Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2009 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverNov 14, 2009 8:20 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 14, 2009 7:24 PM
Nov 2008
The quiz at the beginning of the episode was quite a spoiler... I was fortunate enough that I missed it.

Akane x Kou x Aoba relationship got more complicated as Akane said that she has always wanted a younger sister like Aoba (btw, the cushion that she made ReAlLy suits Aoba well XD), Akane knowing that Wakaba was Aoba's deceased elder sister, and from Senda's loud mouth, the truth about Akane resembling Wakaba. I could also the sense of "resentment" coming from Aoba when Kou offered to throw away the old bamboo shoots with Wakaba's wish written on it (although Kou didn't do that on purpose). Aoba's getting the vibes that Kou is "dumping" Wakaba for Akane, I guess.

On the other hand, I guess even Akane could tell that Aoba and Kou get along very well (their usual bickering, etc) and may even attribute Aoba joining the all-male Seishuu baseball team even though she can't participate in official games because of her strong support & faith towards Kou.

Lol to Azuma's desire to eat Aoba's Napolitan and getting appendicitis afterwards. I guess Aoba's food is too "potent"!! Interesesting taste, he said. He's quite an interesting character, that Azuma. I wonder if that counts as his first step in approaching Aoba?? Maybe I'm thinking too much, lol. Anyway, it's such a pity that Seishuu lost when Azuma isn't around. Even though I thought Kou will make a great clean-up after Azuma, I guess the coach or the team doesn't want to tire their ace or something. So now the actual battle to Koushien must be Kou's last summer in high school...

Frankly speaking, I think that the match should be shown first before the part on Senda blurting Akabe resembling Wakaba. They just left that issue there and proceeded with the games? And Akane was all okay following the 2 Tsukishima sisters to the ball park?!?

The only part I caught from the next episode's preview (Senda's fooling around aside) was Azuma "encouraging" Aoba to participate in women's national baseball selection test, and implying her to free herself from Wakaba's dream. Interesting to see Azuma interested in other people's affairs, lol. But I guess he's aware of Aoba's potential and wishes her to do whatever she truly desires.
cerulean18Nov 14, 2009 7:30 PM
Nov 15, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
Well, it looks like Azuma might actually have feelings for Aoba after all...falling in love for Kou's doppelganger...

Anyways, I'm just happy that it looks like they're assigning a role to Akane in this episode. It seems that she may be the one to fight for Aoba's position on the baseball team...wanting a little sister like Aoba, and now finding out she looks exactly like Wakaba might have increased this desire. Besides that though, this was just an ok episode with more rehashings of Kou and Aoba being identical, Akane looking just like Wakaba (total re-do of the moment in front of Tsukishima household), and extra-tacky talk of the red string of fate.
Nov 15, 2009 6:55 PM

Jul 2009
So which one is Kou's red string? XD

noteDhero said:
Well, it looks like Azuma might actually have feelings for Aoba after all...falling in love for Kou's doppelganger...
Well it maybe because of Akane's appearance that make Azuma feel secured to approach Aoba..Adachi-sensei really love to make twist and complicated relationship, really someone tell me what is Kou's feeling right now? to Aoba and Akane

*sigh* why Autumn tournament is always look less attractive than Summer Koshien really, they lost in Autumn too, apparently H2's team is still the best team among Touch and Cross Game imo
Nov 15, 2009 9:18 PM

May 2009
Well, at least Akane finally knows why she's been getting weird looks and reactions from people in the neighborhood. Thank you Senda.

Azuma ordering the Napolitan was eye raising. If there was anyone that he'd be remotely interested in, it would be Aoba.
Nov 16, 2009 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
Too bad they couldn't progress in the fall tournament.
Nov 16, 2009 6:31 AM

Oct 2009
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but half of this episode wasnt in the manga right?I mean the match.I don't remember Azuma's hospitalization at all.

I think everyone already guessed that they wont make it in the fall tournament cause in Wakaba's dream it was summer.

I like the misleading best in this episode.Akaishi saying "red string of fate" makes you think think at library Akane and Kou will run into each other but instead Kou and Aoba ran into.That was nice..

Nov 16, 2009 7:05 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
My favourite quote of the week: "This is getting complicated..." -Azuma

+10 to Azuma's initiative for Aoba

+100 for Kou ending up meeting Aoba instead

Cliche but done in an extremely lovable and cute fashion.

Next episode: New Year! Time is flying by really fast. We're at in winter already lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 16, 2009 8:58 AM
Nov 2008
wakka9ca said:

Yes, thank you Azyma for pointing out what everyone watching was thinking XD

Was really looking forward to seeing Akaishi develop as a player, and was really dissapointed to see the big finish fall through. It's kinda discouraging to see them not score a single run without Azuma.
Nov 16, 2009 4:41 PM
Mar 2008
thalandor46 said:
wakka9ca said:

Yes, thank you Azyma for pointing out what everyone watching was thinking XD

Was really looking forward to seeing Akaishi develop as a player, and was really dissapointed to see the big finish fall through. It's kinda discouraging to see them not score a single run without Azuma.

lol Yes @ Azuma xD
Akaishi is so gonna get that home run next time >:O
Nov 17, 2009 7:14 AM

Sep 2008
nice ep ^ ^

Like always Aoba n Kou r rly identical .. (the cleaning part)

Akane have always wanted to have a younger sister like Aoba! >>> Azuma: "This is getting complicated..."

Akane began to know that they were 4 sisters when she asked "Who is Wakaba-san?"

Aoba said thnx to Akane and sent her with Kou away. A few secs later, it began raining cats and dogs(raining heavily)! >>> Akane: "What? What is happening?" >>> Kou: "Every time she says thanks, something bad is bound to happen!" lool! ((referring to previous ep when Aoba said thnx to Kou for worrying about her then the train delaying accident happened!)

n yea, Aoba got frustrated when Kou asked her if he should help her throw that old bamboo leaves .. (It was Wakaba's stuff, not Aoba's ^ ^)

Akaishi went to the Soba restaurant to give the owner a complimentary gift that's when he saw Akane and broke a glass from the gift ..

When Akane was giving Akaishi first-aids Senda came shouting about a girl who's like a clone of Wakaba (Akane finally knows the reason for the strange reactions she gets sometimes)

Akaishi heard that Kou was going to the library(he heard Akane before saying to her father that she's going to the library) and started thinking about the red string of fate.

Kou met Aoba in the library instead of meeting Akane. Akane saw them arguing like usual.

Azuma ate a Napolitan made by Aoba and said the taste was interesting then fell sick the next day with acute appendicitis. rofl!

Akane was wondering why Aoba was the only girl in Seishu's team then she finally knew that girls aren't allowed to play in official games no matter how good they are.

Seishu lost the game without Azuma ...

5/5 ep

tsubasalover said:
Kou said it's been 6 years since the last time Aoba said thanks.

Actually, he said that Wakaba passed 6 years ago.
Aoba has just said thnx to Kou in last ep for worrying about her ^ ^

Looking forward to New Year~!
Kaito__KidNov 17, 2009 7:24 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 18, 2009 10:30 PM

Nov 2008
Did anyone get the free download? I missed the window to get it.
Nov 20, 2009 6:32 PM
Jul 2009
Nice episode.... Seishu lost T_T.. Let's just see if Wakaba's dream comes true with Aoba playing centerfield... I really thought Azuma got sick because of the Napolitan.. Haha.. I really wanted Akaishi to get that homerun... Maybe next time
Nov 23, 2009 11:32 PM

May 2008
they got 0 points? like how can that happen

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 25, 2009 7:03 AM

Nov 2007
I hope they have a reason for making Seishu lose this game, as I see it, it was really unnecessary.
Jun 13, 2010 1:02 AM

Sep 2009
Too bad they can't score without Azuma there. I hope they get better for later though.
Oct 10, 2010 8:19 PM

Sep 2008
...they lost again?

I like how the dad always drops the bucket though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2010 12:46 PM

Sep 2008
Azuma should be out for at least a month, if this series is going to try to be realistic... An appendectomy should have you bedridden for a week, but unable to do anything sporty like baseball for quite a while. Anyway, definitely did not look good on Aoba's part that he just happened to get it after eating her dish. XD But you can't blame her anyway - an inflamed appendix isn't due to just one bad meal or something...

I was really shocked that they actually... lost. Is there a reason for that though?! It seemed unnecessary to have them lose, even if Azuma wasn't there!
Jul 6, 2012 2:59 PM

Oct 2009
ROFL poor Azuma!! XD
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Sep 19, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
And this what happens in a game without Azuma.
May 1, 2013 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
And they lose again. This is getting depressing.

Feb 13, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
ownosourus said:
And they lose again. This is getting depressing.

one player is missing and they cant even get one player in, wtf happened to Kou being a great batter as well
Mar 9, 2014 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Kou's a great batter. What happened O_o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 19, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2009
(^) What's crazy is, the disappointment doesn't even register the very next episode despite the feels that this episode bestows upon us (Aoba and Akane look so crestfallen)!

Anyway I was surprised how 'annoyed-mother'-ish Azuma came off while Akaishi and Senda were squabbling... it's a new side to him that you only get to see now, with Akane complicating the Aoba-Kou pairing he seems to be pulling for (speculation on my part--it's just like him as Kou's wingman to turn up the charm, for lack of a better word, and approach Aoba, in order to help the two of them out...no?)

Funny how this very subtle, selfless, discernful side still meshes with the image--13&1/2 minutes in--of Azuma Yuuhei: Tsukishima Batting Centre's homerun king sweating bullets in the cage! (`*o*`) My god. So this is what they mean by beware the quiet ones...!!

At the same time we're getting introduced to Akaishi and Akane's characters as well. Gah! How well-rounded can you make all your characters, Mitsuru Adachi, before you get tired!?!!
TsuppiMar 19, 2014 10:34 PM
~End Nestea bottle abuse!~

Tsuppi is Signe
Apr 2, 2014 7:34 AM

Apr 2012
Senda has to die a horrible horrible death. Has a big mouth and is crap at baseball apart from the odd bunt!
Apr 9, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2010
They're all so useless except for Kou and Azuma.......
Jun 12, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
When will they start winning... they've only won 1 main game and have lost 3 important games this entire series...

I'm watching this anime for the sports and a little plot, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm watching this for the wrong reasons.
Jun 24, 2014 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
If only that guy at the first base hadn't failed... Also, who would have thought that Senda could pull out a good play? Honestly, as soon as I saw him, I just thought ''fuck, it's over''.

Akaichi must feel so fucking bad right now. He'll have difficulty to get over that defeat, they'll have to be on his back.

So she learned about Wakaba and her ressemblance. Well, as Azuma said, she would have learned it one way or another.

I seriously thought that Azuma was sick because of those Napolitan xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
Sadly a loss occurs this episode, Dammit Aoba...this THIS is why you don't let her in a kitchen xD!
Senda also spoils the Wakaba thing to Akane...Gods i dislike Senda...
Were running low on time for the Team to get access to Koshien.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Dec 7, 2014 12:34 PM
Nov 2014
This episode's ending was pretty stupid. I mean, for 32 episodes, they bragged about having a top-class pitcher, lovely batters and look at this.
It was unrealistic for me. Claiming that Seishu had good players and making them lose their games. For real though, their win-lose ratio is in the dark.
Jan 10, 2015 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
And of course Aoba's cooking gets Azuma sick...the idiot. And Senda deserved more than a "pat" to the head, he really is too high on himself.
Jan 18, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, why does most of their team have to suck so much.
I was shocked when the ball was dropped like that with Akane in the room.
Apr 28, 2015 11:33 PM

Feb 2014
Kou and Azuma carry this baseball team.
Jan 3, 2016 1:09 AM

Jun 2009
lol, people keep dropping stuff when they see her (akaishi, aoba's dad). and that music that plays every time. god damn senda is a fucking retard...
loghneckbeardJan 3, 2016 1:40 AM
Feb 4, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2011
I think that was the first time I was peeved at Senda, although he's always been a dork.

I thought the assumption that the Napolitan is what sent Azuma to the hospital was funny. Acute appendicitis doesn't actually have any known cause, though. It was just bad timing.

Also, I thought the developments between Kou, Aoba, and Akane were actually quite good in this episode, mostly because of what Akane is seeing and learning. I get the feeling that she will push for Aoba to be able to play in the games, somehow.

OriginANIME said:
And this what happens in a game without Azuma.
xchee said:
I thought Kou's a great batter. What happened O_o

Kou did well. The issue is what Azuma said to Akaishi before-- if a team like them lose, it will be because of the others, which is to say that their fielding is what lost them the game. They wouldn't have been down a point in the first place had it not been for fielding errors.

Also keep in mind that one person getting to base isn't enough. Kou or Akaishi could have gotten on base multiple times, but it doesn't matter if the next batter(s) can't bring them home.
Jul 24, 2017 1:33 AM

Dec 2014
Azuma's bravery knows no bounds. #respect. XD

Sucks that they lost, honestly a lot of times it feels like Kou and Azuma carry the entire team so hard.
Aug 9, 2018 5:42 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, I really though Azuma was sick because of Aoba's napolitan.
They lost the game without him.
Aug 16, 2020 1:03 PM

Jul 2015
Akaishi really should have patted that blabbermouth Senda a bit harder there. Real bad luck there ..even though it's because of the acute appendicitis Azuma still shouldn't have eaten the napolitan...

Oct 18, 2020 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
im kinda glad senda ran his big mouth, if i were in akane's shoes i'd want to know if i looked like the resident dead girl lol

i'm also finding it really hard to believe they lost just bc they didn't have azuma, but if i guess even if kou and akaishi were batting well they still need the other players to bring them home. kinda sad

i hope the predictions about akane are true! that she will start pushing for aoba to have more presence on the team. i really think aoba deserves more. or maybe azuma will get her to join the girls baseball team! anything honestly instead of this horrible limbo she's in

ALSO I SEE IT NOW AZUMA X AOBA. HE ATE HER NAPOLITAN LOLLL. honestly i don't hate it bc kou doesn't reciprocate all that much to aoba, who clearly has feelings for him. and he's not her fucking cousin lmfao so i'm down. but i don't think it'll pan out that way in the end tbh given how much work has gone into building kou x aoba. what i DO want ASAP is akaisha x akane! poor boy was just as in love with wakaba as kou was but it was unrequited T.T give him akane at least

also obvi kou x azuma trumps all
Apr 1, 2021 8:16 AM

Sep 2018
The more I watch, the more I become convinced that Azuma's right: he and Kitamura completely carry the team. It really makes me wish the others will see this defeat as a wake-up call and actually start getting good, though I really doubt that'll happen.
Jan 1, 2022 8:15 AM

Jan 2018
Damn Senda the idiot spills the beans in the soba shop... He deserved a full-on asswhooping not just a "pat" from Akaishi. Hopefully next ep. Yeah I know that Akane deserved to know and it was gonna happen sooner or later. Storytelling-wise this was done really well and came completely unexpected. Sasuga Adachi-san.
For Akane-chan it must've hit like a brick that people have been viewing her as someone different which must suck. But if her personality is anything like Waka-chan (which it seems it is) then I don't think she'll actually mind for long. I just hope her development will be that she isn't Wakaba or her replacement, just like everyone else have to move on and come to grips with reality that Wakaba is really gone for good.

Damn Yuuhei actually downed an entire napolitan made by Aoba? I don't think it's a coincidence that he got carried by a hospital the very next morning... even if the show tells us it's for acute appendicitis.

0451Jan 1, 2022 10:22 AM
Jul 3, 2022 10:03 PM

Jan 2022
My boi Kou moves heaven and hell every single god damn game for these incompetent losers. I am seriously surprised It wasn't he who ended up in the hospital with a back injury given all the carrying he's done. Without Azuma I doubt they'd even make contact off a T ball stand.

And yeah sure Senda should have been a more tactful but he's got a point. Someone was gonna tell her eventually and all of you could have avoided this situation if you just sat her down and cued her in on the sitch.
-insert NGE meme here-

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.