Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which Season Of SAO do you prefer?
Dec 1, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2013
Out of both seasons of SAO which one did you like most?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 1, 2014 8:18 AM

Nov 2014
I would have to go with Season 1.It was rushed but it still had good aspects in SAO,I didn't really like ALO.Only thing I liked about Season 2 is Shino.
Dec 1, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
PrevE said:
I would have to go with Season 1.It was rushed but it still had good aspects in SAO,I didn't really like ALO.Only thing I liked about Season 2 is Shino.
I agree with you despite SAO II spending more time on character development and overall taking a slower pace than SAO, I still find that there's something about SAO that made me enjoy it more.
Dec 1, 2014 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Season 2 there was great characters development,psycholgical aspects and overall the story was consistent sure it was slow paced but it's better that way.Mother rosario is perfect so far and I perdict sad things will come.Also more Asuna! <3 But I still love s1.
Dec 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Nov 2014
zayzay199 said:
Season 2 there was great characters development,psycholgical aspects and overall the story was consistent sure it was slow paced but it's better that way.Mother rosario is perfect so far and I perdict sad things will come.Also more Asuna! <3 But I still love s1.

I've heard from the novel readers that the ending of season 2 is going to be sad so be prepared.
Dec 1, 2014 6:23 PM

Sep 2014
I have only seen the first one and it was great i loved it so much
Dec 1, 2014 7:01 PM
Jun 2013
I feel like in the second season they kind of just kicked Kirito's friends out and its just Sinon. and honestly I think it would've been better if Kirito and Asuna had finished going through the levels of the original SAO instead of skipping around so much. I was really looking forward to the anime/ MOBA style they were going for. But I guess they had deadlines and such. Anyway, I'm not complaining but SAO was a lot better than the second, in my opinion.
Dec 2, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2014
pmoney557 said:
I feel like in the second season they kind of just kicked Kirito's friends out and its just Sinon. and honestly I think it would've been better if Kirito and Asuna had finished going through the levels of the original SAO instead of skipping around so much. I was really looking forward to the anime/ MOBA style they were going for. But I guess they had deadlines and such. Anyway, I'm not complaining but SAO was a lot better than the second, in my opinion.

I hope Alicization won't turn out the same as GGO,where they pushed old characters to a corner.
Dec 8, 2014 5:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Aincrad > GGO > MR > ALO > Calibur

Still like S1 more overall though, none of the arcs has been anywhere close to the first one imo
Dec 8, 2014 5:53 AM

Jan 2013
zayzay199 said:

+1 SAO S2 Mother Rosario Arc
although the mother rosario arc have sad ending,it still the best for me. poor Yuuki T^T
Dec 8, 2014 10:41 AM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Aincrad > GGO > MR > ALO > Calibur

Still like S1 more overall though, none of the arcs has been anywhere close to the first one imo

exactly.

Aincrad > (Alicization=) MR> ALO=GGO>Caliber imo.

Why Aincrad is special for me, that's because it was perfect blend of light and darkness, hope and despair. If they will animate Progressive, that would be dream come true.

Second goes Alicization, because it has amazing story progression, story developing.

Mother Rosario because Yuuki x Yuuki ;3

It's not like I didn't like Caliber, but it doesn't stand a chance compared with others, even tho it was fun little story. For example, I love the idea how Cardinal is always improving by himself.
Dec 10, 2014 6:39 PM
Oct 2014
I think that season 1 was much better than the second season. I miss the old Aincrad. In the second season they barely show Klein, Liz, Silica and all the others they focused on in season 1.
Dec 20, 2014 5:32 PM
Nov 2014
Hmm for me second season is better. MR are the best with Aincard arc in sao.

But... ALO was boring and spoil first season. ;s
Dec 25, 2014 10:30 AM
Dec 2013
The second season was better for sure as a season. they had more time and worked everything out.
However, the charm and novelty of the story in the first season, and knowing that everything was on the line for all the characters at all times, not like in the newer seasons. It's that survival of the fittest that drew me in, and it's why I like the second season. Even though they didn't develop the characters at all, the story tied it together. (Well, The first half of the season :3 )
Jan 3, 2015 7:50 PM
Jan 2015
The first season moved much quicker, and had more action. I felt more of a connection in the first season. Don't get me wrong, the second season was amazing.
Aug 9, 2016 1:00 AM
Aug 2016
SAO 2 - The Phantom Bullet arc was great, it introduced my number one Waifu, Sinon, Calibur was enjoyable because it gave everyone else time in the spotlight and Mothers Rosario is one of my favourite arcs in all of anime.

SAO 1 - The first arc was great, but the second arc was a massive drop in quality.

KazumaKuzuryuFeb 10, 2017 9:05 PM
Aug 20, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2016
Hmmm i can`t really decide. I think the best were Aincrad arc and Mother`s Rosario Arc... how both are from different seasons.....
I think in the end i will choose the Aincrad Arc....1st season

Aug 21, 2016 9:22 PM

Mar 2014
The Aincrad Arc was definitely my favorite! But my 2nd fave would be the Gun Gale Arc in Season II. 3rd would be Mothers Rosario followed by the ALO arc then lastly the Excalibur Arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
I'd say SAO II. Even though Aincrad's still my favorite arc in the series, season 2 was just so much better in overall quality. Better pacing, better character development, and OH MY GOODNESS MOTHER'S ROSARIO WAS A FEELS-STORM!!

I think the later entries show how much Kawahara improved as an author. Not to say he was bad at the start, but there is a significant difference between the flow of the story between seasons 1 and 2, and there is much more effort put into the characterization, especially for Asuna in Mother's Rosario.
If most toxic anime fans' criteria and standards for considering problematic instances in anime "acceptable" were made into books, they'd be full of plot holes.
Dec 10, 2016 7:42 AM

Nov 2016
Season one was perfect. It was filled with curiosity, was amazed with the action, animation and the story. Season two was also good but season one was filled with everything I'am talking about the story especially the things that happen to Asuna at the end :(
Mar 9, 2017 10:18 PM
Jan 2017
SAO II easily, since the second half of SAO was garbage, and the Rosario arc was amazingly executed. While I love the first half of SAO, I hate the fact that they did not took advantage of one of the dialogue in the light novel where Kirito revealed his past with her sister taking responsibility for him and why he is a solo player.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be in SAO?

Gab98 - Oct 12, 2014

5 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Poll: » Which Fight Was Your Favorite?

AreCue15 - Apr 12, 2013

13 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:40 PM

» How did u start SAO ( 1 2 )

Voidgash - Sep 6, 2012

99 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:38 PM

» Favorite character? ( 1 2 )

ShikaruNYAPPY - Feb 21, 2016

60 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:37 PM

» are you going to use nervegear in the future? ( 1 2 )

ThatUndeadLegacy - May 13, 2014

79 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.