Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2014 9:52 AM
Dec 2014
Doesn't matter what console you got it for unless you wanna play together.

DAI was my 1st PS4 game, After finishing I and II I couldn't wait for the 3rd installment.
I'm just all out impressed, what do you want differently? Do you like it? Any bugs?

I made a human rift mage, I'm liking the other classes you get now - things are gonna get really fun. Favorite class? :p
Dec 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
I have it on PS3. Played I and II as well, didn't hate II as much as others did.
I always make the first play-through a rouge, I like to support my party from the back using longbows and arrows.
I had plenty of bugs when it came to conversations.
Dec 5, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
Already at least 5 threads on this shit game.

Is it so hard to use forum search?

Either way won't buy it.

Anyone considering -just get Dragon Age Origins and not this hack and slash hamfisted single player mmo.
Dec 5, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
I enjoyed the gameplay, but was disappointed with the some of the characters and storyline. Hawke was probably my favorite out of the three leads. I understand that the Warden & Inquisitor are supposed to be blank slates that you fill up yourself, but I made a bigger connection with Hawke. The story itself just felt somewhat empty and lacking. I think it was the lack of connection with my character that probably influenced it that way. Also felt a good number of the characters were bland. You feel something's off with a game's story when the only characters you care about were those that showed up in previous games.

Of course it's still a very fun game with interesting additions compared to DAO/DAII and wonderful gameplay, but I just wish the story had a bit more work done on it. It felt as though most of their resources fell into the game world and gameplay so the story ended up suffering somewhat. I just hope their story ends up being more engaging in DAIV. This one just didn't have the oomph of the last two stories.

I did two playthroughs. My first one was Elf Archer & my second one was Human Mage/Knight-Enchanter. Both were fun but I think I prefered the archer even though she started out very weak.

Though I said some of the characters were bland, their romances ended up being somewhat exciting. If you're romancing Josephine, it's not the usual talk > give gift > kiss > ask to date > bang.
And Sera starts making some sense when you romance her even though I wasn't a big fan of her character either way.

What annoyed me the most is the usual Dragon Age issues. Bugs where a quest doesn't initiate. Glitched trophies that won't pop up for whatever reason. My biggest annoyance was when I did this certain MAIN quest and part way through you get to a point where the dialogue freezes up. You wait for roughly 30 seconds to have it continue but you've missed 2 lines of content. And you might think 2 lines isn't a big deal but it completely ruins the immersion and conversation. I thought it was a one time thing but the same thing happened on my 2nd playthrough which left me really disappointed.

I found the OST a bit odd at times. I'd be in the Emerald Graves and the Val Royeaux theme song would start playing. Aside from that though, the OST itself is pretty great even if you hear the main theme a bit too often. The Tavern songs are fantastic as well.

So all in all, I think the story and characters needed a bit more work done on them and they needed to spend a bit more time on testing. But even with that, it's still a solid game overall.

P.S: Wicked Eyes & Wicked Hearts was probably my favorite main story mission. It was different than the usual and very entertaining if you bring the right party members.
Dec 19, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2007
Since game finaly got cracked, I can finaly give my opinion without giving my money to EAware.

I am somewhat 20 hours in or so so far and

Majority of Inquisition companions are just fucking unbearable.

At this point I will just default to Varric, Dorian and either Blackwall or Casandra.

But seriously
- Every line that comes out of Sera's mouth makes me want to hang either her or myself. Here I thought Anders, Morrigan and Jack were the most awful characters EAware could write, but nope. Tried to tolerate her, but I am already completely fed up with her by the time of first companion quest of hers. Had to reload a save after she interrupted my questions to the guy she wanted to kill. At this point unless there's something MAJESTIC happens to her character(I doubt that since Bioware's at fanfic level of writing quality) I am just keeping her for cannon fodder in case of ME2 style suicide mission. Its like having the worst parts of tumblr right in your party. Most juvenile character Bioware has ever written.
- Iron Bull is…dull. I never liked the whole religion aspect of Dragon Age(and Inquisition seems to intent into forcing me to believe the mythology is real *puke*) and him and his group of people felt like being made specifically so people and critics would not question game’s acceptance of non-cis(if you want to represent minorities, DO NOT drop anvils and make them characters first and foremost instead of trying to make a commentary out of them). And he’s way too over-the-top.
- Solas is just…ughh…at this point I expect him to go all Anders on me one day and betray me. Fade that, fade there, fade them, blahblah, shut up
- Viviene is meh. Its like someone took Morrigan and fused her with Wynne, so we can have character who acts all high and mighty AND will disagree with any and every decision you make unless it pisses off everyone else.
- The weird spirit dude is just pointless and weird.

On bright side Cassandra, even if typical tsundere, is not as corny as she was in the travesty that was DA2, Varric is also less over-the-top and more bearable, Dorian(barring his in-your-face personal quest that felt more like a heavy-handed anvilicious commentary you’d expect from Glee, than a true character storyline) is hilarious and Blackwall, albeit typical, is the closest to true Dragon Age character so far.

Out of advisers, Josephine is brilliant and best character in the game(thank you for existing, otherwise there would be no viable choices for fem-Inquisitor romance), Leliana is decently close to her DA:O self(minus being a religious nutjob, which she should have gotten over with during her character arc in DA:O) and I just try to ignore Cullen's bland boring ass character as much as I can.

Other than that, the only real problems I have with the game is hilariously shitty padding(collect ten bear asses, collect 200 shard pieces, collect fucking wine, gather power, do facebook-y timer-quests), as well as religious propaganda - everyone in this game seems to try to convince my character that god exists and unlike in DA:O, where both the scientific explanation and religious made some sense, calling their bullshit makes you look like hypocrite(seriously DA:O made it very nice that the whole “those god things are either aliens or some parallel reality things” feasible, while Inquisition so far is all “NU UH, YOU HERETIC, its all FATE of JESUS”).

And combat is as awful and power-ranger-y as expected.
Dec 19, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
It's an ok game but it just doesn't live up to the standard set by Origins.
The characters aren't even "there" if you know what I mean.

Almost every fan knows it except the bribed media outlets, it seems.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Dec 19, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2008
Really want to play it. But can't because my PS3 broke and I can't really justify a PS4.
Dec 19, 2014 2:51 PM
Sep 2014
It's OK, but I still feel DA2 and Origins were better.

It runs very poorly on my computer. I must play it on low settings if I want good frame rate.

After about 8 hours in character creation trying to make a character that doesn't look bad, I played 5 hours as a warrior, and re-did all of that as a mage because mages are better I guess.

The combat isn't as good as DA2. It's a lot slower. I do like the weight behind warrior sword attacks. They feel powerful whenever I hit something... that is, if I can hit something. Most things are 1 cm out of range of my hits most of the time. I guess mages are the same as DA2, but with a lot less spells and diversity... and no healing or utility spells.

Combat is a bit weird, really. DA2 had near perfect combat, I don't know why they didn't just expand on that. I guess that's what happen when you switch to a piece of junk engine.

Armor looks bad also, from what I've seen so far, although I have not been able to see much because it seems that the entire game just has you wearing one armor model that switches colors as you get better gear. I really like the shiny parts on gear though, it's cool.

Overall, unfortunately, it's a downgrade from DA2. And that's saying a lot...

Saying that, it's still a pretty decent game that I will enjoy playing.
Dec 19, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
Rokumi said:
It's OK, but I still feel DA2 and Origins were better.

It runs very poorly on my computer. I must play it on low settings if I want good frame rate.

After about 8 hours in character creation trying to make a character that doesn't look bad, I played 5 hours as a warrior, and re-did all of that as a mage because mages are better I guess.

The combat isn't as good as DA2. It's a lot slower. I do like the weight behind warrior sword attacks. They feel powerful whenever I hit something... that is, if I can hit something. Most things are 1 cm out of range of my hits most of the time. I guess mages are the same as DA2, but with a lot less spells and diversity... and no healing or utility spells.

Combat is a bit weird, really. DA2 had near perfect combat, I don't know why they didn't just expand on that. I guess that's what happen when you switch to a piece of junk engine.

Armor looks bad also, from what I've seen so far, although I have not been able to see much because it seems that the entire game just has you wearing one armor model that switches colors as you get better gear. I really like the shiny parts on gear though, it's cool.

Overall, unfortunately, it's a downgrade from DA2. And that's saying a lot...

Saying that, it's still a pretty decent game that I will enjoy playing.

Origins was definitely better but DA2? That game was a mess, at least Inquisition doesn't reuse the same environments over and over, and has a somewhat decent story. Honestly your probably not enjoying it much because of your PC. I get high/medium settings on mine and some graphical issues still bug me to hell. Also the controls on PC are pretty bad compared to consoles, it feels like a bad port somehow. The combat can be considered better just because it is better to plan for attacks instead of dealing with constantly spawning enemies. I will never understand why they took out spirit healing, probably to make it more casual or some bullshit. I agree with you the armor variety is practically non-existent and trying to craft matching gear can be a pain in the ass.
Dec 19, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
Inquisition is basically more polished version of DA2 - less bugs, more environments, exact same problems

Combat is too fast and frantic mash shit bullshit.
Most of characters are just thrown at you without context(Solas introduction was most random when he just appears out of nowhere at the start of the game and the three advisors are even more hilarious - at leas you see leliana at the start - the other two jut arrive out of nowhere)
Some characters are decent the rest - overly edgy juvenile bullshit........

I guess my main problem is that it barely resembles anything out of Origins, be it in art style, gameplay or music(who the fuck decided to change composer to this cinematic movie wannabe?)
Dec 19, 2014 8:48 PM
May 2011
i'll get the game tomorrow. i enjoyed the first two, hopefully i enjoy this one as well
Dec 19, 2014 8:55 PM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
Since game finaly got cracked, I can finaly give my opinion without giving my money to EAware.

I am somewhat 20 hours in or so so far and

Majority of Inquisition companions are just fucking unbearable.

At this point I will just default to Varric, Dorian and either Blackwall or Casandra.

But seriously
- Every line that comes out of Sera's mouth makes me want to hang either her or myself. Here I thought Anders, Morrigan and Jack were the most awful characters EAware could write, but nope. Tried to tolerate her, but I am already completely fed up with her by the time of first companion quest of hers. Had to reload a save after she interrupted my questions to the guy she wanted to kill. At this point unless there's something MAJESTIC happens to her character(I doubt that since Bioware's at fanfic level of writing quality) I am just keeping her for cannon fodder in case of ME2 style suicide mission. Its like having the worst parts of tumblr right in your party. Most juvenile character Bioware has ever written.
- Iron Bull is…dull. I never liked the whole religion aspect of Dragon Age(and Inquisition seems to intent into forcing me to believe the mythology is real *puke*) and him and his group of people felt like being made specifically so people and critics would not question game’s acceptance of non-cis(if you want to represent minorities, DO NOT drop anvils and make them characters first and foremost instead of trying to make a commentary out of them). And he’s way too over-the-top.
- Solas is just…ughh…at this point I expect him to go all Anders on me one day and betray me. Fade that, fade there, fade them, blahblah, shut up
- Viviene is meh. Its like someone took Morrigan and fused her with Wynne, so we can have character who acts all high and mighty AND will disagree with any and every decision you make unless it pisses off everyone else.
- The weird spirit dude is just pointless and weird.

On bright side Cassandra, even if typical tsundere, is not as corny as she was in the travesty that was DA2, Varric is also less over-the-top and more bearable, Dorian(barring his in-your-face personal quest that felt more like a heavy-handed anvilicious commentary you’d expect from Glee, than a true character storyline) is hilarious and Blackwall, albeit typical, is the closest to true Dragon Age character so far.

Out of advisers, Josephine is brilliant and best character in the game(thank you for existing, otherwise there would be no viable choices for fem-Inquisitor romance), Leliana is decently close to her DA:O self(minus being a religious nutjob, which she should have gotten over with during her character arc in DA:O) and I just try to ignore Cullen's bland boring ass character as much as I can.

Other than that, the only real problems I have with the game is hilariously shitty padding(collect ten bear asses, collect 200 shard pieces, collect fucking wine, gather power, do facebook-y timer-quests), as well as religious propaganda - everyone in this game seems to try to convince my character that god exists and unlike in DA:O, where both the scientific explanation and religious made some sense, calling their bullshit makes you look like hypocrite(seriously DA:O made it very nice that the whole “those god things are either aliens or some parallel reality things” feasible, while Inquisition so far is all “NU UH, YOU HERETIC, its all FATE of JESUS”).

And combat is as awful and power-ranger-y as expected.

Funny that you mention tumblr. One of biowares problems is that they've been caving in too much to tumblr sjw demands. Yeah sure "representation" is great, but putting it in front of story or gameplay is eh...

Sometimes its just mind boggling seeing the kinds of asks David Gaider gets on his tumblr.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 21, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2007
Leliana in DA:O was great representation.
So was Josephine in this
Zevran too to a degree.

They were not straight, but they had character, but they were not defined by their sexuality. They were not used by plot at t every second to remind you of their sexuality as if it was defining character trait. The sexuality was a given. Completely NORMAL thing and they a great personality to go with that - even if you were to remove romance, they would still be characters.

They were not made to just fill the quota, they were made to be great characters and great representations of fluid sexuality.

Characters like Dorian's character quest and that black guy in ME3(Who's whole point of even exiting was to talk to you about how gay he is)

Dorian's a great character but his quest is just facepalm worthy.

Same with the leader of Iron Bull's chargers.

And there's even background shit like that like few nobles talking about same sex relationship and then for a whole hour talking how "it is totally totally okay" - like wtf? If youwant to represet that, MAKE IT SEEM OKAY - not single out someone because of their gender or sexual orientation making it the main plotpoint of them - that is the OPPOSITE of treating someone as normal.
Like, if you are writing stuff about subjects as complex as this, that can get handled wrongly very fast, the last thing you want to do is make it anviliciously stereotypical.

What this game is doing is equal as if I walked up to some black dude on the street and started talking how "hey you are black, that's totally okay, I like you, you are totally normal guy. I know, slavery and all that stuff was horrible. Racism is horrible man! I won't call the cops on you, i totally see you as normal". The dude most likely would just punch me int he face for me being a jackass.

Learn to handle it, Bioware. Gone Home did a great job with that, YOU did a great job with Leliana on that. Stop hamfisting the writing, because it makes it feel like you are doing it for press attention. And not because you actually want to correctly represent all people.
Dec 21, 2014 11:00 AM
Aug 2014
It's a great game, probably my favourite in the series and my second favourite BioWare game behind ME3. My favourite class is warrior and I wouldn't want to see anything differently I just want even more areas to explore and DLC to get into which is hopefully on the way.
Dec 21, 2014 1:30 PM
Sep 2014
so I'm level 8 and still have the same armor from level 2... that's nice I guess.
Dec 22, 2014 12:42 AM

Oct 2009
Rokumi said:
so I'm level 8 and still have the same armor from level 2... that's nice I guess.
Level 20 with over 80 hours played, just replaced some level 15 armor a little while ago.
Dec 22, 2014 12:58 AM
Sep 2014
Gogetters said:
Rokumi said:
Level 20 with over 80 hours played, just replaced some level 15 armor a little while ago.

Cool. I just crafted myself some higher-level gear. It uses the same model as my previous armor, except it's colored red, blue, and orange. I look like a clown now.
Dec 22, 2014 7:25 AM

Oct 2011
I installed Dragon Age 2 again to see which of these two sequels I hate more. After putting 4 or so hours into DA2 last night and today I can say unequivocally that I think DA2 is a better game. Which is kind of amazing if you think about it, because DA2 is objectively a bad game. At least it has some semblance of quest design however, and a better plot, and halfway engaging combat at least some of the time.

Both these sequels are such shit though, god damn. Fire that Laidlaw guy.
LipiDec 22, 2014 7:30 AM
Dec 22, 2014 7:32 AM

Sep 2012
I like the game I have about 70hrs on the game and I haven't beaten it yet. I'm a lvl 22 Rift Mage. I don't play multi player 'cause I heard it sucks...
Dec 23, 2014 4:03 PM
Sep 2014
The characters are so uninspiring. There is no one I want to romance. I don't like any of the companions.

I do not have the issue of "I want him in my party, but I also want him! And him!" like I did in previous games.

It's "I don't want any of these guys in my party."

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
2 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
4 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.