don't know how I feel about this episode. Can't believe Tatsumi actually died..

At least we're getting Akame vs. Esdeath. Better be a good battle. Definitely the most disappointing adaption this year (for me).
Dec 7, 2014 10:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was really good, like I didn't think that it would have been on this level. I'm gonna go in depth this time too

1. Apart from Tatsumi (I'll get to him soon) I really loved what they did with Wave, the emperor and most of all Ran. The reason why I say this is because with the Emperor, we all knew that he was being used and he couldn't see it but once he entered the mech it became more than that. We saw his inner conflict with himself which makes sense because for a kid to be a ruler, a lot I'd expected of him and it's hard to follow 1000 years of greatness so the pressure from that got to him. But even then he still showed that he wasn't truly evil because he did realize that what he was doing was wrong and he even begged Tatsumi to stop fighting so that he couldn't hurt his people even more

In regards to Wave and Ran, they did exactly what I expected then to do in the manga, especially Ran because like I said, this is what the manga foreshadowed for his character before they messed up his character, so for me Anime Ran>>Manga Ran, the level of depth they gave him was great

2. The action was superb, all of the fights were awesome, Ran's abilities were showcased very well, Akame was badass, that Wave and Tatsumi teamup was great (I really want to see that happen in the manga) and the mech battle in general was actually decent.

3. Tatsumi.....I'd be lying if I said that everything that happened with him was bad. He stayed true to his ideals, he never backed down, his thoughts never wavered and that one scene where he remembered what Aniki said....That was amazing, everything from that point was amazing and I genuinely felt sad that he died but he went out swinging like a badass and WF in commend you for that

My only nitpick is that I wanted them to use the manga trams formation design but this one wasnt all that bad, I liked that he got wings tho.

This was the best original episode to date imo....Next episode is gonna suck, I don't want to see Esdese die lol
Dec 7, 2014 10:18 AM

Oct 2012
ahahahahahaha i laughed SO HARD
OMG CAN'T BELIEVE THEY KILLED TATSUMI...WAYYYY TOO FUNNY

at least now i really want to read the manga

Jan 2013
Akame ga Kill is best comedy anime. I love how Mazinkaiser is the final boss.

It's a shame that golden Batman went Kamikaze on him

Jul 2014
This is amazing, they take the shit manga at a whole new level. Nice adaptation.
Dec 7, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
this original episode did the show justice

i rather have an original ending than a cliff hanger season 1 with no plans of a season 2
Dec 7, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2010
Oh god, this is comedy gold now. I was laughing most of the time. Final Episode gunna be gud.
Dec 7, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2014
Gvfihfdctrd!!!!! Why did they kill Tatsumi!!!! Why!!!!!
RIP
At least akame is alive XD
Dec 7, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
So Tatsumi awakened his cosmo and became a Golden Saint, huh?
Dec 7, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
AntonKutovoi said:
So Tatsumi awakened his cosmo and became a Golden Saint, huh?

ahahahahhaah XD
[center]
Dec 7, 2014 10:25 AM
Sep 2014
kill the anime director anyone plus this feels like aldnoah zero season 1 ending
inaho=tatsumi
Dec 7, 2014 10:27 AM

May 2014
Awesome_G said:
Sparteh said:
Wtf with this show? Tatsumi died? Seriously wtf?

Coming from a guy with a Lelouche avatar

There are so many things I want to write that I don't even know where to start. I will put spoilers because some people who haven't seen it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2009
arrancaralien said:
kill the anime director anyone plus this feels like aldnoah zero season 1 ending
inaho=tatsumi

But Inaho is alive.

Jan 2011
Omg lol, best comedy
Dec 7, 2014 10:28 AM

Sep 2012
I honestly liked it. Definitely different from the manga but I still loved it.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 7, 2014 10:29 AM

Dec 2013
Sparteh said:
Awesome_G said:

Coming from a guy with a Lelouche avatar

There are so many things I want to write that I don't even know where to start. I will put spoilers because some people who haven't seen it

I never said that I didn't think this was stupid. I just thought it was ironic.

Jan 2014
RemixX said:
cri7ica1 said:
Can someone summarize real quickly what the differences between the manga and the anime are? Thanks.

*SPOILERS**

Bolick was killed differently
Cathedral fight was esdeath vs najenda, Susanno, tatsumi, and leone
Wave fought mine, lubbock, and akame
Mine is still alive, their relationship had more development in the manga
A group named wild hunt led by syura
And a shit ton of development

There's more but just read the manga....

wat? no it's about the same.

Oct 2013
well, at least the animation was for once p. good
Dec 7, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2013

Akame as a ghoul what a plot twist hehehe xD
Dec 7, 2014 10:33 AM
Jan 2014
Well, like the manga, I've enjoyed this series thus far on a shallow level.
Dec 7, 2014 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
This is bad, but I have to admit some parts were really cool and well animated.
Dec 7, 2014 10:34 AM

Oct 2012
I till really like the show. I guess since the ridiculousness is to be expected and it's enjoyable. Just don't take it seriously
Dec 7, 2014 10:36 AM

Feb 2014
Inevitabilis said:
Omg lol, best comedy

I don't know what's more comedic... the show or the reactions of the mangafans.

Hard to believe people were trying to sell this as some sort of epic grimdark stuff before it aired.
Dec 7, 2014 10:36 AM
Aug 2013
WTF............
Well it was a killing show

RIP Tatsumi U will be remembered.
Last episode coming next week
From this point on I rate this show 8.5/10
Dec 7, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2011

Apparently in this episode you can have conversations from this distance.
Dec 7, 2014 10:37 AM
Aug 2013
AbbieT3D2Y said:

Akame as a ghoul what a plot twist hehehe xD

Hahaha just found that out now. Quite funny
Dec 7, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
And we're down to our last MC haha!!Although I'm positive she'll die too Akame vs Esdeath. It's Esdeath for pits sake.
Dec 7, 2014 10:38 AM

May 2013
Well, maybe it will not be so bad after-.... aaaannnd it turned into Digimon.

I sure hope the guy who wrote in the last episode discussion that it would end with Tatsumi doing a Natsu-like nakama power punch to finish the fight picks up that phone... because he f***ing called it.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Dec 7, 2014 10:39 AM

Oct 2014
LOL Golden Batman Tatsumi.

Although surprisingly I absolutely loved this episode, so glad they killed Tatsumi leaving Akame to finish this series against Esdeath. I honestly have no complaints about this episode I hope the manga will be much better but I liked it anyway. Tatsumi got to have some flashbacks and it was a really fitting end to him. For the leader of Night Raid Najenda didn't do much. I was sorta hoping Wave would be the one to kill the emperor or Run to make up for losing there development.

Wave being beside Kuromes grave that whole time was great to :D
Dec 7, 2014 10:40 AM

Feb 2008
Here's what I don't get...if you're a manga purist who keeps saying "LOL THIS SHOW IS SO BAD, I'M GONNA DROP IT", then why keep watching it? In your mind, the show isn't worth watching, so what's the point in coming back to complain about it? Personally, yeah, the mecha thing was weird and a little TTGL like, but I think overall the show is very enjoyable. Manga purists are the worst.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 7, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2010
The ultimate teigu reminds me a little of Macross o.o

Tatsumi transforming and destroying the ultimate teigu, I found it sort of lame to actually die from stopping it from harming anymore people. He did die fighting if not anything else.
Dec 7, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
Machiavellism said:
Here's what I don't get...if you're a manga purist who keeps saying "LOL THIS SHOW IS SO BAD, I'M GONNA DROP IT", then why keep watching it? In your mind, the show isn't worth watching, so what's the point in coming back to complain about it? Personally, yeah, the mecha thing was weird and a little TTGL like, but I think overall the show is very enjoyable. Manga purists are the worst.

The same reason people don't look away from a car/train crash
Dec 7, 2014 10:41 AM

Jan 2012
Seriously?!!! He can't be really dead... really... this is quite... weird?
Dec 7, 2014 10:42 AM

Nov 2012
Darkdrone said:

Apparently in this episode you can have conversations from this distance.
real men talk with fist!
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 7, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
Tokoya said:
This episode was really good, like I didn't think that it would have been on this level. I'm gonna go in depth this time too

1. Apart from Tatsumi (I'll get to him soon) I really loved what they did with Wave, the emperor and most of all Ran. The reason why I say this is because with the Emperor, we all knew that he was being used and he couldn't see it but once he entered the mech it became more than that. We saw his inner conflict with himself which makes sense because for a kid to be a ruler, a lot I'd expected of him and it's hard to follow 1000 years of greatness so the pressure from that got to him. But even then he still showed that he wasn't truly evil because he did realize that what he was doing was wrong and he even begged Tatsumi to stop fighting so that he couldn't hurt his people even more

In regards to Wave and Ran, they did exactly what I expected then to do in the manga, especially Ran because like I said, this is what the manga foreshadowed for his character before they messed up his character, so for me Anime Ran>>Manga Ran, the level of depth they gave him was great

2. The action was superb, all of the fights were awesome, Ran's abilities were showcased very well, Akame was badass, that Wave and Tatsumi teamup was great (I really want to see that happen in the manga) and the mech battle in general was actually decent.

3. Tatsumi.....I'd be lying if I said that everything that happened with him was bad. He stayed true to his ideals, he never backed down, his thoughts never wavered and that one scene where he remembered what Aniki said....That was amazing, everything from that point was amazing and I genuinely felt sad that he died but he went out swinging like a badass and WF in commend you for that

My only nitpick is that I wanted them to use the manga trams formation design but this one wasnt all that bad, I liked that he got wings tho.

This was the best original episode to date imo....Next episode is gonna suck, I don't want to see Esdese die lol

Damn... I actually somewhat agree with this... after watching it fully...

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:
Z4k said:
Who died this time?

Tatsumi

xD

Nov 2014
What a bummer, Tatsumi dies and Leone gets to live I would've wanted them both to live so that the ending will at least be happy. I also was waiting for Esdeath <3 to prevent the mecha from falling to the townspeople with her ice powers at least something good happens. Akame with her grief and sorrow for [2]episodes now is giving me goosebumps everytime she cries and screams of anguish. Props to (Amamiya, Sora-sama) for giving justice to her profession. Very very good work!

Akame v Esdeath is going to happen, but I just can't take this they're both me fave female characters and one of them has to die (╯; _ ;)╯︵ ┻━┻ or both maybe?

They should make 1-2 OVA's out of this if they leave the anime with a slight cliffhanger. 5/5 always and the golden incrusio was alright, I dont want them spoiling the Manga with a 1 episode screening of the dragon incrusio and eventually dying thats what makes it 5/5. The dumb lord just kept blastng away at the town for no apparent reason.
Dec 7, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
-1 rating solely for how fucking retarded the emperor is, and how annoying the minister is.

Oh look, Esdeath finally shows up. This should go well.
Dec 7, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
Well as an Anime only viewer i think this not so bad. IDK how the manga reveals itself but i like tbe thing that you can't be sure sb will survive even if it's MC. And that's what i like the most with this anime. Well final episode next week Akame vs Esdeath OoOOoo
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Dec 7, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Machiavellism said:

The same reason people don't look away from a car/train crash

I see what you did there...
Dec 7, 2014 10:53 AM
Jul 2013
I feel sad that Tatsumi died!! I was even crying when he tried to protect the peoples and died!!! I have a feeling that everyone in Night Raid is going to die... Even Akame... 😣😥
Dec 7, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
hahahahahahhaah This was hilariously bad. good thing Wave didn't die........ yet(?)
Dec 7, 2014 10:57 AM
Apr 2012
Liked last week's episode preview better than this actual episode tbh

But hey, it's been a good popcorn anime. Looking forward to a fun duel to finish this off.
Dec 7, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2013
Nice episode. I have to say this anime has gotten at least 2x better since Mine's death. I seriously believe she is one of the worst characters to have ever been created in any manga or anime.

This episode reminded me a bit of Evangelion ending and Gurren Lagann.
And I previously said that Akame is the main character since the series is named after her. I definitely think she is going to survive (at least in the anime).

Tatsumi died, but oh well. Serves him right for going for Mine lol.

If only this anime didn't have those few really shitty episodes before it could have been overall very good...
Dec 7, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2011

1) Anime changes "divine wings" to "god's wings".

2) Leone was in the air helpless, facing a Teigu user that has supremacy in the air......yet Run doesn't kill her. Leone even says "crap" but yet she still managed to survive the supposed final battle.

Lol
Dec 7, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
Darkdrone said:

I think this guy became one of my favorite characters from this series after this episode.
Dec 7, 2014 11:02 AM
Mar 2014
man, this episode had lots of feelings especially when they showed Bulat talking to Tatsumi when he used Incursio and then the one where they showed Tatsumi remembering all the Night Raid members and saying he won't die then he fucking dies.

Stupid. This isn't right. I was sure he'll survive but then the MC dies, what? I was hoping that he'll live with the remainder of Night Raid considering we'll lost so many good members already. Just sad :'(

Also, I expect Esdeath to die next episode. She's all that remains that is resisting the rebellion and Akame is fired as hell after seeing Tatsumi die infront of her eyes :(
Dec 7, 2014 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
Tatsumi is the one who died this time. This never happen in the manga. I'm looking forward to see the original ending next week.

Akame reveals her trump card in the PV of next episode.
Dec 7, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2014
Darkdrone said:

1) Anime changes "divine wings" to "god's wings".

2) Leone was in the air helpless, facing a Teigu user that has supremacy in the air......yet Run doesn't kill her. Leone even says "crap" but yet she still managed to survive the supposed final battle.

Lol
did the anime really change it from divine to god? i mean that could be a translation issue tbh
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

428 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 1, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.