MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 6 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Aoi Bungaku Series »» Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 6 Discussion

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
View Poll Results: Aoi Bungaku Series Episode 6 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

45 32.85%
4 out of 5: Liked it

33 24.09%
3 out of 5: It was OK

39 28.47%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

12 8.76%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 5.84%
Voters: 137

02-11-10, 2:42 AM

Just like the 1st part, I didn't like it at all.
The story is messed up, the characters are stupid, the comedy is pathetic.
Thank god this crappy arc ended. Next arc looks gorgeous.

04-23-10, 10:41 PM

Loved it loved it loved it.

05-18-10, 7:09 AM

This reminded me of Kurozuka. So damn much. EDIT: Ok, nevermind. Same director.
What is disturbing is that Pumbaa is not the weirdest thing in this 'arc'. This must have been made on drugs. I don't even know what to think about it yet.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

05-21-10, 4:29 PM

Shigeru's, or w/e his name is, VA doesn't suit him at all. Boring. Liked the last part. The whole witch thing was freaky. That's all.

05-28-10, 9:28 PM

Wtf again. lol That ending was a bit confusing but overall that was pretty entertaining.

06-06-10, 9:20 PM

kimmiechan said:
Gaara_The_Great said:
Absolutely brilliant. Tetsuro Araki manages to surpass his previous work--Kurozuka. Also, I think there wasn't any girl, it's just Shigemaru's imagination though it's obviously left to the viewers to decide for themselves.

I agree...Here's what I think:

Thanks for making sense of this madness.

06-22-10, 9:49 PM

I want to say she wasn't a demon, but who dances with chop heads. So it was all in his head... maybe, good arc.
Modified by TuzoAnime, 06-22-10, 9:57 PM

09-03-10, 9:26 AM

i'm scared of cherry blossoms now...never going 2 the parade...thanx

wat was up with that at the end? getting sukd into the tree? nd was the chik a demon really or was he hallucinating?

nd lol @ the grandma frm the city who smelled country bumpkin xD
Never thought that I could...never thought that I would be...
Misunderstood.

10-31-10, 12:00 AM

The most accurate depiction of all the stories' in the anime. There was one scene I was looking forward to seeing, mostly for its comedic effect, but that the anime left out. In the original story, the woman had the heads tearing off each others' flesh, and when the head begins to rot, she would throw them away and get new one's. I found that kind of funny XD

02-18-11, 4:08 PM

aero said:
kimmiechan said:
Gaara_The_Great said:
Absolutely brilliant. Tetsuro Araki manages to surpass his previous work--Kurozuka. Also, I think there wasn't any girl, it's just Shigemaru's imagination though it's obviously left to the viewers to decide for themselves.

Then why did his ex-wives question him about bringing home another woman? Unless you're saying every one of the girls were imaginary, but then the little girl was talking with an old lady.

02-18-11, 4:08 PM

aero said:
kimmiechan said:
Gaara_The_Great said:

Then why did his ex-wives question him about bringing home another woman? Unless you're saying every one of the girls were imaginary, but then the little girl was talking with an old lady.

05-14-11, 7:47 PM

Weird episode. hmmmm.
hgeronimo.png

06-24-11, 11:17 PM

noteDhero said:
Really? Only one person mentioned the light novels in comparison to the show having actually read the source. Perhaps you'd like to read all of the comments before you post.
Be that as it may I do agree with the person you've responded to. It seems you and others alike are too caught up in comparing one series to something completely different. You yourself said you've never had the chance to properly read the literature. Yet you openly discredit this based on a unfounded bias you apparently have bought over from another series; as if the two are intertwined.

Being the non cynical and open minded person that I am there are parts of this particular episode that might come across as strange. The humor and comedy aside with the suspense and psychological can be a bit disorientating at times. All and all that's what makes it a very unique adaption; since I assume cell phones, ear phones, and Moe was far from what the author originally wanted to get across.

It's a very refreshing, yet similar, aura compared to the previous 4 episodes.

12-30-11, 1:51 PM

In the end the question remains if all of this can be considered as hallucinations originating in his loneliness as it is hinted at the quite ambiguous end.

02-06-12, 1:33 AM

Don't really like how its so hard to figure out if he was imagining her the entire time, or he just killed her. Or if he killed himself after killing her. Hate vague endings.

And yeah, whoever made this adaption is pretty unprofessional, throwing a bunch of crappy humor into the story, since it sounds like that's what he did. Story I give an 8/10 to. Adaption, 6/10.

On to the next.

04-14-12, 11:28 PM

GAH, this is a bit difficult to really understand. But there are plenty of things to think about. @_@

04-29-12, 9:44 PM

So at the end, he was her...

06-11-12, 3:11 PM

Montrovant1488 said:
So at the end, he was her...

More like she didn't actually exist.
One death today is a tragedy, but when hundreds of thousands die fighting for their country, it's just another statistic.

08-07-12, 10:54 AM

I think it was brilliant.Loneliness does crazy shit to people

08-13-12, 1:41 PM

Really disliked this arc, nothing bad but sure as fuck wasn't any good and the "comedy" felt out of place.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices