Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2010
Aside from the characterizations, and the plot, there's another big flaw with Shiki.

There is zero need for Shiki to kill people in order to feed. They explain this over and over as filler, especially during the first 2/3rds of the season. Shiki can feed on a human, several times in fact, before blood loss eventually kills the victim. If a victim is left alone, they get better as they recover from the blood loss.

So there's no need to kill anyone in the first place, except to create new Shiki. This makes a lot of the drama in the series, about people killing family and friends "to survive" stupidly pointless. Of course, the plan and actions of the Shiki, and the humans for that matter, were also quite stupid, so it's a small issue in comparison. Still, it's rather disappointing.
Dec 3, 2014 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
Don't overthink it to much,the story is filled with plot holes.
How they want to take over the entire town ,even if that means there wont be anymore victims to chose from.The actual ending and the ridiculous lengths they go to make everything so over the top ....

Especially liked how at the end we were supposed to take the side of the vampires on how they just "went with their natural urges" and all that crap when they could have easily waited a bit for the victim's blood to regenerate.
Also the whole urgent threat (the vampires) that is well know by the characters in the show as well to the viewers ,yet they still don't do anything about that for a large part of the show,made the series so very mediocre to me.
Dec 3, 2014 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
Because humans would just be willing to let monsters suck half their blood periodically... that would totally work...
Dec 6, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2012
thaumx said:
Aside from the characterizations, and the plot, there's another big flaw with Shiki.

There is zero need for Shiki to kill people in order to feed. They explain this over and over as filler, especially during the first 2/3rds of the season. Shiki can feed on a human, several times in fact, before blood loss eventually kills the victim. If a victim is left alone, they get better as they recover from the blood loss.

So there's no need to kill anyone in the first place, except to create new Shiki. This makes a lot of the drama in the series, about people killing family and friends "to survive" stupidly pointless. Of course, the plan and actions of the Shiki, and the humans for that matter, were also quite stupid, so it's a small issue in comparison. Still, it's rather disappointing.

I agree but some people refuse to listen
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Dec 7, 2014 2:55 AM

Jan 2010
Well, the Shiki are able to brainwash people, pretty effectively too. And without people dying, it'd be way less likely for them to be discovered... or for the towns folk to hate them. "Come to the park at 10pm on the XXth day of every month." meals taken care of, don't even have to waste time hunting every night. The human would just feel slightly under the weather once a month... like donating blood. :P
Dec 7, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2012
thaumx said:
Well, the Shiki are able to brainwash people, pretty effectively too. And without people dying, it'd be way less likely for them to be discovered... or for the towns folk to hate them. "Come to the park at 10pm on the XXth day of every month." meals taken care of, don't even have to waste time hunting every night. The human would just feel slightly under the weather once a month... like donating blood. :P

Yeah yeah yeah I know that I understand that I gathered that..I figured that out ages ago...

They don't need to kill in order to get blood

But some people would hate and fear them even if they came in peace.

However theres a problem

1 let say they keep this up for a while, your idea... how long until someone spots them seeing them biting soneone, yeah it would be a uproar.

2 let's say sunako and her family did somehow did successfully take blood from one other person per night without getting caught and this happened for like 50 years.........get it now

Sunako chizuru blue hair and yoshie can't age And someone at some point will caught on and cause a commotion.

That's why they wanted to make the village for there kind that's why they chose to find a out of the way place like that village.

The humans wasn't nice people to begin with so the humans had it coming anyways.......chapter 33 of the manga and among other things
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jan 25, 2016 4:10 PM
Jan 2015
Red_Keys said:
Because humans would just be willing to let monsters suck half their blood periodically... that would totally work...

Do I have to remind you that they can hypnotize people? Like when the shiki realized that the doctor knew about them so they started to tell their victim's to demand to stay at home. Or, they can kidnap random people and keep them healthy so their blood can regenerate and they don't have to look for many victims. Because, they should at least think about the fact that if they keep killing everyone they come across then it will be harder and harder to get victims and people will realize that there's some freaky shit going on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.