Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I'd say that's a pretty nasty fall for glasses girl..

This was a pretty intense episode imo with a lot of bloodshed. Poor Shinji as well. I feel bad for him seeing all that blood after what happened recently with her mom. Really enjoyed this episode with the terror at school and no censorship. Lost count of how many people died this episode including students, police, etc.

Nice shot though Shinichi. The guy should join the baseball team
Stark700Dec 3, 2014 9:00 AM
Dec 3, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2013

Oh damn. That was some large-scale ownage right there. And not too bad of a job by glasses cunt. I'll give her credit for the paint thinner being a lot more effective as a weapon than I thought. Although, it was due to the paint thinner making Shimada go apeshit that everyone else in the school got rekt. She should have just taken one for the team.

I was a tiny bit disappointed with how Shinichi dealt with the situation. I kind of wanted him to go OP with flashes of superhero swag. Rather, he mostly just let everyone except Murano get killed (aka thinking with his dick which I do respect). Though this was probably a more realistic depiction of where Shinichi still is in his development of facing off against the parasytes and being a brostar.

And Murano... "Are you okay? You jumped down from pretty far up." No shit Sherlock. Good lord is she a moron.
dankzelDec 3, 2014 11:42 AM
Dec 3, 2014 11:02 AM
Sep 2013
Damn so much bloodshed. That arm transforming was bad ass. Awesome shoot. Hair pulling a parasyte what If they start figuring that out your screwed.
Dec 3, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Tachikawa throwing that paint thinner and made Shimada go on berserk.

17 victims and that was a pretty bloody scene from class 3-3 :/ Shinichi saving Murano was pretty amazing. Felt bad for the two guys that ran away and instantly died. Those jumps were pretty amazing.

A few police died. Shinichi's way of dealing the finishing blow by throwing a rock over 300 meters away!

At the price of 17 victims, the government was able to get another sample of these parasites. To start pulling other people's hair to see whether they are clean or not! Glad Shinichi made up with Murano but not so much in such a way.
Dec 3, 2014 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
Nice thinking by glasses girl (don't know her name that well off the top of my head). Really enjoyed seeing Izumi go in and save Murano to, and then finishing off Shimada with what looks to be a new upgrade or discovery of his power. Very intense episode overall though, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with this hair pulling "fad".

I haven't read the manga or anything, but the guy who asked for everyone's hairs at the board meeting, I've got bad news vibes coming from him. Got a feeling he's a parasyte but who knows, I'm probably paranoid now after seeing that episode.
Dec 3, 2014 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
That was nice. As usual
Dec 3, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2014
Did no one see the pink mess of eyes when she was hanging on the outside?

Dec 3, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
At least Shinichi saved Murano this show is just to amazing.
Dec 3, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2013
Waaaaaaaa
Awesome episode.
I'm glad that Murano is saved.
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2014 11:22 AM
Dec 2012
I felt that there was a degree of censorship involving the carnage. I expected an Elfen Lied style massacre but the camera cut away too much and we only got brief glances of the bloodshed. In the manga we hit to see people sliced up in all its glory.
Dec 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2014
Wooo, nice thinking Murano, RIP to Shimada, that's one hell of a throw that Shininchi did.
Dec 3, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Glad to see that Murano was okay. That was a nice throw by Shinichi.
Dec 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2012
Shinichi grows out of his angsty teenager phase thankfully
All it took was for him to see a bunch of dead students from his school to get his humanity back : P
Dec 3, 2014 11:28 AM

Oct 2014
Great Ep. as usual 5/5.

The only thing i don't like right now is that it seems that Mirano will be like Ran from detective conan.
Don't get me wrong, i don't hate her, But i don't like it when in Stories The main Girl/love interest/Gf has nothing to do with the story except for romance and being a connection to the mc's "old World", and knows of nothing.
Dec 3, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
gilgamesh310 said:
I felt that there was a degree of censorship involving the carnage. I expected an Elfen Lied style massacre but the camera cut away too much and we only got brief glances of the bloodshed. In the manga we hit to see people sliced up in all its glory.

I'm glad that there is almost no gore.
You really love watching blood and human body massacre?
Why? O. O is it really entertaining you that much? You know that this is absolutely not normal?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2010
I wonder how people got the idea to greet each other by pulling hair. If someone would suggest it to me without explaining (or having a good reason like parasites), then I would ask them to go check their head.

The episode was good but I really hope Mirano will stop being such an airhead. She's been completely useless and stupid the whole time so I hope she'll do something later.

And I hope Migi will be the same and won't have emotions later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
Yuko actually didn't die :O Didn't expect that. Isn't she technically the cause of the massacre though with how she threw acid on him causing him to go berserk. Quite the luck she has there surviving a jump from that floor. She's probably gonna be quite traumatized now that she's seen the true form of these monsters.

Shinichi has gone through another phase of development now with how he overcame the bodies. His reaction to them was quite surprising to me actually. Thought he wouldn't care that much but it seems he still has (or had now) quite a bit of emotions.

I wonder if Murano saw the true form of Hide though? She probably did but I'm not sure. Surprised she took adrenaline rush as an excuse for Izumi's BAness XD
No way would that be enough to jump from a building and over a fence like that XD

Dat friggin 300 meter throw through the chest though O_O FRIGGIN BA!!! Dat hand looked so awesome :3

Nice new way of identifying Parasytes XD Pull the hair of ur friend while greeting them hehe. Parasyte's are screwed :O
Dec 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
Well, there goes Shimada.
Dang, that massacre.

Shinichi saving Murano.
Those jumps yet again.

And that throw.
Good aim!

Oh goodness.
Now there's a hair pulling fad among everyone.
Just watch everyone go bald..

I liked that piano version of the ED.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 3, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
The art in this episode was bad. Madhouse you are a big studio that 2 episodes last week were too much.
Aug 2012
rsc-pl said:
gilgamesh310 said:

I'm glad that there is almost no gore.
You really love watching blood and human body massacre?
Why? O. O is it really entertaining you that much? You know that this is absolutely not normal?

looks pretty normal to me...
Jun 2013
Good adaption as usual. Next episode is going to be great again, and quite violent of course.
Dec 3, 2014 11:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, shit got all serious. What an anime.
Dec 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
fantastic episode.

things moving forward in regards to the parasites.
Dec 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2014
I have no clue how to get a ridiculous fad like that to catch on... oh wait.. dumping ice water on yourself was a fad that caught on!

PSA: Raising awareness of balding in older government officials, pull each others hairs to show support!! PS. Youtube your friends doing it, if your friend turns into a man eating parasyte, make sure you #CallTheMIB
Dec 3, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2014
Great episode! I really hope that Tachikawa realizes that she was the catalyst for the massacre. She may not connect the dots with the chemical reaction, but she has to realize how dumb it was to approach him in the first place.
Dec 3, 2014 12:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Psycho_Pass said:
Great episode! I really hope that Tachikawa realizes that she was the catalyst for the massacre. She may not connect the dots with the chemical reaction, but she has to realize how dumb it was to approach him in the first place.

It's a possibility for me that when she realizes...she might off herself (not read the manga)
Dec 3, 2014 12:08 PM

Mar 2013
Brutal episode. I'm glad Murano is fine though.
Dec 3, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2011
From the preview it looks like that the next episode will be centered around Kana.
Dec 3, 2014 12:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Izumi-kun has a nice future in Major League Baseball with that fastball of his.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
According to baseball official rule 6.08(b), Shimada is hit by pitch and may now advance to the first base.
Dec 3, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Shit, I'm having an adrenaline rush. Almost had to stop the video because I was almost shaking... Damn, that was one hell of a bloodbath. I was even getting nauseous to see all these young people getting their lives reaped. Give that school a rest for fuck sake.

Shinichi, even if he was unable to saves much lives, was pretty darn epic. Between those high jumps (did I already said that I love seeing him doing crazy jumps) and that rock throw. Also, saving his princess, after having scares the fuck out of us with that poor girl head, like the emo(just kiddin') dark prince he is, Shinichi is confirmed to be cooler than any superheroes.

Yuuko somehow escaped death. But by escaping death, 17 students and numerous officers have been killed indirectly. Holy shit would I feel bad... That girl will be scared for life, snatching hair from everyone she see...

About the hair trick, it's pretty clever. But it's really stupid at the same time. If you were to remove hair from a parasyte and notice that it's reacting weirdly, I don't think he would let you lives. In fact, I'm sure it wouldn't let you lives.

Edit : fucking hilarious that comment above me.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 3, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
What a massacre in the school. Glad that Murano survived, but RIP to everyone else in her class. Stupid Shimada and Tachikawa. But damn, Izumi's arm though. I gotta say, he can aim pretty well. And... Greeting each other by pulling each other's hair? lol.
Dec 3, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Awesomeness.

That throw. Such aim. Right in the heart. From 300m away. Damn.

Murano should have been surprised that Shinchii is still walking like nothing happened after jumping from the third floor, running off and then jumping over a high fence. She just let it slide and even believed shinchii's story of "adrenaline rush" which also "surprised him".

Lol that sensei "what are you wearing on your head". It's his freakin head man! Not some mask. Did it look that fake?

That killing spree. Shinchii was about to break down. Good thing they didn't cover up things with those stinkin dark patches like in Tokyo Ghoul.

I'd never greet anyone if it will involve pulling out a hair.
Dec 3, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
That was intense, and Damn, Shinichi throwing that rock from 300 meters away.
Dec 3, 2014 12:27 PM
Aug 2009
I like the idea of pulling each other's hair as a greeting. You just pull a hair out of somebody and see that they're actually a parasyte and get sliced in half because you can't really do anything else in that situation.
Dec 3, 2014 12:28 PM

Dec 2013
What a throw!!!

Pretty cool how they've managed to find a way to tell them apart.
Dec 3, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
Excitement and thrills over the top as always.
Damn, that stone throw.
Dec 3, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2012
Man i was almost sold that Murano was dead lol. That was a great scene of mistaken identity.

I find it kind of silly that Murano doesn't suspect Shinichi of anything after jumping off a building and jumping over a high chain link fence without much of a scratch or broken limbs. >_>

Anyways great episode

Dec 3, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
Art/Animation: Pretty meh this week but the visual effects and Shimada's grotesque design were enough to make up for most of it to me. Made it a lot more atmospheric.

Sound: Some songs were damn good and I am glad they didn't bring out the wubwubs like they usually do when they use that song. The transition from the opening scene to the OP was a bit jarring but that's a nitpick.

Story+Characters:
Opening up with Yuuko tossing paint thinner at Shimada and basically nearly kills him with it. Then she jumps into a tree and nearly dies but hey, I'll give her props for doing what she could, given the situation. She wasn't really an idiot last week... so much as... immensely naive but she still had the smarts to bring along acid. Can't imagine the pain Shimada must have felt. Totally believable that he couldn't switch out of his killer state.

You can see some development in Shinichi this week as he is slowly trying to control his emotions. Not control as in stop feeling but rather, know when to stop feeling. He collapses when he sees just how much damage came because he didn't just kill Shimada right away, his empathy coming back to him but remembering what his father said, he seems to control his emotions a bit better now, erasing them except for his need to find Murano. It was pretty quick though but I don't consider that necessarily a bad thing.

I'll be honest though, Murano not asking any questions after Shinichi was all, "It was just adrenaline." was a bit ridiculous. Nothing that bothers me too much though.

Now, Shinichi tossing that rock, that was pure GAR right there. Manly as hell.

So now they bring about the plan to flush out the parasites, pulling hair to see if it withers in several seconds. Pretty funny that it became a fad but honestly, I can believe it somehow.

Overall, great episode in terms of story and character.
Dec 3, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
And ladies and gentleman, that's how you leave a class in session, without a single word, like a boss!

Pretty bloody episode overall.

Shinichi with his imba sniping skill.

Yes it's a good thing that Murano is dumb. Tbh though, a girl in that situation would be unable to think properly and believe anything her savior said.

Somehow, the statement about "greeting each other by pulling out a strand of hair is becoming fad" was quite hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 3, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
Almost had a mini heart attack when it showed the dead body which looked like Murano's. Good thing it wasn't her though, cos there is clearly as a lot that can still be done with her character.

It was also good to see that Shinichi hasn't entirely lost his humanity, which was a good change after how he was acting in the last few episodes.
Dec 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2009
I was prepared to see black screens everywhere, I'm glad it was uncensored.
Dec 3, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
Meh episode - too much illogical yet no one cared.

Sad that they have to rush some things this way :/ But maybe they are making room for the betetr episodes. I hope.
Dec 3, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2010
Can't wait for next week's episode, Kana is such a better character than Murano, it's a shame she isn't the main female character. The piano version of the ED was brilliant though.
Dec 3, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Yuko actually didn't die :O Didn't expect that. Isn't she technically the cause of the massacre though with how she threw acid on him causing him to go berserk. Quite the luck she has there surviving a jump from that floor. She's probably gonna be quite traumatized now that she's seen the true form of these monsters.

Shinichi has gone through another phase of development now with how he overcame the bodies. His reaction to them was quite surprising to me actually. Thought he wouldn't care that much but it seems he still has (or had now) quite a bit of emotions.

I wonder if Murano saw the true form of Hide though? She probably did but I'm not sure. Surprised she took adrenaline rush as an excuse for Izumi's BAness XD
No way would that be enough to jump from a building and over a fence like that XD

Dat friggin 300 meter throw through the chest though O_O FRIGGIN BA!!! Dat hand looked so awesome :3

Nice new way of identifying Parasytes XD Pull the hair of ur friend while greeting them hehe. Parasyte's are screwed :O

I think Murano was in a daze when Izumi jumped impossible heights for a human, and she was likely too disoriented with all the craziness around her to really pay attention to what Izumi did. Either that, or she's completely in denial~ lol

Dec 3, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Well, I'm glad Murano's safe, when they showed the body on the floor I really thought she was done for.
lol, imagine greeting people by taking a strand of hair is actually a trend, it's an extrovert's worst nightmare.

Overall, a great episode despite the lack of effort killing Shimada(not enough action) but hey, at least he can't harm anyone else.
*Facepalm*
Dec 3, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2011
Dat hair pulling technique. Great episode as always and glad that scum is dead.
Dec 3, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2014
I expected the glasses bitch would at least need some therapy after realizing her stupidity caused the massacre of so many of her schoolmates and cops. But no, apparently she's always been very strong, so fucking good for her.

And I thought the bottle she threw contained acid, not paint thinner, because the parasyte's (forgot his name) skin looked like it was burning, going by the fumes coming out of it.
VhailorDec 3, 2014 1:06 PM
Dec 3, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2014
Bah.Murano is so one dimensional.

Also dat Rock throw..Damn that's one powerful sniper.
Izumi can probably win most of the fights just doing that from a distance.

Dec 3, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2012
LOL Migi discussing ethics with Shinichi while reading Crime and Punishment was gold
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

22 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.