Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
normally, I would hate deus ex machina endings like this but I'm so glad this had a happy ending. I would be sad forever if it didn't.

I feel kind of sorry for Eichi though
Nov 27, 2009 9:35 PM
Jun 2008
Terrible ending, just like the anime. They could've had a happy ending with Takuto still dead easily enough. They could even have had a happy ending with Mitsuki dying, since she'd lived out her happiness in the past year. If they wanted to make it extra happy, they could even have her walking off into the afterlife with Eichi and Takuto. As it was...crap.
Nov 28, 2009 10:41 PM

Nov 2008
darkmac said:
Terrible ending, just like the anime. They could've had a happy ending with Takuto still dead easily enough. They could even have had a happy ending with Mitsuki dying, since she'd lived out her happiness in the past year. If they wanted to make it extra happy, they could even have her walking off into the afterlife with Eichi and Takuto. As it was...crap.

What're you, CRAZY? XD You can't draw a shoujo manga like that. Main characters never die permanently in shoujo manga, dummy. :p And NO, you couldn't have a happy ending with any of those options. When you look at the big picture, nothing is happy about death. Death is tragic and little girls, the target audience don't want tragedy.

This ending is okay but I like the anime ending more, actually. Arina did some very stupid things in the last chapter that I didn't like. lulz.

Um.......Takuto was never dead in the first place and it was no longer Mitsuki's destiny to die, so she didn't.
ChiibiNov 28, 2009 10:47 PM

Nov 29, 2009 1:08 PM
Jun 2008
Chiibi said:
What're you, CRAZY? XD You can't draw a shoujo manga like that. Main characters never die permanently in shoujo manga, dummy. :p And NO, you couldn't have a happy ending with any of those options. When you look at the big picture, nothing is happy about death. Death is tragic and little girls, the target audience don't want tragedy.

Deep Love is shoujo, and almost everyone dies in that. It's not like you can't have good tragic shoujo.
Nov 29, 2009 5:30 PM

Nov 2008
darkmac said:
Chiibi said:

Deep Love is shoujo, and almost everyone dies in that. It's not like you can't have good tragic shoujo.

I've never heard of it, but if that's true, its target audience mostly likely is older than FM's (9 to 14) and they would handle it easier. (Though I still wouldn't) I don't like true tragedy, man. And I'm an ADULT. It depresses the crap out of me. D: I read shoujo manga because the sweet couples and light-hearted endings make me happy. Seeing the endings to anime like Air's or Code Geass's just make me want to cut myself...

I don't see why you're complaining about this happy ending, because of that, actually. AND DON'T MAIN CHARACTERS DIE ENOUGH AS IT IS!? It's much easier to find series with bittersweet, tragic, or messed-up endings as opposed to truly happy ones, so just accept that it's a nice happy ending FOR ONCE, huh? XD

[edit] Okay, I researched Deep Love and it is categorized as an ADULT series. There's your answer. Just as I expected....Full Moon is not an adult series so that's why author chose the ending she did.
ChiibiNov 29, 2009 6:00 PM

Nov 30, 2009 1:21 PM
Jun 2008
Deep Love was in Bessatsu Friend, a shoujo magazine (the same magazine Mars was in). It's not an adult series.
Dec 1, 2009 10:10 AM

Nov 2008
Huh......Baka-Updates says it is....o.o It's the one with the dog, right? What is the plot?

Apr 5, 2010 5:44 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing series though I may have preferred the anime ending, I'm not sure. They're both quite similar I guess, but I loved the underworld arc in the manga which put it way ahead of the anime for me anyway. Also, I feel the manga explained a little more. The anime had Eternal Snow though...

Well, Izumi was awesome in the manga. Also, some of the comedy is a better and it is considerably darker than the anime. I feel the ending could have been handled a little better though. Very deus ex machina and abrupt no doubt, but I feel this was what Arina was aiming for. At least we got to see the REAL 16 year old Mitsuki performing live!
May 28, 2010 6:15 AM

Nov 2008
I....guess I'm the only one who thought it WASN'T deus ex machina? It made sense to me-Takuto's situation and I think it was well-planned. I kinda wish she hadn't paired off absolutely EVERY SINGLE COUPLE in the series....but gah she's so cheesy like that. XD

Jun 2, 2010 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
Chiibi said:
I....guess I'm the only one who thought it WASN'T deus ex machina? It made sense to me-Takuto's situation and I think it was well-planned. I kinda wish she hadn't paired off absolutely EVERY SINGLE COUPLE in the series....but gah she's so cheesy like that. XD

It is hard to say if it is deus-ex machina. It was definitely possible Takuto would disappear and never return. I wouldn't have wanted that though.
Jun 21, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
But it was "definitely possible" to us as viewers only because that's what we were being led to believe. Nobody knew what Arina was planning in her head. She loves drama and did it to scare us, I'm sure.

............she was probably going "haha >=D" at her desk. XD But who am I to talk? Torturing your audience is oh-so much fun. (*draws stories also*)

Call us "evil". XD

Jul 10, 2010 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
Oh, I thought Mitsuki would commit suicide to join Takuto and Meroko. It didn't happen. :/
In last pages, Eichi's scenes were wonderful. Best emotional scenes without any words on it in Fullmoon wo Sagashite.

Chiibi said:

Read "Boku no hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu" and watch j-drama film of it.
Jul 13, 2010 9:51 PM

Nov 2008
-Cynthia- said:

Read "Boku no hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu" and watch j-drama film of it.

Googled it. It's aimed at an older audience: mature girls instead of little girls, so no dice. XD

Dec 15, 2010 3:32 PM

Jan 2009
The only thing I hated about the ending were the last pages with Eichi. I felt so sad for him. Even when he smiled I still think it was a sad smile. It was actually pretty obvious that Mitsuki would be with Takuto - c'mooooon, it's a shoujo. But I don't like the way Arina treated Eichi. Poor guy, he was such a good person , _ ,
I don't know how anime ended, but maybe I'll watch it someday, because I pretty liked Full Moon, the best Arina's work I've read so far. And gosh, her drawings are beautiful~
Dec 16, 2010 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Makro said:
The only thing I hated about the ending were the last pages with Eichi. I felt so sad for him. Even when he smiled I still think it was a sad smile. It was actually pretty obvious that Mitsuki would be with Takuto - c'mooooon, it's a shoujo. But I don't like the way Arina treated Eichi. Poor guy, he was such a good person , _ ,

I did not feel bad for him whatsoever. Because I was so sick of Mitsuki's ungodly obsession with him that when Takuto FINALLY got her attention, I was enthralled. HE was the one who did freaking EVERYTHING for her. Eichi just floated there. =_= lol

Feb 14, 2011 8:36 AM

Jan 2009
i hate it that takuto has no pony tail in the last chapter. the whole story he has long hair, and just at the ending, he has short hair. he lookd completely someone else :/
I art style was a little different too. But still i think the ending was okay :)
Feb 17, 2011 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
kairi_03 said:
i hate it that takuto has no pony tail in the last chapter. the whole story he has long hair, and just at the ending, he has short hair. he lookd completely someone else :/

I hated this too. I could rant for pages on how much I hated this. What I hated even more was that there was no explanation WHATSOEVER.

nothing a little photoshop editing can't fix......

Hurr.....XD
ChiibiFeb 17, 2011 2:59 PM

Mar 12, 2011 4:35 PM

Nov 2009
the ending of the manga is so mutch better than the anime ^^

Mar 16, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Chiibi said:
kairi_03 said:

I hated this too. I could rant for pages on how much I hated this. What I hated even more was that there was no explanation WHATSOEVER.

Lol, this already looks more like takuto xp
what kind of explanation do you mean? about how he dissapeared before the 3 years later?

Hurr.....XD
Mar 19, 2011 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
kairi_03 said:
Chiibi said:
kairi_03 said:

Lol, this already looks more like takuto xp
what kind of explanation do you mean? about how he dissapeared before the 3 years later?

Hurr.....XD

No, I meant no explanation for why his hair was so short. XD

But.......well, you can see that it's short when he woke up so I guess the doctors cut it....or something....BUT STILL it would grow back in three years for sure!!

Apr 17, 2011 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
It's most likely part of hospital procedure to keep it short for ease of operations near the head and such, just like how its part of procedure to shave pubic hair when operations are required near the abdomen and lower.
Apr 18, 2011 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Bakazuki said:
It's most likely part of hospital procedure to keep it short for ease of operations near the head and such, just like how its part of procedure to shave pubic hair when operations are required near the abdomen and lower.

Yeah, this is what I'm suspecting...and like EW I didn't know that. XD;

Apr 28, 2011 4:30 PM
Apr 2011
who would think this is crap???!!! i mean this is arina-san's most famous manga yet! All these emotions in the manga, they make u feel sad, happy, and makes u want to laugh and cry.Sometimes they really make u feel what life is(sorry, i have a philosophical mind) besides, even though i really like eichi-kun, i still love takuto way more-------!!! i think that the anime sucks though( i am sorry if u find that offensive) because mereko leaves them forever(even if that is a good thing), izumi sucks totally, and u don't even know if takuto and mitsuki get together.
Apr 29, 2011 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
who would think this is crap???!!!

A schmuck with no taste. :'D

sophiazw said:
u don't even know if takuto and mitsuki get together.

They do. It's in the drama CD. :'D
ChiibiApr 29, 2011 6:16 PM

May 4, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2010
I really liked the ending, what a great way to wrap things up. I'm glad how all the MC's ended up with someone in the ending.

Takuto x Mitsuki and Izumi x Mereko ftw.

Overall 8/10. Loved the anime and also love the manga.
Jan 25, 2015 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
Now that Eichi's soul isn't bound to Mitsuki anymore, that means Mitsuki won't be able to see Meroko and Izumi anymore, am I right? :( I wonder if people thought about this..

I think the ending could have been better. but I'm still glad. Like others said, I couldn't bear it if it had a sad ending. My mind is at peace after I finish the manga :) Probably because everyone ends up with someone and no one ends up wandering alone forever.
To my surprise, this time i finished the manga, I cried because of the last scene with Eichi. I never really cared that much for Eichi (don't dislike him, but also not my fave), but this suddendly really got me.

10/10 + fav. For both manga and the anime. Always has been, always will be :')
Oct 3, 2015 5:11 AM
Sep 2015
WHAT THE FUCK DID ARINA DO TO POOR EICHI-KUN!! What kind of cruel, heartless person would do that?! The poor guy just couldn't catch a break, could he? Not the slightest kindness! His parents die, the girl he loved ignored his confession, he DIED in a plane crash of all things, he followed the girl he loved around without being able to touch or even speak to her for SIX YEARS, and his final scene is him screaming in agony as she had a happy ending with someone else?! What the fuck. I can't. That's so awful! AGHHHHHH!!!
Oct 15, 2015 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
VerballyStunted said:
WHAT THE FUCK DID ARINA DO TO POOR EICHI-KUN!! What kind of cruel, heartless person would do that?! The poor guy just couldn't catch a break, could he? Not the slightest kindness! His parents die, the girl he loved ignored his confession, he DIED in a plane crash of all things, he followed the girl he loved around without being able to touch or even speak to her for SIX YEARS, and his final scene is him screaming in agony as she had a happy ending with someone else?! What the fuck. I can't. That's so awful! AGHHHHHH!!!

Lol he's just a plot device. No need to get so upset for a plot device. And he's not in agony. He's happy because Mitsuki's happy. It's really not as bad as all that. He does smile in the last scene, remember?

I was never able to feel bad for Eichi. He felt too......"fake". No actual teenaged boy acts or says things like he does....he was but an author's fantasy....and that's all there is to him. Thus he was hard to relate to. I thought his "love" for Mitsuki was unconvincing as well.
ChiibiOct 15, 2015 8:09 PM

Feb 22, 2018 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
Wakaouji was my favorite character in the anime but I'm not really pleased by the way he was shown in the manga. Although I liked how he was able to recognize Mitsuki despite her looking like a 16 year old. I also couldn't like Ooshige in the manga. On the other hand I like how Madoka and Izumi were portrayed and knowing the back stories of most other characters was a plus in the manga. The ending part was not very convincing, the anime did a much better job in that aspect.

The manga made me feel bad for Eichi-kun even though I didn't really care about him in the anime. The manga gave him a bit more exposure. I wonder if he went to heaven in the end. I hoped that Mitsuki would have been able to talk to him at least once or he could have stayed with her forever. With him gone Mitsuki will no longer be able to see the Shinigami I suppose(?) Although they can still turn into their animal forms and meet her in that case.
Nov 11, 2018 9:41 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I read this a while ago, but I couldn’t post here due to the forums being down at that time.

I hated the ending, it was extremely corny and horrible. I can’t elaborate well on my problems with how the manga was towards the end, so I will say that there was a bunch of plot holes. The manga would be better if it weren’t for the deux ex machina the author pulled.
May 25, 2019 10:02 PM

Nov 2008
MeisterDM said:
I hated the ending, it was extremely corny and horrible. I can’t elaborate well on my problems with how the manga was towards the end, so I will say that there was a bunch of plot holes. The manga would be better if it weren’t for the deux ex machina the author pulled.

What "plot holes" and "deux ex machina" are you referring to, exactly? And what's so "horrible" about a happy ending in a series that centers around finding your purpose after tragedy strikes you?

A tragic ending would clash and not fit with the themes at all. Plus after all the multiple tragedies everyone went through, it would be horribly redundant and unsatisfactory.

How much do you want a preteen girl to suffer, exactly?

Her parents died.
Her first crush died.
She has cancer?
She almost dies
She thought her second love died...

LET HER HAVE HAPPINESS. D:<
ChiibiMay 25, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 1, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
A heartwarming sendoff. I'm really glad I decided to read the manga instead of just watching the anime again (though I may skim my favorite moments now). It offered a fresh approach while still capturing the essence of what made me fall for Full Moon. It's making me appreciate that theme of living on all over again.

As for the romance...well, it definitely grew on me by the end. I didn't really like how pushy Eichi & Takuto were in the first half. I know this is shoujo, but just confessing love and divebombing for a kiss felt really awkward especially considering the age gaps. That said, I definitely was feeling Mitsuki x Takuto by volume 6 and like how it shaped up, where they finally found a reason to live within each other. My favorite couple was Masami x Keiichi, especially with that bonus chapter at the end (kyaa!). I just adored the prince x princess theme and their match was nothing short of royalty.

8.5/10, leaning towards a 9.
Sep 21, 2023 12:53 AM

May 2020
That was meh. Honestly, I genuinely didn't care how this ends. I liked this manga in the beginning but everything after Volume 5 was either cringe-inducing or seriously rushed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Chapter 29 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jul 1, 2023

2 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 2, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Chapter 23 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jun 30, 2023

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 30, 2023 2:13 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Chapter 21 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jun 30, 2023

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Chapter 20 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jun 29, 2023

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 29, 2023 11:20 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Chapter 18 Discussion

SmillieReacts - Jun 14, 2019

1 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 29, 2023 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.