Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that was cute. Chika and Yuuma are bonding fast this episode.

No wonder Yuuma is feared for his Black Trigger. That explains it a bit. The neighbors are briefed again in this buildup episode. Oh well, the more we know.
Dec 6, 2014 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
So it's like the world that main guys live, Neighbor has various countries. In the end, he didn't have to kill neighbor guy in order to capture him. There are 3 of them who do know Kuga. Getting to know more about Kuga father. Early member or Border? 3 groups... They plan on their decision behind their back though. So that guy wants him to be part of Border.

lol @ the explanation part.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2014 4:05 PM

Mar 2013
Nice episode,
with More explanation :)
Dec 6, 2014 4:12 PM
Oct 2014
I enjoyed this episode way more than last week's
Although it adapted one chapter of the manga but it was done almost perfectly and the flow of information came out smoothly
The animation and the drawing was better which helped a lot
Overall a really decent episode, I can't wait to see those top 3 A rank squads in action
Dec 6, 2014 4:27 PM
May 2013
Kizla said:
I enjoyed this episode way more than last week's
Although it adapted one chapter of the manga but it was done almost perfectly and the flow of information came out smoothly
The animation and the drawing was better which helped a lot
Overall a really decent episode, I can't wait to see those top 3 A rank squads in action
it adapted 2 chapters actually
Dec 6, 2014 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
We get to know more about Kuga's father. Kuga's father was one of founders of the original Border.
Dec 6, 2014 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
Jin is still my favourite character, he is so awesome....
Dec 6, 2014 5:13 PM
Jul 2014
That was a nice bit of legal dodging to avoid the kill order. Still looks like there's going to be some trouble from Kido's branch though.
Dec 6, 2014 5:26 PM

Feb 2014
So technically a Neighbor helped found Border, but some will still hate all Neighbors.
Dec 6, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2013
Nice to know about Kuga's father. Also nice to know that there are basically 3 groups in Border. Jin is now basically recruiting Yuma to join Border.
Dec 6, 2014 6:21 PM

Sep 2013
Konami <3 is upon us XD

Jin san's power is so damn op and convenient :)
The scenes and music they use to increase the tension is just...XD lmfao
Dec 6, 2014 7:41 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I'm liking where this is going now. I was wondering about the hints last ep but I didn't think there would be a faction problems at Border being this bad. I can't wait to see the top members of Border. Will they even stand a chance against Yuuma?

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 6, 2014 9:03 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I feel bad for Chika as she thinks she's responsible for the abduction of her best friends big brother. Poor girl..

Loved how Rindo altered the original order for Jin. Tamakoma squad seems to be the best out of three.

So, Kuga's dad was one of the founding members of Borders? Interesting. Why does Kido still insist on stealing the Black Trigger from Kuga though? >.<

Decent episode. As much as I hope for Kuga to join the Borders, he probably won't and that's completely fine. He should stay the way he is now.

Dec 6, 2014 10:35 PM

Apr 2013
Shaniyaz said:
Why does Kido still insist on stealing the Black Trigger from Kuga though? >.<

Tamakoma Branch have one. Kido faction have one. If Tamakoma got Kuga, then the balance of power...

Damn,. Karasawa really looks suspicious in the anime version. Future big bad(this is not a spoiler btw, just my hunch). =3=

Best part of this episode! xD

Dec 6, 2014 11:54 PM
May 2012
Nice episode!

But I don't get it, if Kido is scared that the balance of power would fall to the Tamakoma branch, why did he order Jin, who's from the Tamakoma branch, to capture the Black Trigger? It wouldn't make much sense...
Dec 7, 2014 5:59 AM

Oct 2014
tsubasalover said:
So it's like the world that main guys live, Neighbor has various countries. In the end, he didn't have to kill neighbor guy in order to capture him. There are 3 of them who do know Kuga. Getting to know more about Kuga father. Early member or Border? 3 groups... They plan on their decision behind their back though. So that guy wants him to be part of Border.

lol @ the explanation part.

Well, this explains why Jin was so invested to get Osamu that promotion. He probably forsaw all this and made this plan to have Yuuma join his neighbor-friendly group, gaining a new BT.

And yeah, the explanation part where Jin got despressed over girls/women not liking him was fun. XD

Mirality said:
That was a nice bit of legal dodging to avoid the kill order. Still looks like there's going to be some trouble from Kido's branch though.

Yep, no way Kido can let that slide. Rindou seems to have been a thorn in Kido's side for a long time, him getting a 2nd BT would be too much.

Sageof6Paths said:
So technically a Neighbor helped found Border, but some will still hate all Neighbors.

Actually "Yugo Kuga" seems to be a very japanese name and I kind of doubt that Neighbors have japanese names given they come from a different dimension. So it looks like Yugo was a human but married a neighbor woman? After all Border went public 4 and half a year ago. Yugo died when Yuuma was 11 and now he is 15, so that was 4 years ago.
Depending on how communication was and where Yugo and his son were, he might have had no idea that Border went public and thought they were still doing this undercover outside of the public's eye. After all he thought of Border as a "bridge" whereas Border was "founded" 4 and a half year ago as a "defense organization" to protect Mikado city/earth.

ichii_1 said:
Konami <3 is upon us XD

Not next episode, but surely in episode 11 we gonna see Konami! Can't wait to hear her voice! :D

animenoobster said:
Nice episode!

But I don't get it, if Kido is scared that the balance of power would fall to the Tamakoma branch, why did he order Jin, who's from the Tamakoma branch, to capture the Black Trigger? It wouldn't make much sense...

Remember last episode where they talked about Black Triggers and "compatibility"? :)
That's where the Tamakoma branch has its biggest problem, for compatibility you need lots of people and some luck to find somebody compatible with the BT. If you have very few people you need tons of luck that one of them is compatible.
Which is Tamakoma's biggest weakness, their size. Kido's faction is HUGE, Tamakoma's faction is small. A new BT has a bigger chance to find a compatible agent in Kido's faction than in Tamakoma's.

It is why the order to kill was a win-win situation for Kido.
If Jin followed it and killed Yuuma to obtain the BT, he could either follow the order nad deliever it to his chief commander who would have kept it for his faction or he could have given it to his branch chief who would have had problems finding a fitting agent for it to carry. And if Jin had done the latter, Kido could have ordered the end of the Tamakoma branch and that would have taken out Tamakoma for sure if the whole might of Border had hit them.
So yeah, win-win for Kido.

Which is why the "do it your way" added order of Rindou is a lose-lose for Kido given Jin's stated positon of wanting Yuuma to join Border. No way a neighbor will join the neighbor hating Kido faction, right? XD
The only branch Yuuma could or would want to join is Tamakoma's the neighbor firendly faction. Which would mean Tamakoma has 2 BTs while HQ has only one (we will hear about that one later) which is bad as then the HQ faction would no longer hold the most firepower in their hands - meaning they are less powerful in Border's politics.
And even if Yuuma does not join Tamakoma, he would still be in Mikado city, a neighbor with a BT strong enough to deal with A-agents. Also a lose from Kido's point of view.

Hope that explanation makes sense. :D
TyrelDec 14, 2014 9:39 PM
Dec 7, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
Okay Dat reaction to hearing Kuga was pretty awesome :3 Excited to know more about his dad now ^^

The way Jin made his orders way less serious was nice ^^

ChikaxYuuma interactions are kawaii :3

So it's finally time for Yuuma to join.
Dec 7, 2014 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
just realized the Border leaders are always "smoking" unlit cigarettes...

seems like this will be a 2-cour I suppose. hopefully at least; this is one Im enjoying
Dec 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2010
Wtf, Borders are divided into 3 factions, like the extremist, the pros, and the moderates?
yeo
Dec 7, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode. I'm so excited for what's to come!! I won't spoil anything I promise. I'm just enjoying this ride. Even though I wish the animation were better :( but they adapt it pretty well, it doesn't deviate from the manga very much. It's going to get really good! :D

Dec 8, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2014
this was a pretty good episode! Felt a little short though, but the bonding was nice.
Oh man i thought for SURE they harvested the hearts of the people they captured... but instead they force them to fight in a war?! thats pretty fucked up too.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 8, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2013
I thought it was weird that Osamu didn't know which branch he signed up for. Or maybe there is only branch that takes care of new trainees and then they transfer to the branch of their choice. Anyway, I enjoyed this episode
Dec 8, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
That was interesting.
I wonder who is lying.
Dec 8, 2014 8:15 AM

Apr 2010
What's to come is good, what I worry about is hoe Toei will adapt it. I'm afraid they'll most likely do some crappy filler ending.

One of the better adapted episodes so far, we'll see how they handle some of the better fight scenes soon enough.

Can't wait to see Chika during group training in one of the coming episodes, that bit was hilarious. :D
Dec 8, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2013
6 minutes in and the OP starts playing. Now, they should move it a little more.

Yuuma knows he will lose to Jin, but Jin will not fight Yuuma.
If it were true, Yuuma's father would really be an amazing person.

So Kido will send four A-Rank squads to take the Black Trigger.
But we're talking about Jin and Yuuma here. Jin is S-Rank while Yuuma is around his level too.
And they both own Black Triggers. I think the A-Rank agents are screwed.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 8, 2014 11:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Corontam said:
I thought it was weird that Osamu didn't know which branch he signed up for. Or maybe there is only branch that takes care of new trainees and then they transfer to the branch of their choice.

Not sure about the new trainees part, but maybe Osamu just joined the branch that was the biggest? Lol. Idk. I feel like Osamu wouldn't pay much attention to these things by himself since he mainly signed up because he wanted to help people (and I guess Jin was an influence too).

Kido faction is kind of annoying...Karasawa seemed interesting though since he was the first to ask about Yuuma's motivation for coming to Japan, so they may possibly avoid conflict. But then later on when Kido asks Karasawa what he thinks they should do, he seemed to have the best idea how things should go down for them to take the black trigger. Shinoda and Rindou faction all the waaay~
Dec 9, 2014 3:24 AM

Oct 2013
just join border ez.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 9, 2014 8:35 PM

Feb 2010
The only part I'm happy about was that the OP played at around six minutes instead of more than half of the episode, because that irks me really badly whenever that happens.

The part where Yuma chewed on the hamburger had no lip-syncing, which bothered me to no end. -_-
Dec 11, 2014 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Even though nothing major happened in this episode I'm glad they're taking the time to explain thing thoroughly. I can't wait to see the 3 top teams!
Dec 13, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2009
The adults looked like idiots when they realized it was a better idea to wait for their top teams... I mean, how could they take so long to figure that out??
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Dec 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2010
I hope we will see commander rindo more cause hes awesome....

and he looks like Maes Hughes
Dec 29, 2014 8:21 AM

May 2013
nice
Mar 4, 2015 8:11 PM
May 2014
Border seems like most world governments... lol
Jan 26, 2016 2:15 AM

Dec 2012
Chika x Yuma?

As someone who watches Yugioh. This episode was really something regarding names.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 9, 2016 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
Jin sure is different.
Aug 22, 2017 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
It all comes back to politics. *sigh*

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 23, 2020 5:59 PM
Oct 2019
Factions, of course.

Didn't they start discussing stealing the rainbow trigger and preventing it from getting into Tamakoma's have while the Tamakoma leader was still in the room?
Oct 17, 2020 6:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Kuga's father is one of the founder of the border... wow
Jun 13, 2022 3:41 PM

Mar 2019
Things got way more interesting at last, the introduction of the factions and how the neighbors world is also divided into countries and also Kuga's father. This was amazing, so many things can happen now!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2015

50 by HiraNyanNyaw »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:00 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

29 by ArcCryptid »»
Oct 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

62 by spitinyourmouth »»
Sep 28, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

56 by kx2x »»
Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

48 by kx2x »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.